Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538476 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Starting Line: Seattle, Washington

Leg 1: Pocheon, South Korea (teams fly to Seoul and sign up for bus to Pocheon)
Leg 2: Busan, South Korea
Leg 3: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Leg 4: Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 5: Mauritius Islands
Leg 6: Cappadocia, Turkey
Leg 7: Izmir, Turkey
Leg 8: Vilnius, Lithuania (hi Marionete)
Leg 9: Riga, Latvia
Leg 10: Gothenburg, Sweden
Leg 11: Stockholm, Sweden
Leg 12: San Diego, California (fly to Los Angeles and helicopter to San Diego)

Thoughts?

Needs more of southern hemisphere action. Vilinus and Riga are pretty similar, so substitute one of them. Also travel by ship from Riga to Stockholm !!!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
If I ever made a wishlist of what I wanted TAR to do in my country/area, I would love them to do a countryside leg and self-drive around The Curonian Spit (look it up :colors) and the towns on it.
But I agree that both Lithuania and Latvia on the same route would feel a bit same-y, unless, like I said, we had a countryside leg and a city leg to make those legs different.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I don't see anything wrong with going to a Middle Eastern country in consecutive seasons when TAR goes to the same country in consecutive seasons. Especially since an Israel or Jordan would be a new country, each with very iconic locations that would make any Legs in either country distinct and different from a UAE or Bahrain visit.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Wanna see maybe Tel Aviv on TAR32, but not Jerusalem thanks to Mr Trump...

Jordan (Petra) would be an AMAZING place to visit <33333333333333

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I think we need to wary though. Like I said before, now is not a good time for an Israel visit due to TAR trying to recover ratings and an Israel visit could alienate a large portion of their fanbase.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Due to the political status of the US and Israel, it will be unlikely, and why are people complaining about visiting the Middle East twice in a row when they visited India for three consecutive season being TAR 12-14. They've done the Middle East twice in a row before. TAR 9 in Oman (was a new country at the time) and then one season later in TAR 10 they visited Kuwait (only visited in season 10 and is the deepest in the Middle East they've gone.) I hope they can break Kuwait's record any time soon. Now I'll have (yet another) countries from ___ region again:

Qatar: I know this might be unlikely, but this is where they are hosting FIFA 2022, and will make a nice visit.
Jordan: The only wonders of the (modern) world they have visited are The Great Wall of China, Cristo Redentor, The Colosseum, and The Taj Mahal, I feel like Petra and Jordan are long overdue and will break Kuwait's record. After this they will have visited all countries that start with "J."
Lebanon: Now if they stay close or in Beirut and avoid the Lebanon/Syria border then it will be all right.
Iraqi Kurdistan: I agree 100% with nrh2110 with this. It will be a nice surprise and we need more positives of Iraq. Like I said with Lebanon if they stay away from borders they will be all right.
Kuwait: I would love to see this country again and have a switchback, to what I think is the most dangerous Fast Forward the race has ever done.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I highly doubt any country would alienate TAR viewers. Especially now.
And to be honest, I think a return to Russia would alienate more viewers than a visit to Israel.

At the same time, you could "alienate" viewers who have negative views on Vietnam or any other communist country or the Philippines because you think the president is horrible, for example.

TAR visiting a country has never been about supporting or rebuking its government or politics. At least a 1/3 of the countries already visited would've been eliminated in the planning stages if so. Racers' safety, whether or not they can get TV-ready locations and what kinds of incentives the local tourism board are offering are a higher priority than making a geopolitical statement.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
And to be honest, I think a return to Russia would alienate more viewers than a visit to Israel.

At the same time, you could "alienate" viewers who have negative views on Vietnam or any other communist country or the Philippines because you think the president is horrible, for example.

TAR visiting a country has never been about supporting or rebuking its government or politics. At least a 1/3 of the countries already visited would've been eliminated in the planning stages if so. Racers' safety, whether or not they can get TV-ready locations and what kinds of incentives the local tourism board are offering are a higher priority than making a geopolitical statement.

Comparing Israel to Philippines or Vietnam is a terrible analogy. There's a huge difference in sentiment between those who are just against political views and those who are against a country because of their apartheid/genocidal tendencies, to the point that they will boycott anything that supports that country, in this case, Israel. The Wonder Woman, for example, was successful, but not as successful as it could've been because of Gal Gadot's history of supporting Israel's militant/hawkish/genocidal/apartheid policies. I saw that at my university. Amazing Race does not want to risk this, especially now given the contentions between pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian groups being as high as they are now. Maybe I'm wrong and they will, but it's a bad move, and TAR is pretty smart about it. Hence, this is why Philippines and Vietnam is not a good analogy.

Russia on the other hand, you're right, will probably alienate some viewers, so now that I think about it, it probably won't happen, at least until things cool down between us and them. But it's still not comparable to Israel.

Gra1162

No not really I don't think going to Russia would boost the rating cause in Russia u only dance have tea parties, swimming, dolls and time zone Israel on the other hand has dead sea so they can have some dead sea task, Memory task of the gods and thing or temples like in indonesia in asia 5 they can go to the crying wall beach task in tel aviv art task in tel aviv too desert task black sea task Israel has so much to offer however if we go to israel for one season we need to wait for other season to go to jordan cause they are simillar

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

No not really I don't think going to Russia would boost the rating cause in Russia u only dance have tea parties, swimming, dolls and time zone Israel on the other hand has dead sea so they can have some dead sea task, Memory task of the gods and thing or temples like in indonesia in asia 5 they can go to the crying wall beach task in tel aviv art task in tel aviv too desert task black sea task Israel has so much to offer however if we go to israel for one season we need to wait for other season to go to jordan cause they are simillar

That’s not the point I was making...

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

I'm sorry but what is the point you're trying to make. This post is honestly stereotypical of the countries you mentioned. There are plenty of things to do in countries, even The Vatican has plenty to do in a day. The reason why people are doubting that Russia is not going to be visited anytime soon is because of current events with the US and Russia, the same thing can be said with Israel. There is also no problem with visiting two bordering countries for consecutive seasons  Look at TAR 1 it visited both South Africa and Zambia. then in TAR 2 they visited Namibia which borders both Zambia and South Africa. Look at my earlier post on this page about Oman and Kuwait. They don't need to wait about 2-5 seasons to visit the same region again. Look at Zambia and Namibia for example they are both in Southern Africa and they are both different countries with different cultures and most importantly different terrain. Namibia is mostly desert while Zambia is mostly a rain forest/savanna. All I'm trying to say is that you should put more research in posts. I'm not trying to sound mean but I put research in my Wish Lists and know which countries to avoid and which are safe. I might make mistakes, but that is normal.

Gra1162

I'm sorry but what is the point you're trying to make. This post is honestly stereotypical of the countries you mentioned. There are plenty of things to do in countries, even The Vatican has plenty to do in a day. The reason why people are doubting that Russia is not going to be visited anytime soon is because of current events with the US and Russia, the same thing can be said with Israel. There is also no problem with visiting two bordering countries for consecutive seasons  Look at TAR 1 it visited both South Africa and Zambia. then in TAR 2 they visited Namibia which borders both Zambia and South Africa. Look at my earlier post on this page about Oman and Kuwait. They don't need to wait about 2-5 seasons to visit the same region again. Look at Zambia and Namibia for example they are both in Southern Africa and they are both different countries with different cultures and most importantly different terrain. Namibia is mostly desert while Zambia is mostly a rain forest/savanna. All I'm trying to say is that you should put more research in posts. I'm not trying to sound mean but I put research in my Wish Lists and know which countries to avoid and which are safe. I might make mistakes, but that is normal.
But there is this blog writen by a british that lives in Israel and he says it is really safe to visit

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
No one's talking about Israel being unsafe to visit. :groan:

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

But there is this blog writen by a british that lives in Israel and he says it is really safe to visit

You are not understanding what we are saying, ties with Israel and the United Kingdom are different than ties with Israel and the United States. There is a reason as to why current events reflect on the countries they can visit. Look at Tunisia and Egypt for example. They were safe to visit at the time when TAR 1 and TAR 5 were filming. Then go to the present day and Tunisia and Egypt have had major political problems. Bertram said himself that Egypt was "Off the list" at the time the violent revolution in the country started.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
You'all are DREAMING! NO WAY TAR will visit Iraq! Once again, thanks to Mr Trump...

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
If I ever made a wishlist of what I wanted TAR to do in my country/area, I would love them to do a countryside leg and self-drive around The Curonian Spit (look it up :colors) and the towns on it.
But I agree that both Lithuania and Latvia on the same route would feel a bit same-y, unless, like I said, we had a countryside leg and a city leg to make those legs different.

I looked up the Curonian Spit and asdfghjkl IT'S SO PRETTY!
Yes Actually you can have like a countryside leg which focuses more on the culture and then a city leg, sounds like a good idea!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Due to the political status of the US and Israel, it will be unlikely, and why are people complaining about visiting the Middle East twice in a row when they visited India for three consecutive season being TAR 12-14. They've done the Middle East twice in a row before. TAR 9 in Oman (was a new country at the time) and then one season later in TAR 10 they visited Kuwait (only visited in season 10 and is the deepest in the Middle East they've gone.) I hope they can break Kuwait's record any time soon. Now I'll have (yet another) countries from ___ region again:

Qatar: I know this might be unlikely, but this is where they are hosting FIFA 2022, and will make a nice visit.
Jordan: The only wonders of the (modern) world they have visited are The Great Wall of China, Cristo Redentor, The Colosseum, and The Taj Mahal, I feel like Petra and Jordan are long overdue and will break Kuwait's record. After this they will have visited all countries that start with "J."
Lebanon: Now if they stay close or in Beirut and avoid the Lebanon/Syria border then it will be all right.
Iraqi Kurdistan: I agree 100% with nrh2110 with this. It will be a nice surprise and we need more positives of Iraq. Like I said with Lebanon if they stay away from borders they will be all right.
Kuwait: I would love to see this country again and have a switchback, to what I think is the most dangerous Fast Forward the race has ever done.

