Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538455 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Fidget spinners.

- re: Israel - Production would probably have to build the route around a visit to Israel (so maybe US - South America - Europe - Israel - SE Asia - US); it's doable but then the issue becomes what can people safely do (so a leg in Tel Aviv or by the Dead Sea) vs what would people want from a leg in Israel (Jerusalem). I would give it time.  :d025:

- re: Qatar - Aside from the issue of 'we just visited Bahrain in TAR 30', I believe you have the same issue right now of planning a route around it since you can't connect through DXB or AUH; while this is served far more easily by (direct flight to DOH) - Qatar - (direct flight from DOH) I would give it time.  :d025:

(honestly I would prefer Jordan x2 but that's me)

Enough of eastbound routes started from TAR 27 and let's move on for TAR 31 to take a westbound route. Middle East could be very skipped for now so the route may include Australia as the starting destination (so maybe US - Australia - (South)East Asia - Africa - Europe - South America - US). As we said in posts above, Israel might be dangerous where teams could go to Jerusalem and nearby Palestinian territories such as West Bank including ancient Biblical towns of Jericho and Hebron.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:03:45 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Due to the political status of the US and Israel, it will be unlikely, and why are people complaining about visiting the Middle East twice in a row when they visited India for three consecutive season being TAR 12-14. They've done the Middle East twice in a row before. TAR 9 in Oman (was a new country at the time) and then one season later in TAR 10 they visited Kuwait (only visited in season 10 and is the deepest in the Middle East they've gone.) I hope they can break Kuwait's record any time soon. Now I'll have (yet another) countries from ___ region again:

Qatar: I know this might be unlikely, but this is where they are hosting FIFA 2022, and will make a nice visit.
Jordan: The only wonders of the (modern) world they have visited are The Great Wall of China, Cristo Redentor, The Colosseum, and The Taj Mahal, I feel like Petra and Jordan are long overdue and will break Kuwait's record. After this they will have visited all countries that start with "J."
Lebanon: Now if they stay close or in Beirut and avoid the Lebanon/Syria border then it will be all right.
Iraqi Kurdistan: I agree 100% with nrh2110 with this. It will be a nice surprise and we need more positives of Iraq. Like I said with Lebanon if they stay away from borders they will be all right.
Kuwait: I would love to see this country again and have a switchback, to what I think is the most dangerous Fast Forward the race has ever done.

Yes, Kuwait's fast-forward was super dangerous and I feel that we should have a switchback to this but make it a roadblock instead! Qatar and Bahrain are really similar countries, but nonetheless Qatar also has its own variety of tasks to do. It's highly doubtful that they'll visit Qatar in a season right after Bahrain, and if you look at TAR 10's route they visited 12 countries (excluding US) in 12 legs and 1 double length leg, which is why they would have decided to include Kuwait and 2 African Nations (Mauritius and Madagascar). I think the race is focusing more on African countries as not only is Africa under-explored on the race but also because US has mostly peaceful relations with them. It's really surprising and good to see that we got Morocco, Zimbabwe & Bahrain in TAR 30. So, if TAR follows a similar route to TAR 30 and wants only one leg in Qatar (which would be underwhelming) they should definitely take it. But when there are dozens of European and African countries under-explored, it's the race's decision on where to go.
You can't visit Lebanon and Israel in the same season, granted that there are no flights from Israel to Beirut or any relation whatsoever at all between Israel and Lebanon.
Jordan is a pretty good idea. Jordan is just like the other middle-eastern countries but Jordan is not so similar that it would just be a UAE revisit. Jordan seems pretty good to go. I like the idea of going to Jordan, it would be new and unique.
Again Iraq is not the safest. Sure the Kurdistan is well protected but the race can't put the racers' life at risk just for visiting Iraq. The news might report Iraq safe, but there is still a lot of insurgency in other parts of Iraq and even if somebody tips them off Iraqi rebels might attack, and even if they are held off it's a risk the race can't take.

No IRAQ no no no no :nono2: :nono2: :nono2: firstly it is one hardest countrey to even get in and they don't really allow photos Iraq is even harder to get it then North Korea that reminds me do a leg in North Korea

Iraq isn’t like that lol...you can get a 30 day visa free entry into Kurdistan and its one of the safest places in the Middle East.
Got it mixed up with Iran however Iraq Iran and SYRIA have really strict rules and you can't film everwere so that is a problem

Iraq itself, yes, has strict visa rules, but Iraqi Kurdistan is an autonomous region with much more relaxed laws.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Get REAL people.

Do your research.

Read the US TRAVEL GUIDELINES: https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2018/01/276945.htm

Search country by country for travel warnings: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html

HIGHLY unlikely TAR will go anywhere not listed as a #1 or possibly a #2.

