Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538424 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Minnesota would be a good place for the final leg as the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area is considering very likely and safe that TAR will visit the West North Central region of the USA. It will be the 25th US state to visit TAR and the first new state since TAR 19.

Since when it was heard, Claude?

Due to language difficulties sometimes Claude presents things as FACT instead of using the conditional "Could/Might/May/wish/possibly" occur.

So take it FWIW.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
There are two things I really liked that TAR 30 brought back.

1. Starting the race in Europe. The last season to do this was TAR 17. Since then, there has been 6 east-bound routes, all of which either went to the Caribbean or South America before heading to Europe/Africa. I would love for TAR to do this more often, or maybe start the race in Africa (as I mentioned before, there are direct flights to Africa from NYC and other American airports). Of course, I really hope that TAR 31 is a west-bound route, but if not, I hope they change it up again

2. Starting and ending this race outside of Los Angeles. I think we can all agree we're tired of seeing Los Angeles. San Francisco was a nice change up, but I'd also like to go back to the old Amazing Race style of starting and ending the race outside of Los Angeles. Los Angeles can happen every now and then, but I'm sick of seeing it every season.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Minnesota would be a good place for the final leg as the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area is considering very likely and safe that TAR will visit the West North Central region of the USA. It will be the 25th US state to visit TAR and the first new state since TAR 19.

Since when it was heard, Claude?

Due to language difficulties sometimes Claude presents things as FACT instead of using the conditional "Could/Might/May/wish/possibly" occur.

So take it FWIW.

Oh sorry but I really do appreciate and believe in Claude's facts. T_T

Gra1162

ISRAEL HAS TO HAVE A LEG :furious:
Tel Aviv cause its safe there sam beach task or some art task
Ein Bokek cause of some dead sea task
Tar us has to have two Israel legs

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

I don't think USA and Israel have the safest of connections... Recently in December I believe the US recognized Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and it's safe to say there was a lot of violence within the city, in Palestine and all over this decision was frowned upon.
Israel is looooooooooong due. Tbh there are so many things to do in Israel and TAR definitely should visit, but granted the violence they should avoid it for some time...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Keep Taiwan in mind. A leg on the "country" side would be nice!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

I don't think USA and Israel have the safest of connections... Recently in December I believe the US recognized Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and it's safe to say there was a lot of violence within the city, in Palestine and all over this decision was frowned upon.
Israel is looooooooooong due. Tbh there are so many things to do in Israel and TAR definitely should visit, but granted the violence they should avoid it for some time...

I agree that a visit to Israel is a bad idea. Personally, I am pro-Palestine but favor a two state solution, but politics aside, I think a visit to Israel may alienate a lot of the pro-Palestine viewers, and is a bad idea at a time that TAR is trying to win back ratings. Israel is NOT a good choice. Jordan is safe and great to visit though! Or maybe a visit to Beirut in Lebanon—two middle eastern countries that haven't been visited. We won't see Qatar because production has already stated they won't because of the disorganization of the government there, and we won't see visits to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, or Syria anytime soon, so those are two countries that are great ideas to visit for new visits! Or like I said before, Iraqi Kurdistan is VERY safe and has very relaxed visa requirements.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Keep Taiwan in mind. A leg on the "country" side would be nice!

I second this! Both Taiwan and South Korea are undervisited East Asian countries with direct flights to the US. Would love to see more of both and less China.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
AWWW Saudi Arabia :( :(

But a visit to Taiwan soon please <3333

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
South Korea for leg 1 and Taiwan for leg 2 or 3 pls

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA-Suva, Fiji
Leg 2: Suva, Fiji-Nadi, Fiji
Leg 3: Nadi, Fiji-Melbourne, Australia
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia-Gold Coast, Australia
Leg 5: Gold Coast, Australia-Busan, South Korea
Leg 6: Busan, South Korea-Koahsiung City, Taiwan
Leg 7: Koahsiung City, Taiwan-Kolkata, India
Leg 8: Kolkata, India-Durban, South Africa
Leg 9: Durban, South Africa-Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 10: Cape Town, South Africa-San Juan, Puerto Rico
Leg 11: San Juan, Puerto Rico-Nassau, The Bahamas
Leg 12: Nassau, The Bahamas-Miami, USA

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Another Europeless route? :/ why

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Another Europeless route? :/ why

We need to see less Europe to be honest, if they want to there again then visit a former Yugoslavia country or an underused country, they have to stop going to France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. If they want to do Italy again, then visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Also how have they not gone there yet out of all their visits to Italy. Here are countries in Europe I would want to see:

Latvia: Complete the Baltic States.
Slovakia: They've visited the Czech Republic before so why not complete the the former Czechoslovakia.
Bosnia and Herzegovina: It's right there, also a Yugoslavia country
Luxembourg: It's small, but they can think of stuff to do there.
Finland: As much as I liked TAR 10, the tasks they did in Finland could have been done anywhere. Needs to be represented better.
Hungary: Is long overdue, and we need a switchback to the spicy soup.

All I'm saying is that we need more variety in Europe.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I wholeheartedly agree on diversity in European visits, I would sure love them to keep visiting new countires in Europe (and I don't get why some of them haven't been visited in 30 seasons), but skipping Europe entirely doesn't seem right to me, no matter how diverse your route is.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wholeheartedly agree on diversity in European visits, I would sure love them to keep visiting new countires in Europe (and I don't get why some of them haven't been visited in 30 seasons), but skipping Europe entirely doesn't seem right to me, no matter how diverse your route is.

Honestly I think it can be done, especially if they're trying to save money - though really that's because they keep insisting on going to like, Iceland or France or Germany or other super expensive western European countries. Instead of visiting Europe, why not visit some of their colonial possessions (read: more Caribbean legs  :cheer: or parts of India / central Asia  :luvya: or doing research into countries with a history of foreign occupation)?

Gra1162

My Season 32 wishlist locations (I know I made one so that will be be my Season 31 wishlist)
Fenway Park,Boston(Starting line)
Jerusalem,Israel :cheer: (call me mad since I added it to the other wishlist however I still want it so.......)(ELIM)
Doha,Qatar :cheer:(ELIM)
Rabat,Morocco(New twist x2 Yield)(ELIM)
Tataouine,Tunisia(Given clue at the pit stop(continue racing)
Barcelona,Spain(ELIM) (I know people said its bad B:) but its better than Madrid, Madrid is dirty I have been to both places so I know)
,Greece :conf:(Double U-Turn) (ELIM) (its so nice there and really beautiful so maybe it can boost the ratings)
,Belares (NON)
,Belares (ELIM)(TRIPLE U-TURN AND INTERSPTION)
,Chad (Double U-TURN) (ELIM)
Xian,China (NON)
Jeju,South Korea (NON)
Taipei,Taiwan(I ensure u there are direct flights back to USA cause Taiwan people love USA) (ELIM)
Roswell,New Mexico (it will be nice I think they first need to go to New Mexico then self drive to Roswell they might screw up tho it will be good to watch plus new Mexico never got visited in starting line and Finish Line) (Top 3)
Teams (newbies)
4 f/f
4 m/m
3 m/f
Teams (newbies)
Lesbians f/f (I add Lesbians so they can always create conflict with other teams bring rating up tho i will hate them unless they are like the Lesbians that won Tar Canada 4)
BFF f/f  (I guess)
American Ninga warrior girls f/f (Cause they are strong and will play dirty) (eg Jessie)
Beauty Queens f/f (I hope they are like Dustin and Kandice)
Models m/m (hope they are like Daniel and that other guy from Tar Israel 6)
American ninga warrior guys m/m (If we can't get girl at least get some boys)
best friends m/m
Friends m/m
Twins f/m
Dating f/m
Married f/m

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Israel and Jordan would be great. Pair them with a colder northern European country or something for the middle of a route.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Israel and Jordan would be great. Pair them with a colder northern European country or something for the middle of a route.

Besides with the Middle East, Bahrain has recently visited in season 30 and it could definitely not going to visit the region in TAR 31.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:33:49 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Yass. European Legs are some of the best ones.
IMO they should just finish Western Europe by s31, there are only 2 countries which they haven't visited - Luxembourg and Andorra. In addition to this some of the other countries are also undervisited:
Iceland - visited twice, season 6 & 30.
Ireland - visited once, season 12.
England - visited four times, season 3, 7, 17, 25
Scotland - visited twice, season 22, 25
Northern Ireland - visited once, season 22
Wales - visited once, season 24
Belgium - visited twice, season 19 & 30.
Spain - visited four times, season 3, 10, 21, 24
Portugal - visited twice, season 3 & 23.
Luxembourg, Andorra and Liechtenstein have never been visited (One roadblock in Liechtenstein, season 18)

They should either make a full fledged visit to Eastern Europe or cover any of these (except for Belgium and Iceland ofc)

Gra1162

IMO they should just finish Western Europe by s31, there are only 2 countries which they haven't visited - Luxembourg and Andorra. In addition to this some of the other countries are also undervisited:
Luxembourg, Andorra and Liechtenstein have never been visited (One roadblock in Liechtenstein, season 18)

They should either make a full fledged visit to Eastern Europe or cover any of these (except for Belgium and Iceland ofc)

Northern Ireland,Wales and Scotland are part of England so its counted together

Gra1162

Besides with the Middle East, Bahrain has recently visited in season 30 and it could definitely not going to visit the region in TAR 31.
True however they might skip one season then do middle east again this happened when Tar 28 went the Ameria and Goregia 9Are the middle east i am not that sure) but Dhabi is middle east and the went there and then the skipped a season and went to Bahrin so it means we need to wait to Tar 32 and for an extra note i think Tar will not go to india for a long time cause they been there so many times 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 20, 27

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
My Season 32 wishlist locations (I know I made one so that will be be my Season 31 wishlist)
Jerusalem,Israel :cheer: (call me mad since I added it to the other wishlist however I still want it so.......)(ELIM)
Barcelona,Spain(ELIM) (I know people said its bad B:) but its better than Madrid, Madrid is dirty I have been to both places so I know)
,Greece :conf:(Double U-Turn) (ELIM) (its so nice there and really beautiful so maybe it can boost the ratings)
,Belares (NON)
Xian,China (NON)
Jeju,South Korea (NON)
Taipei,Taiwan(I ensure u there are direct flights back to USA cause Taiwan people love USA) (ELIM)
Roswell,New Mexico (it will be nice I think they first need to go to New Mexico then self drive to Roswell they might screw up tho it will be good to watch plus new Mexico never got visited in starting line and Finish Line) (Top 3)
Teams (newbies)
4 f/f
4 m/m
3 m/f
Teams (newbies)
Lesbians f/f (I add Lesbians so they can always create conflict with other teams bring rating up tho i will hate them unless they are like the Lesbians that won Tar Canada 4)
BFF f/f  (I guess)
American Ninga warrior girls f/f (Cause they are strong and will play dirty) (eg Jessie)
best friends m/m
Friends m/m
Twins f/m
Dating f/m
Married f/m

1] I love your wishlist ! This would sound like a really beautiful race. 2 double u-turns and one triple u-turn  :funny: some teams are going to get wrecked really bad by this.
2] Is the list in ascending leg-wise order? if so, you can't start the race by traveling from Boston to Jerusalem, and then go back west-side towards Morocco.
I've arranged it in west-to-east order here:
Show content

Leg 1 : Boston, Massachusetts, USA --> Barcelona, Spain
Leg 2 : Barcelona, Spain --> Rabat, Morocco
Leg 3 : Rabat, Morocco --> Tataouine, Tunisia
Leg 4 : Tataouine, Tunisia --> Zakouma National Park, Chad
Leg 5 : N'Djamena, Chad --> Santorini, Greece (you mentioned that Greece is beautiful, so I chose Santorini : ) )
Leg 6 : Santorini, Greece --> Brest, Belarus
Leg 7 : Minsk, Belarus
Leg 8 : Minsk, Belarus --> Jerusalem, Israel
Leg 9 : Jerusalem, Israel --> Doha, Qatar
Leg 10 : Doha, Qatar --> Xi'an, China
Leg 11 : Xi'an, China --> Jeju City, South Korea
Leg 12 : Jeju City, South Korea --> Roswell, New Mexico, USA

3] Jerusalem raises some eyebrows... USA and Jerusalem aren't exactly on the most peaceful terms. Since you seem so keen on Israel, switch it for Tel Aviv or some place exotic like Rosh Hanikra. Qatar has a very less probability being visited as Manama, Bahrain was just visited in season 30. Same goes for Rabat, Tangiers was just visited season 30. Even Greece seems like a bit doubtful, as we visited it in s29, but then again they visited Indonesia continuously from s21 to s23, so all these might just be possible.

4] Your passion for American Ninja Warrior is really well-wrought  :lol: I second that.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Northern Ireland,Wales and Scotland are part of England so its counted together

*United Kingdom
Yes, I know it's technically counted together but I've taken them as British Isles because I visited the UK last year and the people, the culture and the ways of life in all these different isles are so vastly different. Even if you look into the history of the formation of the UK, most of these were just forced in. When Wolfe Tone rebelled against the British Troops Ireland was just incorporated into UK. It took Ireland a long time to gain independence, and finally post the Irish War of Independence from 1919 to 1921 Ireland became what it is known today. Northern Ireland is still a part of the UK, but at least we have Ireland as a separate country. Similarly Wales and Scotland are on a whole new paradigm as compared to England. That's why I took them separate.

Gra1162

,Belares (NON)
Xian,China (NON)
Jeju,South Korea (NON)
Teams (newbies)
4 f/f
4 m/m
3 m/f
Teams (newbies)
BFF f/f  (I guess)
best friends m/m
Friends m/m
Twins f/m
Dating f/m
Married f/m

1] I love your wishlist ! This would sound like a really beautiful race. 2 double u-turns and one triple u-turn  :funny: some teams are going to get wrecked really bad by this.
2] Is the list in ascending leg-wise order? if so, you can't start the race by traveling from Boston to Jerusalem, and then go back west-side towards Morocco.
I've arranged it in west-to-east order here:
Show content

Leg 1 : Boston, Massachusetts, USA --> Barcelona, Spain
Leg 2 : Barcelona, Spain --> Rabat, Morocco
Leg 3 : Rabat, Morocco --> Tataouine, Tunisia
Leg 4 : Tataouine, Tunisia --> Zakouma National Park, Chad
Leg 5 : N'Djamena, Chad --> Santorini, Greece (you mentioned that Greece is beautiful, so I chose Santorini : ) )
Leg 6 : Santorini, Greece --> Brest, Belarus
Leg 7 : Minsk, Belarus
Leg 8 : Minsk, Belarus --> Jerusalem, Israel
Leg 9 : Jerusalem, Israel --> Doha, Qatar
Leg 10 : Doha, Qatar --> Xi'an, China
Leg 11 : Xi'an, China --> Jeju City, South Korea
Leg 12 : Jeju City, South Korea --> Roswell, New Mexico, USA

3] Jerusalem raises some eyebrows... USA and Jerusalem aren't exactly on the most peaceful terms. Since you seem so keen on Israel, switch it for Tel Aviv or some place exotic like Rosh Hanikra. Qatar has a very less probability being visited as Manama, Bahrain was just visited in season 30. Same goes for Rabat, Tangiers was just visited season 30. Even Greece seems like a bit doubtful, as we visited it in s29, but then again they visited Indonesia continuously from s21 to s23, so all these might just be possible.

4] Your passion for American Ninja Warrior is really well-wrought  :lol: I second that.
Omg thank you i just wanna add the american Ninja warrior cause they would be really good at opsticale course thing but bad at mental stuff i hope they are not like april from season 30 i only added xian cause i would be going there and i did the list on the bus with no wifi so i think its nice however i have lots of spelling mistakes cause i am a bad speller i wanted to find how to spell Santorini but since i had no wifi so i just wrote a note

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Starting Line: Seattle, Washington

Leg 1: Pocheon, South Korea (teams fly to Seoul and sign up for bus to Pocheon)
Leg 2: Busan, South Korea
Leg 3: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Leg 4: Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 5: Mauritius Islands
Leg 6: Cappadocia, Turkey
Leg 7: Izmir, Turkey
Leg 8: Vilnius, Lithuania (hi Marionete)
Leg 9: Riga, Latvia
Leg 10: Gothenburg, Sweden
Leg 11: Stockholm, Sweden
Leg 12: San Diego, California (fly to Los Angeles and helicopter to San Diego)

Thoughts?