Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538341 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 1 : New York City, NY to Glasgow, Scotland
Leg 2 : Glasgow to Dunblane, Scotland
Leg 3 : Dunblane to San Sebastian, Spain
Leg 4 : San Sebastian to Cairo, Egypt.
Leg 5 : Cairo, Egypt.
Leg 6 : Cairo to Doha, Qatar
Leg 7 : Doha to New Delhi, India
Leg 8 : New Delhi, India
Leg 9 : New Delhi to Perth, Australia
Leg 10 : Perth to San José, Costa Rica
Leg 11 : San José to Alajuela, Costa Rica
Leg 12 : Alajuela to Miami, Florida.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Angola is apparently really expensive for an African country though :(
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Area51

• RFF Not So Newbie
I like most everything the way it is but I would like them to stop giving second chances to losers just because for ratings they want to keep them on another week.  Sometimes they make it for another couple weeks but they are usually gone soon after they came in last once and were given a second chance.  "Fortunately, this not an elimination round."  Yeah, right!!!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I like most everything the way it is but I would like them to stop giving second chances to losers just because for ratings they want to keep them on another week.  Sometimes they make it for another couple weeks but they are usually gone soon after they came in last once and were given a second chance.  "Fortunately, this not an elimination round."  Yeah, right!!!

Non-Elimination legs are decided in advance before the cast is even finalized. Producers are bound not to change them at any point, hence the title of pre-determined non-elimination legs. Sometimes this inability to change them causes major problems for the producers, but they stick with it (Nick & Vicki, James & Abba)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
First North West finish since TAR13 in Portland, OR

TAR 23? (on that topic I'd say have *either* Seattle (preceded by Vancouver/Victoria) or more likely Montreal (followed by Boston)

Aaaaaaaand a route without a theme unless the theme is 'paying lip service to WRP's budget and planning':

START - San Francisco, California ("we're running out of places in LA to start in...it's either San Fran or the Big Brother house")
Leg 1 - Havelock Island, Andaman, India ("but I mean India is cheap right?")
Leg 2 - Assam Province, India (see above)
Leg 3 - Mumbai, India (see above, also I feel like 3 legs in India can be done well since there are really three distinct areas being explored as opposed to a massage parlor and  swimming pool in Beijing - no T, no shade)
Leg 4 - Triglav National Park, Slovenia via Austria (so instead of having a crappy mountain leg in the same Swiss mountain range, how about a trip back to the Julian Alps?)
Leg 5 - Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina ("but I mean two legs in former Yugoslavia is cost effective right?")
Leg 6 - Porto, Portugal ("right like Portugal is one of the cheapest countries in Europe that has decent infrastructure so ya")
Leg 7 - Luanda, Angola ("Africa isn't expensive plus there are like, direct flights and everything so that a team isn't completely stranded yay")
Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :) ")
Leg 9 - Katse, Lesotho ("It's like RIGHT THERE JEEZ")
Leg 10 - Iguazu Falls, Brazil ("hmm...we've had a leg here right? And there was a Brazilian edition there as well? AND the Latin one? The leg just wrote itself!")
Leg 11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ("the Internet says there was a boring leg here, we can actually afford to do better here")
Leg 12 - Phoenix, Arizona ("didn't some old woman complain about wanting to go here a while ago? omg plus it's close enough to LA that we can be home in time for dinner yaaaaas")

Also Lord help us if the race *does* start in the BB house  (:;)

A race start in BB house was so hilarious.  :funny: Brenchel and Jordeff appearance on stating line please. :lol:

I do agree India is cheap, but don't forget Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives are cheap as well. :lol:
So, try not to make the India is overused. The Andaman Island leg can be replaced by going to Maldives while Assam province can be replaced by going to Nepal, and the Mumbai leg can be replaced by going to Chittagong, Bangladesh.

Technically it is still 3 legit "Indian" legs but India was not overused. :lol:

Also how the heck do you fly commercially to the Andamans?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
They can perform a Roadblock with the indigenous tribe that has had no human contact!  :funny:
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
They can perform a Roadblock with the indigenous tribe that has had no human contact!  :funny:
Best idea ever.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

Best idea ever.

This  :lol:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

Best visit period: Early June - Late June
Start Line: Los Angeles, CA (Since WRP was being cheap nowadays.)
Leg 1: Seoul, South Korea (Korean Wave culture leg such as K Pop and Drama) :hearts:
Leg 2: Dunedin/Invercargill/Mount Cook, New Zealand (A winter + snow leg in New Zealand is long overdue)
Leg 3: Alice Springs/Uluru, Australia (A fantastic Australian outback leg is overdue)
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)
Leg 5: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)
Leg 6: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt:
Leg 7: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)
Leg 8: Sao Paulo, Brazil (An urban South America leg)

Leg 9: Manaus, Brazil (First ever Amazon leg in TAR US please)
Leg 10: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Hispanic Caribbean leg in TAR US please)
Leg 11: Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver, Canada (Long overdue full Canadian leg in TAR US)
Leg 12: Boston/Detroit/Seattle (Self driving across the border to the final destination city and finish line) :hearts:  (Special thanks to Zack. for remember me a Canadian border leg with a US border leg in following leg)

P/S: The route seem like it still expensive due to the route have a South Korea leg (South Korea leg expenses = Japan leg expenses), 3 Aus/NZ legs, a South Africa legs (it's expensive to have a leg actually), a transatlantic flights to South America, a leg in Sao Paulo, and a leg in Canada. :lol:

BUMP with some modification and change it to eastward route.

Best period: Broadcast for fall season (Filming start on Early/Mid June)

Staring Line: Los Angeles, USA
Leg 1: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic OR San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
Leg 2: Manaus, Brazil
Leg 3: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leg 4: Helsinki, Finland
Leg 5: Johannesburg, South Africa
Leg 6: Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 7: Lumbini, Nepal
Leg 8: Melbourne, Australia
Leg 9: Alice Springs, Australia
Leg 10: Dunedin/Invercargill, New Zealand
Leg 11: Seoul, South Korea
Leg 12: Chicago/Seattle, USA
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:25:53 PM by naejae91 »

Offline joshwills

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • my ox is broken
This might sound completely stupid but...

I have the idea of a twist which involves clue boxes with different clues.

I.e. when teams find a clue box, most of the route info's are the correct clue but one is wrong and will send the team in the wrong direction (providing they're not with an alliance etc.).
Once they get to the 'wrong' destination they find another clue box with the right destination inside.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
Also Lord help us if the race *does* start in the BB house  (:;)

Start line challenge: You have to cry a litre of tear like Rachel to get the 1st clue.  :'(

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR Philippines: African Adventure  :grins:

LEG 1: Manila, Philippines → Macau, China
LEG 2: Macau, China → Vientiane, Laos
LEG 3: Vientiane, Laos → Phuket, Thailand
LEG 4: Phuket, Thailand → Marrakech, Morocco
LEG 5: Marrakech, Morocco
LEG 6: Marrakech, Morocco → Arusha, Tanzania
LEG 7: Arusha, Tanzania → Zanzibar, Tanzania
LEG 8: Zanzibar, Tanzania → Livingstone, Zambia
LEG 9: Livingstone, Zambia → Antananarivo, Madagascar
LEG 10: Antananarivo, Madagascar → Port Louis, Mauritius
LEG 11: Port Louis, Mauritius → Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
LEG 12: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia → Isabela, Philippines

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
Ok here's my wishlist route that has a chance of 0.001% chance of ever happening on the race, and if ever this happens, they should rename the season to:

The Amazing Race: The Most Dangerous Route Ever

Leg 1: Detroit, Michigan to Cali ,Colombia
Leg 2: Cali, Colombia to Medelin, Colombia
Leg 3: Medelin Colombia to Recife, Brazil
Leg 4: Recife, Brazil to Manaus, Brazil
Leg 5: Manaus, Brazil to Nzérékoré, Guinea
Leg 6: Nzérékoré, Guinea to Bamako, Mali
Leg 7: Bamako, Mali to Baga, Nigeria
Leg 8: Baga, Nigeria to Marseille, France
Leg 9: Marseille, France to Weimar, Germany
Leg 10: Weimar, Germany to Baghdad, Iraq
Leg 11: Baghdad, Iraq to Damascus, Syria
Leg 12: Damacus, Syria to Pyongyang, North Korea
Leg 13: Pyongyang, North Korea to San Francisco, California (Finish Line: Alcatraz Island)

Before teams get on this season, they should sign a waiver promising not to sue if ever something happens to them.

I can imagine Phil saying "You will be getting a chance of what's it's like to experience life threatening situation"

And this too:
"And the team that makes it to the end, alive of course, will get a chance to win one million dollars."

I have a lot more in mind for this season, but for now I will leave it as it is :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I know there's a country in South America coming up this season, but they surely need to travel there more and visit new countries or Uruguay/Bolivia/Ecuador which haven't been visited in a long time! :wohoo:

Also, go back to Mexico/Canada/Costa Rica ASAP! :colors

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
I know there's a country in South America coming up this season, but they surely need to travel there more and visit new countries or Uruguay/Bolivia/Ecuador which haven't been visited in a long time! :wohoo:

Also, go back to Mexico/Canada/Costa Rica ASAP! :colors

This. Plus the Guatemala, and the Caribbean countries and territories. (Though I don't know whether they can go to Cuba in future)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
I wanna create old classic route while there are 12 teams racing with 13 legs.  :) But this route is probably impossible in many ways lol.

Leg 1 : Los Angeles, CA --> Adelaide, Australia (Urban legs in different city of Australia)
Leg 2 : Adelaide, Australia --> Rabaul, Papau New Guinea (To add some tropical to the route)
Leg 3 : Rabaul, Papau New Guinea --> Okinawa, Japan (Different destination for Japan)
Leg 4 : Okinawa, Japan --> Busan, South Korea (Long time no see South Korea!)
Leg 5 : Busan, South Korea --> Vladivostok, Russia (Ferry via Donghae would be interesting)
Leg 6 : Vladivostok, Russia --> Helsinki, Finland & Tallinn, Estonia (Long time no see for both countries! And so Finland can finally own their Pit Stop)
Leg 7 : Helsinki, Finland & Tallinn, Estonia --> Tozeur, Tunisia (African sahara leg)
Leg 8 : Tozeur, Tunisia --> Tunis, Tunisia (Ancient city leg)
Leg 9 : Tunis, Tunisia --> Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (I really do wish they would make a leg here someday :()
Leg 10 : Luxembourg City, Luxembourg --> Brussels, Belgium (TBC, driving from Luxembourg to Belgium)
Leg 11 : Brussels, Belgium --> Praia, Cape Verde (Cold --> Hot shock for teams)
Leg 12 : Praia, Cape Verde --> Torshavn, Faroe Islands (Then Hot --> Cool another shock again :funny:)
Leg 13 : Torshavn, Faroe Islands --> Philadelphia, Pensylvania

13 legs, 13 countries, 5 continents. I really wish I could find some space to add South America though.  :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish for more than 2 legs in Africa, in which there are about 8 to 11 teams still remaining, especially if it is around 11. :colors

Also, I still have not forgotten about my wish on having a final 10 NEL. :hoot:

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
Leg 1: USA (Miami) -> Mexico (Mexico City)
Leg 2: Mexico -> Brazil (Manaus)
Leg 3: Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 4: Brazil -> Angola (Luanda)
Leg 5: Angola -> Latvia (Riga)
Leg 6: Latvia -> Netherlands (The Hague)
Leg 7: Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Leg 8: Netherlands -> Israel (Tel Aviv)
Leg 9: Israel -> India (Jaipur)
Leg 10: India (Imphal)
Leg 11: India -> Mongolia (Ulaanbaatar
Leg 12: Mongolia -> USA (Los Angeles)
#TheMockingjayLives

Wadsy591

Locations: Venezuela, New Zealand, Australia, Nepal, more African countries, more Greece (Corfu or Crete), Montenegro, Slovenia, the Amalfi Coast in Italy, more Switzerland but without the snow, Gibralter and Canada

Wadsy591

Like the first post on this topic, I would create a wishlist based on legs and destinations.

If the race were 12 legs, I'd have a race like this:

Leg 1 : Los Angeles, CA --> Caracas, Venezuela (New city to start the season)
Leg 2 : Caracas, Venezuela --> Angel Falls, Venezuela (To add some tropical to the route)
Leg 3 : Angel Falls, Venezuela --> Nadi, Fiji (to the south pacific)
Leg 4 : Nadi, Fiji --> Coromandel, New Zealand (fly to Auckland, passing through Hamilton and Paeroa)
Leg 5 : New Zealand --> Mount Fuji, Japan (Via Tokyo City, and into the countryside)
Leg 6 : Mount Fuji Japan --> Katmandu, Nepal (into Katmandu, and then into the countryside)
Leg 7 : Langtang National Park, Nepal --> Harare, Zimbabwe (first time in TAR, and a nice change)
Leg 8 : Harare, Zimbabwe --> Charara Safari Area, Zimbabwe (scenic, exotic and nice)
Leg 9 : Charara Safari Area, Zimbabwe --> Triglav, Slovenia   (beautiful, luxurious and never seen before)
Leg 10 : Triglav, Slovenia -->Amalfi Coast, Italy (a beautiful and exotic paradise also known as Capri - Costa Di Amalfi)
Leg 11 : Amalfi Coast, Italy --> Toulouse, France  (then onto the Pyrenees national park at the south of France)
Leg 12 : Pyrenees, France --> Vancouver, Canada --> San Francisco, CA [Finish] (visiting Capilano Suspension Bridge, Stanley Park and VC island)

I was considering adding Slovenia or Montenegro to the list but I didn't want to exclude Italy or Greece
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:01:31 AM by Wadsy591 »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Did you mean

Leg 10: Corfu - Italy?

Wadsy591

Yes I did, cheers for picking that up.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
I'd love to see an older brother/sister team.  We've had the older Brother team E.g Ken & Gerard, and the older Sister team E.g Lisa & Joni, but never an older brother/sister team..... That I can remember anyway?  ???
We've had loads of young brother/sister teams, but I think the dynamics, and strategy for an older one would be very different.  :trampb:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish for something called a " Joint Effort Detour "

Maybe for one season detours would be different instead of teams choosing which detour to do, they would have to both do a diffrent side of the detour. Eg: Track or Pack - Aly does track / Steve does pack and if your Uturned you'd both have to do the challenge you didn't do.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
My own route:

Leg 1: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming (must do a long drive to LA airport) to Cancun, Mexico
Leg 2: Cancun, Mexico to Montevideo, Uruguay
Leg 3: Montevideo, Uruguay to Aruba
Leg 4: Aruba to Naples, Italy (A visit to Mount Vesuvius) (NEL)
Leg 5: Naples, Italy to Reykjavik, Iceland
Leg 6: Reykjavik, Iceland to Unalaska, Alaska
Leg 7: Unalaska, Alaska to Suva, Fiji (NEL)
Leg 8: Suva, Fiji to Queenstown, New Zealand
Leg 9: Queenstown, New Zealand to Bunaken, Sulawesi
Leg 10: Bunaken, Sulawesi to Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain (NEL)
Leg 11: Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain to Algiers, Algeria
Leg 12: Algiers, Algeria to San Juan, Puerto Rico (where most of tasks are here) to Atlantic City, New Jersey

Nearly, maybe, good and maybe impossible route!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies