Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538357 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Well... not gonna post a route :funny:

I posted this in another thread, figured then it was more of a wish, so here's my idea for a huge twist for some anniversary TAR. It includes teams switching partners along the race.

This idea would overcomplicate the race, but let me lay it out. The teams coming into the race are AA, BB, CC, DD (that's 4 teams) and so on.

• Let's say they do a couple normal legs first and then we have 9 teams left.
  • At the start of the third leg, before leaving the country, teams are instructed to go to *place*, where they find an HoO. The next day, after getting their clues, each team finds 2 leaflets inside their clue - one for each team member. The leaflet instructs that *name of a member in team AA* will have to pair up with *name of a member in team BB*. That way we have a new team - AB. The other leaflet for the same team would instruct to create a team AC, so that wouldn't cause teams to work in pairs (i.e. if we had teams AB and BA).
  • Now when leg 3 ends, teams are instructed to keep on racing with the same partners (not their original ones) and that at the end of leg 4 their placements for both legs will be combined to eliminate a team.
  • The elimination would work in such manner: though teams get placements with their switched partners, elimination would be based on original partners' placements. Say, the placements for leg 3 are: AB - 7th, AC - 8th, BD - 9th, and for leg 4: AC - 7th, BD - 8th, AB - 9th. The others have consistent placings in the top 6 for both legs. With such placings, team AA has 7 & 8, 7 & 9. Team BB has 7 & 9, 8 & 9. The average of team BB is higher, therefore, they are eliminated.
  • Then the remaining 8 teams could return to their original partners and race a couple more legs together. At the start of leg 7, when we have 6 teams left, they could be rotated again to have new partners they didn't have before. Again, leg 7 is a KOR and at the end of leg 8 a team is eliminated (original, not switched partners).
  • Then have leg 9 a NEL and get down to final 4 at the end of the 10th leg. Again, both with original partners.
  • For the penultimate 11th leg the teams are rotated for the last time and at the end of this leg another team is eliminated and we have our final 3. If team EE have a 1st and a 4th with their switched partners, while team FF has a 2nd and a 3rd (that makes both teams' averages equal at 2.5), team EE would be eliminated because they possess the lowest possible placing - 4th.
    • OR they could use the same tiebreaker (which I haven't mentioned yet) as with those KOR legs: if 2 teams have equal averages, we sum up the amount of time they arrived after the 1st team. If that still creates a tie (unlikely), we could add the amount of time the teams were behind the 1st team with their original partners. Furthermore, add the times with other switched partners.
    • OR they could use the same tiebreaker (which I haven't mentioned yet) as with those KOR legs: if 2 teams have equal averages, we look at their averages with original partners. If there's still a tie, we include the averages with other switched partners.

These tiebreakers could be mixed up to avoid a consistant tie. If nothing can be done to solve the tie (rather impossible, but probably possible), then the leg becomes a NEL.

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
Australia & NZ Race :3 (No Versus or any of that ****.)

Leg 1: Australia (Hobart, Tasmania) > Fiji (Suva)
Seriously Visit Fiji!! and Tasmania never been featured in TAR

Leg 2: Fiji > Japan (Tokyo)
They havent visit Japan yet

Leg 3: Japan (Sapporo)
Hokkaido Province havent been visited ever and it definetly shows the countryside of Japan

Leg 4: Japan > Mongolia (Ulaanbaatar)
We havent seen Mongolia since Tar 10 and nobody else has visited yet.

Leg 5: Mongolia > Qatar (Doha)
It would be the first time they visit Qatar in TAR like Israel

Leg 6: Qatar > Hungary (Budapest and Eger)
Hungary needs a visit like seriously! the historic monuments are so amazing there.

Leg 7: Hungary > Germany (Frankfurt)
Germany love :)

Leg 8: Germany > UK (London and Manchester)
They havent visit UK in this version and they could have a leg for Australia history.

Leg 9: UK > Morocco (Casablanca)
Causee Africaa!

Lg 10: Morocco > Brazil (Rio De Janerio)
Brazil love and they havent visit it before

Lg 11: Brazil > Mexico (Mexico City)
I dont know if Mexico is safe to travel but theres alot of hot culture and tacosss

Lg 12: Mexico > New Zealand (Auckland)
Final Leg in New zealand rather Australia
http://www.rome2rio.com/trip/qLPLyc
Creating Routes ~

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
Let's have a season where we bring back one person from a team, but matching them up with a new partner (someone they know). It is kind of like Survivor Blood VS Water, just that they are working together with their loved one instead of competing against them.

What do you guys think  :waves:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yeah......... that would be a rip-off of BvW, like you mentioned :funny:
And I don't think I would like it that much - in Survivor you like the contestants as individuals and on TAR I very rarely like an individual, not the entire team. I seem to like one person from the team only when I hate the team overall :lol: That is a reference to Bergen.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Here are teams I'd love Bertram & Co. to consider for the future The Amazing Race: US vs The World season.  :yess:

Zabrina & Joe Jer (TARA1) - First female winners  :cheer:
Richard & Richard (TARA4)
Natasha & Hussein (TARA4)
Joey & Richard (TARAu1)
Lucy & Emilia (TARAu2)
Sarah & James (TARAu2)
Michelle & Jo (TARAu2) (Can you imagine them vs BQs vs Mirna & Schmirna? lol)
Dani & Mish (TARPh1) ^Alpha female battle!
Paul & Steve (TARAu2)
Saida & Jervi (TARPh1)
Pamela & Vanessa (TARPh1)
Jet & Dave (TARC1)
Sukhi & Jinder (TARC2)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
How can you even bring up alpha female teams without talking about Natalie & Meaghan from TARCan2!?

I'd even like to see an All Stars version of USA vs Canada, although TARCan has only had 3 seasons, the casts have been great for both!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Leg 1:
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA to Alice Springs, Australia (A overdue Hawaii start and an overdue visit to Alice Springs

Leg 2:
Alice Springs, Australia to Hobart, Australia (Another long overdue visit this time to Hobart)

Leg 3:
Hobart, Australia to Queenstown, New Zealand (An HD leg in Queenstown would look incredible!)

Leg 4:
Queenstown, New Zealand to Santiago, Chile (A mid race trip to South America would be a great change of pace especially for Chile legs)

Leg 5:
Santiago, Chile to Manaus, Brazil (Manaus is a great city and so close to the Amazon)

Leg 6:
Manaus, Brazil to Rio de Janerio, Brazil (A return to Rio in time for the 2016 Olympics)

Leg 7:
Rio de Janerio, Brazil to Lusaka, Zambia (A longover due return visit for Zambia!)

Leg 8:
Lusaka, Zambia to Livingstone, Zambia (Which deserves 2 legs)

Leg 9:
Livingstone, Zambia to Budapest, Hungary (Spicy Soup switchback anyone?)

Leg 10:
Budapest, Hungary to Brussels, Belgium (Belgium deserves another leg!)

Leg 11:
Brussels, Belgium to Reykjavik, Iceland (Another overdue return visit especially in HD!)

Leg 12:
Reykjavik, Iceland to Boston, Massachusetts, USA (We haven't had a Boston final which is just full of US History)

5 continents, 9 countries, 32,000 miles
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hawaii start  :hearts:
Zambia :hearts:

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
OMG, at SamualDude's route <33333

Tasmania & Queenstown <333
Iceland <3333
The return of Zambia , Hungary and Belgium in one season <3333

Also, Cross the Atlantic and Pacific twice <3333

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish there will be a self-drive in motorbikes!  :)
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member

Maybe it'll be too dangerous? :lol:

But I can see it as RB or something in the safe drive country. Although I wanna see team drive motorcycle in choatic southeast asia road. :lol:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster

But I can see it as RB or something in the safe drive country. Although I wanna see team drive motorcycle in choatic southeast asia road. :lol:

Some teams never drive motorcycles, so no.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!

Some teams never drive motorcycles, so no.
Teams aren't even allowed to ride on motorcycles during the race
Rebel against it = The Tom & Terry penalty.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
They can wear protective gears like helmets, knee and elbow pads.

It's just a wish! Maybe yeah, as part of a task or something, instead of walking or riding a bike?

^ Oh, really there's already a prohibition from production to ride motorbikes? I didn't know. :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
For TAR27:

Night legs please! :luvya:

African 2nd leg too! :luvya:

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
Leg 1: USA (Buffalo) > Canada (Toronto) > Barbados (Bridgetown)
They havent visit their neighboring country for a long time, Teams drive to Canada and do some tasks along the way to Toronto Airport and fly to Central America for the detour and roadblocks

Leg 2: Barbados > Ecuador (Quito)
They havent visit Ecuador since All-Stars!

Leg 3: Ecuador (Quito > Puerto Villamil, Galapagos)
They should definetly fly off to Galapagos to pitstop

Leg 4: Ecuador > South Korea (Busan > Daegu)
They havent visit South Korea for long

Leg 5: South Korea (Jeju)
They should definetly have a leg in these islands

Leg 6: South Korea > China (Urumqi > Turpan)
China Again??? But they visit the unseen side of China, the desert part

Leg 7: China > Tanzania (Dar Es Salaam)
For a more diverse route

Leg 8: Tanzania (Zanzibar)
Ferry to Zanzibar

Leg 9: Tanzania > Albania (Tirana)
They never visited!!

Lg 10: Albania > Croatia (Split)
Just visited once

Lg 11: Croatia > Ireland (Dublin)
Lg 12: Ireland > USA (Atlanta)
They havent end here
http://www.rome2rio.com/trip/eAggrg

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:03:25 AM by Loken »
Creating Routes ~

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Can someone  build 3 south America  3 africa 3 eroupe two legs in asia one leg austrillia

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can someone  build 3 south America  3 africa 3 eroupe two legs in asia one leg austrillia

1. United States ( Miami ) > Cololmbia ( Medellin )

2. Colombia ( Bogota )

3. Colombia > Chile ( Santiago )

4. Chile > Australia ( Melbourne )

5. Australia > Vietnam ( Hue )

6. Vietnam > India ( Varanasi )

7. India > Tanzania ( Mwanaza )

8. Tanzania ( Ngorongoro Crater )

9. Tanzania > Austria ( Vienna )

10. Austria ( Innsbruck )

11. Austria > Cape Verde ( Praia )

12. Cape Verde > Portugal ( Lisbon )

13. Portugal > United States ( New York )

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie

Leg 1 - United States (Orlando, FL) —> Suriname (Paramaribo)
Previous Dutch colony
Leg 2 - Suriname (Albina)
Leg 3 - Suriname —> Uruguay (Montevideo)
Leg 4 - Uruguay —> Austria (Train Leg)
Leg 5 - Austria —> Uganda (Kampala)
Leg 6 - Uganda (Murchison Falls National Park)
Task about poachers and the endangered Black Rhino, and with the Pitstop being at both sides of the equator!
Leg 7 - Uganda —> Iceland (Reykjavik)
Leg 8 - Iceland —> Finland (Tampere)
Leg 9 - Finland —> Kazakhstan (Almaty)
Leg 10 - Kazakhstan (Rural area)
Tasks based around the nomadic people, yurts etc.
Leg 11 - Kazakhstan —> South Africa (Johannesburg)
Leg 12 - South Africa —> Australia (Perth)
Leg 13 - Australia —> The United States (Kansas City, MO)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:13:14 AM by Norwegian Boy »

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member

Leg 1: USA --> Iceland (Starting line: Seattle) (Seattle to Reykjavik)
Leg 2: Iceland --> Russia (Reykjavik to Moscow)
Leg 3: Russia (Moscow to Yekaterinburg) (travel by Trans-Siberian Railway)
Leg 4: Russia --> China (Yekaterinburg to Beijing)
Leg 5: China --> Laos (Beijing to Vientiane)
Leg 6: Laos --> Australia (Vientiane to Perth)
Leg 7: Australia --> Mauritius (Perth to Port Louis)
Leg 8: Mauritius --> Madagascar (Port Louis to Antananarivo)
Leg 9: Madagascar --> South Africa (Antananarivo to Johannesburg)
Leg 10: South Africa --> Argentina (Johannesburg to Ushuaia)
Leg 11: Argentina --> Brazil (Ushuaia to Sao Paulo)
Leg 12: Brazil (Sao Paulo to Manaus)
Leg 13: Brazil --> USA (Manaus to Miami)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

