Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538369 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I remember long ago reading some made-up TAR results pages and one of them had in it a "Triple U-Turn". Do you think this could eventually happen for real, or is it too out there?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I remember long ago reading some made-up TAR results pages and one of them had in it a "Triple U-Turn". Do you think this could eventually happen for real, or is it too out there?
I wouldn't mind it happening, but I don't know if it's just me... but does anyone else have a very stale taste, almost sick and tired mood, for the U-Turn in general now? I feel like it's time to introduce a new slowdown twist to keep things afresh especially since this thing has been around since season 12 (a decade plus one, wow!) and I would love to see more creativity going on with the race structure. I wouldn't mind them getting rid of the Speed Bump altogether either (yet another season 12 origin), and compressing a main task that hasn't been inflicted with the last place penalty to keep things interesting and flowing. :(

I've seen some really juicy penalty ideas typed here and maybe it's time to dig into that and put it to the test. :)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I wouldn't mind it happening, but I don't know if it's just me... but does anyone else have a very stale taste, almost sick and tired mood, for the U-Turn in general now? I feel like it's time to introduce a new slowdown twist to keep things afresh especially since this thing has been around since season 12 (a decade plus one, wow!) and I would love to see more creativity going on with the race structure. I wouldn't mind them getting rid of the Speed Bump altogether either (yet another season 12 origin), and compressing a main task that hasn't been inflicted with the last place penalty to keep things interesting and flowing. :(

I've seen some really juicy penalty ideas typed here and maybe it's time to dig into that and put it to the test. :)

I feel the same way. Both the U-Turn and Speed Bump should have been in only seasons 12-18 in my opinion. Then in Season 19 introduce something new. Both have gotten so stale I would love to see Marked For Elimination return. I thought that was the best Non-Elimination penalty in US TAR to date. If a new Non-Elimination Penalty would be introduced I would love it to be TAR Norge's Handicap. I have never seen TAR Norge, but i think this is the best Penalty to date in all versions. Take for example the mud bricks from TAR 5's India leg. Teams would be required to make 20 bricks, but the Handicapped team would have to make 30 bricks. This could be an advantage or disadvantage if the team can be good at a task. I would like the Yield and U-Turn to cp-exist in the US Version of the race, so tense won't know what's coming.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I feel the same way. Both the U-Turn and Speed Bump should have been in only seasons 12-18 in my opinion. Then in Season 19 introduce something new. Both have gotten so stale I would love to see Marked For Elimination return. I thought that was the best Non-Elimination penalty in US TAR to date. If a new Non-Elimination Penalty would be introduced I would love it to be TAR Norge's Handicap. I have never seen TAR Norge, but i think this is the best Penalty to date in all versions. Take for example the mud bricks from TAR 5's India leg. Teams would be required to make 20 bricks, but the Handicapped team would have to make 30 bricks. This could be an advantage or disadvantage if the team can be good at a task. I would like the Yield and U-Turn to cp-exist in the US Version of the race, so tense won't know what's coming.
I think the Handicap is so interesting, and I'm not just saying that because most things are better than the Speed Bump's current state of show-and-done. I would love, love, love to see something like that making a debut in the U.S. version so we could have more potential task drama against trailing and teams falling behind simultaneously rather than having penalized teams go to their own private task to finish something so minor and forgettable (Bill & Cathi's unkink a rope SB was the beginning of the decline for me).

As for the U-Turn issue, I'm not sure if I'd even be thrilled for the Yield returning if a coexisting U-Turn outweighs the benefits/detriments of the Yield. Plus, we've only seen one team, The Danis, "majorly", in the most broadest sense, affected after turning over the hourglass. I'd like something brand new at this point. No rehash. :yes:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I hate the U-Turn. The YIELD is so better is SO MANY WAYS!  :2hearts:

And yes, I would LOVE to see the Speed Bump go. I'm sick of it and yes, introduce the Handicap!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Well well, very interesting thoughts here. I'm not sure I can agree, honestly.

*The U-Turn I'm very split about. I like the idea and sometimes it really works well, but sometimes it really DOESN'T work well. Honestly, I think the U-Turn can stay but there has to be one major change. The U-Turn should only be applied to two tasks that don't take very long to complete. Quick Detour tasks. Otherwise a team will have to complete two 30-minute tasks, spending an hour at the Detour, then they have no hope of surviving. I think it's fine, but it does need brain power behind it.

*The Yield should NOT come back. I'm sorry but I hate the Yield. It's boring, it's not fun to watch, and all we get from it is 10 minutes of a team standing around bitching at the team that targeted them. The Israeli version of the Race overuses the Yield to the point of nausea, and I'm totally sick of it.

*Mixing the Yield and U-Turn also doesn't work in my opinion, because one is so much stronger than the other.

*I like the Speed Bump and I hope it never goes away. Sorry, but I really do like it. Admittedly, I wouldn't mind if the Speed Bump took on some elements of the Handicap. Maybe not on every single Speed Bump, but here and there it would be neat for a team's Speed Bump to just be the normal task but harder (IE, Tanner & Josh's Speed Bump, but not so insanely overpowered)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well well, very interesting thoughts here. I'm not sure I can agree, honestly.

*The U-Turn I'm very split about. I like the idea and sometimes it really works well, but sometimes it really DOESN'T work well. Honestly, I think the U-Turn can stay but there has to be one major change. The U-Turn should only be applied to two tasks that don't take very long to complete. Quick Detour tasks. Otherwise a team will have to complete two 30-minute tasks, spending an hour at the Detour, then they have no hope of surviving. I think it's fine, but it does need brain power behind it.

*The Yield should NOT come back. I'm sorry but I hate the Yield. It's boring, it's not fun to watch, and all we get from it is 10 minutes of a team standing around bitching at the team that targeted them. The Israeli version of the Race overuses the Yield to the point of nausea, and I'm totally sick of it.

*Mixing the Yield and U-Turn also doesn't work in my opinion, because one is so much stronger than the other.

*I like the Speed Bump and I hope it never goes away. Sorry, but I really do like it. Admittedly, I wouldn't mind if the Speed Bump took on some elements of the Handicap. Maybe not on every single Speed Bump, but here and there it would be neat for a team's Speed Bump to just be the normal task but harder (IE, Tanner & Josh's Speed Bump, but not so insanely overpowered)
I definitely do agree that the U-Turns are hit or miss. Sometimes it does bring its surprises (Twinnies' blockade method, Joe & Heidi's beautiful downfall), but for me, I feel like it is overly used to the point it got tiring for me after 10 years of seeing it still being promoted as a "twist" when it's become a race resident. I just wish to see a fresh breath of air into the route structure especially now that we're stuck in a new age of this stunt casting trend.

As for the Speed Bump, I think the problems I had for some of them were teams being led into a different area to do something so minuscule and irrelevant to the culture of the region. Maybe if they were more integrated to their current tasks, then perhaps that change might be something worth taking.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
A breath of fresh air is exactly what turned the U-Turn from something good into something bad. That's where the U-Turn-before-the-Detour nonsense came from. I would love a season that went back to just having two single U-Turns in the race.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
New Countries:
Algeria
Belize
East Timor
Fiji
Gabon
Guatemala
Latvia
Micronesia
Nepal
Seychelles
Tajikistan

New Cities, Old Countries:
Canberra, Australia
Brasilia/Recife, Brazil
Chongqing, China
Nice/Cannes, France
Varanasi, India
Sapporo, Japan
Nairobi, Kenya (for a leg, not a stopover)
Acapulco, Mexico
Cebu, Philippines

Varanasi - TAR 18 (a really great leg, too!)
Nice - TAR 26

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
They can explore Brazil in so many different ways. I wish they could do that.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Don't these beaches on the Gold Coast, look inviting for TAR32 to visit!  :funny:

The Gold Coast, is THE BEST city in Australia!

Gra1162

Come back to Hong Kong TAR You didn't visit the best parts yet

don't these look good to you

how about disney? you never been to Hk disney TAR

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hong Kong was just visited one season ago, in TAR30!  :funny:

Gra1162

Hong Kong was just visited one season ago, in TAR30!  :funny:
I know but still  :lol:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
New Countries:
Algeria
Belize
East Timor
Fiji
Gabon
Guatemala
Latvia
Micronesia
Nepal
Seychelles
Tajikistan

Canberra, Australia
Brasilia/Recife, Brazil
Chongqing, China
Nice/Cannes, France
Varanasi, India
Sapporo, Japan
Acapulco, Mexico
Cebu, Philippines

Nice - TAR 26

Seychelles was visited in TAR 16 as well.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
New Countries:
Algeria
Belize
East Timor
Fiji
Gabon
Guatemala
Latvia
Micronesia
Nepal
Seychelles
Tajikistan

Canberra, Australia
Brasilia/Recife, Brazil
Chongqing, China
Nice/Cannes, France
Varanasi, India
Sapporo, Japan
Acapulco, Mexico
Cebu, Philippines

Nice - TAR 26

Seychelles was visited in TAR 16 as well.

Also Algeria will not be visited in the foreseeable future. It’s incredibly difficult and expensive to get visas for Americans, and it’s has a travel advisory due to high risk of kidnappings.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think Bratislava is due to visit. I'm visiting tomorrow  :funny:. Also i went to Dresden the other day, this city needs a proper leg or at least a half leg coupled with Berlin or Prague, it's stunning.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
The Amazing Race: Athletes Edition ( Full )
Full Destination:
Starting Point: Miami, Florida
Placement:
1st: Andre & Steffi      6th: Jessie & Sadie            11th: Horace & Harvey                         
2nd: Lionel & Cris       7th: Courtney & Ashleigh
3rd: Kacey & Hilary    8th: Rebecca & Kate
4th: Chris & Alexa      9th: Julie & Zach
5th: John  & Matt       10: Val & Nastia
Leg 1 - Kingston, Jamaica - Eliminated: Lionel & Cris (9)
Placement:
1st: John & Matt              6th: Kacey & Hilary       11th: Lionel & Cris                         
2nd: Andre & Steffi          7th: Chris & Alexa
3rd: Courtney & Ashleigh  8th: Jessie & Sadie
4th: Rebecca & Kate         9th: Val & Nastia
5th:  Julie & Zach            10th: Horace & Harvey
Leg 2 - Toronto, Canada - NEL
Placement:
1st: Julie & Zach         6th: John & Matt                                     
2nd: Kacey & Hilary    7th: Courtney & Ashleigh
3rd: Jessie & Sadie     8th: Chris & Alexa
4th: Horace & Harvey  9th: Andre & Steffi
5th: Val & Nastia        10th: Rebecca & Kate
Leg 3 - Halifax, Canada - Eliminated: Val & Nastia (11)
Placement:
1st: John & Matt.        6th: Chris & Alexa                     
2nd: Horace & Harvey 7th: Andre & Steffi
3rd: Kacey & Hilary     8th: Courtney & Ashleigh
4th: Jessie & Sadie     9th: Rebecca & Kate
5th: Julie & Zach.       10th: Val & Nastia
Leg 4: Bruges, Belgium - KOR
Placement:
1st: Andre & Steffi.     6th: Kacey & Hilary                       
2nd: Rebecca & Kate   7th: Julie & Zach
3rd: Chris & Alexa       8th: Jessie & Sadie
4th: Horace & Harvey  9th: John & Matt
5th: Courtney & Ashleigh                         
Leg 5: Brussels, Belgium - Eliminated: Chris & Alexa (3)
Placement:
1st: Julie & Zach.        6th: Rebecca & Kate                     
2nd: Jessie & Sadie.    7th: Courtney & Ashleigh
3rd: Horace & Harvey  8th: Andre & Steffi
4th: John & Matt.        9th: Chris & Alexa
5th: Kacey & Hilary
Leg 6: Luxembourg - Eliminated: Courtney & Ashleigh (4)
Placement:
1st: John & Matt.        6th: Julie & Zach                       
2nd: Andre & Steffi.    7th: Jessie & Sadie
3rd: Horace & Harvey  8th: Courtney & Ashleigh
4th: Kacey & Hilary
5th: Rebecca & Kate
Leg 7: Budapest, Hungary - NEL
Placement:
1st: Andre & Steffi      6th: Julie & Zach                       
2nd: John & Matt        7th: Rebecca & Kate
3rd: Jessie & Sadie     
4th: Horace & Harvey
Leg 8: Baku, Azerbaijan - Eliminated: Andre & Steffi ( 10 )
Placement:
1st: Rebecca & Kate    6th: Horace & Harvey                       
2nd: Jessie & Sadie     7th: Andre & Steffi
3rd: Julie & Zach 
4th: John & Matt
Leg 9: Lalibela, Ethiopia - Eliminated:  Jessie & Sadie (1)
Placement:
1st: Kacey & Hilary        6th: Jessie & Sadie               
2nd: Julie & Zach   
3rd: Rebecca & Kate 
4th: Horace & Harvey
5th: John & Matt
Leg 10: Colombo, Sri Lanka -  Eliminated: John & Matt ( 8 )
Placement:
1st: Horace & Harvey   
2nd: Rebecca & Kate   
3rd: Julie & Zach
5th: John & Matt
Leg 11: Melbourne, Australia - Eliminated: Kacey & Hilary (7)
Placement:
1st: Julie & Zach   
2nd: Rebecca & Kate   
3rd: Horace & Harvey
Leg 12: Honolulu, Hawaii ( Finish Line )
Placement:
1st: Rebecca Soni & Kate Ziegler ( Winners of $1M and the The Amazing Race: Athletes Edition!!! )   :cheer:
2nd: Julie Ertz & Zach Ertz
3rd: Horace & Harvey Grant

Leg Prizes:
Pre-Leg: Double your money
Leg 1: A trip for two to Queenstown, New Zealand
Leg 2: An Express Pass
Leg 3: $2,500 cash each
Leg 4: A trip for two to Aruba, Netherlands Antilles
Leg 5: A trip for two to Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Leg 6: 2018 Fitbit watches and a 1- year gym fitness sponsored by Gold's Gym club
Leg 7: $5,000 cash each
Leg 8: 2018 new car models sponsored by Ford
Leg 9: A trip for two to Bucharest, Romania
Leg 10: A trip for two to Milan & Lake Como, Italy
Leg 11: $10,000 cash each
Leg 12: $1,000,000 cash and the Amazing Race title
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:36:44 AM by justmjlayson »

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
The Amazing Race Athletes Edition Contestants ( Fan-made Only)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
L1: USA --> Bolivia
L2: Bolivia
L3: Bolivia --> Paraguay
L4: Paraguay --> Ivory Coast
L5: Ivory Coast --> Mali
L6: Mali --> Luxembourg
L7: Luxembourg --> Sweden
L8: Sweden
L9: Sweden --> Belarus
L10: Belarus --> Uzbekistan
L11: Uzbekistan --> Mongolia
L12: Mongolia --> USA

10 points to whoever can guess the theme of this route.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like it's the fewest possible ocean bordering countries. Except for Sweden and Ivory Coast
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
OMG is it a bunch of places that the UK hasn’t invaded???

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
omg Watching the Philippine Legs of the current season of Pekin Express really has me hoping TARUS survives long enough for them to return and race through the Northern Philippines. Stunning views, great tasks. I think they'd be amazing TAR Legs.

Gra1162

Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #4348 on: September 29, 2018, 08:20:53 AM »
The Amazing Race Hong kong (wishlist) (this needs to happen we have no good reality shows in hk

Host: Steven Chow

Cast:
Chinese Grannies, 61,66 F/F:
Chinese grannies like to pick fights with anyone from food to behaviour to random stuffs so they will be an entertaing team to watch  :funny:

British Hongkonger and American hongkonger F/F:
Just the boss b*tch team

Helpers F/F:
Hing kong is crowed with them and with the money they can change their familie's life however they will not be like dave and conner and whine the wholetiem but more like NANA

Fei Ma and cooking granny F/F

Married Grandparents M/F

dating couple m/f

engaged celebs  M/F

Nerds m/m

police officers m/m

father and son m/m

Constuction workers m/m

Route:
Starting line : Times Square Casusway bay

Leg 1 : Hong kong (Hong kong island task)
Leg 2 : Kowloon New terretories leg
leg 3: shenzhen chin
Leg 4: Guangzhou China
Leg 5: Siberia Russia
Leg 6: Maldives
Leg 7: Cape town South Africa
Leg 8: London england
Leg 9: New york
Leg 10: Los Angles
Leg 11: Hawaii
Leg 12: Hong kong (kowloon leg)

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #4349 on: September 30, 2018, 04:23:59 AM »
The Amazing Race Hong kong (wishlist) (this needs to happen we have no good reality shows in hk

Host: Steven Chow

Cast:
Chinese Grannies, 61,66 F/F:
Chinese grannies like to pick fights with anyone from food to behaviour to random stuffs so they will be an entertaing team to watch  :funny:

British Hongkonger and American hongkonger F/F:
Just the boss b*tch team

Helpers F/F:
Hing kong is crowed with them and with the money they can change their familie's life however they will not be like dave and conner and whine the wholetiem but more like NANA

Fei Ma and cooking granny F/F

Married Grandparents M/F

dating couple m/f

engaged celebs  M/F

Nerds m/m

police officers m/m

father and son m/m

Constuction workers m/m

Route:
Starting line : Times Square Casusway bay

Leg 1 : Hong kong (Hong kong island task)
Leg 2 : Kowloon New terretories leg
leg 3: shenzhen chin
Leg 4: Guangzhou China
Leg 5: Siberia Russia
Leg 6: Maldives
Leg 7: Cape town South Africa
Leg 8: London england
Leg 9: New york
Leg 10: Los Angles
Leg 11: Hawaii
Leg 12: Hong kong (kowloon leg)

This is genius! Though, your missing the ethnic minority team