Yes, Kuwait's fast-forward was super dangerous and I feel that we should have a switchback to this but make it a roadblock instead! Qatar and Bahrain are really similar countries, but nonetheless Qatar also has its own variety of tasks to do. It's highly doubtful that they'll visit Qatar in a season right after Bahrain, and if you look at TAR 10's route they visited 12 countries (excluding US) in 12 legs and 1 double length leg, which is why they would have decided to include Kuwait and 2 African Nations (Mauritius and Madagascar). I think the race is focusing more on African countries as not only is Africa under-explored on the race but also because US has mostly peaceful relations with them. It's really surprising and good to see that we got Morocco, Zimbabwe & Bahrain in TAR 30. So, if TAR follows a similar route to TAR 30 and wants only one leg in Qatar (which would be underwhelming) they should definitely take it. But when there are dozens of European and African countries under-explored, it's the race's decision on where to go.
You can't visit Lebanon and Israel in the same season, granted that there are no flights from Israel to Beirut or any relation whatsoever at all between Israel and Lebanon.
Jordan is a pretty good idea. Jordan is just like the other middle-eastern countries but Jordan is not so similar that it would just be a UAE revisit. Jordan seems pretty good to go. I like the idea of going to Jordan, it would be new and unique.
Again Iraq is not the safest. Sure the Kurdistan is well protected but the race can't put the racers' life at risk just for visiting Iraq. The news might report Iraq safe, but there is still a lot of insurgency in other parts of Iraq and even if somebody tips them off Iraqi rebels might attack, and even if they are held off it's a risk the race can't take.

Gra1162

Yes, Kuwait's fast-forward was super dangerous and I feel that we should have a switchback to this but make it a roadblock instead! Qatar and Bahrain are really similar countries, but nonetheless Qatar also has its own variety of tasks to do. It's highly doubtful that they'll visit Qatar in a season right after Bahrain, and if you look at TAR 10's route they visited 12 countries (excluding US) in 12 legs and 1 double length leg, which is why they would have decided to include Kuwait and 2 African Nations (Mauritius and Madagascar). I think the race is focusing more on African countries as not only is Africa under-explored on the race but also because US has mostly peaceful relations with them. It's really surprising and good to see that we got Morocco, Zimbabwe & Bahrain in TAR 30. So, if TAR follows a similar route to TAR 30 and wants only one leg in Qatar (which would be underwhelming) they should definitely take it. But when there are dozens of European and African countries under-explored, it's the race's decision on where to go.
You can't visit Lebanon and Israel in the same season, granted that there are no flights from Israel to Beirut or any relation whatsoever at all between Israel and Lebanon.
Jordan is a pretty good idea. Jordan is just like the other middle-eastern countries but Jordan is not so similar that it would just be a UAE revisit. Jordan seems pretty good to go. I like the idea of going to Jordan, it would be new and unique.
Again Iraq is not the safest. Sure the Kurdistan is well protected but the race can't put the racers' life at risk just for visiting Iraq. The news might report Iraq safe, but there is still a lot of insurgency in other parts of Iraq and even if somebody tips them off Iraqi rebels might attack, and even if they are held off it's a risk the race can't take.

No IRAQ no no no no :nono2: :nono2: :nono2: firstly it is one hardest countrey to even get in and they don't really allow photos Iraq is even harder to get it then North Korea that reminds me do a leg in North Korea

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Politics is the second-dumbest thing the human race has ever invented. It ruins everything.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Politics is the second-dumbest thing the human race has ever invented. It ruins everything.

What's the first-dumbest thing we have invented?

Gra1162

MR.TRUMP AND KIM JONG UM

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

No IRAQ no no no no :nono2: :nono2: :nono2: firstly it is one hardest countrey to even get in and they don't really allow photos Iraq is even harder to get it then North Korea that reminds me do a leg in North Korea

Iraq isn’t like that lol...you can get a 30 day visa free entry into Kurdistan and its one of the safest places in the Middle East.

Gra1162

Iraq isn’t like that lol...you can get a 30 day visa free entry into Kurdistan and its one of the safest places in the Middle East.
Got it mixed up with Iran however Iraq Iran and SYRIA have really strict rules and you can't film everwere so that is a problem

Gra1162

Got it mixed up with Iran however Iraq Iran and SYRIA have really strict rules and you can't film everwere so that is a problem
Ummm Dubai and Saudi Arabia are the safest I think Iraq is tied with Israel and Jordan for safetness but Iraq has much stricter rules

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Fidget spinners.

- re: Israel - Production would probably have to build the route around a visit to Israel (so maybe US - South America - Europe - Israel - SE Asia - US); it's doable but then the issue becomes what can people safely do (so a leg in Tel Aviv or by the Dead Sea) vs what would people want from a leg in Israel (Jerusalem). I would give it time.  :d025:

- re: Qatar - Aside from the issue of 'we just visited Bahrain in TAR 30', I believe you have the same issue right now of planning a route around it since you can't connect through DXB or AUH; while this is served far more easily by (direct flight to DOH) - Qatar - (direct flight from DOH) I would give it time.  :d025:

(honestly I would prefer Jordan x2 but that's me)