Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538587 times)

Gra1162

I'm procrastinating on this paper that I need to write for my Korean history class, so here's a route I came up with!

Starting Line: Rancho Los Alamitos, Long Beach, California
Leg 1: Raratonga, Cook Islands
Leg 2: Christchurch, New Zealand (I'd love to see a leg in Christchurch, especially around Mount Cavendish. I went there in December and it was beautiful)
Leg 3: Lhasa, Tibet, China
Leg 4: Tibet, China (have Leg 4 be exclusively Lhasa and then Leg 5 explore the Himalayas, maybe a sherpa task)
Leg 5: Goa, India (night leg)
Leg 6: Astana, Kazakhstan
Leg 7: Frankfurt, Germany
Leg 8: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Leg 9: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Leg 10: Douala, Cameroon
Leg 11: Barcelona, Spain
Leg 12: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (fly to Newark)
NO NO NO Tibet is in xibei in china witch is  north west in english and you have lots of tribes and if you say something wrong like for example pig zhu they have the right to kill you so I think the china legs could be Harbin? or Xian if you want xibei area cause there arn't as many tribes and its much better plus the communication is better Harbin is a much better choice

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I'm procrastinating on this paper that I need to write for my Korean history class, so here's a route I came up with!

Leg 2: Christchurch, New Zealand (I'd love to see a leg in Christchurch, especially around Mount Cavendish. I went there in December and it was beautiful)
Leg 4: Tibet, China (have Leg 4 be exclusively Lhasa and then Leg 5 explore the Himalayas, maybe a sherpa task)
NO NO NO Tibet is in xibei in china witch is  north west in english and you have lots of tribes and if you say something wrong like for example pig zhu they have the right to kill you so I think the china legs could be Harbin? or Xian if you want xibei area cause there arn't as many tribes and its much better plus the communication is better Harbin is a much better choice

I didn't know there was a China Witch :funny:

Also I would love to have China leg other than Shanghai or Hong Kong.

Gra1162

I didn't know there was a China Witch :funny:

Also I would love to have China leg other than Shanghai or Hong Kong.
I think its a spelling mistake  :lol:

Gra1162

Oh Btw NO LOS ANGLES PLSSSSSSSS AND USALLY FINALS ARE DIRECT FLIGHTS

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BCN to EWR is direct though? (plus last season's final flight was one stop)

also, bc why not - TAR 31 for filming in summer 2018:

tl;dr

Show content
START - National Building Museum, Washington, DC
LEG 1 - Beijing, China
LEG 2 - Luoyang, China
LEG 3 - Punakha, Bhutan
LEG 4 - Mahebourg, Mauritius
LEG 5 - Volcanoes NP, Rwanda
LEG 6 - Kigali, Rwanda
LEG 7 - Petra NP, Jordan
LEG 8 - Istanbul, Turkey
LEG 9 - Glaciers NP, Argentina
LEG 10 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
LEG 11 - Boston, MA

START - WASHINGTON, DC (wish fulfillment  :d025:)
LEG 1 - BEIJING, CHINA (okay hear me out: YES we've been to China 300 times but the last visit to Beijing was in TAR 14 :O definitely has to be a Switchback to the eating RB that screwed up Jenkisha  :2hearts:)
LEG 2 - LUOYANG, CHINA (to quote wiki "Situated on the central plain of China, Luoyang is one of the cradles of Chinese civilization, and is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China." this would be less of a 'rural' leg like people tend to throw in and more of a 'traditional' vs modern leg)
LEG 3 - PUNAKHA, BHUTAN (I mean I put it out there so...)
LEG 4 - MAHEBOURG, MAURITIUS (remember that period in TAR from like TAR 10 to 16 where they visited east Africa semi regularly and it was cool even if the legs were mostly garbage? that was nice plus after getting *into* Bhutan I figured it would be best to have a somewhat 'easy' place to reach)
LEG 5 - VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK, RWANDA (drone shots of gorillas  :luvya:)
LEG 6 - KIGALI, RWANDA (urban African legs  :luvya:)
LEG 7 - PETRA NATIONAL PARK, JORDAN (camels  :2hearts: new Wonders of the World which have never been visited somehow?  :2hearts:)
LEG 8 - ISTANBUL, TURKEY (the vast majority of sources saying that Turkey isn't safe explicitly mention the southeastern border with Syria being the most problematic and that there may be demonstrations in Istanbul - some of those sites ALSO say that the potential for terrorism exists in many countries in western Europe so I'm rolling the dice :) beyond that I need a transit hub to get to-)
LEG 9 - EL CALAFATE, ARGENTINA (and more specifically "Glaciers National Park" <3)
LEG 10 - RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (before people start coming for me YES I remember TAR 27 but this would be a) with only four teams and b) at night so there's cooking and music and samba and other tasks worthy of a penultimate leg  :woohoo:)
LEG 11 - BOSTON, MA (so this is explicitly in 'summer 2018' since there will be a convenient flight from GRU to BOS that arrives in midmorning, giving teams plenty of time to do tasks regarding American history  :conf: realistically this probably should've happened in tar...10? or so but whatever here we are)

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
There are direct flights on both United and Norwegian from Barcelona to Newark! Also, I'd prefer a Los Angeles starting line over a finish line, bc I personally don't see TAR going off of 30 and breaking the 18 season streak of always going to LA.

As for Tibet, Tibet is fine, I have no clue what you're talking about. I know people who have traveled to Tibet. You're making the Tibetans sound like savages (which btw is not cool, dude), when they're actually ridiculously nice and friendly people. Tibet has such a beautiful culture and it would be awesome for TAR to do a visit there.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Love it, Zack! Here is my route analysis for TAR 31 on a summer 2018 filming:

See my post at page 155

Show content
START: Oxnard Beach Park, Oxnard, California
LEG 1: Melbourne, Australia
LEG 2: Port Campbell, Great Ocean Road, Australia
LEG 3: Osaka and Nara, Japan
LEG 4: Vientiane, Laos
LEG 5: Siem Reap, Cambodia
LEG 6: Johannesburg, South Africa
LEG 7: Pretoria, South Africa
LEG 8: Stockholm, Sweden
LEG 9: Riga, Latvia
LEG 10: Barcelona, Spain
LEG 11: Bogota, Colombia
LEG 12: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Show content
Route Map

START: Oxnard (Its getting away for starting line around LA area than Ventura County)
Starting line task: Teams must find a sailboat at Channel Islands Harbor for 11 marked buoys into a distinct color code in each boat. Once they found a right color on the boat, they would get a clue. Teams are provided with marked vehicles to Los Angeles International Airport to one of two Qantas flights to Melbourne (leaving 50 minutes apart).
LEG 1: Melbourne (flight) (I do generally Australia is way long overdue and we will visit Old Melbourne Gaol and Eureka Tower Pit Stop)
LEG 2: Great Ocean Road (drive) (It is time for a scenic view in South Central Victoria to see The Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge; teams would have to drive from Melbourne CBD to Cape Otway Lighthouse at Apollo Bay)
LEG 3: Osaka and Nara (flight) (The first half of the leg to focus in Nanba district and travel to Nara for the remainder of the leg to do ninja techniques)
LEG 4: Vientiane (flight) (It will be the first TAR in the country of Laos, Patuxai is one of notable landmarks in the city)
LEG 5: Siem Reap (flight) (Revisiting the old wonders in the city and Angkor Wat would have a pendant match into a correct Buddhist monk)
LEG 6: Johannesburg Metropolitan Area (flight, then drive) (Just like Zimbabwe 1 in the last season, it is going to be taken in rural outside Joburg like taking rappel down the caves at Sterkfontein Caves and looking gem stones in RB)
LEG 7: Pretoria (train) (Urban African legs; take a Gautrain from Johannesburg Park Station to Pretoria Station; Apartheid-era tasks)
LEG 8: Stockholm (flight) (Vikings task like searching rune stones and riding Viking boats)
LEG 9: Riga (ferry) (Another unvisited nation to complete the Baltic country list and visiting Soviet-era bunkers)
LEG 10: Barcelona (flight) (Within a majority of overused Western European countries such as France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Switzerland; its cultural and amidst places like Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia)
LEG 11: Bogota (flight) (Tasks between Fernando Botero and coffee bean tasks outside the city; the penultimate leg in South America could be worthy)
LEG 12: Minneapolis (flight) (This is the right spot for the summer and will get a flight from BOG to MSP via MIA or IAH departs on midnight and that arrives in the morning; teams would have to rappel down 4 stories inside Mall of America and some tasks in neighboring Saint Paul like the State Capitol and Memory Task in Minnetonka Orchards)

PIT STOPS
LEG 1: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne
LEG 2: Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell
LEG 3: Nara Deer Park, Nara
LEG 4: Pha That Luang, Vientiane
LEG 5: Pre Rup Temple, Siem Reap
LEG 6: Nelson Mandela Square, Johannesburg
LEG 7: Fort Klapperkop, Pretoria
LEG 8: Waldemarsudde, Stockholm
LEG 9: Latvian Ethnographic Open Air Museum, Riga
LEG 10: Montjuïc Castle, Barcelona
LEG 11: Bogota Botanical Garden, Bogota
LEG 12: Longfellow House, Minneapolis (finish line)

MAJOR CHANGES
Johannesburg and Pretoria legs have replaced both Cape Town legs due to the ongoing water crisis in that city.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:37:58 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

I know people who live in Tibet. No offense but NONE of this happens there?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

As for Tibet, Tibet is fine, I have no clue what you're talking about. I know people who have traveled to Tibet. You're making the Tibetans sound like savages (which btw is not cool, dude), when they're actually ridiculously nice and friendly people. Tibet has such a beautiful culture and it would be awesome for TAR to do a visit there.

YES. The people are peaceful and they don't particularly like to involve themselves in warfare. I mean the place also holds religious significance (Potala Palace) so I don't really see them reserving the right to kill.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I feel like Minneapolis would be the perfect end city for a race with a motif of books given all the used book stores that are in the city.

Finish line would obviously be here  :)x

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I feel like Minneapolis would be the perfect end city for a race with a motif of books given all the used book stores that are in the city.

Finish line would obviously be here  :)x

I feel like the Spoonbridge and Cherry would make a better Finish Line, but I see why you chose that.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
If you were given a choice between Laos and Nepal which would you choose and why.
This is going to be interesting (or so I hope.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
NEPAL. Because I love it so...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Nepal. I think it's so unique in it's own way. It's not exactly South Central Asian but it's not exactly Southeast Asian either. It's its own thing and it's such a beautiful country. I think Laos is similar to Cambodia and Thailand, and while Laos is beautiful and all, a Nepal leg would be more unique and special I feel.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Agree on having Nepal first before Laos. We did just have Ninh Binh and Chiang Mai the least two seasons anyway

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I think we need Laos before Nepal... but imagine having them both on ONE season!  :2hearts:

And Claude, I don't agree with Legs 2,6 and 7.

It would suck if they have two legs in the same state... They did it with Season 18...

Cape Town is in water crisis. They need rain fast. I just don't see that city being visited for at least a few years...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Cape Town is in water crisis. They need rain fast. I just don't see that city being visited for at least a few years...
How does a water crisis make the city unsafe to visit :groan:

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
If you were given a choice between Laos and Nepal which would you choose and why.

I would like to see Nepal, because we can have a Pit Stop overlooking Mount Everest.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:55:28 PM by NELs »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I do think Nepal is coming, but just not yet. I see CBS grouping Nepal with the likes of India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka in that it won't do more than one of those countries in a given season. Of the last ten seasons, only once has India been visited, and also Bangladesh and Sri Lanka once each. The last time time India was visited was season 27, so it's overdue for a visit again. Bangladesh is also overdue; Bangladesh appeared for its second time four seasons after the first time it appeared, and they have yet to go outside of Dhaka, so there's a chance next season could go there. Either way, I don't think Nepal will be happening just yet, sadly. I hope they prove me wrong though.

Laos I could see happening very soon. Of the past ten seasons, 27 was the only season to not visit Southeast Asia. It's unlikely they will do Vietnam or Thailand again so soon. I'd like to say the same about Indonesia, but then again, of the last ten seasons, 4 featured visits to Indonesia, so it's a big possibility next season will return. Malaysia hasn't been done since 24, so it's almost time for a visit there. Singapore they might do as a beginning leg, especially now that there is direct service between LAX and SIN. So that just leaves three Southeast Asian countries, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos. As much as I would LOVE to see a visit Myanmar, due to the Rohingya situation, I don't see that happening right now. Cambodia, honestly, having gone there, doesn't have much. All of y'all want Siem Reap, but the only things to do there really are Angkor Wat and Pub Street, and seeing as Angkor Wat's already been done, that leaves pub street and I doubt they'll make a leg out of that. Maybe they'll visit Sihanoukville, but I don't see that happening. So that leaves Laos, which is untouched and was almost visited anyways back in 19. You have Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Vang Vieng — so much to choose from.

We shall see. Maybe they'll skip Southeast Asia completely next season.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

4 seasons since Japan, 5 since Philippines...could be.

One thing I found interesting is the past couple of seasons have been Europe-heavy:

- TAR 30: 5/12 legs in Europe + 1 in Tangier like 20 miles away
- TAR 29: 4/12 legs in Europe (techincally 4.5)

so I'm leaning toward less Europe, whether it's to include Oceania / South America / Africa in some capacity or else loading up on Asia legs. I think the only country to exclude is Bahrain because lol. I *would* say no China but three of the past four seasons have had penultimate legs in the Pearl River Delta so clearly the well hasn't been run dry there. Perhaps that random partnership with the Taiwan tourism board will bear fruit somehow? (flight to TPE + train to Taichung would be a pretty good opening leg  :2hearts:)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

4 seasons since Japan, 5 since Philippines...could be.

One thing I found interesting is the past couple of seasons have been Europe-heavy:

- TAR 30: 5/12 legs in Europe + 1 in Tangier like 20 miles away
- TAR 29: 4/12 legs in Europe (techincally 4.5)

so I'm leaning toward less Europe, whether it's to include Oceania / South America / Africa in some capacity or else loading up on Asia legs. I think the only country to exclude is Bahrain because lol. I *would* say no China but three of the past four seasons have had penultimate legs in the Pearl River Delta so clearly the well hasn't been run dry there. Perhaps that random partnership with the Taiwan tourism board will bear fruit somehow? (flight to TPE + train to Taichung would be a pretty good opening leg  :2hearts:)

China and Taiwan are definitely speak the same language with the same culture.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I have a good feeling they're going back to Japan soon too. I thought it was gonna happen this season and was shocked when they went to Hong Kong twice in four seasons. Japan is coming.

The real question is where will they go?

The last time TAR went in a West direction was 4 seasons ago, and it was direct to Japan. I find it unlikely that if TAR does a Westward direction in 31 that they will go straight to Japan again. If they do Japan, it'll likely be after an Oceania leg, Singapore leg (if the premiere leg is a Singapore leg) or Taiwan. My hope is that TAR will move away from Osaka and Tokyo. Kyoto is one of my favorite cities in the world! They could do so many cultural tasks there. I would love a visit to Okinawa Island! If they want to go to a major airport. If they do an Eastward direction, they could have the penultimate in Nagoya and then fly to Detroit, which I'd love to see.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Hiroshima/Nagasaki Japanese leg plz <33333

Gra1162

I AM SO BORED (in sicence class) SO I MADE THIS LIST
Starting line Phoenix, Arizona
Leg 1 Ren’ai Township, Nantou County, Taiwan :luvu:(Sooooooo beautiful nice views however the only way to get there is driving from taipei for like 4 hours) (self drive) (ELIM) (there is also a sheep farm there so many sheeps you can ride them they can also herd sheep there too)
Leg 2 Hualien City,Taiwan (ELIM)
Leg 3  East Java,Indonesia (ELIM)
Leg 4 Vientiane, Laos (NON ELIM)
Leg 5 Kathmandu, Nepal (DO IT WHILE ITS HOLI FESTIVAL FLIMING SHOULD BE IN LATE FEBUARY TO MIDDLE OF MARCH) (TRIPLE U TURN)(ELIM)
Leg 6 Lomé, Togo  :conf: :conf: :conf: (Double yield) (ELIM)
Leg 7 Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso (ORDERD TO COUNTINUE RACING)
Leg 8 Leptis Magna,Libya (ELIM)
Leg 9 Ghadames,Libya(am i staying in Africa for too long ?)(NON ELIM)
Leg 10 Tatra mountains, Slovakia(ELIM) (Double U TURN) (ELIM)
Leg 11 Dublin,Ireland (ELIM)
Leg 12 anywere in New Jersey 

Gra1162

I would like to see Nepal, because we can have a Pit Stop overlooking Mount Everest.
I would like Nepal but not near Mount Everest I want it at holi fastival or maybe a holi festival in india or mauritius anyways TAR should have the holi legs back