Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1547106 times)

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
Countries that are yet to be visit by teams:

Central & South America: Nicaragua, Guyana, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Caribbean Islands, French Guiana, The Bahamas

Africa: Ivory Coast, Gabon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Liberia, Angola, Lesotho, Rwanda

Asia: Brunei, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Israel, Jordan, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus

Europe: Belarus, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Bulgaria

Oceania: American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Palau, Marshall Islands

Nicaragua = 2
Guyana = 2
Belize = 2
Guatemala = 3
El Salvador = 3
Caribbean Islands :
Cuba = 3
Dominican Republic = 2
Haiti = 3 
Honduras = 3
Jamaica = 2
Trinidad and Tobago = 2
Turks and Caicos = 2 
The Bahamas = 2
Ivory Coast = 2
Maldives = 2
Nepal = 2
Israel = 2
Jordan = 2
Saudi Arabia = 2

I highly doubt these ^ would be visited. Everything else are a 1, so they're good to go!
Jamaica was visited in season 7. You missed out on some pretty great moments if you haven't watched them. :) Uchenna & Joyce's cash comeback, the limbo task, and "Martha Stewart, look out".

Laos was visited in TAR Vietnam 4 and Kyrgyzstan was visited in this season of HaMerotz LaMillion :-)
Costa Rica was visited in TAR 8:Family Edition and TAR Latin-America.
Dominican Republic and Guatemala has been visited in TAR Latin-America.
Cuba has been visited in TAR Australia 2, TAR Canada 4 and HaMerotz LaMillion 3

They also haven't visited San Marino, Andorra, Albania, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Moldova in Europe.
I would love to see Moldova however its the poorest country in europe and stuff to do arent that much so could make a 1st leg good however the task might be catching rats or so

Yes, Moldova is the poorest country in Europe, but saying that catching rats is the most likely task to do in Moldova because it's a poor country, is really disrespectful. You can have some tasks around the wineries in the country, cultural/religion or something else. Just use your imagination. I mean, if they can do a whole season of just traveling around Philippines, Vietnam or Ecuador, I am sure someone will manage to make one or two full legs in Moldova, without making teams catching rats.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wishlist I stormed up this weekend:

L1 : New York, USA --> Valencia, Spain --> Ibiza, Spain [U-TURN, KOR]
L2 : Ibiza, Spain --> Gdansk, Poland --> Malbork, Poland [ELIM]

Interesting combination you have there on Leg 1. The issues I have with this is: with a U-TURN so early in the season, most racers will not even consider using it; also having a U-TURN and KOR on Leg 1 means that the field could be spread out alot (unless you bunching them at the airport going to Poland).

Yes, I thought about it.
I made the following changes - L1 [U-TURN] , L6 [W-TURN] , L9 [U-TURN]

Split the teams - 3 flights from New York to Valencia, then have some tasks in Valencia and then sign up for ships to Ibiza. Remember sign ups on premiere legs [TAR 25, *cough* michael and scott *cough* lisa and michelle *cough*] ?? Hoping for a similar reaction.

And even if they don't use the u-turn then there are 2 u-turns more on the race. So not that big of a deal.

fwiw the seaplanes on TAR 25 were a short distance (~5 miles or so), whereas a ferry from Valencia to Ibiza is about 300 km and, assuming you're using the scheduled ones, only offered a couple times per day. If you're keen on the leg 1 KOR, have teams fly to Ibiza directly then take the ferry to Valencia for the start of the next leg.

also re: Andorra and kind of related to the above; I always pictured a set of legs similar in structure to TAR 18, where there was a leg in France or Spain, then a leg that had teams drive through Andorra for one task, then finish in Spain or France.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Sweden replaces Finland and Port Elizabeth, South Africa replaces both legs in Cape Town despite water supply in that city will be tapped out by April 21st. Post updated on page 159.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:33:00 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Leg 1: New York, NY to Helsinki, Finland
Leg 2: Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Leg 3: Douala, Cameroon
Leg 4: Pisa, Italy
Leg 5: Florence, Italy
Leg 6: Ljubljana and Lake Bled, Slovenia
Leg 7: Muscat, Oman
Leg 8: Cebu, Phillipines
Leg 9: Puerto Princesa, Phillipines
Leg 10: Taipei, Taiwan
Leg 11: Vancouver, Canada
Leg 12: Denver, Colorado

Thoughts?

Gra1162

Countries that are yet to be visit by teams:

Central & South America: Nicaragua, Guyana, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Caribbean Islands, French Guiana, The Bahamas

Africa: Ivory Coast, Gabon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Liberia, Angola, Lesotho, Rwanda

Asia: Brunei, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Israel, Jordan, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus

Europe: Belarus, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Bulgaria

Oceania: American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Palau, Marshall Islands

Nicaragua = 2
Guyana = 2
Belize = 2
Guatemala = 3
El Salvador = 3
Caribbean Islands :
Cuba = 3
Dominican Republic = 2
Haiti = 3 
Honduras = 3
Jamaica = 2
Trinidad and Tobago = 2
Turks and Caicos = 2 
The Bahamas = 2
Ivory Coast = 2
Maldives = 2
Nepal = 2
Israel = 2
Jordan = 2
Saudi Arabia = 2

I highly doubt these ^ would be visited. Everything else are a 1, so they're good to go!
Jamaica was visited in season 7. You missed out on some pretty great moments if you haven't watched them. :) Uchenna & Joyce's cash comeback, the limbo task, and "Martha Stewart, look out".

Laos was visited in TAR Vietnam 4 and Kyrgyzstan was visited in this season of HaMerotz LaMillion :-)
Costa Rica was visited in TAR 8:Family Edition and TAR Latin-America.
Dominican Republic and Guatemala has been visited in TAR Latin-America.
Cuba has been visited in TAR Australia 2, TAR Canada 4 and HaMerotz LaMillion 3

They also haven't visited San Marino, Andorra, Albania, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Moldova in Europe.
I would love to see Moldova however its the poorest country in europe and stuff to do arent that much so could make a 1st leg good however the task might be catching rats or so

Yes, Moldova is the poorest country in Europe, but saying that catching rats is the most likely task to do in Moldova because it's a poor country, is really disrespectful. You can have some tasks around the wineries in the country, cultural/religion or something else. Just use your imagination. I mean, if they can do a whole season of just traveling around Philippines, Vietnam or Ecuador, I am sure someone will manage to make one or two full legs in Moldova, without making teams catching rats.
Well I was thinking of maybe doing the same thing they did in Asia 5 were they have to buy stuff for the families I was thinking of catching rat cause I was doing a extreme weather project on Moldova and came across a photo with people catching rats

Gra1162

Thoughts?
Yes it's good but not a NYC start  Yes Taiwan but not Taipei we seen enough of that maybe the place I mentioned with the sheep farm or Tainan or taizhong would be good Finland is ok for me however I would prefer you do Lapland instead 1 leg in Italy is fine the other leg could be used in Albania

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

Thoughts?
Yes it's good but not a NYC start  Yes Taiwan but not Taipei we seen enough of that maybe the place I mentioned with the sheep farm or Tainan or taizhong would be good Finland is ok for me however I would prefer you do Lapland instead 1 leg in Italy is fine the other leg could be used in Albania

How about mine? the new post that has Puerto Rico, Venezuela, French Guiana, Gabon, Liberia, Bosnia, India, New Zealand and Fiji?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Thoughts?

Mm. Arrange It from west to east.
L1 - NYC, USA --> Canary Islands, Spain
L2 - Canary Islands, Spain --> Cameroon
L3 - Cameroon --> (Pisa,) Italy
L4 - (Florence,) Italy
L5 - (Florence,) Italy --> Lake Bled, Slovenia --> Ljubljana, Slovenia
L6 - Ljubljana, Slovenia --> Finland
L7 - Finland --> Oman
L8 - Oman --> Taiwan
L9 - Taiwan --> (Puerto Princesa,) Philippines
L10 - (Cebu,) Philippines
L11 - (Cebu,) Philippines --> Canada
L12 - Canada --> Denver, USA

Thoughts:
Really like it. You have one leg on Puerto Princesa and one leg on Canary Islands, so it might be similar but they are culturally VERY DIVERSE.
I doubt they'd go to Vancouver, BC because Canada has its own show of TAR where they mostly cover Canada... but if they do want TARUS
can take inspiration from some Canada legs. It is possible but highly unlikely.
We last visited Oman in s17, and a country in the gulf in s30. I'd say this is an opportunity to visit Qatar (level 1 safety?) but I'm sure you must have something else planned in mind.
We visited Italy in s29. If we had to visit a country in Western Europe they'd go to Germany (last visited in s26). But please, visit Luxembourg and you'll only have Vatican City and Andorra left on Western Europe!!!

Gra1162

Thoughts?

How about mine? the new post that has Puerto Rico, Venezuela, French Guiana, Gabon, Liberia, Bosnia, India, New Zealand and Fiji?
Yes yes it really good map for tar however i think you should rate do austallia than new zealand gabon is perfect fiji is nice year yourslef is nice

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

Thoughts?

Mm. Arrange It from west to east.
L1 - NYC, USA --> Canary Islands, Spain
L2 - Canary Islands, Spain --> Cameroon
L3 - Cameroon --> (Pisa,) Italy
L4 - (Florence,) Italy
L5 - (Florence,) Italy --> Lake Bled, Slovenia --> Ljubljana, Slovenia
L6 - Ljubljana, Slovenia --> Finland
L7 - Finland --> Oman
L8 - Oman --> Taiwan
L9 - Taiwan --> (Puerto Princesa,) Philippines
L10 - (Cebu,) Philippines
L11 - (Cebu,) Philippines --> Canada
L12 - Canada --> Denver, USA

Thoughts:
Really like it. You have one leg on Puerto Princesa and one leg on Canary Islands, so it might be similar but they are culturally VERY DIVERSE.
I doubt they'd go to Vancouver, BC because Canada has its own show of TAR where they mostly cover Canada... but if they do want TARUS
can take inspiration from some Canada legs. It is possible but highly unlikely.
We last visited Oman in s17, and a country in the gulf in s30. I'd say this is an opportunity to visit Qatar (level 1 safety?) but I'm sure you must have something else planned in mind.
We visited Italy in s29. If we had to visit a country in Western Europe they'd go to Germany (last visited in s26). But please, visit Luxembourg and you'll only have Vatican City and Andorra left on Western Europe!!!

I had it start in Helsinki because usually the race likes to fly to direct to the first destination unless it's in South America. I like the idea of backtracking a bit, it kind of gives me TAR 6 and TAR 17 vibes, and TAR 6 had one of the best maps in my opinion. Agree about
Italy, but I think a visit to Pisa is overdue and we need a real leg in Florence because 12 didn't really visit Florence, but maybe it can go to Rimini instead and visit San Marino! I'd also love a visit to the Cinque Terre region. I wanted Oman because I really would love a switchback to the sand over task in TAR 9, because I think that would result in a GREAT switchback; with the exception of the hay bale switchback, most switchbacks have been lackluster. I don't see them visiting Qatar because they said in this interview that they wouldn't because of the government being disorganized. And I actually agree about Canada, most people on here really want a leg there but I'm okay with not having one. Trade that out for a leg in Korea or Fiji and I'd be happy (although that would kill the ending in Denver).

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Leg 1: Los Angeles, CA to Kyoto, Japan
Leg 2: Koh Phangan, Thailand
Leg 3: Pattaya, Thailand
Leg 4: Chittagong, Bangladesh
Leg 5: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Leg 6: Kotor, Montenegro
Leg 7: Budapest, Hungary
Leg 8: Lisbon, Portugal
Leg 9: São Tomé, São Tomé and Principe
Leg 10: Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway (teams provided flights)
Leg 11: Oslo, Norway
Leg 12: Orlando, Florida

Gra1162

This wishlist is ok I don't think they will go to thailand for some time norway is nice and if you want to go to portugal pls don't do lisbon they always go there choose some countryside places in portugal

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
This wishlist is ok I don't think they will go to thailand for some time norway is nice and if you want to go to portugal pls don't do lisbon they always go there choose some countryside places in portugal

I recommend teams going to new places like Porto, Azores Island, or Algarve should be a good start.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I would love to see Porto, but I was just thinking Lisbon more along the lines of getting direct flights from Budapest and to Sao Tome

UttBulgingbookworm

Hello 👋🏻 new here I have been looking in this for a long time finally decided to do so I am a fan of TAR from Hong Kong 🇭🇰 and my friend is gra1162 so this is my wishlist
Santa monica pier, Los angles🇺🇸(starting line)
Minsk,Belarus 🇧🇾(leg 1 elim leg)
Brest, Belarus 🇧🇾 (Leg 2 elim leg)
Sofia,Bulgaria 🇧🇬 (Leg3 double elim)
Brasov,Romania 🇹🇩 (Leg4 non)
Yandon,Myanmar 🇲🇲 (Leg 5 non)
Shanghai,China 🇨🇳 (Leg 6 elim)
Zhuhai,China 🇨🇳 (Leg 7 Order to continue racing)
Macau,China 🇲🇴 (Leg 8 elim)
New Britain,Papua New Guinea 🇵🇬 (Leg 9 non)
Viti Levu,Fiji🇫🇯(Leg 10 elim)
Mamanuca Islands,Fiji🇫🇯(Leg 11 elim)
Las Vegas Nevada 🇺🇸(Finals)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Welcome to RFF, UttBulgingbookworm!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome2: to RFF! Have fun!

Myanmar is big on my wishlist too!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Can someone make me Route  Using

BoliviaX2, ArgentinaX2, Brazil, RussiaX2, Norway, SwedenX2, IndoasiaX2

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

New York —> Oslo and Lillehammer, Norway
Gothenburg, Sweden
Stockholm, Sweden
St. Petersburg, Russia
Vladivostok, Russia
Bali, Indonesia
Lombok, Indonesia
Sucre, Bolivia
La Paz, Bolivia
Ushuaia, Argentina
Córdoba, Argentina
São Paulo, Brazil
Detroit, Michigan

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

L1: Miami, USA --> La Paz, Bolivia
L2: Uyuni and Lake Titicaca, Bolivia
L3: La Paz, Bolivia --> Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
L4: Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil --> Buenos Aires, Argentina
L5: Aconcagua, Argentina
L6: Ushuaia, Argentina --> Magallanes y Antártica Chilena, Chile --> Queen Maud Land, Norway
L7: Queen Maud Land, Norway --> Stockholm, Sweden
L8: Uppsala, Sweden
L9: Uppsala, Sweden --> Kaliningrad, Russia
L10: St. Petersburg, Russia
L11: St. Petersburg, Russia --> Jakarta, Indonesia
L12: West Sumatra, Indonesia
L13: West Sumatra, Indonesia --> Seattle, USA

Don't judge me for using Antarctica, been a long running wish of mine to see Aurora Australis *pretty colours*

Gra1162

L1: Miami, USA --> La Paz, Bolivia
L2: Uyuni and Lake Titicaca, Bolivia
L3: La Paz, Bolivia --> Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
L4: Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil --> Buenos Aires, Argentina
L5: Aconcagua, Argentina
L6: Ushuaia, Argentina --> Magallanes y Antártica Chilena, Chile --> Queen Maud Land, Norway
L7: Queen Maud Land, Norway --> Stockholm, Sweden
L8: Uppsala, Sweden
L9: Uppsala, Sweden --> Kaliningrad, Russia
L10: St. Petersburg, Russia
L11: St. Petersburg, Russia --> Jakarta, Indonesia
L12: West Sumatra, Indonesia
L13: West Sumatra, Indonesia --> Seattle, USA

Don't judge me for using Antarctica, been a long running wish of mine to see Aurora Australis *pretty colours*

I would much rather Arctic than Antarctica like i know they both don't have stuff to do but like i would much rather the teams look at polar bears than penguins plus Arctic can pair up with legs in Greenland northern Europe or Canada Antarctica can mostly do Argentina  or australlia don't get me wrong I would love australlia but I would rather do northen europe   

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 8 Countries )
Pre-Leg: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Leg 1: USA to London, England to Manchester, England ( NEL)
Leg 2: England to Aberdeen, Scotland to Kirkwall, Orkney Islands ( EL ) 11th
Leg 3: U.K. to Bergen, Norway ( EL ) 10th
Leg 4: Bergen to Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway ( EL ) 9th
Leg 5: Norway to Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy ( EL ) 8th  Double U - Turn
Leg 6: Italy to Ajaccio, Corsica, France ( EL ) 7th
Leg 7: France to Cairo, Egypt ( NEL )
Leg 8: Cairo to Luxor, Egypt ( EL ) 6th Single Blind U - Turn
Leg 9: Egypt to Almaty, Kazakhstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kazakhstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 11: Tokyo to Kawasaki and Chiba, Japan ( EL ) 4th
Leg 12: Japan to Honolulu, Hawaii, USA ( Final 3 )

Thoughts?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
New Destinations:

Thoughts?

This is a great route, but switch Almaty, Kazakhstan to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Then change the Hawaii final leg to Seattle and you have my approval.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
New Destinations:

Thoughts?

This is a great route, but switch Almaty, Kazakhstan to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Then change the Hawaii final leg to Seattle and you have my approval.

Like this?

Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
AND, 
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia to Seattle, Washington

Then I should confirm 4 Continents, 9 Countries right now. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Love it! Here's how it is now:

New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 9 Countries )
Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kyrgyzstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Seattle, Washington, USA ( Final 3 )

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
New Destinations:

Thoughts?

Like this?

Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
AND, 
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia to Seattle, Washington

Then I should confirm 4 Continents, 9 Countries right now. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Love it! Here's how it is now:

New Destinations:
( 4 Continents, 9 Countries )
Leg 9: Egypt to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan ( EL ) 5th
Leg 10: Kyrgyzstan to Tokyo, Japan ( NEL )
Leg 12: Japan to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Seattle, Washington, USA ( Final 3 )

Poor Canada, it can never have a pit stop. I feel like if you cut Vancouver entirely, or make the city have its own leg then its fine. The decision is yours. Also yes that is what I meant by.