Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538677 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Geez, that time and date clock can do EVERYTHING!

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
Starting Line: New York, USA

Leg 1: Bridgetown, Barbados EL
Leg 2: Rovaniemi, Finland ZHPS
Leg 3: Helsinki, Finland DOUBLE U-TURN, EL
Leg 4: Mykonos, Greece EL
Leg 5: Tirana and Berat, Albania EL
Leg 6: Seoul, South Korea ZHPS
Leg 7: Jeju City, South Korea EL
Leg 8: Taipei, Taiwan EL
Leg 9:  Melbourne, Australia DOUBLE U_TURN, EL
Leg 10: Gold Coast, Australia NEL
Leg 11: Nadi, Fiji EL
Leg 12: San Francisco, USA
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:59:38 PM by TARmap »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
On behalf of Christmas celebrations today, I created a celebrations-inspired leg!

STARTING LINE: Rockefeller Center, Manhattan, New York
Starting Line Task: After party blasters begin to cannon over a thousand pieces of paper confetti, teams must find an airport name (LaGuardia, JFK, Newark; 4 of each w/ one leftover) on one of the strips to trade for airplane tickets traveling into Munich from that specific airport.
Leg 1 (United States --> Germany) | flight to Munich, charter bus signup to Tegernsee, May Day
Leg 2 (Germany --> Sweden) | flight to Stockholm, Saint Lucia Day
Leg 3 (Sweden --> Finland) | ferry to Turku, flight to Rovaniemi, Christmas Village
Leg 4 (Finland --> Poland) | flight to Krakow, Hanukkah
Leg 5 (Poland- -> Bulgaria) | flight to Sofia, charter flight sign-ups to Burgas, Midsummer Eve
Leg 6 (Bulgaria --> Israel) | flight to Tel Aviv, drive to Jerusalem, Christian pilgrimage
Leg 7 (Israel --> Nepal) | flight to Kathmandu, Maha Shivaratri
Leg 8 (Nepal --> China) | charter bus through Himalayas to Lhasa, Tibet, Losar
Leg 9 (China) | flight to Chengdu, Sichuan, Chinese New Year
Leg 10 (China --> Easter Island, Chile) | flight to Hanga Roa, just 'cause the country name AKA ran out of holidays ;)
Leg 11 (Easter Island, Chile --> Mexico) | flight to Merída, Yucatán, Día de los Muertos
Leg 12 (Mexico --> United States) | flight to New Orleans, Mardi Gras
FINISH LINE: St. Joseph Sugar Plantation, Vacherie, Louisiana

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie
On behalf of Christmas celebrations today, I created a celebrations-inspired leg!

Starting Line Task: After party blasters begin to cannon over a thousand pieces of paper confetti, teams must find an airport name (LaGuardia, JFK, Newark; 4 of each w/ one leftover) on one of the strips to trade for airplane tickets traveling into Munich from that specific airport.
Leg 1 (United States --> Germany) | flight to Munich, charter bus signup to Tegernsee, May Day
Leg 3 (Sweden --> Finland) | ferry to Turku, flight to Rovaniemi, Christmas Village
Leg 5 (Poland- -> Bulgaria) | flight to Sofia, charter flight sign-ups to Burgas, Midsummer Eve
Leg 6 (Bulgaria --> Israel) | flight to Tel Aviv, drive to Jerusalem, Christian pilgrimage
Leg 10 (China --> Easter Island, Chile) | flight to Hanga Roa, just 'cause the country name AKA ran out of holidays ;)
Leg 11 (Easter Island, Chile --> Mexico) | flight to Merída, Yucatán, Día de los Muertos
it's so cool. But there's  no fight from CHN to Chile. too far. And if they go Israel. they will hard to go some islamic countries at next time.... Chengdu is so nice! and Nepal is so amazing! :conf: 

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster

it's so cool. But there's  no fight from CHN to Chile. too far. And if they go Israel. they will hard to go some islamic countries at next time.... Chengdu is so nice! and Nepal is so amazing! :conf:

There's always transits and stopovers, so move on to a different airport first then to the destination airport.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Race should really visit Ibiza  :funny:. A detour involving Ibiza's Rave's would be the funniest thing :funny:. Then halfway during the leg take a short ferry to Formentera for a quiet Roadblock with culture and not drunk British people  :funny: :funny:.

Speaking of islands, Europe has tonnes. Recently we have seen a few with Sicily, Malta & Mallorca. But there are so many to choose from. The Spanish Canary Islands or the Portuguese Azores & Madeira. Even better would be visits to Greek Islands such as Rhodes, Mykonos & Santorini. I wouldn't mind seeing Cyprus aswell.

The Mediterranean houses many great treasures. A return visit to Croatia would be amazing as there are so many beautiful locations. maybe skip Dubrovnik and go to Split, Hvar or Pula. I hope they go to Plitvice Lakes NP. Montenegro & Albania are also great locations for legs. Other Balkan nations such as Serbia (Belgrade & Novi Sad), Bosnia (Mostar & Sarajevo) & Slovenia (Bled & Ljubljana) would be amazing.

What I've been wanting most out of Europe is a return to Romania. Visits to Bucharest, Brasov, Sibiu, Signisoara & Cluj. Such a beautiful and gothic country. BUDAPEST & PRAGUE! They haven't been visited since S6 and S15 respectively, they are the some of the most Beautiful cities and they deserve to been unraveled more. Also in the Czech Republic I'd Love to see the town of Česky Krumlov. Return visits to the Baltics would be lovely too, especially if it was Latvia.

Even in the more common countries there are tonnes of places begging for a visit or return.

Stockholm, Sweden (Biased its my favourite  :))
Bergen, Norway (Biased too)
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Helsinki, Finland
Iceland in General
Dresden, Germany (Despite S22's random & pointless visit)
Cologne, Germany
Rothenburg, Germany
Strasbourg, France
Boardeaux, France
Madrid, Spain
Florence, Italy
Puglia, Italy
Dublin, Ireland
York, United Kingdom
The Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom

Also this is super biased but they need to visit Ölüdeniz, Turkey. It's safe (Most of Turkey is despite the media). This place is stunning, there would obviously be a task Paragliding off the mountain which I was blessed to be able to do last year. A visit to the ghost town in Kayakoy, the Fethiye Fish Market and a pit stop at either the Blue Lagoon or in the Gorge at Saklikent National Park.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Race should really visit Ibiza  :funny:

If they visit Ibiza, they MUST do a task involving the song!  :funny:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
The race would visit Latvia as well. It is the only Baltic country has not yet visited. Riga is a nice place to go.

And even Bulgaria would be thrilled to go with beautiful older monasteries and orthodox churches. Places in Bulgaria like Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas or Varna are better to see.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:45:06 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
The race would visit Latvia as well. It is the only Baltic country has not yet visited. Riga is a nice place to go.

And even Bulgaria would be thrilled to go with beautiful older monasteries and orthodox churches. Places in Bulgaria like Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas or Varna are better to see.

HOW HAS LATVIA NOT BEEN VISITED!!!  :dick

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Do you mean I took a pill in Ibiza?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
For me any Mediterranean leg is a joy to see as it is one of my favorite European destinations. Spain, Greece, Croatia, Malta... Hoping for double legs in Spain in the future.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I have been to Riga many times in my life, with the most recent occasion in mid-December.
It is a very populated city and tasks in the old town region would provide an amazing chaotic urban leg!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I have been to Riga many times in my life, with the most recent occasion in mid-December.
It is a very populated city and tasks in the old town region would provide an amazing chaotic urban leg!

bet you would rather see Vilnius  :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Haha, surely, but I could see them thinking "what else is there unique that Vilnius can offer", while Riga would seem cool just by adding a new country in Latvia. :P

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster

Do you mean I took a pill in Ibiza?

yea

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
If the next season were to be an All Star season (this is purely hypothetical), what would you guys think about having vote for all the teams that are cast? So something similar to what they did for Survivor Cambodia Second Chance.

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
Leg 1: USA -> Australia [Non Elimination]  (Melbourne)
Leg 2: Australia [Elimination- 11th]  (Kalgoorlie)
Leg 3: Australia -> Fiji [Elimination- 10th/ Fast Forward]  (Suva)
Leg 4: Fiji -> Japan [Elimination- 9th]  (Osaka, Kyoto)
Leg 5: Japan -> Taiwan [Elimination- 8th/Double U-Turn]  (Taipei)
Leg 6: Taiwan -> Kenya [Non-Elimination]  (Nairobi)
Leg 7: Kenya [Elimination- 7th/ Fast Forward]  (Mombasa)
Leg 8: Kenya -> Cyprus [Elimination- 6th]  (Nicosia)
Leg 9: Cyprus -> Switzerland [Non-Elimination]  (Geneva, Bern)
Leg 10: Switzerland -> Belgium [Elimination- 5th/ Single U-Turn]  (Brussels)
Leg 11: Belgium -> Belize [Elimination- 4rth]  (Belize City, Caracas)
Leg 12: Belize -> United States [Final 3]

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
If the next season were to be an All Star season (this is purely hypothetical), what would you guys think about having vote for all the teams that are cast? So something similar to what they did for Survivor Cambodia Second Chance.
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2006/10/the-amazing-race-11-rejected_teams_react/

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Why did you post that 10-year-old article? ???

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I feel like TAR is presently on the 'throw it in the air and see if it sticks' course of routing, thus an unrealistic but still feasibly possible routing:

LEG 1 - Los Angeles, CA to Manila, Philippines
LEG 2 - to Atauro Is., East Timor1
LEG 3 - to Ainaro, East Timor [NEL]
LEG 4 - to Baku, Azerbaijan
LEG 5 - to Novi Sad, Serbia2,3 [KOR]
LEG 6 - to Herceg Novi, Montenegro
LEG 7 - to Amman, Jordan
LEG 8 - to Petra NP, Jordan [NEL]
LEG 9 - to Simisiut, Greenland, Denmark4
LEG 10 - to Newcastle, England
LEG 11 - to North Brabant province, Netherlands5
LEG 12 - to Seattle, WA

Notes-
1 - if I could find flights to Dili, then so could any reasonable travel agent TAR paid to stay open the entire night.  :)
2 - teams would fly from Baku to Belgrade and then drive themselves from there (not for long though lol)
3 - there is, conveniently enough, a daily bus from Novi Sad to Budva, which is close enough for teams to drive themselves (again!)
4 - actually viable and not -AS- aggressively expensive or difficult to do; Phil would definitely need a lead up before and some way to get ahead of teams afterward.
5 - teams travel by ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, then drive several hundred kilometers to get to Eindhoven for most of the leg and Biesbosch for the Pit Stop

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
With the whole Fiji and Taiwan sponsoring that one casting call, I made a route that features them that I would love for Season 30.

1. Nadi, Fiji
2. Melbourne, Australia (flights get in at late afternoon, giving time for a nightlife task)
3. Tasmania, Australia
4. Taipei, Taiwan (and other spots via train, Taiwan would want that)
5. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
6. Hyderabad, India (a pearl/diamond task to set it apart from other India legs)
7. Alexandria, Egypt
8. Prague, Czech Republic (and rural areas too)
9. Freetowne, Sierra Leone
10. Sierra Leone
11. Dublin, Ireland (and rural areas too)
12. Boston, USA

5 Continents, 10 Countries, and Over 32,000 Miles!

Spencer.LoL

I would like TAR explore more to japan. maybe took part in kabuki for detour, perform taiko for roadblock
or they can look for clue in mizu shobai district

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would like TAR explore more to japan. maybe took part in kabuki for detour, perform taiko for roadblock
or they can look for clue in mizu shobai district

The problem with Japan is, TAR have ruined it by going to Tokyo too many times

Spencer.LoL

The problem with Japan is, TAR have ruined it by going to Tokyo too many times

go north. northern japan is kinda another world to metropolis japan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:06:12 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
As ianthebalance suggested on his post above, a sponsorship from the casting call shown above that includes Fiji and Taiwan would include the route for season 30.

START: Pasadena City Hall, Pasadena, California, USA

1: Mamanuca Islands, Fiji (legs within tropical paradise in Malolo Lailai and Malolo Islands nearby; similar to Legs 1 & 2 of TAR 22 and Leg 1 of TAR 25) 1
2: Nadi, Fiji (possible rugby task in Lautoka)
3: Melbourne, Australia
4: Taipei, Taiwan
5: Siem Reap, Cambodia (revisit Angkor Wat and rural areas)
6: Port Elizabeth, South Africa (wildlife and water sports tasks)*
7: Cape Town, South Africa
8: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland (ice plunging and cross country skiing tasks in spring) 2^*
9: Brussels, Belgium (and nearby towns)
10: Madrid, Spain (TAR would get its first visit through the Spanish capital) ^
11: Dublin, Ireland
12: Seattle, Washington, USA (hasn't been visited since season 10)

5 continents, 10 countries and 35,000 miles

* - Self-driving leg
^ - Involves overnight train ride

1 - Teams would take a single provided flight from Los Angeles to Nadi with a scheduled departure time at 11:30 pm and arrive at 5:50 am. Once landing in Nadi, they must take one of three charter flights to Malolo Lailai Islands within 20-minutes apart
2 - Teams are told to travel by plane to Helsinki, Finland and would get their next clue at Helsinki Airport to take an overnight train to Finnish Lapland (think TAR 22)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:03:13 PM by claude_24hrs »