Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538755 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 8 Countries )
Pre-Leg: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Leg 1: USA to London, England to Manchester, England ( NEL)
Leg 2: England to Aberdeen, Scotland to Kirkwall, Orkney Islands ( EL ) 11th
Leg 3: U.K. to Bergen, Norway ( EL ) 10th
Leg 4: Bergen to Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway ( EL ) 9th
Leg 5: Norway to Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy ( EL ) 8th  Double U - Turn
Leg 6: Italy to Ajaccio, Corsica, France ( EL ) 7th
Leg 7: France to Cairo, Egypt ( NEL )
Leg 8: Cairo to Luxor, Egypt ( EL ) 6th Single Blind U - Turn
Leg 9: Egypt to Almaty, Kazakhstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kazakhstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 11: Tokyo to Kawasaki and Chiba, Japan ( EL ) 4th
Leg 12: Japan to Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ( Final 3 )

Thoughts?

This is a great route, but switch Almaty, Kazakhstan to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Then change the Hawaii final leg to Seattle and you have my approval.

Like this?

Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
AND, 
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia to Seattle, Washington

Then I should confirm 4 Continents, 9 Countries right now. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Love it! Here's how it is now:

New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 9 Countries )
Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kyrgyzstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Seattle, Washington, USA ( Final 3 )

Poor Canada, it can never have a pit stop. I feel like if you cut Vancouver entirely, or make the city have its own leg then its fine. The decision is yours. Also yes that is what I meant by.

I wanted a full Canada leg for the American Version of The Amazing Race but since it is aired in U.S. then almost all starting lines and finish lines were all U.S. States. If there is indeed a full leg slot for Canada, then I'd like to have them perform tasks in Vancouver, Halifax, Calgary or Montreal (any suggestions?) with a pitstop.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 8 Countries )
Leg 9: Egypt to Almaty, Kazakhstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kazakhstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 12: Japan to Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ( Final 3 )

Thoughts?

This is a great route, but switch Almaty, Kazakhstan to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Then change the Hawaii final leg to Seattle and you have my approval.

Like this?

Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
AND, 
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia to Seattle, Washington

Then I should confirm 4 Continents, 9 Countries right now. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Love it! Here's how it is now:

New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 9 Countries )
Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kyrgyzstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Seattle, Washington, USA ( Final 3 )

Poor Canada, it can never have a pit stop. I feel like if you cut Vancouver entirely, or make the city have its own leg then its fine. The decision is yours. Also yes that is what I meant by.

I wanted a full Canada leg for the American Version of The Amazing Race but since it is aired in U.S. then almost all starting lines and finish lines were all U.S. States. If there is indeed a full leg slot for Canada, then I'd like to have them perform tasks in Vancouver, Halifax, Calgary or Montreal (any suggestions?) with a pitstop.

I think a Vancouver penultimate would pair up great with a Seattle finale leg.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
I could see Israel being visited by TARUS in the future. Australia 1 had two legs there, and I noticed a few tasks in TAR30 and HaMerotz 6 that similar enough to make me suspect production crews shared ideas (keep in mind HL6 was filmed first), not to mention Krista from 27 was the pitstop greeter on the New York leg. It could happen soon.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Teams should fly to Melbourne, take a taxi to Flinders Street Station, either take a train to Richmond or Jolimont station and then find their next clue in Bay 13!  :lol: :funny:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_13   

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
The next time the race visits Ukraine, they have gotta visit Chernobyl.
I just visited Ukraine the previous week and a lot of my co-workers were talking about Chernobyl. Due to personal commitments I couldn't visit but I looked up the brochures online. Seriously, I think it'd be so cool to visit it.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I just visited Ukraine the previous week and a lot of my co-workers were talking about Chernobyl. Due to personal commitments I couldn't visit but I looked up the brochures online. Seriously, I think it'd be so cool to visit it.
As much as I would like to see this and it being a historical lesson worth being shown and told, there is still radiation counts from the nuclear disaster. People who tour the exclusion zone are told not to touch, sit, or even accidentally fall on anything there. Considering a lot of teams on a race aren't particularly careful, I don't know how they will be able to get clues or do any tasks there without heavily risking radioactive decay. ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Gra1162

As much as I would like to see this and it being a historical lesson worth being shown and told, there is still radiation counts from the nuclear disaster. People who tour the exclusion zone are told not to touch, sit, or even accidentally fall on anything there. Considering a lot of teams on a race aren't particularly careful, I don't know how they will be able to get clues or do any tasks there without heavily risking radioactive decay. ???
True but Ukraine has to have a second visit

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
True but Ukraine has to have a second visit

Remember, the last time TAR went to Ukraine, Phil was detained...

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
That was more than 10 years ago, it would surely have changed much now.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I'd have to say we wait on Ukraine getting a second visit. First of all, Phil was detained on the only visit there. Secondly, they are in a war with Russia. If we want a former Soviet Union country to be visited, we can have Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan. All of the "-stan" countries I've mentioned have grown safe over the years.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
JUST VISIT LATVIA, NO -STANS

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

You betcha! Latvia is way overdue for a long time since the incarnation of HD era. Latvia for TAR 31 locations.

Gra1162

You betcha! Latvia is way overdue for a long time since the incarnation of HD era. Latvia for TAR 31 locations.
Yes Latvia but first BULGARIA

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yes Bulgaria but first LATVIA

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yes with Latvia. We need a new location on TAR. Hopefully they can add Bulgaria, Montenegro for new countries and a revisit to Hungary as well since TAR has a trend of visiting underused European countries in the last few seasons with Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece, Iceland,

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Europe I want Latvia, Bulgaria, Ireland and Lithuania (hi Marionete)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Might be a very small chance, but I would love to see a finish line occur in the Upper Midwest (Minneapolis/St Paul, Milwaukee or anywhere in the Cheese State, and the Dakotas). A very underappreciated region!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Might be a very small chance, but I would love to see a finish line occur in the Upper Midwest (Minneapolis/St Paul, Milwaukee or anywhere in the Cheese State, and the Dakotas). A very underappreciated region!

Minneapolis NEEDS to happen ASAP! Why hasn't it even happened yet?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Sweden needs to visit for TAR 31 and it is way long overdue. Last proper visit was TAR 17. Maybe Stockholm would have a revisit.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Minneapolis NEEDS to happen ASAP! Why hasn't it even happened yet?
Might be logistics, but I am waiting for a Minneapolis leg to happen soon!

Lots of traditional Americana possibilities: Mickey's Diner, the Stone Arch Bridge & St. Anthony Falls Lock and Dam (on the Mississippi River!), the historic flour mill park and museum, Spoonbridge & Cherry, Dinkytown, and big-retail industry headquarters like Target and General Mills. Scandinavian community deeply rooted in this city like curling and cuisine to furnishings and handicrafts. The Minnesota State Fair can be a great influence for a task in the Twin Cities (*ahem*butter sculptures*ahem*). A possible sound recognizing task utilizing Orfield Labs' anechoic chamber and the Sidewalk Harp, and a Bob Dylan reference can be thrown in just for pop culture sake. And the Soap Factory can be a nice "clean slate" to host an epic memory task.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

Yes, I would love a finish in the twin-cities of Minneapolis/St Paul! Out of all the regions in the US, I think the Upper Midwest is underrated as well. Like I said before I would the final clue to be "Hurry up and finish the race with a cherry on top." Leading teams to figure out it's the Spoonbridge and Cherry at the Walker Art Center. I'm tired of seeing California all the time, have more variety in cities in the US. Denver, Phoenix and Seattle are due for a finale now. I was expecting Seattle to be the finish in TAR 30, as it would have been a backwards TAR 10. I also think the south needs more representation on TAR. I would love a double-length Tennessee leg with the first half being in Nashville and the second half being in Memphis. I would also like if they finished in South Dakota. Have teams visit the geographic center of the US, and visit Crazy Horse, and have Mount Rushmore be the finish line.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
To add to my post above, I'm surprised Texas hasn't been used much as it is the second biggest state by area. Let's go to Houston and San Antonio. Also, I want the "Little Big cities" to be visited like Boise, Billings, Fargo, Spokane, Santa Fe, and Little Rock. Out of all the states that I want to be the 25th state visited, it will be Minnesota.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
To add to my post above, I'm surprised Texas hasn't been used much as it is the second biggest state by area. Let's go to Houston and San Antonio. Also, I want the "Little Big cities" to be visited like Boise, Billings, Fargo, Spokane, Santa Fe, and Little Rock. Out of all the states that I want to be the 25th state visited, it will be Minnesota.
I think the reason why Houston is left out is because public transportation is kind of supremely crappy there. I've traveled there and stayed for a few weeks. Looking and calling for a taxi from many intercity places was like a task in itself and I ended up renting a car after a week. I did not know taxis weren't as common around Houston as they are in other major cities. Even the international airport.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I think the reason why Houston is left out is because public transportation is kind of supremely crappy there. I've traveled there and stayed for a few weeks. Looking and calling for a taxi from many intercity places was like a task in itself and I ended up renting a car after a week. I did not know taxis weren't as common around Houston as they are in other major cities. Even the international airport.

You're probably right, and a visit to the San Antonio River walk and The Alamo would be much more better places to visit.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I wanted another leg in the Philippines with the task : Make at least 5 traditional Halo-Halo.