Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538327 times)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Cities and Places i will like to see.

Dublin, Ireland- Guiness storehouse
Madrid, Spain- Santiago Barnebeu
Milan, Italy- Teatro de Scalla
Liverpool, Uk- Cavern Club
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Given the above here's a route that might be of interest to some of you :)

Amazing Race 31: Honestly We Didn't Expect This Season to Exist edition

START: Los Angeles
Some things never change, but I think production will always, ALWAYS have a start or finish line in the LA area and I'd rather it be the start line and seen for five minutes than another subpar finish.

LEG 1: Singapore, Singapore
I never thought I'd be in a position to miss westward routes but here we are lol. Singapore is easily connected to LA and has enough to do, especially since previous visits had awful ratchet tasks, to warrant a fun starting leg.

LEG 2: Sylhet, Bangladesh
Teams would fly to Dhaka and take an overnight train to Sylhet, right before they're thrust into the tea industry. It's like the manual labor legs of TAR 21 except...only one instead of four yay!

LEG 3: Amman, Jordan
Initially this leg was going to be in Beirut (which incidentally is pretty safe though most of its sights warrant a night leg which I doubt production / insurance would go for  :snicker:) but as it turns out Amman is safer and easier to get to than most countries in this region and yet has more going for it taskwise than Dubai or Doha [/shade]. We haven't had a 'traditional' Muslim culture leg, just the occasional Route Info, but I figure it's a golden opportunity to show the rich culture of the area. Teams would finish around sunset atop the Citadel...

LEG 4: Petra National Park, Jordan
...where they're immediately told to leave <3. Charter buses would take teams into Petra, for a leg involving archaeology, ancient Jordanians, and of course, camels.

LEG 5: Freiburg, Germany
Germany has been visited in 8 seasons. Of those
- 6 have been in fall, and
- 5 have been in Bavaria

So why not have a summer leg in the Black Forest instead? Have teams fly to Frankfurt and then drive ~200km since that's now apparently possible in modern TAR. My kingdom for a cuckoo clock building Roadblock <3

LEG 6: Dakar, Senegal
West Africa we missed you!  :hearts: Your standard urban Africa leg - wait...there aren't really any standards for this - rather, a leg basically centered in Dakar proper, whereas the next leg

LEG 7: Goree Island, Senegal
...goes outside the city somewhat. There's definitely a trip to Lac Rose for a salt harvesting switchback (hopefully there are enough M/F teams where they can force all the women and one beta male to do it  :funny:) and then a trip across the city to Goree for what hopefully would be a better Detour / RI than what was found in TAR 6.

LEG 8: Porto, Portugal
Okay, so this is only partially because of RRAE 2 but even if it weren't, Porto's got enough going for it and the last visit to Portugal is long enough for people to forget that middling TAR 23 leg (I mean an archery Roadblock? REALLY?), to say nothing of the previous visit to Porto itself.

LEG 9: Malaga, Spain / Gibraltar, UK
As it turns out there's a single daily bus from Porto to Malaga (and plenty of opportunities to travel via Madrid and Seville via bus) and judging from the past few seasons that's the kind of route planning that production goes for. While initially this was going to end in the Alhambra, I figured that it would be far more chaotic to have teams go back and forth from Malaga to Granada and end up in St. Michael's Cave in Gibraltar.

LEG 10: Tasiilaq, Greenland
Funnily enough, this would work but the race would have to be so ridiculously micromanaged (which...is like pretty much every other season nowadays) as to get teams there. Teams would fly to Kulusuk and then take a helicopter ride to Tasiilaq for trips to glaciers, dog sledding and various other outdoor activities.

LEG 11: Kusuluk, Greenland
The time and cost spent to get into and out of Greenland pretty much requires two legs for it to be worth it. Somewhat more intellectual and cultural tasks to counter the previous leg (imagine that 'translate ancient Greek letters' task from TAR 9 but with the Viking language instead).

LEG 12: Minneapolis, MN
Initially this was going to be Boston but while there are several ways to get to Boston for a final leg (via Dublin, via New York, via Toronto), the only international flights of note for Minneapolis are from Iceland and Japan and I doubt anyone would want another horrible penultimate leg in Japan lol. Tasks about books, the greenspaces in the city, running, and hopefully enough other stuff that they don't have to rent out a sport stadium.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Canada 5 Wishlist (not from Canada, used Wikipedia for locations so maybe they suck lol)
Starting Line. Vancouver, British Columbia
1. Saquenay, Quebec
2. Trois-Rivieres, Quebec
3. Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador
4. Casablanca, Morocco
5. Fez, Morocco
6. Mississauga, Ontario
7. Manaus, Brazil
8. Amazon Rainforest, Brazil
9. Lethbridge, Alberta
10. Winnipeg, Manitoba
11. Churchill, Manitoba
12. Rankin Inlet, Nunavut

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And now for the successor to the route I posted earlier on this pace

Amazing Race 32: Fan Service Edition

START: Los Angeles, CA
meh.org

LEG 1: Banff National Park, Canada
So people can stop complaining about Canada not having a Pit Stop  :snicker: Banff also has the benefit of not having been visited on TAR Canada and hosting a kind of awful leg on TAR Aus 2, so hopefully they won't invite a bunch of comparisons to either <3

LEG 2: Vancouver, Canada
So people can stop complaining about Vancouver not being visited :snicker:

LEG 3: Sabeto Valley, Fiji
The FF would be to find out if [redacted] won Survivor 33 and [redacted] lol kidding
I feel like I want to see teams attempt to meke; if all else fails have a sandcastle switchback <3

LEG 4: Melbourne, Australia
So people can stop complaining about Australia not being visited recently or Melbourne not being visited at all.
Would it be too much to have a task involving Australian Rules football? I wonder.  :sab

LEG 5: Mumbai, India
So at first there weren't really a lot of ~urban~ legs (really just Vancouver and two that are to come) and while India has been visited fairly recently, Mumbai hasn't. As long as the leg takes place in daylight so as to prevent people getting groped on forms of transportation everything should be fine.

LEG 6: Beirut, Lebanon
After careful investigation I've come to the conclusion that Beirut is safe  :ascared I feel like there's bound to be tasks concerning Lebanese ~heritage~ and possibly fashion design, to contrast with

LEG 7: Jouineh, Lebanon
A nighttime leg in which teams drink and party and whatnot  :conf:

LEG 8: Copenhagen, Denmark
To contrast with the two summer visits, here's a visit in the cold, dark near-winter. This would lend itself nicely to a bunch of fun indoor tasks like industrial design or things involving Danish literature because there's apparently a lot who knew?

LEG 9: Villach, Austria
This would start off with a loooooong train ride to Vienna (which actually exists!) followed by product placed vehicles for teams to drive and play with falcons and flags and stuff.

LEG 10: Maseru, Lesotho
I'm going to assume that Lesotho would be safe in 19ish months so here we are. Hat dances, cultural living, etc.

LEG 11: West Rand, South Africa
Initially this was to be a leg in Johannesburg but then it turns out that just outside of Joburg proper there's a bunch of cool stuff that TAR hasn't explored at all - Cradle of Mankind, the meteor, well known game reserves, and other things.

LEG 12: Washington, DC
There's no better way to end a 'fan service' edition than to end basically in my backyard, especially since the TAR 22 leg was kind of horrific in terms of locations or tasks (like...Mt. Vernon is such a virtual race finish line y'know?). Because I'm a sadist at least part of the leg would require traveling on Metro  :funny:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is a Wishlist for S30 they're in brackets if you don't want route spoilers for S29 it will give clues for the route.

Show content
S30 Wishlist!

SL : Los Angeles, California 🇺🇸

1. Tasmania, Australia 🇦🇺
2. Melbourne, Australia 🇦🇺
3. Cebu City & Bohol, The Philippines 🇵🇭
4. Siem Reap, Cambodia 🇰🇭
5. Udaipur, India 🇮🇳
6. Rural Western Cape, South Africa 🇿🇦
7. Cape Town, South Africa 🇿🇦
8. Saint Petersburg, Russia 🇷🇺
9. Vienna, Austria 🇦🇹 / Bratislava, Slovakia 🇸🇰
10. Bratislava & Trencin, Slovakia 🇸🇰
11. Banff National Park, Canada 🇨🇦
12. Seattle, Washington 🇺🇸

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
And now for the successor to the route I posted earlier on this pace

Amazing Race 32: Fan Service Edition

START: Los Angeles, CA
meh.org

LEG 1: Banff National Park, Canada
So people can stop complaining about Canada not having a Pit Stop  :snicker: Banff also has the benefit of not having been visited on TAR Canada and hosting a kind of awful leg on TAR Aus 2, so hopefully they won't invite a bunch of comparisons to either <3

LEG 2: Vancouver, Canada
So people can stop complaining about Vancouver not being visited :snicker:

LEG 3: Sabeto Valley, Fiji
The FF would be to find out if [redacted] won Survivor 33 and [redacted] lol kidding
I feel like I want to see teams attempt to meke; if all else fails have a sandcastle switchback <3

LEG 4: Melbourne, Australia
So people can stop complaining about Australia not being visited recently or Melbourne not being visited at all.
Would it be too much to have a task involving Australian Rules football? I wonder.  :sab

LEG 5: Mumbai, India
So at first there weren't really a lot of ~urban~ legs (really just Vancouver and two that are to come) and while India has been visited fairly recently, Mumbai hasn't. As long as the leg takes place in daylight so as to prevent people getting groped on forms of transportation everything should be fine.

LEG 6: Beirut, Lebanon
After careful investigation I've come to the conclusion that Beirut is safe  :ascared I feel like there's bound to be tasks concerning Lebanese ~heritage~ and possibly fashion design, to contrast with

LEG 7: Jouineh, Lebanon
A nighttime leg in which teams drink and party and whatnot  :conf:

LEG 8: Copenhagen, Denmark
To contrast with the two summer visits, here's a visit in the cold, dark near-winter. This would lend itself nicely to a bunch of fun indoor tasks like industrial design or things involving Danish literature because there's apparently a lot who knew?

LEG 9: Villach, Austria
This would start off with a loooooong train ride to Vienna (which actually exists!) followed by product placed vehicles for teams to drive and play with falcons and flags and stuff.

LEG 10: Maseru, Lesotho
I'm going to assume that Lesotho would be safe in 19ish months so here we are. Hat dances, cultural living, etc.

LEG 11: West Rand, South Africa
Initially this was to be a leg in Johannesburg but then it turns out that just outside of Joburg proper there's a bunch of cool stuff that TAR hasn't explored at all - Cradle of Mankind, the meteor, well known game reserves, and other things.

LEG 12: Washington, DC
There's no better way to end a 'fan service' edition than to end basically in my backyard, especially since the TAR 22 leg was kind of horrific in terms of locations or tasks (like...Mt. Vernon is such a virtual race finish line y'know?). Because I'm a sadist at least part of the leg would require traveling on Metro  :funny:

Not India! It's just SO overused. By the way, the Detour options should be between Cricket or AFL. Love both of them!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Need Race courser That has TawainX2, Malaysiax2 Mongolia  MoroccoX2 Botswana GermanyX2 Sweden

so the race couser goes North American-Tawain-Malaysia-Mongolia-Botswana-Morocco-Germany-Sweden-North American

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Need Race courser That has TawainX2, Malaysiax2 Mongolia  MoroccoX2 Botswana GermanyX2 Sweden

so the race couser goes North American-Tawain-Malaysia-Mongolia-Botswana-Morocco-Germany-Sweden-North American

1. Taipei, Taiwan
2. Tainan/Kaohsiung, Taiwan
3. Kuching, Malaysia
4. Miri/various National Parks, Malaysia
5. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
6. Gabarone, Botswana
7. Casablanca, Morocco
8. Rabat, Morocco
9. Cologne, Germany
10. Dusseldorf, Germany
11. Lulea/Lappland area, Sweden
12. Boston, USA
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:54:14 PM by ianthebalance »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

can get one more of these

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
The countries that will NEVER be visited on The Amazing Race:
Greenland
Antarctica
North Korea
Cuba

Lol.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
is stonetown tanazia or Zanzibar

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
is stonetown tanazia or Zanzibar

Zanzibar, though the semi-autonomous region is part of Tanzania.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:11:17 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
1. Angeles, Philippines (from Los Angeles to Angeles)
2. somewhere on Luzon that is north of Angeles, Philippines
3. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
4. Doha, Qatar
5. Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Plovdiv, Bulgaria
7. Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
8. Montevideo, Uruguay
9. La Paz, Bolivia
10. Manaus, Brazil
11. Manaus, Brazil
12. Miami, USA

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
3. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
4. Doha, Qatar
5. Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Plovdiv, Bulgaria
8. Montevideo, Uruguay
9. La Paz, Bolivia
10. Manaus, Brazil
11. Manaus, Brazil
12. Miami, USA

Not Brazil again!  :gaah: It's been visited so many times!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:35:30 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
3. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
4. Doha, Qatar
5. Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Plovdiv, Bulgaria
8. Montevideo, Uruguay
9. La Paz, Bolivia
10. Manaus, Brazil
11. Manaus, Brazil
12. Miami, USA

But Manaus is the gateway to the Amazon Rainforest! THE AMAZON RAINFOREST!!!

And Brazil is one of the largest countries in the world (land-wise). It has many different regions, which includes the famous Amazon Rainforest that has never been visited.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:36:52 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
3. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
4. Doha, Qatar
5. Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Plovdiv, Bulgaria
8. Montevideo, Uruguay
9. La Paz, Bolivia
10. Manaus, Brazil
11. Manaus, Brazil
12. Miami, USA

And Brazil is one of the largest countries in the world (land-wise). It has many different regions, which includes the famous Amazon Rainforest that has never been visited.

Yeah I know, but don't you just think that it's an overused country? *** Conserating that other countries that have been visited a few times, I think it's time to reuse underused countries (like Sri Lanka!)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:37:39 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Réunion is part france or it own country

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Réunion is part france or it own country
It is a region of France, yes.

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
My ideal route:
1. Honolulu, Hawaii to Manila, Philippines
2. Manila to Legazpi, Philippines
3. Legazpi, Philippines to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
4. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia to Vladivostok, Russia
5. Vladivostok, Russia to Moscow, Russia
6. Moscow, Russia to Tel Aviv, Israel
7. Tel Aviv, Israel to Jerusalem, Israel
8. Jerusalem, Israel to Belgrade, Serbia
9. Belgrade, Serbia to Reykjavik, Iceland
10. Reykjavik, Iceland
11. Reykjavik, Iceland to La Paz, Bolivia
12.  La Paz, Bolivia to Denver, Colorado

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
11. Reykjavik, Iceland to La Paz, Bolivia
12.  La Paz, Bolivia to Denver, Colorado
I hope the racers don't get altitude sickness. :lol:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
3. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
4. Doha, Qatar
5. Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Plovdiv, Bulgaria
8. Montevideo, Uruguay
9. La Paz, Bolivia
10. Manaus, Brazil
11. Manaus, Brazil
12. Miami, USA

Yeah I know, but don't you just think that it's an overused country? *** Conserating that other countries that have been visited a few times, I think it's time to reuse underused countries (like Sri Lanka!)

Considering that Qatar, Bulgaria, and the region of Sardinia have never been visited and Mongolia, Uruguay, and Bolivia have only been visited once, I think the route definitely uses underused countries
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:39:44 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Everyone PLEASE remember that this is a discussion thread.

NO FUTURE spoilers are allowed to be mentioned AT ALL, so do be careful? Thank you!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
i need race start at Los Angles, Califonria  these countries Peru BoloviaX2 AregtinaX2  Sierra Leone Norwayx2 Switzerlandx2 ChinaX2 then back home to Denver,  Colorado

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
i need race start at Los Angles, Califonria  these countries Peru BoloviaX2 AregtinaX2  Sierra Leone Norwayx2 Switzerlandx2 ChinaX2 then back home to Denver,  Colorado

Does Sierra Leone have Ebola still?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Leg 1LA, California, USA-->Heilongjiang, ChinaF11NEL
Leg 2Heilongjiang-->Jilin, ChinaF11EL
Leg 3Jilin, China-->Ushuaia, ArgentinaF10NEL
Leg 4Ushuaia, Argentina-->Machu Picchu, PeruF10EL
Leg 5Machu Picchu, Peru-->La Paz, BoliviaF9EL
Leg 6La Paz-->Santa Cruz, BoliviaF8ZHPS
Leg 7Santa Cruz, Bolivia-->Salta, ArgentinaF8EL
Leg 8Salta, Argentina-->Mt. Bintumani, Sierra LeoneF7EL
Leg 9Mt. Bintumani, Sierra Leone-->Lucerne, SwitzerlandF6ZHPS
Leg 10Lucerne-->Winterthur, SwitzerlandF6EL
Leg 11Winterthur, Switzerland-->Fredrikstad, NorwayF5EL
Leg 12Fredrikstad-->Oslo, NorwayF4EL