Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538512 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Melbourne will not have a night leg. Certain areas of the city (St Kilda, Northern suburbs, Western suburbs) are being runned by Youth African gangs who are actually quite violent.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Was it that bad in late 2013 when production originally planned on having one in 24 or has it gotten worse?

Gra1162

Melbourne will not have a night leg. Certain areas of the city (St Kilda, Northern suburbs, Western suburbs) are being runned by Youth African gangs who are actually quite violent.
True I have been there in chinese new year and night leg in australlia in genral is bad cause mostly everything closes.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Was it that bad in late 2013 when production originally planned on having one in 24 or has it gotten worse?

Every since Daniel Andrews (our current 'leader), has come to power, Youth crime is up. We've also had two vehicular attacks. DO NOT GO TO ST KILDA AT NIGHT!!!

In 2013, the crime rate was down. We have risen since 2015. Look it up.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Amazing Race 31

7. Bangalore, India
8. Hyderabad, India (via overnight train)

Bangalore and Hyderabad are very similar cities, so If you are considering choose one of them. Hyderabad essentially is a less-developed Bangalore and has more of an Islamic influence. Bangalore is a more annoying version of Hyderabad (unbearable traffic, tonnes of people who have moved here and dreadful pollution!). The same goes for Mumbai and Chennai, Chennai essentially is a cleaner Mumbai, with ruder people, whereas Mumbai is super overpopulated and has relatively friendlier people.   

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
TAR US should visit and have two legs in Laos, Laos visa regime is easy and crime risk is level or even lower than many visited countries
Luang Prabang may be the best choice with some recycled tasks from TAR VN 4 leg 5

Vientiane is quite really safe and is being close to Thai border. It is a good place to visit iconic numerous Buddhist temples. Areas between Xaisomboun Province and along the border with Burma are not permitted to go.

Every since Daniel Andrews (our current 'leader), has come to power, Youth crime is up. We've also had two vehicular attacks. DO NOT GO TO ST KILDA AT NIGHT!!!

You said it, Bourkie. Melbourne CBD is a right place to visit and Brighton beach is plausible for a good place to look with colorful beach huts. It could be a day and sunny leg for Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere winter. TAR US has never done a winter leg in Oceania.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:15:05 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep

Bourkie this is the sort of stuff which makes you look like a sheltered 16 year old

I go to st Kilda regularly (and am there rn) and i live in the northern suburbs- there are no problems lmao

Pls get ur stuff together u can make better posts with less misinformation than this

Melbourne is perfectly safe and a night leg should totally happen despite what fearmongers (bourkie) say

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Also why on earth would TAR go go the northern/western suburbs at night anyway wtf

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1. San Diego, USA 🇺🇸 —> Quito, Ecuador 🇪🇨
2. Quito, Ecuador 🇪🇨 —> Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay 🇺🇾
3. Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay 🇺🇾 —> Montevideo, Uruguay 🇺🇾
4. Montevideo, Uruguay 🇺🇾 —> Zurich, Switzerland 🇨🇭(KOR)
5. Zurich, Switzerland 🇨🇭 —> Bratislava, Slovakia 🇸🇰 (via train)
6. Bratislava, Slovakia 🇸🇰 —> Zagreb, Croatia 🇭🇷
7. Zagreb, Croatia 🇭🇷 —> Bangalore, India 🇮🇳 (NEL)
8. Bangalore, India 🇮🇳
9. Bangalore, India 🇮🇳 —> Kaohsiung, Taiwan 🇹🇼 (NEL)
10. Kaohsiung, Taiwan 🇹🇼 —> Nadi, Fiji 🇫🇯
11. Nadi, Fiji 🇫🇯 —> Fijian Islands 🇫🇯
12. Fijian Islands 🇫🇯 —> Seattle, USA 🇺🇸

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Los Angeles, USA
Nadi, Fiji
Suva, Fiji
Melbourne, Australia
Tasmania, Australia
Taiwan
Chengdu, China
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Vienna, Austria
Durban, South Africa
Cape Town, South Africa
Charlotte, North Carolina

Yo, I started working on a fanfic based on this. You've only mentioned 11 places, Bourkie, there's no way I'm considering a full leg in Los Angeles, and assuming Charlotte is the final leg, we still have 11 legs. I decided to add Budapest, Hungary as the final leg.

Leg 1: USA --> Fiji
Leg 2: Fiji
Leg 3: Fiji --> Australia [KOR]
Leg 4: Australia [U-TURN X2]
Leg 5: Australia --> Taiwan
Leg 6: Taiwan --> China
Leg 7: China --> South Africa [BLIND U-TURN X1] [NEL]
Leg 8: South Africa [BLIND U-TURN X1]
Leg 9: South Africa --> Romania
Leg 10: Romania --> Hungary
Leg 11: Hungary --> Austria
Leg 12: Austria --> USA

I have linked it on another thread, do let me know your thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 01:25:21 AM by violetb1911 »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I totally agree with a visit to Laos. They can do a leg in Luang Prabang and then do a visit to Vang Vieng, kind of similar to TAR 29's Hanoi then Ninh Binh. Vientiane, according to several people I met while backpacking around Asia, is pretty boring compared to the rest of Laos and I think those two places, or maybe even Phonsavan would be really cool. Keeping to Southeast Asia, I'd really like to see a visit to Myanmar (I just did one in my fantasy game  :lol:) and go to Bagan, which would make another incredible Southeast Asian leg.

