Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538722 times)

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #3700 on: September 05, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »
It's a great route, although I'd prefer an additional Guatemalan Leg in Antigua/Atitlan
Additionally, the huge time gap between the two flights on Leg 1 is logistically less than idea
The Colombian and Asian Legs look incredible tho <3

Just realized I completely goofed those first two flights! Fixed that. Which of the double legs should be nixed for a double Guatemalan leg?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #3701 on: September 06, 2017, 03:36:36 AM »
I guess Colombia could do with just one leg, since it was visited recently. :P

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3702 on: September 06, 2017, 04:05:15 PM »
I guess Colombia could do with just one leg, since it was visited recently. :P
But two Legs in Colombia, especially in as exotic locales as the ones in the route, would still be refreshing considering it's barely been visited, too.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3703 on: September 06, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »
And something I've always wanted TAR to do if they ever go to Guatemala City is to have teams use the Mapa en Relieve to find their next destination.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3704 on: September 06, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »
Yeah, I've thought about it, and Taiwan, although an under-visited country, wouldn't stand out too much from other Asian visits.
So removing one of Taiwan's legs and keeping both of Colombia's would probably be best. :P

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3705 on: September 06, 2017, 11:40:54 PM »
So what I'm thinking is add the second Guatemala leg, then get rid of the Taipei leg. Then, in order to avoid having all the double legs within the first half of the race, move Comoros to between Spain and Poland/Czech Republic. Maybe get rid of the second leg in Czech Republic and give it to Oman?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3706 on: September 07, 2017, 07:14:20 AM »
Or just condense the Czechia legs to one and keep the rest of the route from the Comoros-on the same.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3707 on: September 30, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
I came up with a wish-list, seems a little farfetched but I put in a lot of thought into it:
Leg 1 : Juneau, USA to Vladivostok, Russia: [CONTINUING RACING]
2 RBs, one related to height and one involving some form of a water sport (as it is very cold over there it would be tough for the contestants to endure the frigid temperatures.) Starting line task can be something similar to the s23 finale. There can be one 'lost in translation task' which involves Cyrillic and Russian.

Leg 2 : Vladivostok, Russia: [ELIM 11]
One task related to ice fishing, and the preparation of ukha. One task in defrosting and shoveling away snow (Combine the latter and the former for a detour?). One roadblock in Russian military (golden horn harbour!) and if there is a paucity then some extreme Russian sport like tank biathlon (just for fun.)

Leg 3 : Vladivostok, Russia to Kyoto prefecture + Osaka, Japan: [ELIM 10]
One task related to ramen (showing the next location inside the ramen box?). One task related to japanese crafts and arts, another task involving the Japanese art of incense sticks. Possibly a RB at Namba Grand Kagetsu !! 'needle in the haystack' type of task at sanjusangendo??

Leg 4 : Osaka, Japan to Wellington, New Zealand: [ELIM 9]
Navigation based tasks on hills in wellington; task related to the hobbit because of Weta caves, and another task involving sign language (NZSL For the win!!). Then a task based on the haka, perhaps?

Leg 5 : Rotorua, New Zealand: [ELIM 8] 
A generic adventure based leg mostly revolving on physically demanding tasks. a shweeb race, bungee jumping, skydiving, scree runs, whitewater rafting, ziplines and skyline luges! New Zealand is a adventure junkie haven and I think that any one of these tasks can also be a FF.

Leg 6 : Rotorua, New Zealand to Cochin, India: [NON ELIM + UTURNx2]
A task involving the absurd popularity of coconut fibres in Kerala, another agrarian task (these 2 could be a detour). The participants can run the leg in traditional Malayali attire, and there can also be a detour on some martial art or a dance (both of which are known to be fast paced).

Leg 7 : Mumbai, India: [ELIM 7 + UTURN]
A fast paced city type leg, one task involving distributing lunchboxes (dabbawalas in Mumbai look em' up). A dance related task, and a culinary task. Then perhaps a crude oil task (mumbai high) or some beach related tasks.

Leg 8 : Mumbai, India to Dubrovnik, Croatia: [ELIM 6]
Tasks related to wine, kayaking, basically generic tourist activities in dubrovnik. Another task possibly related to GoT ? xD just kidding. some tasks involving searching the walls of dubrovnik, and perhaps making medicines in the Franciscan Church and monastery.

Leg 9 : Dubrovnik, Croatia to Dublin, Ireland: [ELIM 5]
Dance related tasks, a FF involving teams balancing upon balancing upon rolling barrels. Irish culture related tasks, maybe and of course one technological task.

Leg 10 : Dublin, Ireland to abidjan, cote'd'ivoire: [NON ELIM]
Task related to chocolate, task related to the rally cote'd'ivoire, and some rural challenges. I don't know, I had gotten dry by this point.

Leg 11 : Abidjan, Cote'd'Ivoire to Montevideo, Uruguay: [ELIM 4 + UTURNx2]
I don't know, really I was tired and I couldn't think of anything :P I thought of some gaucho related tasks and some surfing tasks and challenges; also some task related to music or the national instrument.

Leg 12 : Montevideo, Uruguay to Austin, Texas.

THERE YOU HAVE IT! the race expands over 6 continents so a majority of the Earth is covered. It's flawed, what do y'all think?

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
Starting Line: Statue of Liberty, USA

Leg 1: Cologne, Germany

Leg 2: Cape Town, South Africa

Leg 3: Maputo, Mozambique

Leg 4: Budapest, Hungary

Leg 5: Helsinki, Finland

Leg 6: New Delhi, India

Leg 7: Jaipur, India

Leg 8: Vientiane, Laos

Leg 9: Pakse, Laos

Leg 10: Siem Reap, Cambodia

Leg 11: Kyoto and Tokyo, Japan

Leg 12: Seattle, USA

What do you guys think?

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Route with 12 teams over 13 legs

Starting Line: Los Angeles Memorial Stadium
-Starting Line Task: Find a fan wearing a jersey with the Fijian flag among the crowd in the stands

Leg 1: Malolo Island, Fiji (EL- 12th place)
- Teams take 2 separate flights into Nadi, Fiji; they perform a task before signing up for chartered boats to Malolo Island departing the next morning.  Teams complete remaining tasks, including a Roadblock before checking in to the mat along one of the beaches.  Tasks themed around the beach/tropical setting

Leg 2: Nadi, Fiji (EL- 11th place)
-Teams return to Viti Levu Island, and complete the leg before checking in to the mat, in Nadi.  Possible 'scary' task- skydiving perhaps?  Tasks around Polynesian culture/cuisine(?).

Leg 3: Brisbane/Gold Coast, Australia (EL- 10th place)
-Teams fly into Brisbane Airport, pick up cars for first self driving leg.  Make their way to Gold Coast for the pit stop, completing tasks along the way.  Tasks out 'in the bush,' possible animal-related task

Leg 4: Yokohama, Japan EL- 9th place; W-turn)
-Fly in to Tokyo, make their way into Yokohama.  Tasks around the city's port status- traditional fishing, tasks dealing with trade/shipping, task around technology, tasks highlighting Japanese culture.

Leg 5: Chennai, India (NEL- 8 teams)
-Big culture shock leg, teams dealing with hustle and bustle of densely populated city, while trying to complete tasks unique to Indian lifestyle and culture.

Leg 6: Jerusalem/Masada, Israel (EL- 8th place)
-Fly into Tel Aviv; teams given designated drivers for the duration of their stay in Israel.  Tasks in Jerusalem- possible stop at the Temple Mount (clue only), teams finish the leg by climbing up to the top of Masada, check in to pit stop at the summit.

Leg 7: Netanya, Israel (EL- 7th place)
-Teams return to Jerusalem for the pit start, race along coastal Israel before checking in at the mat located in Caesarea.

Leg 8: Budapest, Hungary (KOR- 6 teams)
-Perform various tasks relating to Hungarian language and culture; switchback of the infamous soup eating roadblock rears it's head.  Teams handed their next clue upon checking in at the mat.

Leg 9: Midtjylland, Denmark (EL-6th place; W-turn)
-Another self-driving leg; teams arrive in Copenhagen and make their way to the mainland.

Leg 10: Cotonou, Benin (NEL- 5 teams)
-Teams instructed to take same flight path due to limited flights; rural African leg

Leg 11: Cotonou/Porto Novo, Benin (EL- 5th place)
-Urban African leg

Leg 12: Madrid/Toledo, Spain (EL- 4th place)
-Teams instructed to take same flight path due to limited flights; tasks could include serving tapas (translation task), military based task in Toledo.

Leg 13: Philadelphia, PA, USA (Finale- 3 teams)
-Historical tasks, Philly cheesesteak task, memory challenge.  Possible finish line inside of Independence Hall?

If you wanted it to fit the format of 11 teams and 12 legs: remove either the Hungarian or Danish leg, and make the 2nd Israeli leg an NEL/KOR.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'd love the Intersection to return, particularly during the F4 or Penultimate Leg with the Detour being the final challenge of Leg 11. Just imagine the tense racing when teams are battling it all out for a spot in the Finals.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
Starting Line: Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco

Leg 1: Osaka and Kyoto, Japan EL

Leg 2: Vladivostok, Russia EL

Leg 3: Harbin, China EL

Leg 4: Koror, Palau KOR

Leg 5: Palau EL, W-UTURN

Leg 6: Siem Reap, Cambodia EL

Leg 7: Vienna, Austria NEL

Leg 8: Heraklion, Greece EL W-UTURN

Leg 9: Cotonou, Benin KOR

Leg 10: Lome, Togo EL

Leg 11: Dublin, Ireland EL

Leg 12: Boston and Newport, USA

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Yeah, I've thought about it, and Taiwan, although an under-visited country, wouldn't stand out too much from other Asian visits.
So removing one of Taiwan's legs and keeping both of Colombia's would probably be best. :P
When I traveled to Taiwan last summer, I took a guided bus tour up to Keelung City and along the northern coast. Beautiful hills with buildings and points of interests adapted into the terrain (Jiufen Old Street, Zhongzheng Park), numerous fishing and crabbing villages spread along the slopes with family-run shops, the seemingly glamorous Tamsui district and Lover's Bridge, the islet into Yehliu Geopark was like a forest blended in with Arizonan Red Rock sandstone, and I also was told and then researched about the dark culture behind those betel nut kiosks planted along the rural roadsides. So many vantage points and a more diverse look into Taiwan. I am surprised The Amazing Race has yet to travel into that region.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Taiwan needs a "country" leg. I researched the air options thinking we might see it on 30, and the "other" airport has surprisingly good air connections.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Another route:

Start: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Leg 1: Guatemala City/Tikal, Guatemala (EL- 12th place)
-Chartered overnight buses to Tikal

Leg 2: Arequipa, Peru (EL- 11th place)
-Leg stays in/around town

Leg 3: Puno (Lake Titicaca), Peru (EL- 10th place)
-Self drive through the Andes to the shores of Lake Titicaca

Leg 4: Lisbon/Faro, Portugal (EL- 9th place; W-turn)
-Another self driving leg; teams given diesel trucks (Dieselgate Redux)

Leg 5: Cape Verde Islands (NEL- 8 teams)
-Ferry from Praia to one of the neighboring islands

Leg 6: Praia, Cape Verde (EL- 8th place)
-Return to Praia via ferry; finish the leg in town

Leg 7: Stockholm/Uppsala, Sweden (EL- 7th place)
-Teams take the train to Uppsala

Leg 8: Riga, Latvia (NEL- 6 teams)
-Ferry across the Baltic Sea to Latvia

Leg 9: Muscat, Oman (EL- 6th place; W-turn)
-Self drive around Oman

Leg 10: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KRL- 5 teams)
-Urban leg focusing on public transport

Leg 11: Malacca, Malaysia (EL- 5th place)
-Bus to Malacca region; leg in the countryside

Leg 12: Osaka/Kobe/Himeji, Japan (EL- 4th place)
-Train travel and public transit; pit stop either in or overlooking Himeji Castle

Leg 13: Houston, Texas, USA (Finale- 3 teams)
-Train to Tokyo for direct flight from Narita

Reducing to 11 teams over 12 legs:
Merge 2 Malaysian legs into 1
Turn Portugal (8th place), Sweden (6th place), and Oman (5th place) legs into NEL/KRLs
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:10:10 PM by DavidJunior »

CocoNuts

How's this?

Starting Line:LA, CA (Walt Disney Concert hall????)
Leg-1 Manila, Philippines (culture tasks)
Leg-2 Baguio, Philippines (rice, volcano, ruins, pig/jig type tasks)
Leg-3 Koror, Palau (Survivor, Jellyfish, shipwreck tasks)
Leg-4 Siem Reap, Cambodia (Angkor Wat, Weird Food tasks)
Leg-5 Doha, Qatar (Flyboarding, Arabic Art and culture tasks)
Leg-6 Cape Town, South Africa (Wet/Wild dt, Diamond rb, Waterfront, Charity tasks)
Leg-7 Port Elizabeth, South Africa (Bungee jump rb, penguin, wildlife tasks)
Leg-8 Stockholm, Sweden (Vikings, Swedish pop tasks)
Leg-9 Rovaniemi, Finland (Christmas, Reindeer tasks)
Leg-10 Zurich & Basel, Switzerland (Chocolate, Skiing, Coco Clocks tasks)
Leg-11 Nassau & Freeport, Bahamas (Double Leg, Atlantis tasks in Nassau, and Pirate, Beach, Culture tasks in Freeport) TAR 22 SB
Leg-12 Orlando, Florida (Disney tasks)

what ya think???

the first three legs r up in the air atm...

They maybe Fiji-Australia-Australia or something like that
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:20:34 AM by CocoNuts »

CocoNuts

Really need some help here guys... Which route is the best? Which is the worst? PM me ur picks!!! Also, pm me for more info on routes/info on what it's for.

Route 1
Leg-1 (United States→Colombia)
Leg-2 (Colombia→Denmark)
Leg-3 (Denmark→Nigeria)
Leg-4 (Nigeria→Togo)
Leg-5 (Togo→Switzerland)
Leg-6 (Switzerland→Bosnia & Herzegovina)
Leg-7 (Bosnia & Herzegovina→Qatar)
Leg-8 (Qatar→Cambodia)
Leg-9 (Cambodia→Samoa)
Leg-10 (Samoa→China)
Leg-11 (China)
Leg-12 (China→United States)

Route 2
Leg-1 (United States→Australia)
Leg-2 (Australia→Laos)
Leg-3 (Laos→India)
Leg-4 (India→Zimbabwe)
Leg-5 (Zimbabwe→Zambia)
Leg-6 (Zambia)
Leg-7 (Zambia→Finland)
Leg-8 (Finland→Belgium)
Leg-9 (Belgium→France→Andorra)
Leg-10 (Andorra→Spain→Brazil)
Leg-11 (Brazil→Trinidad & Tobago)
Leg-12 (Trinidad & Tobago→United States)

Route 3
Leg-1 (United States→Fiji)
Leg-2 (Fiji→Philippines)
Leg-3 (Philippines)
Leg-4 (Philippines→Singapore)
Leg-5 (Singapore→Laos)
Leg-6 (Laos→South Africa)
Leg-7 (South Africa→Swaziland)
Leg-8 (Swaziland→South Africa→Bulgaria)
Leg-9 (Bulgaria→Croatia)
Leg-10 (Croatia→Ireland)
Leg-11 (Ireland→The Bahamas)
Leg-12 (The Bahamas→United States)

Hope to hear from all of you!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:29:14 PM by CocoNuts »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
All three make a really quick transition. I think the 1st one is my choice.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
I lean towards choice 3, followed by 2

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Choice 2 is great, as many underused/neverused countries are used!  :conf:

CocoNuts

I lean towards choice 3, followed by 2

thanks! Bosnia really ruins the first route.

CocoNuts

Choice 2 is great, as many underused/neverused countries are used!  :conf:

Thanks!

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Another possible route:

Starting Line: Los Angeles Area, CA, USA

Leg 1: Tokyo, Japan (EL- 12th place)
1st Roadblock- some other wacky Japanese game show (it's gimmicky, but the show likes to rely on it)- maybe climbing up slippery stairs?
Active Route Info at Tsukiji Fish Market
2nd Roadblock- Eat a bowl of natto

Leg 2: Melbourne/Tasmania, Australia (EL- 11th place)
Pull numbers for ferry departure to Tasmania next morning
Self-driving leg
Rural leg, involving tasks with animals (Tasmanian Devils?)

Leg 3: Tasmania/Melbourne, Australia (EL- 10th place)
Perform either Detour or Roadblock on Tasmania, before returning to Melbourne to finish the leg (similar to TAR 29 Leg 4 in Tanzania)

Leg 4: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei (EL- 9th place/W-turn)
Tasks around Brunei's unique culture and Islamic influence
Heavy use of water taxis
Water related tasks

Leg 5: Chennai, India (NEL- 8 teams)
Tasks involving Indian spice trade, among other tasks

Leg 6: Bangalore, India (EL- 8th place)
Train from Chennai to Bangalore
Roadblock having to write Kannada characters, among other tasks

Leg 7: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (EL- 7th place)
Tasks regarding the nomadic heritage of the region
Highlight the steppes of the region

Leg 8: Moscow, Russia (KRL- 6 teams/W-turn)
Standard Russian leg
Teams have to navigate around the city, fighting traffic and the extensive subway system

Leg 9: Nihzny Novgorod, Russia (EL- 6th place)
Train from Moscow to Nihzny Novgorod
Focus more on cutural/religious aspects of Russia

Leg 10: Podgorica/Bar, Montenegro (NEL- 5 teams)
Highlight the scenery of the country
Water polo task?

Leg 11: Almafi/Pompeii/Capri/Naples, Italy (EL- 5th place/W-turn)
Take ferry from Bar, Montenegro to Bari, Italy
Self driving leg
Visits to Almafi and Pompeii before arriving in Naples
Finish the leg in/near the Blue Lagoon on Capri?

Leg 12: Bath/Bristol, England/Cardiff, Wales (EL- 4th place)
Penultimate leg racing around South Western England
Finish in Cardiff

Leg 13: New Orleans, LA, USA (Finale- 3 teams)
Tasks around Creole/Cajun lifestyle/food
Visit to the French Quarter
Nod to Hurricane Katrina and the city's recovery from it- still felt to this day
Final memory task

If getting into and out of Kyrgyzstan would prove too difficult, it can be subbed for Amman, Jordan (desert themed tasks, visit to Petra included).

Also, to reduce to 11 teams and 12 legs- merge Indian legs, turn it into 7th place NEL

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Maybe should include Fiji on your wishlist route, David.

Here's the optional wishlist for TAR 31:

Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA to Nadi, Fiji
Leg 2: Nadi, Fiji to Melbourne, Australia
Leg 3: Melbourne, Australia (double city leg)
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia to Taipei, Taiwan
Leg 5: Taipei, Taiwan to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Leg 6: Siem Reap, Cambodia to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Leg 7: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to Moscow, Russia
Leg 8: Moscow, Russia to Saint Petersburg, Russia (overnight train via KOR/TBC)
Leg 9: Saint Petersburg, Russia to Ljubljana, Slovenia
Leg 10: Ljubljana, Slovenia to Genoa, Italy
Leg 11: Genoa, Italy to Lima, Peru
Leg 12: Lima, Peru to New Orleans, USA

5 continents, 10 countries and 33,000 miles (3 new countries)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:05:47 PM by claude_24hrs »

CocoNuts

I think Season 31 will feature:

~Fiji
One; Fiji has sponsored and Two; Survivor keeps going back because of budget and Three; would give us a promising Oceania leg!

~Taiwan
WAYYYYYYYYY overdue again and has been sponsoring

~Kyrgyzstan
Having been visited in the recent HaMerotz LaMillion season, would make for a good new country leg!

~Finland or Sweden
Both overdue (Sweden in S25 does NOT count in my books) for another visit and have sooooo much to offer!

~United Kingdom
there's always one over used country...