Some places could surprise you: Myanmar is a 1 right now , for example.

IRAQ is a definite no go.

Remember that what might be possible for an Aussie or a Filipino may NOT be possible for an American.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:39:39 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Gra1162

Get REAL people.

Do your research.

Read the US TRAVEL GUIDELINES: https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2018/01/276945.htm

Search country by country for travel warnings: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html

Remember that what might be possible for an Aussie or a Filipino may NOT be possible for an American.
I am checking the Hong Kong one and is black #1 and red is #2 yellow is #3 right? So yellow is still safe   :duno:

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Get REAL people.

Do your research.

Like I said before, Iraqi Kurdistan is completely different than Iraq itself.

In terms of visa policy:

And as WikiTravel says:

Apart from the 3 Kurdish provinces, it is not safe to travel to the disputed places. While it is very safe to travel to Duhok, Erbil, and Sulaymaniya, it is not safe to travel to Kirkuk or Diyala.

In other words, Erbil would be fine to have a leg in, which is where I thought they'd have one anyway, and also the easiest to get to.

I'd put Kurdistan in the list of possible surprises.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Still a MASSIVE risk for Americans to get into Iraq....

Have we forgotten the US journalists killed by ISIS?

So, I believe it's definalty a no...

Peach agrees...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Get REAL people.

Do your research.

I am checking the Hong Kong one and is black #1 and red is #2 yellow is #3 right? So yellow is still safe   :duno:

READ THE GUIDELINES.

Yes 2 is still possible. Whether TAR chooses to go or not is up to them and the area they want to use.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

I'd put Kurdistan in the list of possible surprises.

You have to go by the US TRAVEL ADVISORIES not Wikipedia.

There are some encouraging signs: https://iq.usembassy.gov/united-states-welcomes-reopening-iraqi-kurdistan-airports-international-flights/

But at the moment all of Iraq is status 4.

But Kyrgyzstan on the other hand is a #1.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Count
ry-Information-Pages/Kyrgyzstan.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Why is everyone YELLING?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just glancing but it seems Bhutan is 1 and while I know the visa situation there is complex, I think there's precedent for TAR visits being "sponsored" by some agency or organization so maybe? 99% sure they would make it an NEL though lol

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Just glancing but it seems Bhutan is 1 and while I know the visa situation there is complex, I think there's precedent for TAR visits being "sponsored" by some agency or organization so maybe? 99% sure they would make it an NEL though lol

Not really! I visited Bhutan in early 2017 and Bhutan is not that strict with visa admissions I forgot I'm an Indian and Indian citizens get a visa on arrival...
Still though, Bhutan Is BEAUTIFUL. It's worth all the hassle.

Gra1162

Not really! I visited Bhutan in early 2017 and Bhutan is not that strict with visa admissions I forgot I'm an Indian and Indian citizens get a visa on arrival...
But For me a hongkonger it is so much harder i took me so long to get my visa for Bhutan and lots of chinese and hongkongers want to go there so its really hard I think it is the Same for the other countries that are not nieghbours of Bhutan.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
It's a weird screwed up world when Djibouti and Myanmar are safer to visit than France, Italy, Germany and the UK...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
If there's any part of the world that I find underrated I would say it's Central Asia. Why doesn't TAR visit these "-stan" countries. The only one they visited is Kazakhstan. Central Asia needs more love. Of course they won't visit Afghanistan or Pakistan right now. I want them to stop visiting China and Southeast Asia in general. It's overdone, if you want to visit this region again then visit Laos or Myanmar (Burma), those will be something new. I want all the SAFE "-stan" countries visited. I would personally choose Kyrgyzstan as my pick for the next they visit. Many of the former Soviet Union nations in Asia have grown safe between the time the separated and to present day. Another country that I find surprising that the race has not gone back and visited is Kenya. I know it might be a bit iffy, but the thing thing they did in TAR 5 is one of the most infuriating things the race has ever done. I would rant about that on the "Worst TAR leg" thread later on. They can go to the major national park there. I would also want Canada to finally have a pit stop. My top two picks for cities they can do penultimate legs in are Winnipeg and Vancouver. After that they can Go to Minneapolis (Winnipeg penultimate) or Seattle (Vancouver penultimate).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
If there's any part of the world that I find underrated I would say it's Central Asia. Why doesn't TAR visit these "-stan" countries. The only one they visited is Kazakhstan. Central Asia needs more love. Of course they won't visit Afghanistan or Pakistan right now. I want them to stop visiting China and Southeast Asia in general. It's overdone, if you want to visit this region again then visit Laos or Myanmar (Burma), those will be something new. I want all the SAFE "-stan" countries visited. I would personally choose Kyrgyzstan as my pick for the next they visit. Many of the former Soviet Union nations in Asia have grown safe between the time the separated and to present day. Another country that I find surprising that the race has not gone back and visited is Kenya. I know it might be a bit iffy, but the thing thing they did in TAR 5 is one of the most infuriating things the race has ever done. I would rant about that on the "Worst TAR leg" thread later on. They can go to the major national park there. I would also want Canada to finally have a pit stop. My top two picks for cities they can do penultimate legs in are Winnipeg and Vancouver. After that they can Go to Minneapolis (Winnipeg penultimate) or Seattle (Vancouver penultimate).

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but TAR Israel just visited Kyrgyzstan a few months ago and spent two legs in and around Bishkek.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but TAR Israel just visited Kyrgyzstan a few months ago and spent two legs in and around Bishkek.

Yes, I am aware, although I did not watch the season myself, I did read your guys' recaps and thoughts about the episodes one by one after each one aired. I would personally want Tashkent, Uzbekistan to be paired with Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. As two consecutive legs.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

But For me a hongkonger it is so much harder i took me so long to get my visa for Bhutan and lots of chinese and hongkongers want to go there so its really hard I think it is the Same for the other countries that are not nieghbours of Bhutan.

I understand. However the government of Bhutan only issues visa(s) on arrival only to citizens of India, Bangladesh and Maldives. Bhutan is a country that places a heavy importance and prioritizes its environment and is not willing to sacrifice its forestry at the cost of foreign exchange and tourism, so naturally the country is a bit hostile to tourists. However if you respect the nature around them they're pretty friendly on the inside. The Bhutanese constitution has made special arrangements on environmental laws so you need to be very careful so as to not pollute.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
It's a weird screwed up world when Djibouti and Myanmar are safer to visit than France, Italy, Germany and the UK...
And why do you think that places like Djibouti and Myanmar should be more unsafe?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
And why do you think that places like Djibouti and Myanmar should be more unsafe?

Don't put words in my mouth, you know what I mean. I'm talking about the U.S. Goverment's travel site that Peach linked above.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:30:11 PM by G.B. »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Haha, maybe I didn't word it correctly. :cmaslol
I was asking, why do you think that Djibouti and Myanmar should be more unsafe than France, Italy, Germany and the UK? Cause you said it was weird.
The mentioned European countries have some terrorist risk linked to them, and D & M (especially D) don't seem to have any risks attached to them.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
That's sort of my point, is the fact that terrorist risks are making certain countries higher on the danger list than one might expect. You probably thought I meant D&M are lower than one might expect, but no.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I made some revisions to my wishlist and I like this better

1. Montevideo, Uruguay
2. somewhere in the Pampas, Uruguay (via bus) (SELF-DRIVE)
3. Santiago, Chile
4. Melbourne, Australia (nightlife task determining departures next morning) (Melbourne has the world's largest urban tram network, so have teams have to travel through the leg on it)
5. Invercargill and other areas, New Zealand (SELF-DRIVE)
6. areas up to Queenstown, New Zealand (SELF-DRIVE)
7. Kaohsiung and other areas, Taiwan (have use of train/bus at some point to get to a different area)
8. areas up to Taipei, Taiwan (similar to last leg) (pretty much from south to north of the island in the visit to Taiwan)
9. Hyderabad, India
10. Riga and other areas, Latvia (SELF-DRIVE)
11. Frankfurt/Cologne/Dusseldorf, Germany (SELF-DRIVE)
12. Atlanta, USA

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
That's sort of my point, is the fact that terrorist risks are making certain countries higher on the danger list than one might expect. You probably thought I meant D&M are lower than one might expect, but no.

Even when you look at the Goverment website, it lists Australia as having a terrorist risk...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
What? No it doesn't...

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I'm procrastinating on this paper that I need to write for my Korean history class, so here's a route I came up with!

Starting Line: Rancho Los Alamitos, Long Beach, California
Leg 1: Raratonga, Cook Islands
Leg 2: Christchurch, New Zealand (I'd love to see a leg in Christchurch, especially around Mount Cavendish. I went there in December and it was beautiful)
Leg 3: Lhasa, Tibet, China
Leg 4: Tibet, China (have Leg 4 be exclusively Lhasa and then Leg 5 explore the Himalayas, maybe a sherpa task)
Leg 5: Goa, India (night leg)
Leg 6: Astana, Kazakhstan
Leg 7: Frankfurt, Germany
Leg 8: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Leg 9: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Leg 10: Douala, Cameroon
Leg 11: Barcelona, Spain
Leg 12: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (fly to Newark)