I may not have participated on the 1st one, but I'll try this one because it sounds fun. :<3

Leg 1: USA --> South Africa
Leg 2: South Africa --> Lesotho
Leg 3: Lesotho --> India
Leg 4: India
Leg 5: India --> Australia
Leg 6: Australia --> Chile
Leg 7: Chile --> Venezuela
Leg 8: Venezuela
Leg 9: Venezuela --> Cape Verde
Leg 10: Cape Verde --> Romania
Leg 11: Romania --> Latvia
Leg 12: Latvia
Leg 13: Latvia --> USA

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
A fresh and exciting cast! :hearts: Deserves better promo visuals too
M/F:
Brother | Sister - 32 yrs; Hispanic siblings from the Midwest expanding their horizons; brother is sarcastic at times and lighthearted in humor while the sister is more conservative and organized
Married Homemakers - 50 yrs; Work-at-home parents from Utah always looking for an adventure; all about literally bringing fun to the race via their backpacks stocked with random treasures such as a scrapbook, art supplies, and tape - Potential race winners?
Best Friends - 24 & 23 yrs; African-American besties from Long Island; athletically talented young woman supporting her precious gay best friend since they first met in high school; the archetypical "popular person racing with bullied individual" team
Newlyweds - 30 yrs; Former female sports car model and the average-looking guy with a decent job making young men and women watching question their own dating approaches; Kelly & Jon-like personalities and hardly ever bicker, but they do disagree at times
Newly Dating - 26 yrs; "Most emotionally disastrous team" since Nate & Jen; Both of Northeast Asian descent and commonly find flaws more than being fortunate for things; always trying to fix each others' ideas & attitudes before the thoughts get too troublesome, but ends up in irony

M/M:
Uncle | Nephew - 46 yrs & 20 yrs; First person under 21 at the starting line to be on TAR since season 19!; Any type of personalities with a mind-boggling backstory would fit as with a new kind of parent/child team
Brothers - 25 yrs; Modelesque Caucasian brothers with dark pasts in high school and college, epitome of a frat boy persona and charming with a side of guilty pleasure (Oh, brother)

F/F:
Lifelong Friends - 25 yrs; Two young, geeky hipsters from the Carolinas that have been friends since primary school... except one of them deals with alopecia and received a scar on her arm after a fiery car accident :(; inspirational team of the season
Hairstylists | Former Roommates - 27 yrs & 25 yrs; African and Jamaican-American best friends, hairstylists, and former U of Washington roomies with flagrant (:oh) and flavorful fashion sense planning to run the race for good time's sake; one is calm and jocular while the other is flamboyant but knowledgable
Engaged - 39 yrs; Found true love in each other and they plan to put their relationship to an ultimate test; warmhearted, brave, adventurous, but kind of snappy when people or themselves become annoying
Astronaut Wives - 60 & 70 yrs; Forget sports wives - science wives are the biggest thing (thanks ABC :funny:) since frozen fruit; first ever older recruited team, but a lot of potential to bringing spunk and charm into the race; this team will make everyone smile or laugh with pleasure

Refreshing route with four new countries! :wohoo:
STARTING LINE: Lost Dutchman State Park - Apache Junction, AZ
Leg 1 (United States --> Malaysia) | flight to Kuala Lumpur for mainland tasks (+Detour); water transport to Pulau Ketam for floating cage aquaculture Roadblock & biking to Pit Stop at Nang Thiam Keng Temple
Leg 2 (Malaysia --> Thailand) | flight to Chiang Mai with Wat Rong Khun visit and a SURPRISE SINGLE U-Turn following a songthaew/Siamese "twin" Detour; Songkran Roadblock; PS at Bhubing Palace
Leg 3 (Thailand --> Kyrgyzstan) | flight to Bishkek; shyrdak embroidery/reed screen Detour; PS at Independence Monument
Leg 4 (Kyrgyzstan) | self-drive to rural Kyrgyzstan; horseback games DT: Tyin enmey/Jumby atmai, eating sheep's head & drinking a tall glass of fermented mare's milk RB; PS at Burana Tower
Leg 5 (Kyrgyzstan --> India) | flight to Siliguri; Himalayan Railway to Darjeeling
featuring a paragliding Fast Forward and tea harvest/tea taste naming Detour
Leg 6 (India) | flight to Varanasi; collecting masala spices for restaurant/cow hauling milk Detour; Roadblock: Find trinket box with matching wedding charm and deliver to bride & groom at ceremony via River Ganges boat and on foot
Leg 7 (India --> Eritrea) | Diwali lantern & diya misc. task; flight to Asmara; features self-driving and tasks involving life around a rural village; sight of the second U-Turn (but first Double U-Turn)
Leg 8 (Eritrea --> Cyprus) | flight to Larnaca for salt pits & DT in Larnaca or Paphos: MS Zenobia scuba treasure hunt/archaeology; Ayia Napa for the RB: slide down all four "Chariot Chase" slopes and lastly the "Fall of Icarus"
Leg 9 (Cyprus --> Slovenia) | flight to Ljubljana; self-drive in outer Llubjana and nearby cities
Leg 10 (Slovenia --> France) | flight to Toulouse with a circus trapeze and tightrope walk Roadblock
Leg 11 (France) | train to Paris; featuring personal velotaxi travel around the city
Leg 12 (France --> United States) | flight to Boston, MA! :hoot:
• Paul Revere House, Cafe Fleuri, Bodega Clothing Store hidden in convenience store, and Plymouth Breakwater
• Garden shopping at Lowe's in Saugus and deliver to Fenway Victory Gardens
• Plimoth Plantation as the final Roadblock location
FINISH LINE: Ames Mansion, Borderland State Park - Easton, MA
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:16:09 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
I hope the Astronaunt's wife go really far <33

The route is really cool! Slovenia & Cyprus & Kyrgyzstan <33 Songkran's RB in Chiang Mai <3333 (I don't know if the shooting is gonna fit in with the festival time (13-15 Apr) but they can staged it like Holi in TAR13! TAR should have done it in one of their several Thailand's visit! Instead of going on boat and Phuket-BKK combo repeatedly :res:) Toulouse <333 (Although I kind of hope Andorra after Toulouse leg, but Paris is so long overdue and should have given another shot!)

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
A good two routes are

Minneapolis - Winnipeg
Winnipeg - Vancouver
Vancouver - Auckland
Auckland - Brisbane
Brisbane - Singapore
Singapore - Dubai
Dubai - Abu Dabi
Abu Dabi - Athens
Athens - Johannesburg
Johannesburg - Cape Town
Cape Town - Casablanca
Casablanca - Nashville

Pittsburgh - Mexico City
Mexico City - Havana
Havana - Port of Spain
Port of Spain - Lima
Lima - Hong Kong
Hong Kong - Seoul
Seoul - Budapest
Budapest
Budapest - Oslo
Oslo - Sochi
Sochi - Shanghai
Shanghai - Phenix

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR Philippines: Family Edition aka Blood vs Water  :grins:

LEG 1: Manila, Philippines → Tokyo, Japan
LEG 2: Tokyo, Japan → Tonle Sap, Cambodia
LEG 3: Tonle Sap, Cambodia → Dubai, United Arab Emirates
LEG 4: Dubai, United Arab Emirates → St. Petersburg, Russia
LEG 5: St. Petersburg, Russia → Oslo, Norway → Reykjavik, Iceland featuring a special cameo
LEG 6: Reykjavik, Iceland → Herefordshire, England, United Kingdom
LEG 7: Herefordshire, England, UK → London, England, UK → Paris, France
LEG 8: Paris, France → Innsbruck, Austria
LEG 9: Innsbruck, Austria → Vatican City → Rome, Italy
LEG 10: Rome, Italy → Jerusalem, Israel
LEG 11: Jerusalem, Israel → Sydney/Paddington, Australia
LEG 12: Sydney, Australia → Camarines Sur, Philippines featuring a food Final Road Block

Surprisingly, a relatively inexpensive route.  :yess: