Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538681 times)

Gra1162

I'll imagine Phil to be on the LAX to Melbourne direct...

First six teams would most likely go LAX-Sydney-Melbourne

Second six teams would most likely go LAX-Brisbane-Melbourne

Brisbane Airport sucks! It's small and there's not much to do there!
I think Brisbane Airport is better than Perth and plus perth has NOTHING  to do

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Spree of the moment ideas!

Show content
STARTING LINE: Santa Cruz Wharf in Santa Cruz, California! Drive vintage station wagons to the airport!
Leg 1 (United States -> New Zealand) | flight from San Francisco to Auckland, Northland region
Leg 2 (New Zealand -> Laos) | flight to Luang Prabang, Plain of Jars
Leg 3 (Laos) | drive toward Vientiane
Leg 4 (Laos -> Uzbekistan) | flight to Samarkand, NIGHT LEG, Registan Square
Leg 5 (Uzbekistan -> India) | flight to Siliguri, Darjeeling tea estates
Leg 6 (India) | ride into Gangtok, Himalayan mountainside
Leg 7 (India -> Uganda) | flight to Kampala, taxi to Jinja
Leg 8 (Uganda -> Greece) | flight to Athens
Leg 9 (Greece) | ferry to Heraklion on Crete
Leg 10 (Greece -> Luxembourg) | flight to Luxembourg City
Leg 11 (Luxembourg -> Germany) | train to Munich
Leg 12 (Germany -> United States) | fly to Charlotte, North Carolina!
* Winstom-Salem (Original Krispy Kreme @ 259 Stratford Street) DETOUR- drive-thru & deliver or make batch of specialty flavor
* Concord (Reed Gold Mine) - panning for gold to trade for next clue
* Charlotte (US National Whitewater Center) - zipline, run to kayak shoreline, team whitewater slalom
* Concord (Charlotte Motor Speedway) FINAL ROADBLOCK- memory task involving the gigantic HD-screen and RV quad
FINISH LINE: Rural Hill in Huntersville, NC!
Show content
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
TAR 31 Wishlist Locations
Leg 1: United States (Florida) > United Kingdom (London)
 *Doctor Who Roadblock ("Who can crack the Dalek code?") (Version of TARAsia S4 Leg 10,TARAus S2 Leg 11, TARPh S2 Leg 4)
Leg 2: United Kingdom (London) > Germany (Rothenburg ob der Tauber)
Leg 3: Germany (Rothenburg ob der Tauber) > Spain (Madrid)
Leg 4: Spain (Madrid > Ibiza)

* Pit Stop: Pikes Hotel
Leg 5: Spain (Ibiza) > South Africa (Cape Town)
Leg 6: South Africa (Cape Town > Port Elizabeth)
Leg 7: South Africa (Port Elizabeth) > India (Mumbai)
Leg 8: India (Mumbai) > Thailand (Bangkok)
Leg 9: Thailand (Bangkok) > Philippines (Bulacan Region)

*Pit Stop: Barasoain Church
Leg 10: Philippines (Bulacan Region > Ilocos Region)
Leg 11: Philippines (Ilocos Region) > Japan (Tokyo)

*Both Detour tasks involves the character Pikachu
 *Pit Stop greeter Pikachu (greeted in Pikachu language and voiced by: Ikue Ōtani)
Leg 12: Japan (Tokyo) > United States (Los Angeles)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I loved India...would be happy to see ANY legs there!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
I'm looking forward to seeing South Island in New Zealand  :2hearts:
You can have a bunch of stuff in Queenstown, plus there is Milford Sound and also Dunedin, home to the steepest road in the world!
Having a slow-cycling themed task up Baldwin Street, chaos !

Gra1162

Or cycling in the old city wall in xian I am gonna try it when I go their next week but hopefully the school trip doesn’t bring us to huashan I don’t want to die so young but I am REALLY looking forward to a China leg! Or a Fiji leg

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm looking forward to seeing South Island in New Zealand  :2hearts:
You can have a bunch of stuff in Queenstown, plus there is Milford Sound and also Dunedin, home to the steepest road in the world!
Having a slow-cycling themed task up Baldwin Street, chaos !
Absolutely! Especially when numbered Jaffas are involved, :lol3:

Colossal image below...
Show content
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Wanted a 2 full-legs of Salzburg, Austria this season along with India! Both of them are my favorites!

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
 *Doctor Who Roadblock ("Who can crack the Dalek code?") (Version of TARAsia S4 Leg 10,TARAus S2 Leg 11, TARPh S2 Leg 4)

*Pit Stop greeter Pikachu (greeted in Pikachu language and voiced by: Ikue Ōtani)

I'm going to add a few details (it's kinda like re-editing) on my TAR 31 Wishlist Locations.
Leg 9 or Leg 10: *Roadblock task involves selling taho.

Leg 12: Memory task and finish line in Disneyland California.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Wanted a 2 full-legs of Salzburg, Austria this season along with India! Both of them are my favorites!

India is definitely overused and should include for TAR 31. The "speculative" route for TAR 31 would be USA -> Australia -> Japan/Taiwan -> Myanmar -> India -> South Africa -> Sweden -> Latvia -> Spain -> Colombia -> USA.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Plz give me Fiji, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Latvia and South Africa <33333

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member

I'm going to add a few details (it's kinda like re-editing) on my TAR 31 Wishlist Locations.
Leg 9 or Leg 10: *Roadblock task involves selling taho.

Leg 12: Memory task and finish line in Disneyland California.

Also adding again:
Leg 2: With special guest Rick Steves. And including the Night Watchman on Leg 2 giving the clues when tasks (Detour or Roadblock) are done.

What I was trying to say on the Leg 1 Roadblock (Doctor Who theme ("Who can crack the Dalek code?")) was based on the other Roadblocks from other international versions of TAR (except USA): "Getting past three (or more than 3 I think) rows guarded by guards (TARAsia S4 Leg 10, TARAus S2 Leg 11) or Surfboarders (TARPh S2, Leg 4)". With the sound effect "EXTERMINATE!!!" if 3 strikes (I think?).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:34:59 AM by DetectiveLoke »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3

Spain in early legs :2hearts:
Pikachu as greeter  :2hearts:

I'm from Spain, and I want early legs in my country. All the legs here haven been almost last.
Also, visit Canary Islands, Ibiza, Madrid, Basque Country or north-west of Spain!

I would also love a task in Port Aventura, Tarragona, near where I life, and the best themed park of Europe.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Decided to make another cast type list:

M/F
*Couple married by arrangement (early 30s)
*Exes (early 20s) who are nothing like Tim & Marie, but are pestering each other and somehow make their relationship worse and for the entire planet to see...
*Fear Factor team from back-then who are looking forward to traveling and keeping up with their competitive spirits
*Hippie grandmother & normal grandson (70s & late 20s)

M/M
*Divorcés (late 20s), met at a bar trying to hook up with women and became good friends from that
*Dating barre instructors (late 20s), partners in business and home, they are local fitness stars who train and teach one of the toughest muscle awakening exercises for men
*Friends (early 20s), fans of the show who have never traveled out of their home state; are teachers in some way, and aren't too concerned about body image, fun-loving buddies

F/F
*Best friends (late 20s); crazy fans of the show who have never flown out of the country before, one pushes boundaries from appearance such as wearing hair highlights to her edgy personality while the other is a new married mom who is raising a toddler, trying to settle and sometimes overcompensates to her own advantage
*HOA "homeowner association" member ladies (40s), very attentive and detail-oriented, they still know how to bring enthusiasm and positive vibes like second nature dealing with assorted negative complaints, family dynamics, improvements to the neighborhood, and their own steady jobs outside of the association
*Horse stable hands (20s-early 30s) from the American heartland; lovable women who foster and train thoroughbreds for steeplechase and horseback rides
*Jamaican-American reggae duo (early 20s) who work side jobs, extensively travel and play at dive bars and theater venues across the country!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Inspired by Rachel, I thought even I'd put in a cast type list!

FF:
--> Meter Maids. Most of the meter maids in my community are very uncouth and sassy, so I'd like to see how meter maids stand up in a race around the world.
--> Waitresses ! To this date the service staff labor wages in the USA baffles me. Do servers and waitresses get paid ONLY in tips? When I was in Ann Arbor a waitress told me she got paid $3 an hour. Like what the heck?? how do they even survive? I genuinely feel that if waitresses win they would make a smart use of the money.
--> A lesbian couple. In 5 seasons of TAR, Canada has had the same number of lesbian couples as 30 seasons of TAR US. Need I say more?

MM:
--> Baby Sitters. I mean I'm even fine with MF or FF Baby Sitters, but I want to see strong, impassioned and determined baby sitters who'll break the stigma behind men not being baby sitters (*ahem* ROSS) and simultaneously perform good in tasks where everybody else struggle.
--> Alpha male brothers who always seem to butt heads and cause unnecessary drama. I want these two to be the mandatory season villains so that I can rejoice when they get eliminated (or in the case of Gino and Jesse, cry when they win.)
--> Strippers  :2hearts: :2hearts: I mean I don't demand strippers, but like Jaymes and James were so fun, so I would really like to see one team who revives my memories of them. (A hunky and virile stripper, and then a klutzy but adorable stripper, perhaps  :lol:)
--> A team of gay businessmen/business partners who always seem to be making tongue-in-cheek comments, puns, throwing shade, etc. I mean, I wouldn't mind these two getting out early, but I would love to see a catty team race !

MF:
--> A team of a baby daddy with his fiancee. I want this to be the all out, ridiculous and crazy team who are always fighting and accusing each other of "you impregnated me and stood me up you idiot!" or "it's not my fault that you stopped taking the pill!". Kinda sorta like Vanessa and Rachel.
--> Any recruited team from some low-budget reality TV show. It seems that CBS is doing everything it wants to to reel in viewers, so bring in a team that is reality TV Gold and willing to cause controversy. Kinda sorta like Brenchel.
Show content

and then the recruit and the baby daddy and his fiancee fight, just like Brenchel and Vanessa & Ralph !

--> A team of reunited siblings, preferably biracial twins (it's a shot in the dark, but biracial twins do exist!  :funny:). They should also have like wacky jobs and somehow they perform good in most legs, even though most people underestimate them.
--> A mother son team, consisting of the most timid son in the world and the most vivacious mother in the world.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

I love this route!!!! If I was a racer I'd be glad to race here. UK, Spain, Germany, Japan, South Africa  :luvya:
and a Florida start. Hopefully, Miami!!

Although, I'd swap out India for Mauritius or Maldives. Replace Thailand & 1 Philippines Legs with 2 Australian legs (Sydney is a must and the other a toss on Melbourne, Gold Coast, Cairns). Swap 2nd Philippines Leg with any New Zealand destination because NZ is such an awesome country. We need a Winter leg there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:02:38 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR has been to Sydney THREE TIMES!

TAR has been to Cairns (when they shouldn't)

TAR NEEDS to go Melbourne, Gold Coast, Tasmania and Adelaide, places that HAVEN'T visited before...

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook

TAR NEEDS to go Melbourne, Gold Coast, Tasmania and Adelaide, places that HAVEN'T visited before...

For as sure I posted many times befpre, Melbourne would have a leg in TAR 31, while the other leg in Great Ocean Road (Apollo Bay, Port Campbell).

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster

For as sure I posted many times befpre, Melbourne would have a leg in TAR 31, while the other leg in Great Ocean Road (Apollo Bay, Port Campbell).

No no. Victoria cannot have two legs. There is not much to do on the Great Ocean Road, apart from what TAR Australia 3 finale did. The second leg, would be MUCH better spent in Tasmania.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

No no. Victoria cannot have two legs. There is not much to do on the Great Ocean Road, apart from what TAR Australia 3 finale did. The second leg, would be MUCH better spent in Tasmania.

Yes, why not have the first Australian leg be in Melbourne, then on the second Australian leg, let teams take a ferry from Melbourne to the island state of Tasmania, they would later go do stuff in Launceston, and then fly Hobart and have the pit stop there, and a couple of tasks.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

You seriously need to relax with your caps and realise that the world doesn't just comprise Australia.
I wish TAR would visit my country, but there are honestly better new places to visit, so I don't get all pissed off.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

Sorry, I'm going to fact check some of these. Sydney has only been visited two times. Adelaide has been visited in TAR 2. Also what is wrong with Cairns.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Ten largest cities in Australia visited in original (American) TAR only

• Sydney - TAR 2, TAR 18
  • Melbourne - None
  • Brisbane - TAR 4
  • Perth - TAR 9
  • Adelaide - TAR 2 (briefly)
  • Gold Coast - None
  • Newcastle - None
  • Canberra - None
  • Sunshine Coast - TAR 4
  • Wollongong - None
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:25:55 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

? ? ? ? ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:48:11 AM by violetb1911 »

Gra1162

Yes, why not have the first Australian leg be in Melbourne, then on the second Australian leg, let teams take a ferry from Melbourne to the island state of Tasmania, they would later go do stuff in Launceston, and then fly Hobart and have the pit stop there, and a couple of tasks.
That takes too long I tried that myself why not a a plane it’s only like what now 1 hour and it’s quite cheap