Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538690 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yeah, that would be a really lame route if we ever had a USA vs. Canada edition.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I haven't checked this thread for like a couple of months or so.

Imo, the reason Aus vs NZ wasn't as good as TAR Aus's past seasons was the nation rivalry. The show focused too much on that, and there was a lot of bias among teams from either nation. I personally don't wanna see another TAR version involving only 2 nations, because that's what's gonna happen most likely.

When you have teams from several nations involved like TAR Asia, the bias is less if not non-existent. That's why if TAR Aus is getting a 4th season, I'm hoping for it to be TAR Australia & Oceania.

:2cents:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I haven't checked this thread for like a couple of months or so.

Imo, the reason Aus vs NZ wasn't as good as TAR Aus's past seasons was the nation rivalry. The show focused too much on that, and there was a lot of bias among teams from either nation. I personally don't wanna see another TAR version involving only 2 nations, because that's what's gonna happen most likely.

When you have teams from several nations involved like TAR Asia, the bias is less if not non-existent. That's why if TAR Aus is getting a 4th season, I'm hoping for it to be TAR Australia & Oceania.

:2cents:

We can dream (and there is a TINY bit of hope)... BUT it is very unlikely TAR Aus 4 will happen...

Nothing announced for 2018...

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
revisiting this thread after such a long time. Hope to pitch my idea for s31 ! :
Leg 1 : Honolulu, Hawaii --> Queenstown, Australia
Leg 2 : Queenstown, Australia --> Melbourne, Australia
Leg 3 : Melbourne, Australia --> Jeju City, South Korea
Leg 4 : Jeju City, South Korea --> Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Leg 5 : Sihanoukville, Cambodia --> Thimphu, Bhutan
Leg 6 : Thimpu, Bhutan --> Doha, Qatar
Leg 7 : Doha, Qatar --> Sharjah, UAE & Dubai, UAE
Leg 8 : Dubai, UAE --> Istanbul, Turkey --> Ortakoy, Greece
Leg 9 : Ortakoy, Greece --> Nicosia, Cyprus
Leg 10 : Nicosia, Cyprus --> Luxembourg city, Luxembourg
Leg 11 : Luxembourg city, Luxembourg --> San Jose, Costa Rica
Leg 12 : San Jose, Costa Rica --> Houston, Texas

Thoughts? Also can someone suggest me a map making app? I wanted to make a map on this!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I honestly hope if they want to go back to their roots a bit more then next season should have NO California. I honestly wished that TAR 30 ended in Seattle, (like a reverse TAR 10), because that is longer overdue than San Francisco. Seattle is one of three cities from season 1-11 that need proper finales, the others are Phoenix and Denver. California has been visited more times than China, that says a lot. The last time I want to see California is if they visit the Hollywood Sign as a starting line and that is it. Here are my thoughts as what could be final cities and what they could do in them and what could be the finish line. I'll start off in cities that NEED proper finales first.

Seattle: Now this city deserves more credit where its due as it started TWO race traditions. The final memory task. TAR 3 totem poles. It also started the first ever westward route, TAR 10. They could ACTUALLY visit the Space Needle and look for something while on it, probably the Spiders on the roof. They could go to the Gum Wall and have to find and scrape off gum that are race colors. They can catch fish in Pike's Place. Have a clue that says "Go look under a bridge for a surprise" leading them to figure out they need to find the Fremont Troll. Then have make a mad dash to Gas Works Park for the finish line.

Phoenix: They could do many desert themed tasks there like go climb Camelback Mountain. Go to the USS Arizona Memorial there again. It would also be cool if they had a task that involved looking around a cactus field for their next clue. The finish line can be in the middle of the desert and have to find Phil and the Finish Line.

Denver: Can do a switchback and go to Red Rocks Amphitheater of the flag memory challenge. They can go look for a "Big Blue Creature Staring Inside" leading to figure out that they have to find a the Big Blue Bear. Probably have a task going to the Denver Art Museum for a quick visit. The finish line can be something else overlooking Denver.

Now to move on to Three cities I want to see as finales.

Boston, Salem, and Plymouth: They can find where the ducks cross and go walk to the Freedom Trail, then go up to Salem to do visit the memorial of all people accused of witches. and do some witch trial tasks. Go back to Boston and go to Harvard where the memory task takes place. Then go all the way down to Plymouth for the Plimouth Plantation and have to find which person is out of character, the thing is it will be very hard to tell and will have to use their minds. After they have found the person, He/She will hand them the next clue. The final clue will ONLY say "1620" and will not tell them that it is the finish line, teams can not ask the people at the Plimouth Plantation, but can ask visitors. That will have to figure out that they need to find Plymouth Rock the finish line for this race.

Minneapolis: Honestly the Midwest is underrated in TAR and not used much, they only went to Chicago twice and that's it. They can go to the Mall of America and have to scour the floors to look for their next clue. They can visit the Stone Arch Bridge that's there. Go to the Vikings Stadium, US Bank Stadium and do a task there. Have a task commemorating Prince. Have the final clue say "Finish it all off with a cherry on top" leading them to figure out that The Finish Line is at the Spoonbridge and Cherry.

Albuquerque: They can do Indian stuff there. Go to Petroglyph National Monument and have them find petroglyphs. Have them do a hot-air balloon task at the Balloon Fiesta they have there, probably a memory challenge, and before they can blow up they the balloons that will have to get approval. Have both the final task and Finish Line at Sandia Peak.

I could type up these things for hours and hours and make up these legs while researching, I might brush these up in the future and add more cities, for them to do final legs legs in.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:26:56 AM by NELs »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I also think Detroit would be a great finale! They could start by doing a quick dive into Canada, and then there's so much to do with Detroit. They could have a task involving the auto industry, Motown, a baseball stadium task at Comerica Park, and so much more. Detroit is actually a lot safer than people think it is, coming from someone who lives in Michigan. It's really the outskirts of Detroit that aren't very safe, so as long as they stay in Detroit or go to somewhere like Ann Arbor, they'll be perfectly fine. Plus, you can get direct flights from Asia, Europe, and South and Central to Detroit, so it's a great possibility!

And how have we had 30 seasons but no finale or start in Philadelphia? There's SO much to do with that and very accessible from Europe (and I think Asia? Not sure).

I also think Portland is overdue. The one time they did it was a fabulous final leg.

Adding to that, Atlanta and DC are underused. One time for each, and they can do so much with both, and both are very accessible with direct flights. Would also like to see St. Louis, New Orleans, and Baltimore but the problem with those are getting the final direct flights to them (same with Albuquerque).

I also think that they need to switch up California a bit. It was great to see San Francisco and finally have a season that didn't visit LA! But that being said, I think they should do San Diego one season. There are flights to and from Tokyo for example, so there's an idea!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Chicago for TAR31 start line, Minni for finish line and Phillie for the finale City in Tar32 <333

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Chicago for TAR31 start line, Minni for finish line and Phillie for the finale City in Tar32 <333
This I agree with. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'd like to see Orlando/Tampa finale, I think that could be interesting to see.

I think Denver could be seen but maybe accompanied by a Skiing area too, that would be cool for a finale.

I would like to see Detroit, memory task to do with automobile industry would be very cool.

Also, Boston! How has it never been visited?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I agree with with a finish in Detroit and probably the memory task can be that teams will have to drive and park the cars in the order of the countries visited with the first and last one being in the US. The cars could be of different companies of cars where they originated from. They could also visit the Renaissance Center.

Philadelphia would also be cool. How have they not been there yet too. They could eat philly cheese steaks. Do a task relating to Rocky.
The Finish Line could be overlooking Independence Hall. Also a visit to the Liberty Bell as well.

While I wouldn't want to see San Diego immediately, it would be cool to visit there. The first thing they should do is go to Balboa Park and do a task there. Their next clue could be the picture of the famous sailor kissing nurse. They soon have to find the statue replicating the photo to get their next clue. The Finish Line can be the Hotel de Coronado.

I'm honestly surprised that Texas only held two finales TAR 5 and TAR 26. It is the second largest state and has three cities that are in the top 10 most populous. San Antonio would be cool seeing the riverwalk and finish at the Alamo would be amazing.

By the way BritishTARFan, Boston has been visited as a starting line in TAR 17, but never hosted a Finish Line before.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Love your idea, BB. I would bet The Amazing Race 31: USA vs. Canada similar to ill-fated The Amazing Race Australia 3: Australia vs. New Zealand.

12 teams in 12 legs, 6 newbie USA teams and 6 returning Canadian teams from past seasons of The Amazing Race Canada.

MY TAR 31 WISHLIST (REVISED) - see my post at page 151

Starting line: Santa Anita Park, Arcadia, California, US
Leg 1: Los Angeles Area, California, US to Melbourne, Australia
Leg 2: Melbourne, Australia to Port Campbell (Great Ocean Road), Australia (self-driving)
Leg 3: Port Campbell, Australia to Osaka and Nara, Japan
Leg 4: Nara, Japan to Vientiane, Laos
Leg 5: Vientiane, Laos to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Leg 6: Siem Reap, Cambodia to Paarl/Stellenbosch, South Africa (rural; self-driving)
Leg 7: Paarl/Stellenbosch, South Africa to Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa to Barcelona, Spain
Leg 9: Barcelona, Spain to Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland (self-driving)
Leg 10: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland to Riga, Latvia
Leg 11: Riga, Latvia to London, England, UK
Leg 12: London, England, UK to Miami, Florida, US
Finish line: Regatta Park, Miami, Florida, US

5 continents, 10 countries and 39,000 miles (2 new countries)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:34:59 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Returning racers seasons I would like to have:
~A season of early boots.
~A season of teams with high averages.
~A season of teams from classic TAR, racing with new race mechanics (i.e. U-turn, EP, 2-roadblock-leg) Also, they're older compared to their original runs.
~A season of teams eliminated by a U-turn.
~A season of winners, probably as a grand finale to the TAR franchise (which I hope won't be happening soon!).
~A season of teams eliminated by navigation issues.
~A season of teams eliminated by a penalty.

Gimmick season wishlist, since TAR loves them recently: :P
~A season of teams with racers that are 40 or older. (Most, if not all, of us wanna see "more experienced" racers, right?)
~A season of teams with racers who have disabilities. (Definitely a tough one to cast, but it would be inspiring to watch.)
~A season of "unfit" teams. (Imagine before-and-after images of them before the race and after the race, but that's probably about it. :|)
~A season of artists. (We can have painters, sculptors, musicians, filmmakers, etc.)
~A season of immigrants racing in the US, or North America. (By immigrants, I mean people who have lived in the US for less than the required number of years. I know there's a rule like that before you can apply. Unlikely to happen after TAR8, but it's still cool I think.)
~A season of teams with racers who have appeared on gameshows before. (I'm not even sure if I'll like this idea. :funny: Probably easy to cast I guess? My idea is someone who has competed in Minute to Win It, Jeopardy, Family Feud, etc.)

I do think that TAR should take a break from gimmicks, but I think my ideas can have a diverse enough cast. Some of them might not even need recruits.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
MY TAR31 wishlist (updated)
Starting Line: Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, United States
Leg 1: Los Angeles, United States-Nadi, Fiji
Leg 2: Nadi, Fiji-Suva, Fiji
Leg 3: Suva, Fiji-Melbourne, Australia
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia-Gold Coast, Australia
Leg 5: Gold Coast, Australia-Taipei, Taiwan
Leg 6: Taipei, Taiwan-Chengdu, China
Leg 7: Chengdu, China-New Delhi, India
Leg 8: New Delhi, India-Mumbai, India
Leg 9: Mumbai, India-Durban, South Africa
Leg 10: Durban, South Africa-Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 11: Cape Town, South Africa-Havana, Cuba
Leg 12: Havana, Cuba-Orlando, United States

Finish Line: Orange County Courthouse, Orlando, United States

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
As much as I want to see Oceania again, especially a new coutry like Fiji, I'd rather not have a Europe-less race with 8xOceania & Asia  :cmaslol

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
I don't have an entire route, but I'd love to see Finland or Sweden. If I'm not mistaken, neither country has been featured in a while. A Finnish language task would be pretty funny.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
These are new or underused countries I would like to see in the upcoming seasons.

The Americas:
Venezuela, Guyana, and Suriname. I know Venezuela might be a big no-no, but they are soooo close to finishing all South America. These are the only three countries that are left. TARLA 2 went to Venezuela, but I think TAR US might avoid it.
Canada: They need to visit here again as a first leg or penultimate. Canada is the most visited country to not hold a pit stop before.
Costa Rica: A country that hasn't been visited since TAR 8, they need to explore Central American more.
Belize: They should really go back and look at canceled leg locations and use them.
Jamaica and Dominican Republic: Two island nations that one is under visited and one has been seen in TARLA
Peru: Machu Picchu

Oceania:
Australia: Just go to Melbourne and Tasmania
Fiji: A nice tropical location that will make it the third Oceanian country to be visited.

Europe:
Latvia: Finish all the the Baltic States
Slovakia: How have they been to the Czech Republic and not Slovakia yet.
Finland: Needs a Pit Stop
Vatican City: They could do a whole leg in Rome and end here to make up the unused Fast Forward not used in TAR 1.
All of the former Yugoslavia countries: An underused region of TAR

Africa:
South Africa: Why have they avoided this country for so long.
Kenya: Don't know for safety concerns, but what they did to Kenya in TAR 5 is one of the worst things the race has done.
Tunisia: I know it might be a bit iffy, but it is the only country visited in the first season that has been never visited again.
Mali: Go to Timbuktu

Asia:
Jordan: Pit Stop at Petra.
Qatar: FIFA World Cup 2022 host
Laos: Same as Belize
Kyrgyzstan: Being visited in Hamerotz Lamillion 6, this country has grown safe over the years and we need more of Central Asia
Nepal: They should really visit here.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I really want to see another ferry/ship travel to a different country at the start of a leg.

When's the last time we had that, anyway?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
I really want to see another ferry/ship travel to a different country at the start of a leg.

season 29 right? They went from Italy to Greece by sailing I believe.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

season 29 right? They went from Italy to Greece by sailing I believe.

They flew first, then took the ferry.

The latest one I can remember is sailing from Italy to Malta in Season 25.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I'm really glad that these past two seasons they did some countries that were undervisited. I really hope that they do more of Korea since there's so much there and you can get direct flights to and from all around the US, so it would be good starts/finales. Would love to see Busan when they go back, or if they go back to Seoul that they also do Incheon. I would also really love a double leg here.

I think in general they need to visit more locales that haven't been visited. For example, they keep visiting Tokyo and Osaka in Japan, when they could visit Sapporo, Okinawa, Fukuoka, etc. China too, I wish they'd stop overusing the big cities and visit Chongqing or Qingdao, both of which have nonstops to the US. Also think they should visit Lhasa and Urumqi. With Indonesia, I'd like to see Indonesian Borneo, Sumatra, and Indonesian Papua. I'm really glad they went to Chiang Mai this season and stepped away from Bangkok and Phuket, they need to do that more. With Vietnam, I'd love to see Hoi An, Da Nang, Phu Quoc, Sapa, or Nha Trang. I hope when they revisit Taiwan that they go to Kaohsiung, an absolutely beautiful season. In Cambodia, I'll say this: everyone here wants a revisit to Siem Reap, but having just visited Siem Reap, there's really not much to do there outside of Angkor Wat, which they've already visited. I guess they could do something on the Pub Street and then head in the morning to Sihanoukville. Philippines needs to be visited more, would like to see a visit to Cebu. Mongolia is long overdue, but I understand due to costs of getting to Mongolia, it's very difficult.

Moving away from that part of Asia—India, they really need to visit Goa, Bengaluru, Pune, Hyderabad, the Indian Himalayas, and so much more. Come on with Nepal! Even Phil says he wants it. Next time they go to Bangladesh, they should mix it up a bit and go to Chittagong. Maldives would be a great pseudo-South Central Asia leg. I'd like to see more Abu Dhabi and less Dubai, and maybe visits to Sharjah, or a quick dip into Oman's Mussandam region (only a few hour drive from Dubai). Glad that they went to Bahrain, but would also like to see Jordan, Lebanon and Qatar. I would LOVE a visit to Iraqi Kurdistan (it's actually very safe and easy to visit). I hope they do more Central Asia, like Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, etc. I think they need to step away from Istanbul in Turkey and go visit Cappadochia.

I think a return to Egypt is overdue, maybe this time go to Hurghada, Sharm el-Sheikh, Aswan or Alexandria (I'd also really love for them to visit Abu Simbel). Ethiopia is long overdue. Kenya needs a redo, and I don't know why they haven't visited it for an actual leg. We can all agree on South Africa. Zimbabwe was nice, but that was twice within four seasons, and I'd rather see countries that haven't been visited yet or at least in a long time. Cote d'Ivoire and Togo are great ideas to visit. I'm really glad that the visits to Morocco have mostly been diverse, but would love to see Rabat or Casablanca, although I think we need more time before visiting Morocco again. Tunisia is due for a revisit, they could visit Carthage and do Carthaginian Tasks while there. A final leg in Cape Verde would be great, as there are flights to Boston, or even if it was earlier, they could fly to Brazil.

Now Europe. Eastern Europe is undervisited. Everywhere. I'm glad every time they've done Greece they've stepped away for Athens for part of the leg, but would also like to see Thessaloniki and the Greek Islands. I hope when they return to Romania they do an actual leg in Bucharest or maybe something new like Cluj-Napoca. Russia needs less Moscow (maybe a visit to Vladivostok?). Germany needs less Munich, more Frankfurt, Cologne, Baden-Baden, Nuremberg, Dusseldorf, etc. They've been pretty good about mixing Italy up. France too, although I'd like to see a visit to Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon or Marseille—they could do a leg where they start in Basel, Switzerland and then end in Strasbourg. We need less London. Spain has been pretty diverse, nothing is really overvisited, and I'm overall surprised we haven't seen Madrid, but I'd like to see Ibiza and Alicante.

South America—less Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. More visits to everywhere else in South America. Would like to see Suriname. Not much more to say, considering they mostly just visit Brazil, Argentina and Chile EGGPLANT(although a visit to Recife in Brazil would be a nice change of pace).

Central/North America—honestly not too unhappy, but maybe it's because I'm American and it's all close to home. If they do Mexico, they should stay away from Mexico City and Cancun.

Oceania—just overall more. Stay away from Sydney. Would love to see Fiji (one of my favorite countries I've been to), Tonga, Palau, and Vanuatu. Go back to Perth, a new visit to Melbourne (hi Bourkie!), Tasmania, some Great Barrier Reef since it's dying, etc. Papua New Guinea would be cool, but it's pretty dangerous, so probably not happening.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:06:03 PM by nrh2110 »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I swear, if any other TAR goes to Sydney, I'm gunna have a MASSIVE FIT!!!  :crybabe:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish they would do a leg fully with public transportation in one of the Asian metropolis leg.
Like Tokyo, Shanghai or Osaka. It would be hard as hell for teams who do not speak foreign languages.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish that some countries visited in the F5 or F4 get visited the next time while there are still a lot of teams racing. For example, South Korea and the Philippines has always been visited in the F4. I wanna see it with 9 to 11 teams still racing. Also, Hong Kong usually gets visited in the F4. Out of 5 visits from the US franchise, 4 of them are already at the F4 stage. I'd like to see a Hong Kong leg early in the race.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
I wish that some countries visited in the F5 or F4 get visited the next time while there are still a lot of teams racing. For example, South Korea and the Philippines has always been visited in the F4. I wanna see it with 9 to 11 teams still racing. Also, Hong Kong usually gets visited in the F4. Out of 5 visits from the US franchise, 4 of them are already at the F4 stage. I'd like to see a Hong Kong leg early in the race.

seconded. Seoul is an amazing city but for their next visit they should focus on Busan. I'm pretty sure they can have like a roadblock on a shopping spree in (what I believe to be) the largest supermarket in the world in Busan. In addition to this they could also host tasks on Korean culture and what not.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

As of which, Japan and Cambodia usually visit on the early stages in westward race route. Cambodia is never done in eastward race. We should have Spain midway between South Africa and Finland.