We also haven't had a visit to Russia since 21, which is kind of understandable given the current relations between us and them. In my opinion, the Russian legs always seem to have at least one difficult task :

5 - Caviar task (would LOVE this as a Switchback, even as just a fast forward)
9 - Russian nesting doll task
13 - the entire penultimate leg
14 - wood stacking
17 - music/film detour
21 - synchronized swimming, time zones

I would like a visit to St Petersburg! It's been a bit, and then we can do the Caviar task again. If not, I'd really just like to skip Moscow altogether and go somewhere new. Maybe a visit to Vladivostok? A winter leg in Sochi would be cool, they can do Olympic tasks.

What do you guys think?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

Bourkie, Melbourne is ranked #1 in the most habitable city in the world according to the Economist Intelligence Unit for seven years straight in a row. I would love a visit to Melbourne. The Race has surprised in the past. I would not find it shocking that the next visit to Australia will include Melbourne, day or night. Just wanted to say this and now onto my route for TAR 31

Starting Line: Hollywood Sign
Leg 1: (Los Angeles, California---> Nadi, Fiji) Pit Stop: a beach area
Leg 2: (Nadi, Fiji---> Launceston, Tasmania) Pit Stop: Cataract Gorge
Leg 3: (Launceston, Tasmania---> Melbourne, Victoria) Pit Stop: Shrine of Remembrance
Leg 4: (Melbourne, Victoria---> Vientiane, Laos) Pit Stop: Patuxai
Leg 5: (Vientiane, Laos---> Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan) Pit Stop: Burana Tower
Leg 6: (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan---> Doha Qatar) Pit Stop: Pearl and Oyster Fountain
Leg 7: (Doha, Qatar---> Johannesburg, South Africa) Pit Stop: Cradle of Humankind
Leg 8: (Johannesburg, South Africa---> Montevideo, Uruguay) Pit Stop: The Hand in the Sand
Leg 9: (Montevideo, Uruguay---> Cuzco, Peru) Pit Stop: Machu Picchu
Leg 10: (Cuzco, Peru---> Belize City, Belize) Pit Stop: Xunantunich
Leg 11: (Belize City, Belize---> Winnipeg, Manitoba) Pit Stop: Assiniboine Park
Leg 12: (Winnipeg, Manitoba---> Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota) Finish Line: Spoonbridge and Cherry

So that is 5 new countries: (Fiji, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Qatar, and Belize)
1 country that's been visited once: (Uruguay)
2 countries that have been visited twice: (Peru, Canada)
1 country that has been visited three times: (South Africa)
1 country that has been visited four times: (Australia)
Then lastly Minnesota will become the 25th state to be visited in the race.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Not sure if Fiji would visit by new teams, since we already have French Polynesia since TAR22. My guess is that Australia is a high possibility so it should be looking like this:

Pre-Leg: Los Angeles, California, USA
Leg 1: USA  》 San Jose, Costa Rica , Pitstop: Parque Nacíonal Manuel Antonio
Leg 2: Costa Rica  》Hobart, Tasmania, Australia , Pitstop: Port Arthur
Leg 3: Tasmania, Australia  》 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia , Pitstop: Royal Exhibition Building
Leg 4: Australia  》 Penang, George Town, Malaysia , Pitstop: Kek Lok Si Temple
Leg 5: Malaysia  》 Luang Prabang, Laos , Pitstop: Mount Phousi view
Leg 6: Luang Prabang  》 Vientiane, Laos , Pitstop: Patuxai
Leg 7: Laos  》 Kigali, Rwanda , Pitstop: somewhere in the streets overlooking Kigali Tower
Leg 8: Rwanda  》 Lalibela, Ethiopia ,  Pitstop: Rock-Hewn Churches
Leg 9: Ethiopia   》 Ljubljana, Slovenia , Pitstop: Prešeren Square
Leg 10: Slovenia  》Faro, Algarve, Portugal , Pitstop: at a nearby beach
Leg 11: Portugal  》 Dublin, Ireland (with Blarney & Kilkenny) , Pitstop: Kilkenny Castle
Leg 12: Ireland  》 Cleveland, Ohio, USA ,
Pitstop: Cleveland Museum of Art

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Minnesota would be a good place for the final leg as the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area is considering very likely and safe that TAR will visit the West North Central region of the USA. It would be the 25th US state to visit TAR, enough of New York, Nevada and California final leg visits.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:27:16 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Minnesota would be a good place for the final leg as the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area is considering very likely and safe that TAR will visit the West North Central region of the USA. It will be the 25th US state to visit TAR and the first new state since TAR 19.

Since when it was heard, Claude?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
I totally agree with a visit to Laos. They can do a leg in Luang Prabang and then do a visit to Vang Vieng, kind of similar to TAR 29's Hanoi then Ninh Binh. Vientiane, according to several people I met while backpacking around Asia, is pretty boring compared to the rest of Laos and I think those two places, or maybe even Phonsavan would be really cool. Keeping to Southeast Asia, I'd really like to see a visit to Myanmar (I just did one in my fantasy game  :lol:) and go to Bagan, which would make another incredible Southeast Asian leg.

We also haven't had a visit to Russia since 21, which is kind of understandable given the current relations between us and them. In my opinion, the Russian legs always seem to have at least one difficult task :

14 - wood stacking
17 - music/film detour

I would like a visit to St Petersburg! It's been a bit, and then we can do the Caviar task again. If not, I'd really just like to skip Moscow altogether and go somewhere new. Maybe a visit to Vladivostok? A winter leg in Sochi would be cool, they can do Olympic tasks.

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure about the prospect of going to Myanmar. Right now there is kind of a civil war and there is a lot of civil strife between the Muslim and Buddhist communities in Myanmar. Look em' up : Rohingya Muslims.
As a result of internal violence and discrimination, The Rohingyas are migrating to Bangladesh where they are being massacred for illegally entering the country for refuge. Plus, I think Aung San Suu Kyi is being prosecuted, and there's just a whole lot of drama going down there. Besides, Myanmar and Thailand and their neighbouring countries are sort of similar. I'd seriously opt for Laos instead.

Yes! I agree with Russia. I did a fic with Vladivostok, and there's enough for 2 legs in Vladivostok. I highly recommend the race visit Russia again.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
I agree on Laos and also to Cambodia to make a Southeast Asia bi-country combo in two legs. One in Vientiane and the other is Siem Reap.

Vladivostok in Russia seems more unlikely that flight routes between East Asian cities to that city have daily limited schedule flights.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
I agree on Laos and also to Cambodia to make a Southeast Asia bi-country combo in two legs. One in Vientiane and the other is Siem Reap.

Vladivostok in Russia seems more unlikely that flight routes between East Asian cities to that city have daily limited schedule flights.

Same perhaps. You can also try out Vang Vieng in Laos and Sihanoukville in Cambodia. They are great cities too.
Also it's not necessary that we need flights from east asian cities to vladivostok. You could also fly in from Juneau/Anchorage, and for that matter people even fly from Japan and ROK. I still think Vladivostok can be possible!

Gra1162

The twist and changes I want In Tar (us)
Switchbacks:
nesting dolls
The digging thing in season 5 in Egypt
Wasabi bomb
bug eating thing
Poland sausage thing
Chomnix paraglide thing (I know its to early)
Twist
No MORE PARTNER SWAP
I WANT Intersection back
Bring back the yield
make a triple u turn
make u turn after a detour

Changes
Make 12 teams (4 f/f 4 m/f 4 m/m)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Given the current  political climate with our diplomats being expelled, no way will TAR go to Russia.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Gra1162

Given the current  political climate with our diplomats being expelled, no way will TAR go to Russia.
I think if u go to Russia not so main city you are good to go maybe go to the Asia side of Russia maybe the remote places it just depends on were u go

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Vladivostok would be an easy Leg to pair with a Southeast Asia, China or South Korea Leg.

Gra1162

Vladivostok would be an easy Leg to pair with a Southeast Asia, China or South Korea Leg.
However its really close to north korea and they might capture the teams and bring them to north korea like what they did to south koreans

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
However its really close to north korea and they might capture the teams and bring them to north korea like what they did to south koreans

I can ensure you that won't happen.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

14 - wood stacking
17 - music/film detour

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure about the prospect of going to Myanmar. Right now there is kind of a civil war and there is a lot of civil strife between the Muslim and Buddhist communities in Myanmar. Look em' up : Rohingya Muslims.
As a result of internal violence and discrimination, The Rohingyas are migrating to Bangladesh where they are being massacred for illegally entering the country for refuge. Plus, I think Aung San Suu Kyi is being prosecuted, and there's just a whole lot of drama going down there. Besides, Myanmar and Thailand and their neighbouring countries are sort of similar. I'd seriously opt for Laos instead.

Yes! I agree with Russia. I did a fic with Vladivostok, and there's enough for 2 legs in Vladivostok. I highly recommend the race visit Russia again.

I'm aware of the situation in Myanmar, I spent an entire semester researching it for one of my classes. But that's in the Rakhine state. When I backpacked around Asia in December/January, I met a lot of people who visited Yangon and/or Bagan and they absolutely loved it and it was safe. But I guess TAR probably won't take risks.

Would really love to see Laos, would really prefer not Vientiane.

Also on the topic of Southeast Asia, I know they just visited Vietnam (my favorite country I've ever been to), but I hope the next time they visit, they go somewhere completely new like Nha Trang or Phu Quoc.