Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538315 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
If they ever wish to cast (half-)celebrities onto the race, I hope that they cast Nick Palatas and/or Hayley Kiyoko and/or maybe Kate Melton from the 3rd and 4th Scooby Doo movies. Or they can get the voice actors as well e.g. Mindy Cohn and/or Grey Griffin and/or Matthew Lillard.  :cheer:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hi!!!! It's cold and dark at 5pm here so what better thing to do then to make a slightly less than speculative TAR 28 route  :hearts:

tl;dr version:
Show content
START - Los Angeles, CA
Leg 1 - Mexico City, Mexico
Leg 2 - Antigua, Guatemala
Leg 3 - Malaga & Granada, Spain
Leg 4 - Prague, Czech Republic
Leg 5 - High Tatras mountain range, Slovakia
Leg 6 - Petra National Park, Jordan
Leg 7 - Perth, Australia
Leg 8 - Mount Augustus, Australia
Leg 9 - Kratie, Cambodia
Leg 10 - Nantou County, Taiwan
Leg 11 - Taipei, Taiwan
FINISH - Los Angeles, CA

START - Angeles National Forest, CA
You may think of this as 'Los Angeles, CA' and that's okay; there's an actual reason beyond laziness. Start line challenge is either 'make a fire' or else just 'drive three hours to find LAX gl!'

Leg 1 - to Mexico City, Mexico
There are three major areas that have had a lack of coverage recently - Central America, the Middle East, and Australia. We haven't had an eastward *winter* season since TAR 20 AND the last time we had fewer than eight teams race in Oceania was TAR 9 (or 11), so we start close to home. If the Zimbabwe leg is an indication, then as long as teams are corralled enough to avoid the dangerous areas, they can race in certain less than ideal countries. House the leg entirely in Mexico City after a trip to to Teotihuacan for reasons and end it with a KOR and make up for TAR 3's okayish trip.

Leg 2 - to Antigua, Guatemala
I'm not planning on reinventing the wheel since the closest thing to Mayan culture we've gotten on TAR is the aforementioned trip to Teotihuacan (a lot of Incan heritage though...) but a standard ~jungle leg~ with the added bonus of people not dying of heat exhaustion.

Leg 3 - to Malaga & Granada, Spain
There are better ways to exhaust teams airportwise coming up, so I figure why not have a way to exhaust them through *other* means? A simple first clue of "Make your way to Granada" leads to actual Strategic Decisions (fly to Malaga? fly to Madrid? train? bus?) which continue as the leg bounces back and forth between the two cities since I couldn't decide which one I wanted to see lol.

Leg 4 - to Prague, Czech Republic
Night leg. Kafkablock Switchback.  :luvya:

Leg 5 - to Skalnate Pleso, Slovakia
TAR 28 proved that production somehow knows Slovakia exists. Rather than try to make a generic central Europe leg or simplify Slovak culture why not have the standard leg atop a Swiss mountain in the High Tatras of Slovakia instead? KOR because-

Leg 6 - to (Amman to) Petra National Park, Jordan
-I'm a terrible person :) To alleviate it this would be a sort of split leg, with an RB and ARI in Amman to separate teams enough to make departure times to Petra more contingent upon teams' abilities.

Leg 7 - to Perth, Australia
Standard beachy leg possibly with a gnome attached, and one which will hopefully make up for the product placement extravaganza from TAR 9.

Leg 8 - to Mount Augustus, Australia
Aw, you thought I was going to that other Big Red Thing? Nope :) Trains to get them reasonably close and then they get (Product Placement) vehicles, a bunch of fuel, a map, a compass, and a lot of prayer.

Leg 9 - to Kratie, Cambodia
I suspect Survivor 31 is helping a resurgence to Cambodia (if only the season weren't awful :() and I think after the previous leg, a leg in a place that is similarly rural but with different scope would be fun. NEL because I'm not heartless.

Leg 10 - to Nantou County, Taiwan
So full disclosure I was initially only having a leg here because of the Sitou Bamboo Forest and Sun & Moon Lake which are both GORGEOUS but it turns out Nantou County is a weird mix of traditional and modern and developed and wild, and has enough to do to warrant a full leg yay

Leg 11 - to Taipei, Taiwan
I don't know why we keep going to Japan in the endgame to diminishing returns (or in the beginning of the race for that matter #dotdotdothmmm) or to the same cities in China to diminishing returns (the FIRST leg in Shanghai wasn't that great, to say nothing of the second, third or fourth) when Taipei is just sort of there, having been the setting to one of the most angst-ridden and dramatic eliminations ever and a pretty fun premiere all things considered. Probably a daytime leg so that Phil can fly out immediately after checking everyone in and everyone else can take an early flight through Tokyo to their final destination-

Leg 12 - to Los Angeles, CA
I mean we've been here HOW MANY TIMES and have had, to my estimation, *two* creative, unique tasks (greeter game in 17 and the bike race in 27). Come on TAR , you can do better. Final memory task is a brainbuster in the vein of TAR 12 relying on all the various old things (Angeles National Forest, Teotihuacan, Antigua, the Alhambra, the summit in Slovakia, Petra, Mt. Augustus, the bamboo forest) visited, and ending up at the oldest thing as the finish line, the La Brea Tar Pits

tyfyt  :)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
1. Los Angeles, California --> Melbourne, Australia

2. Melbourne --> Hobart, Australia ( via Devonport )

3. Hobart --> Seoul, South Korea --> Busan, South Korea

4. Busan --> Beijing, China

5. Beijing --> Siem Reap, Cambodia

6. Siem Reap --> Doha, Qatar

7. Doha --> Manama, Bahrain 

8. Manama --> Rovaniemi, Finland

9. Rovaniemi --> Budapest, Hungary

10. Budapest, Hungary

11. Budapest --> Reykjavik, Iceland

12. Reykjavik --> Minneapolis, Illinois

I think we could see a route like this

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
START.  Minneapolis

LEG 1-  Winnipeg

Leg 2-  Port of Spain

Leg 3-  Manus

Leg 4-   Oslo

Leg 5-  Budapest

Leg 6- Baku

Leg 7-  Cape Town

Leg 8-  Cape Town

Leg 9-  Dubai

Leg 10- Doha

Leg 11- Cairo

Leg 12- Orlando

TAR 29 Route wish. 

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Zack got Leg 1 right!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
When I saw the speculations of the theme for TAR28, I was expecting people like
Show content
nigahiga, Smosh, ERB, etc.
, but when I saw the cast for TAR28, I'm simply excited for it. :bump

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
I probably said this before, but I think it would be cool if they attached GoPro's to the teams.

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
It would be really awesome if The Amazing Race went to the Barbados, or any country in the Caribbean for that matter. They usually go to Asia or south America first, so why not go to the Caribbean to change it up a bit. Possible have detour be either be making sugar or performing in a Tuk band.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
 :hello2::wel2 to the R.F.F., Erebus1111 !
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
:hello2::wel2 to the R.F.F., Erebus1111 !

Thanks, I've recently become addicted to the show.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
It would be really awesome if The Amazing Race went to the Barbados, or any country in the Caribbean for that matter. They usually go to Asia or south America first, so why not go to the Caribbean to change it up a bit. Possible have detour be either be making sugar or performing in a Tuk band.

They went to the Caribbean on Season 25. :) If you haven't watched it, you should, because it was a great season! :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Locations + race structure wishes:

North America, South America, and Central America in the middle of the race when there are about 9 to 6 teams left. :hoot:
Caribbean in the middle or latter parts of the race when there are about 9 to 4 teams left. :hoot:
Oceania, without Australia, at the latter part of the race with 4 or 5 teams remaining. :hoot:
Australia (itself) with 6 to 8 teams remaining. :hoot:
Oriental Asia with 6 to 7 teams still racing. :hoot:
India at the former parts of the race when 12 to 9 teams are still racing. :hoot:
Middle East and Africa in the former and latter parts of the race when 12 to 9 and 5 or 4 teams are still racing. :hoot:
Russia with 12 to 10 teams racing. :hoot:
Scandinavia with 4 to 5 and 10 to 12 teams racing.

Mediterranean legs any time of the race. :hoot: (TAR, please visit new countries from there. :) )
Philippines with all teams still racing! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot:
Arctic and Antarctic any time of the race. :lol: :hoot:

Other general wishes:
Bring back older (both members) teams. :hoot:
12 teams please! :hoot:
Earlier NEL's, specifically Leg 1 and Leg 2 NEL's. :hoot:
More Fast Forwards, U-turns, W-turns, Yields, Double Yields, etc. :hoot:
New NEL penalty if it's better than the speedbump. :hoot:
Better editing! :funny: :gnome

I might be forgetting something, but oh well. I do this once in a while just for fun. :)

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
12 teams race would be okay
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish there was race with:
6 FF teams
3 MF teams
3 MM teams
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline coolhand12

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR 29 wishlist

Leg 1. San Francisco to Nadi, Fiji

Leg 2. Nadi to Hobart, Tasmania

Leg 3. Hobart to Melbourne, Australia

Leg 4. Melbourne to Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Leg 5. Phnom Penh to Daegu, South Korea

Leg 6. Daegu to Seoul, South Korea

Leg 7. Seoul to Cape Town, South Africa

Leg 8. Cape Town to Dakar, Senegal

Leg 9. Dakar to Barcelona, Spain

Leg 10. Barcelona, Spain

Leg 11. Barcelona to Reykjavik, Iceland

Leg 12. Reykjavik to Boston, Massachusetts

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 29 wishlist

Leg 10. Barcelona, Spain

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, coolhand12!

Offline coolhand12

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR 29 wishlist

Leg 10. Barcelona, Spain

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, coolhand12!
Thank You!!! I have been reading for seasons and finally decided to join the fun!!!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
HollandX2 France ItalyX2  BelguimX2  IndiaX2  ChinaX2

USA-HOLLAND-BELGUIMx2-FRANCE-ITALY-INDIA-CHINA-USA

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
At the starting line, teams run to their backpacks and open up their first clue. A fast forward clue is inside! It says: Make your way to ABC Beach (Example) to partake a volleyball competition!
While teams are rushing to the beach, only they know it is a nude beach and they have to play the match without having their clothes on. Team who wins this nude volleyball match can advance to
the 1st pit stop straight away once they have arrived at their first destination.  :conf:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
At the starting line, teams run to their backpacks and open up their first clue. A fast forward clue is inside! It says: Make your way to ABC Beach (Example) to partake a volleyball competition!
While teams are rushing to the beach, only they know it is a nude beach and they have to play the match without having their clothes on. Team who wins this nude volleyball match can advance to
the 1st pit stop straight away once they have arrived at their first destination.  :conf:
So do you want a Starting Line FF, nude volleyball, or both? :lol:
Personally, I like the idea of a starting line FF. It would guarantee that a team's on the last flight, but they can pull ahead once they land.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Starting line Detour pls. More merit-based way of splitting teams on flights plus it's a better use for the start city esp if it's LA adjacent.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Can someone  make route use this countries

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Can someone  make route use this countries

1. New York City, New York --> Amsterdam, The Netherlands --> Volendam, The Netherlands

2. Volendam --> Utrecht, The Netherlands --> Eindhoven, The Netherlands

3. Eindhoven --> Antwerp, Belgium

4. Antwerp --> Brussels, Belgium --> Ottignes, Belgium --> Brussels, Belgium

5. Brussels --> Corsica, France

6. Corsica --> Sardinia, Italy

7. Sardinia --> Florence, Italy

8. Florence --> Jaipur, India

9. Jaipur --> Thiruvanampuram, India

10. Thiruvanampuram --> Chengdu, China

11. Chengdu --> Zhangjiajie, China ( via Chongqing )

12. Zhangjiajie --> Big Island, Hawaii

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish for an inter-franchise intersection. :conf: Let's say there 9 teams from TAR Australia and 9 teams from TAR Asia (let's say they're still alive :grins: ).TAR Aus might be on the 4th leg already (11 teams, 1 NEL) while TAR Asia could be on the 2nd leg (10 teams, 0 NEL). So let's say there's a HoO, and 9 teams from both franchises camp out and socialize with each other. The next day, the clue is given to all teams, and the content can be (doesn't have to be) the same. At one point of the leg, teams will find an intersection saying that they can only join forces with teams of the other franchise. Since everybody knows how an intersection works, I'll skip to the pit stop. Both franchises can share the same pit stop, with one host being greeter and the other host taking the role of the host, then the hosts' roles depends on the franchise too.

My main wish is for them to have that intersection and the same HoO location. Same leg structure and same pit stop are optional but cool. :grins:

Offline Black Magic

• RFF Not So Newbie
Slovakia,Luxembourg,Fiji and Maldives leg  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: