Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538398 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I'm gonna place my wishes for TAR27 in here:
~Have an early leg in the Philippines. :hoot: Around Legs 1-4.
A fully rural Leg in Albay including Jig or Pig (no Misibis Bay resort Route Markers) or a rural Leg up north somewhere around Benguet/Mountain Province/Kalinga, etc. to include cultural tasks like dancing or weaving.

Speaking of the Philippines, here's:

TAR Philippines: Ring of Fire  :wohoo:
Leg 1 - Cookie Palace, Manila → Honolulu, Hawaii, USA → Maui, Hawaii, USA
Leg 2 - Maui, Hawaii → San Francisco, California, USA
Leg 3 - San Francisco, California → Whitehorse, Canada
Leg 4 - Whitehorse, Canada → Quito, Ecuador
Leg 5 - Quito, Ecuador → Santiago, Chile
Leg 6 - Santiago, Chile → Easter Island, Chile
Leg 7 - Easter Island, Chile → Rotorua, New Zealand
Leg 8 - Rotorua, New Zealand → Broken Hill, Australia
Leg 9 - Broken Hill, Australia → Seoul, South Korea
Leg 10 - Seoul, South Korea → Andong, South Korea
Leg 11 - Andong, South Korea → Kanagawa, Japan
Leg 12 - Kanagawa, Japan → Mayon Volcano, Philippines

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
I think some of your hopes and dreams will be realized here (though it's for TAR 28 for reasons which will become apparent  :funny:). My kiiiiiiind of serious take on WRP's budget route planning.

Leg 1 - Washington, DC, USA to Port Elizabeth, South Africa - like 300 races have already been here. I would prefer original tasks but if they have a Switchback to HMLM 1 where someone has to break a hand mirror to cut a rope they poorly tied onto their truck I won't be mad.
Leg 2 - South Africa to Malolotja Nature Reserve, Swaziland - just about every race there's a leg where people get to see poor people live their lives as usual. This is that leg.
Leg 3 - Swaziland to Petra National Park, Jordan - I'm still surprised TAR hasn't eliminated someone on 'The High Place of Sacrifice'.
Leg 4 - Jordan to Aswan, Egypt - As it turns out most of the issues in Aswan are typical of most cities (pickpocketing, the joy of being a female traveler in a Muslim country, etc.) and not so much due to the events of the past few years as is more true in Cairo. Camels, the Nubian people, and a TBC because why not.
Leg 5 - Egypt to Inle Lake, Myanmar - Imagine that leg in Angkor Wat from TAR 13...but better. And an NEL because consecutive NELs are fun and good.
Leg 6 - Myanmar to Yangon, Myanmar - When was the last time we had a double leg in a new country (depending on your interpretation, it'd be either 6 seasons or 9 :O.)
Leg 7 - Myanmar to Hong Kong, China - blahblah overused I don't care, I just want a leg in Hong Kong that doesn't suck.  :'( (Also in my dream India is visited in 27 rather than China even though the opposite is likely true)
Leg 8 - China to Rotorua, New Zealand - see above. Also I kind of needed a leg in New Zealand so as to facilitate
Leg 9 - New Zealand to Easter Island - mmmhmm. SURE it might just be your standard bathing suit leg but EASTER ISLAND.
Leg 10 - Easter Island to Santiago, Chile - I mean there's really only one logical destination from Easter Island plus this route has a dearth of big cities in it to begin with so hopefully it sucks less then every other leg in Chile?
Leg 11 - Chile to Mt. Aconcagua, Argentina - If they insist upon this whole 'nonelimination at the end of leg 11' thing then I'd really like to see the racers suffer as a result. Difficult tasks, altitude weariness, and several hours of driving only to be told to get lost.
Leg 12 - Argentina (to Chile) to Miami, FL, US - how is it both legs in Miami suck? I don't get it *shrugs*.

Incidentally most of this could occur in real TAR - the first leg is consistent with having two flight options kind of reasonably close together, and the last third would likely be what the route is built around (there's an actual sequence of Auckland - Papeete - Easter Island - Santiago - Aconcagua via car - Santiago - Miami that exists) so the only hiccup is getting to and from Hong Kong but that's part of the challenge.

This is sheer GENIUS
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
Usa-Belgium
Belgium-Italy
Italy-Greece    NEL
Greece-Cyprus
Cyprus-Israel
Israel-Qatar    NEL
Qatar-India
India-Laos
Laos-Taipei    NEL
Taipei-Trinada and Tabago
Trinidad and Tabago- Mexico
Mexico-Cuba
Cuba-USA

6 new countries

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Just finished watching TAR Australia 2 yesterday, and I must say that I love the division of the NELs, even though the 1st one is a pre-determined EL (Salvage Pass used). :hearts:

Watching the Top 11 teams race through the Philippines and India was fun! :hearts: Even Top 10 in India was fun already!

My point: I wish TAR27 visits the Philippines and/or India with 10-11 teams racing.

P.S. I'm still crossing my fingers for a Leg 2 NEL or a Top 10 NEL for the upcoming season.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
A US season with the same route as TARAus 2 wouldn't be bad tbh (Cuba can be replaced with another country easily)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
All ff team finale :luvya:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
A US season with the same route as TARAus 2 wouldn't be bad tbh (Cuba can be replaced with another country easily)

1. Beijing, China
2. Guilin, China
3. Albay, Philippines
4. New Delhi, India
5. Jaipur, India
6. Dubai, UAE
7. Istanbul, Turkey
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Paris, France
10. Mexico City, Mexico
11. Cancun, Mexico

Couldn't Fit Canada

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
tbh I would add in Leg in Brisbane between Albay and Delhi, and only have 1 Istanbul Leg
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I've always wanted to see a country being visited early in the Race and then again later in the Race. Idk, just seems unique :lol: **u.s. edition**

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
They could do that if the first leg takes place in Canada or South America

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I've always wanted to see a country being visited early in the Race and then again later in the Race. Idk, just seems unique :lol: **u.s. edition**

That's actually cool! :trampb: I thought of that too, but it sounds unlikely. Still, something that'd be great to see. :hearts:

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
I'll go ahead and share my wish list for Tar 27!

Starting Line: Honolulu, Hawaii
Leg 1: Qingdao, China
Leg 2: Qufu, China
Leg 3: Jakarta, Indonesia
Leg 4: Male, Maldives
Leg 5: Jaipur, India
Leg 6: Ranthambore National Park, India
Leg 7: Prague, Czech Republic
Leg 8: Prague, Czech Republic
Leg 9: Helsinki, Finland
Leg 10: Dublin, Ireland
Leg 11: Dublin, Ireland
Leg 12: Boston, Massachusetts
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
What if there is race that has no teams, but 12 contestants racing alone, with Detour being working together with another contestants, if there is no contestants, they must wait for another contestants to come. Just a thought by me, don't know if this has been posted earlier.  :funny: We would see many contestants struggle through tasks.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
What if there is race that has no teams, but 12 contestants racing alone, with Detour being working together with another contestants, if there is no contestants, they must wait for another contestants to come. Just a thought by me, don't know if this has been posted earlier.  :funny: We would see many contestants struggle through tasks.
That would not be very interesting imo, one of the best things about the show for me is the team dynamics.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
That would not be very interesting imo, one of the best things about the show for me is the team dynamics.

I think it might work at Final 6 or something? Like flight bunching then split team into one person individual, force them to do RB by themselves and they have to wait for other person to perform the Detour with (Kind of like Intersection) then the final clue before heading to pit stop force them to wait for their partner before they can go check in.

It might be good since I think the tension will rise and it's gonna be interesting to watch team's strategic. Will they wait for their partner to perform Detour together? What will happened if they had to team up with the team that U-Turn them last leg or something. I think it's gonna cause lots of drama. Imagine Flo had to split up with Zach, they might be eliminated. :lol:

But it'll work if it's only for 1 leg though, for the entire race it's gonna be weird.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I got really bored so I ended up doing all this.  

Part 1:

Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA – Auckland, New Zealand    (There's so much to do and NZ is teeming with great outdoor activities + it's a great country.)
Leg 2: Auckland, New Zealand - Queenstown, New Zealand    (See above)
Leg 3: Queenstown, New Zealand – Seoul, South Korea   (South Korea has been long overdue and visited once)
Leg 4: Seoul, South Korea – Singapore, Singapore   (Aside from it's a great nation. Every season that visited Singapore offered great drama.)
Leg 5: Singapore, Singapore – Male, Maldives   (About time they visit Maldives, a great tropical Asian island nation)
Leg 6: Male, Maldives – Cape Town, South Africa   (Like New Zealand, South Africa is teeming with great activities and great adventures. It needs more exploration.)
Leg 7: Cape Town, South Africa - Limpopo, South Africa   (See above. A visit to Kruger National Park would be awesome)
Leg 8: Limpopo, South Africa – Copenhagen, Denmark   (Denmark is underused, and past seasons[19 & 25] that visited it offered great legs.)
Leg 9: Copenhagen, Denmark – Athens, Greece   (Greece is way long overdue. Has only been visitied once [Season 9]. This needs to be explored more.)
Leg 10: Athens, Greece – Santorini, Greece  (See above)
Leg 11: Santorini, Greece – London, United Kingdom   (As much as United Kingdom is overused, it is my perennial favorite. I want a better Central London leg with challenging activities. Royal theme. I guess?)
Leg 12: London, United Kingdom – Nassau, Bahamas – Miami,USA  (I would love to see the Bahamas visited.)

*I want a harder finale, 2 Roadblocks, 2 Detours. 4th team will be eliminated in Bahamas. I want a better finale leg in Miami.

Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA – Melbourne, Australia (Australia, has not been visitied  and is also overdue.)
Leg 2: Melbourne, Australia – Cairns, Australia   (A leg that would involve the Great Barrier Reef would be awesome.)
Leg 3: Cairns, Australia - French Polynesia, France   (When French Polynesia was visitied in Season 22. I said WOW! this is paradise. It looks great on t.v. but I know it's better when you go there in person.)
Leg 4: French Polynesia, France – Sapporo, Japan   (Recent legs in Japan were underwhelming. I want a Japanese leg that revolves in Japanese culture. I would like to see contestants learn how to drift cars.)
Leg 5:  Sapporo, Japan - Stockholm, Sweden   (Sweden is underused and there is more to be explored.)
Leg 6: Stockholm, Sweden- Madrid, Spain   (Spain has lots of great destinations, explore the country more. I would like to see a Football-themed challenge.)
Leg 7: Madrid, Spain – Valencia, Spain  (See above.)
Leg 8: Valencia, Spain – Brussels, Belgium   (I would like a revisit to Belgium. I would like to see a Belgian chocolate-inspired task.)
Leg 9:  Brussels, Belgium - Salvador, Brazil (Brazil is also long overdue. We need 2 legs there.)
Leg 10: Salvador, Brazil – Sao Paulo, Brazil  (See above)
Leg 11: Sao Paulo, Brazil - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   (The Race needs to have a leg in the Caribbean again.)
Leg 12: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – New York, USA

Leg 1: Cincinatti, USA – Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis  (Hasn't been visited before, but this country offers loads of water sports and other outdoor activities.)
Leg 2: Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis – Panama City, Panama (I want a challenge in Panama Canal.)
Leg 3: Panama City, Panama – Rotterdam, The Netherlands   (Can we get a leg in the Dutch countryside.)
Leg 4: Rotterdam, The Netherlands – Helsinki, Finland   (Finland has been long overdue and has never had a pitstop. I would like to see winter legs here.)
Leg 5: Helsinki, Finland – Kuusamo, Finland   (See above, A forest winter leg would be awesome.)
Leg 6: Kuusamo, Finland - Harare, Zimbabwe  (A Victoria Falls visit would be great.)
Leg 7: Harare, Zimbawe – Port Louis, Mauritius (Mauritius, is one of the best African nations. The country is also one of the best sky diving places.)
Leg 8: Port Louis, Mauritius – Dubai, United Arab Emirates    (UAE was last visited in Season 23 and I think it needs more visits. All legs in UAE offer great challenges and lots of drama and tension.)
Leg 9: Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   (See above)
Leg 10: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – Hong Kong, China   (China has been overly used but a Hong Kong leg never fails. I want another Hong Kong leg.)
Leg 11: Hong Kong, China – Nadi, Fiji   (With French Polynesia visited in Season 22, Why not visit Fiji?)
Leg 12: Nadi, Fiji - San Francisco USA

Hoping for:

~1st Leg Non-Eliminations
~10th Place Non-Eliminations
~12 Teams Race with a Double Elimination sometime in the Race unknown to the Racers.
~Triple U-Turns

Return of the:

~Double Express Pass
~Fast Forwards
~Intersections
~Hazards
~Yield

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:14:18 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA – Auckland, New Zealand    (There's so much to do and NZ is teeming with great outdoor activities + it's a great country.)
Leg 3: Queenstown, New Zealand – Seoul, South Korea   (South Korea has been lon overdue and visitied once)
Leg 4: Seoul, South Korea – Singapore, Singapore   (Aside from it's a great nation. Every season that visitied SG offered great drama.)
Leg 5: Singapore, Singapore – Male, Maldives   (About time they visit Maldives, a great tropical Asian island nation)
Leg 6: Male, Maldives – Cape Town, South Africa   (Like New Zealand, South Africa is teeming with great activities and great adventures. It needs more exploration.)
Leg 7: Cape Town, South Africa - Limpopo, South Africa   (See above. A visit to Kruger National Park would be awesome)
Leg 8: Limpopo, South Africa – Copenhagen, Denmark   (Denmark is underused, and past seasons[19 & 25] that visited it offered great legs.)
Leg 9: Copenhagen, Denmark – Athens, Greece   (Greece is way long overdue. Has only been visitied once [Season 9]. This needs to be explored more.)
Leg 11: Santorini, Greece – London, United Kingdom   (As much as United Kingdom is overused, it is my perennial favorite. I want a better Central London leg with challenging activities. Royal theme. I guess?)
Leg 12: London, United Kingdom – Nassau, Bahamas – Miami,USA  (I would love to see the Bahamas visited.)

*I want a harder finale, 2 Roadblocks, 2 Detours. 4th team will be eliminated in Bahamas. I want a better finale leg in Miami.

Just a personal thing, I would change the denmark leg to perhaps a Finland leg and the Singapore to a Busan, South Korea leg and then it would be a great route! Also would the finale leg be basically a double length leg similar to TAR6 in Hungary?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Just a personal thing, I would change the denmark leg to perhaps a Finland leg and the Singapore to a Busan, South Korea leg and then it would be a great route! Also would the finale leg be basically a double length leg similar to TAR6 in Hungary?

I like your idea :). The finale leg would be a double-length leg.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member

Leg 3: Queenstown, New Zealand – Seoul, South Korea   (South Korea has been long overdue and visited once)
Leg 4: Seoul, South Korea – Singapore, Singapore   (Aside from it's a great nation. Every season that visited Singapore offered great drama.)

Omg, this route is so <33. I agree with SamualDude that if you switch Singapore to other region of South Korea, maybe Jeju or Busan, it'll be fantastic! Love the 2-island-NZ-visit in 1 season and Queenstown. <33  I think Bahamas-Miami as final leg would be nice to watch too and it fit with the F4-KOR we have right now.

For the second route, I think Osaka is too overused, I suggested Sapporo since it can handle self-driving (Drama <3) and shock the team with climate switch from hot -> cold.

And for third route, I'd love to see the return of Mauritius. <333 I'm really wishing that they'll have legs in African Island Nation since the last time we have was Seychelles 10 season ago! Comoros , Cape Verde , Sao Tome , Reunion , Mauritius or Madagascar please! And LOVE Rotterdam visit, I don't understand why they keep going back to Amsterdam when they visit Netherlands. :(

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Omg, this route is so <33. I agree with SamualDude that if you switch Singapore to other region of South Korea, maybe Jeju or Busan, it'll be fantastic! Love the 2-island-NZ-visit in 1 season and Queenstown. <33  I think Bahamas-Miami as final leg would be nice to watch too and it fit with the F4-KOR we have right now.

For the second route, I think Osaka is too overused, I suggested Sapporo since it can handle self-driving (Drama <3) and shock the team with climate switch from hot -> cold.

And for third route, I'd love to see the return of Mauritius. <333 I'm really wishing that they'll have legs in African Island Nation since the last time we have was Seychelles 10 season ago! Comoros , Cape Verde , Sao Tome , Reunion , Mauritius or Madagascar please! And LOVE Rotterdam visit, I don't understand why they keep going back to Amsterdam when they visit Netherlands. :(

Thank you for liking. I modified the 2nd route and changed Osaka to Sapporo.  :) A lot of us here in RFF share the same sentiments. Hopefully, the producers are taking note and make it a reality.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:54:27 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Thank you for liking. I modified the 2nd route and changed Osaka to Sapporo.  :) A lot of us here in RFF share the same sentiments. Hopefully, the producers are taking note and make it a reality.

Queenstown is a place that can be used in Winter and Summer and I'd love to see Queenstown/South Canterbury. It actually snowed in Queenstown yesterday so it's the perfect time for a Winter NZ Leg to show off our mountains a bit more.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So I recall mentioning how I skipped over 27 on the last page. Well...

Leg 1 - Arcadia, CA to Guam - as it turns out Guam is more than promotional material for the military (no disrespect to those who served). There's actual culture and beaches and...given this show likely some sort of task that results in three teams quitting. NEL though because it's been a while since we've had a leg 1 nonelim.

Leg 2 - Guam to Banaue, Philippines - so they probably can't redo broken ox again even though it would be EPIC with 11 teams. Nope, I'm imagining a far more torturous hunt through a bunch of rice paddies and also some variation of Jig and/or Pig.

Leg 3 - Philippines to Luang Prabang, Laos - if the previous leg were 'foresty physical leg' then this leg would be 'foresty cultural leg'. Bonus points if this is in monsoon season because we haven't had a rainy leg in ages.

Leg 4 - Laos to Madurai, India - I believe I said something to the effect of 'in my dream TAR 27 we go back to India'.

Leg 5 - India to Tbilisi, Georgia - nighttime leg? Sure! Because I'm a horrible person, after all the eating and drinking and merriment this is def a TBC <3

Leg 6 - Georgia to Stepantsminda, Georgia - your token adventure time leg, starting in Tbilisi and ending up several thousand feet above sea level.

Leg 7 - Georgia to Goreme, Turkey - Cappadocia <3 Fairy chimneys, underground cities, actual artifacts of things, and not pretending to dazzle viewers by going to Istanbul just to say we went into and out of Asia.

Leg 8 - Turkey to Venice, Italy - Venice is going to sink at some point so we might as well get the summer leg it deserves out of the way. Detour will absolutely be a choice between "Merchant of Venice" and "Death in Venice" which involves either fileting meet or wearing pounds of makeup lol.

Leg 9 - Italy to San Marino, San Marino - This would be your token 'car' leg; since TAR was okay with teams driving 215 km JUST to get to a Pit Stop I don't see the harm in them driving a third of Italy to get to their first Route Info <3

Leg 10 - San Marino (to Italy) to Goree Island, Senegal - Every season of TAR there's a leg in which people watch poor people live their lives as usual. This is that leg. I imagine most of the leg will occur on the island, which also allows for a lot of 'make your way on foot' clues <3

Leg 11 - Senegal to Dakar, Senegal - I believe Plat ALSO wanted a penultimate leg in Africa so yay it fits <3

Leg 12 - Senegal (to New York City) to Niagara Falls, NY - Niagara Falls is one of the few finish lines that I've actually visited and there was SO MUCH they could've done - the casino, Twist of the Mist, going out to the Observation deck, exploring the various state parks, etc. Teams would fly from Dakar to JFK and then take charter flights to a ~mystery destination~ that conveniently arrive in the morning on the next day instead of burning time climbing ships and breaking into stadiums and whathaveyou.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I'm a newcomer here, and always a TAR fan!!!
I'm posting a wishlist 'bout the pre-season 27...  :waves:
 *Pretty sure India will make a comeback as double legs ( New Delhi/Hyderabad/or Chennai, anyone?)
 *Australia has'nt been visited since TAR18 and cancelled in TAR24 (would like to see Brisbane and Melbourne!!!)
 * Is there possibilities that the route would be from east-west???
 * Wish that Argentina and South Africa would visit this season!
* New countries like:
- Latvia ( the only baltic state was'nt visited UNLIKE Lithuania and Estonia)
- San Marino (If there's a chance to see this so, Italy is its nearest...)
- Laos
- Maldives!!!
- Macedonia (historical sightings!)
- Bulgaria
- East Timor/Brunei legs! haha!
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Great ideas! And welcome to RFF!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
 :) :) :)
Just a guess...
from West to East:
Leg 1: Los Angeles, CA to Australia- putting up a Starting Point in Beverly Hills' Greystone Mansion and then travel to Brisbane.
Leg 2: Australia- from Brisbane to Melbourne!
Leg 3: Australia to Maldives- Best to add Maldives here!
Leg 4: Maldives to India- from Male to Chennai
Leg 5: India - Hyderabad
Leg 6: India to Greece - best not to visit Athens but Santorini is!
Leg 7: Greece to Latvia- I think there's two options for a flight to Riga, it's either Santorini or to Athens...
Leg 8: Latvia to Italy- this From Riga to Rimini, Italy for flights.
Leg 9: Italy to San Marino - take a train, duh!
Leg 10:San Marino to Spain-  Barcelona is the shortest flight avail from San Marino
Leg 11: Spain- Must be from Barcelona to Madrid!
Leg 12: Spain to Boston, Massachussetts - for the first time!