Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1546234 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I would love to see TAR do 11-leg races again.

I would love too see 13 legs again. The more legs the better, IMO!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'd take 11 great legs over 12 mediocre ones.

Not to mention the 11 leg seasons tended to be more creative - 12 had a bunch of random countries while 13 had a bunch of new and challenging tasks in old countries  :bunny

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster

Not to mention the 11 leg seasons tended to be more creative - 12 had a bunch of random countries while 13 had a bunch of new and challenging tasks in old countries  :bunny
Exactly!

Given TAR's continually declining ratings, CBS should just shorten the Race instead of cancelling :)

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
I made a custom leg for Season 31 with 13 legs

1. L.A. California --> Kingston, Jamaica   NEL
2. Kingston, Jamaica --> Barcelona, Spain
3. Barcelona, Spain --> Rome, Italy (Ends in the Vatican outside of St. Peters)
4. Rome, Italy     Blind Double U-turn
5. Rome, Italy --> Budapest, Hungary
6. Budapest, Hungary --> Nairobi, Kenya
7. Nairobi, Kenya   NEL
8. Nairobi, Kenya --> Colombo, Sri Lanka
9. Colombo, Sri Lanka --> Manila, Philippines   U-Turn
10. Manila, Philippines NEL
11. Manila, Philippines --> Brisbane, Australia
12. Brisbane, Australia --> Vancouver, Canada
13. Vancouver, Canada --> Seattle, Washington
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
That was 5 years ago.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
if someone do me route that has AregtinaX2 Brazil FranceX2 Germany RussiaX2 Aremina X2 Japan

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Good ol' TAR with no cast gimmicks please for TAR30. :hoot:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Going off of that, here's The Amazing Race 30: Keep Hope Alive edition. I did the research and gound that this fits #11legs21days like TAR 12 and 13 without a 'keep racing' leg.

LEG 1 - Los Angeles, CA to Tokyo, Japan
LEG 2 - to Tokyo, Japan

So...this is equal parts #budget and trying to get a good Tokyo leg in (for perspective, the city has been visited 4 times and had 0 good legs welp)

LEG 3 - to Vang Vieng, Laos
90% sure this leg exists but still! Bus sides in SE Asia tend to be great (if TAR 1, 2 and 19 aren't enough then TARA 1 <3) and this necessitated a roughly 10 hour one yay

LEG 4 - Ein Gedi, Israel
So this really could be done anywhere in the Middle East (Al Wafrah in Kuwait <3 Jebel Sands in Oman <3 Petra <3) but this set of countries works with Israel so here we are! NEL bc there are camels :)

LEG 5 - Eindhoven, Netherlands
Teeeeeeeechnically this is the only Eurpean leg so I see no reason for it not to be somewhere. Let it be the gnome leg assuming we still do these things, given them a car in AMS and let the fun commence  :bunny

LEG 6 - Ilulissat, Greenland
LEG 7 - Sisimiut, Greenland

I don't know i it's truly possible to make two legs in Greenland but if we can somehow manage two legs in:
- the Botswanan bush
- Swedish/Norwegian Lapland
- (ostensibly two in) Zanzibar
- Sabah in Malaysua

then two in Greenland shouldn't be an issue. The -second- of the two starts with an ~*Intersection*~ and charter helicopters and like...two ARIs followed by a regular Detour, RB,and NEL <3

LEG 8: Mahebourg (but really most of), Mauritius
So this was a fun leg originally in TAR 10 with the teams being routed several thousand miles out of the way just to get there <3 followed by manual drive <3 on the left side <3 aaaaand this leg basically does all of that AND eliminated someone too  :bunny

LEG 9: Malkerns, Swaziland
So the only way teams are able to fly this route is by waiting 10 hours at JNB but...that's Subsaharan Africa amirite? This ends up a self-drive leg even though it's a small distance because...

LEG 10: Johannesburg, South Africa
...they get to DRIVE to Johannesburg which is enough to have a night leg for the first time...ever? Johannesburg is a global city with plenty of history, which means we can treat it like Paris or London or Rome, to say nothing of how those legs actually turned out.

LEG 11: Atlanta, GA
At first this was solely to have the finish line on top of Stone Mountain but that's asking for a lawsuit so...peach's house? :) There's plenty of things to do since they did all of three things last time? In my mind there's a clue that sends them to one if the numerous Peachtrees because I'm terrible and, assuming CBS wouldn't mind the competition, a task at CNN. <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Not exactly a wish, but it would be so cool to have a season full of teams with both members of the team having the same name. :lol:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
My sister has a friend who got me some inside route-spoilers. The people who make the route nd design the tasks are considering these 4 countries for if 30 does happen: Switzerland, Germany, Japan, Australia. If its true, these places should make up about 6 legs

This sounds interesting. Switzerland should have one leg, Germany could have two, Japan could only have one and Australia MUST have two!

Anyway, this sounds good!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
My wishes right now is that:

1. Amazing Race gets renewed for more seasons until it reaches the 100-country visit. Currently it stands at 88 countries.

2. It gets a way better timeslot, this is a family show.

3. Get major sponsors again, like Hertz car rental company for self-driving involved legs.

4. Cast a combination of "normal" people and a few "famous" people into the mix with diversity (Asians, Hispanics, African-Americans, European descent). We need moms, middle-aged married people, grandparents, astronauts, chefs, plus-size people, military-related people, olympians. It must be relatable to all age demographics, shapes, race, etc..

5. Aggressive marketing on part of the producers to get the show buzzing.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Not to mess with the wishlist, but we just had 4 military related people this season (and 2 cops if that counts).

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
i wish we have new africa countries like Uganda .

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
i wish we have new africa countries like Uganda .

The reason why TAR doesn't go to Africa, is because the countries are pretty dangerous. Some countries also have some terrible diseases.

Still, it's a very good cheap place to visit.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not to mess with the wishlist, but we just had 4 military related people this season (and 2 cops if that counts).

We also had a butcher and a professional snowboarder :tup:

Also regarding Africa there are a handful of countries that just Are Not Safe to visit but I think the greater issue is that there's little infrastructure in many of them (and in fact some of them are rather expensive because of it). I would say Uganda is a good country safe for their worrysome stances on human rights but that's a separate issue.

Rwanda, Benin/Togo, Lesotho and Swaziland (the latter two with South Africa) would be great to host two legs IMO. You could even squeak out a leg or two in Kenya or Egypt if planned properly.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
A double leg in Dakar, Senegal then The Gambia would be cool.

Dakar would be a manic leg with another homage to Īle de Goree. The Gambia would visit the beach and have a bird watching task in Marrakissa.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A double leg in Dakar, Senegal then The Gambia would be cool.

Dakar would be a manic leg with another homage to Īle de Goree. The Gambia would visit the beach and have a bird watching task in Marrakissa.

Honestly I think there's juuuuust enough to have a full leg at Īle de Goree (maybe start with a Switchback to the salt harvesting at Lac Rose) and then a chaotic leg in Dakar.

That said my dream involves teams using ground transportation to travel between two African countries (or two Asian ones...or two South American ones...or two *North* American ones)  :bunny

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Speaking of African countries, TAR should return to Tunisia one day. It was last visited on the inaugural season.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Japan Germany swizerland
= Tar 22 + Tar 26 again  :groan:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
That was 5 years ago.

so?

Idk it's just complimenting someone 5 years later it's kinda funny. Unless you meant it to showcase them.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thinking about TAR29's individuals twist, I think it will be adapted by other franchises soon. I hope to see it soon on other franchises.

Meanwhile, imagine the same twist on an all-star season, wherein there are 22 former racers who are not racing with their partner from their original season, and their partner is not with them in the all-star season too. However, instead of only first impressions, racers will also have to consider how well their fellow all-star racers did in their original season.

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
Japan Germany swizerland
Seasons 14, 18, 22, and 26 have all visited at least two of those countries before (14 & 22 in Switzerland and Germany; 18 in Switzerland and Japan; 26 in Germany and Japan) and if its the same with 30, than its a pattern of every four seasons.
Some more countries that they are considering:
● India
● Netherlands
● Austria
● Taiwan
I asked my sister to tell them to consider Cambodia, Philippines, & Kenya but I dont know of that will work

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Japan Germany swizerland
Seasons 14, 18, 22, and 26 have all visited at least two of those countries before (14 & 22 in Switzerland and Germany; 18 in Switzerland and Japan; 26 in Germany and Japan) and if its the same with 30, than its a pattern of every four seasons.
● India
● Netherlands
● Austria
● Taiwan
I asked my sister to tell them to consider Cambodia, Philippines, & Kenya but I dont know of that will work

i don`t believe you untill film start

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Japan Germany swizerland
● India
● Netherlands
● Austria
● Taiwan

Ngl I don't believe you.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

I'd like to see Kawasaki and Chiba in Japan, Melbourne and Brisbane in Australia, Frankfurt in Germany and Zurich in Switzerland.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:47:57 PM by georgiapeach »