Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538678 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tough to find a flight from Manaus to South Africa...  ???

There are plenty of flights from Manaus to Sao Paulo, where teams can take a daily Sao Paulo - Johannesburg flight (also seen in TAR 7 and 11) and then connect to one of many flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town.

Or if it's on the day where the Sao Paulo - Johannesburg flight doesn't operate then...I guess have a special two hour episode with the first hour being people trying to get out of Brazil <3

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Or if it's on the day where the Sao Paulo - Johannesburg flight doesn't operate then...I guess have a special two hour episode with the first hour being people trying to get out of Brazil <3

It's like TAR 2 Brazil to South Africa flight scramble switchback.  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Tough to find a flight from Manaus to South Africa...  ???

There are plenty of flights from Manaus to Sao Paulo, where teams can take a daily Sao Paulo - Johannesburg flight (also seen in TAR 7 and 11) and then connect to one of many flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town.

You can go to Luanda if you want <3 random Transatlantic flights <3

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Another Route Wishlist (Repost): :hrt:  

Start Line: Honolulu, HI (Southernmost starting line)

Leg 1: Seoul, South Korea (Korean Wave culture leg such as K Pop and Drama) :hearts:                                              (~ 4500 miles)
Leg 2: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)                                                                    (~ 2500 miles)
Leg 3: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt:                                                        (~150 miles)
Leg 4: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)                                    (~5200 miles)
Leg 5: Mbabane,
Swaziland                                                                                                                                                    (~200 miles)
Leg 6: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)            (~6300 miles)
Leg 7: Hobart, Australia (Exotic Tasmanian island leg)                                                                                                      (~370 miles)
Leg 8: Dunedin, New Zealand (Equivalence to old cities/heritage in Europe)                                                                 (~1150 miles)
Leg 9: Mount Cook, New Zealand (Equivalence to the OVERUSED Swiss/Austrian/German Alps snow leg)               (~150 miles)
Leg 10: Easter Island, Chile (Exotic Pacific/South American island leg) (Plane to Easter Island via Auckland-Papette or Auckland-Santiago)
(~4500 miles)
Leg 11: Guayaquil, Ecuador (South American leg with Ecuadorian culture infused)                                                       (~2600  miles)
Leg 12: Houston, TX or any other cities in US is deserved to have final leg.                                                                             (~2400 miles)
A TAR 7 style of route but this time without crossing the Atlantic Ocean. :luvya: 

4 legs in Australia and New Zealand can be make up for no Europe leg just like TAR 2.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:03:22 AM by 91zycn »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Don't do 4 legs in Oceania, split it w/ an extra African/Arabian leg, and add a Pacific Island leg in between Australia and NZ

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
TAR Asia ROute :) ??

Leg 1: Singapore > Hong Kong, China (To Be continued)
Leg 2: Hong Kong China > China (Kunming)
Leg 3: China > Russia (Vladivostok)
Leg 4: Russia > Kazakhstan (Astana)
Leg 5: Kazakhstan > Greece (Athens)
Leg 6: Greece > Spain (Madrid)
Leg 7: Spain > Botswana (Gabarone)
Leg 8: Botswana (Gabarone)
Leg 9: Botswana > Australia (Perth)
Lg 10: Australia (Darwin)
Lg 11: Australia > Philippines (Davao)
Lg 12: Philippines > Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?tripid=714594#/tripid/714594
Creating Routes ~

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Asia ROute :) ??

Leg 1: Singapore > Hong Kong, China (To Be continued)
Leg 2: Hong Kong China > China (Kunming)
Leg 3: China > Russia (Vladivostok)
Leg 4: Russia > Kazakhstan (Astana)
Leg 5: Kazakhstan > Greece (Athens)
Leg 6: Greece > Spain (Madrid)
Leg 7: Spain > Botswana (Gabarone)
Leg 8: Botswana (Gabarone)
Leg 9: Botswana > Australia (Perth)
Lg 10: Australia (Darwin)
Lg 11: Australia > Philippines (Davao)
Lg 12: Philippines > Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?tripid=714594#/tripid/714594

<333 but replace Perth and Darwin to Melbourne and Hobart. Then this route will become one of the best TAR Asia Route IMO.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR Philippines 3
Leg 1 - Manila, Philippines > Singapore > Malacca, Malaysia
Leg 2 - Malacca > George Town, Malaysia
Leg 3 - George Town > Bogor, Indonesia
Leg 4 - Bogor > Colombo, Sri Lanka
Leg 5 - Colombo > Male, Maldives
Leg 6 - Male > Kolkata, India
Leg 7 - Kolkata > Dhaka, Bangladesh
Leg 8 - Dhaka > Bangkok, Thailand
Leg 9 - Bangkok > Siem Reap, Cambodia
Leg 10 - Siem Reap> Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Leg 11 - Ulaanbaatar > Hong Kong
Leg 12 - Hong Kong > Basco, Batanes, Philippines
http://dryedmangoez.com/2015/01/21/the-amazing-race-philippines-dryedmangoez-edition-season-2/  :hoot:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I started reading the legs and while I'm grumbling at 2/3rds of a leg from a certain season of TAR being used, I saw the words "NEL envelope" and I was like YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

It doesn't go into too much detail but from what I imagine, Derek would have three envelopes and force the spared team to pick one - as I picture it one would have a Speed Bump for them to compete in the following leg (which would be converted into an ARI if they don't pick it), one has them Marked for Elimination, and one has no penalty yay!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I started reading the legs and while I'm grumbling at 2/3rds of a leg from a certain season of TAR being used, I saw the words "NEL envelope" and I was like YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

It doesn't go into too much detail but from what I imagine, Derek would have three envelopes and force the spared team to pick one - as I picture it one would have a Speed Bump for them to compete in the following leg (which would be converted into an ARI if they don't pick it), one has them Marked for Elimination, and one has no penalty yay!

Is it Sri Lanka from the season-that-must-not-be-named? lol

I did the Non-Elimination envelopes in "season 1" (lol) and my original choices were:
-Automatic U-Turn
-Automatic Yield
-Automatic 30 minute penalty at the next Pit Stop
-Marked for Elimination
-Speed Bump

The no penalty choice would be very interesting though! Never thought of that!

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
countries:
I really want Nepal, Columbia, Qatar and Laos leg!!!
Full leg with pitstop in Canada!!!
Revisit South Africa(!!!), Mexico, Hungary, Greece and Finland.
Russia and New Zealand for first leg!

cast:
*3MF + 4FF + 4MM cast please!  :luvya: Or 3MF + 5FF + 3MM, but I know that 5FF teams would be too much for CBS, so this is unreal.

*Or at least another season with 4FF teams, but with no so "weak" MM teams.

*Older 40+ FF team!!!!! Last older FF teams were in TAR16!!! I do not understand why only yong FF teams are cast now, especially when CBS have no problem with older MM teams - Ron&Tony, Tony&Bill, Art&JJ, Mark&Bopper, Gary&Will, Brent&Josh, James&Abba, Rowan&Shane, Micheal&Scott, Jon & Harley. That is 10 older MM teams in last 8 regular seasons, and no older FF team!!!

*Minimum mactors, celebrities and already famous people in cast!!! I know that TAR25 cast is loved by fans, but I do not like it! So many celebrities... Bethany was well known by public, wrestlers were famous and have a lot of fans, Keithney were known from Survivor, Misti is beauty queen, Isabele is host/model/actor, Lisa have rich and famous husband. Te Jay and cyclicts were clearly mactors. (drag queen and YouTube promo)  Only "regular" people in cast were Amaya, Shenici and firefighters.
TAR 26 format did not allow cast so many celebrities, but we have NKOTB and olympians there.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I REALLY want a South Canterbury  in New Zealand winter leg out of bias xD
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I'd love that too!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
countries:
I really want Nepal, Columbia, Qatar and Laos leg!!!
Full leg with pitstop in Canada!!!
Revisit South Africa(!!!), Mexico, Hungary, Greece and Finland.
Russia and New Zealand for first leg!

cast:
*3MF + 4FF + 4MM cast please!  :luvya: Or 3MF + 5FF + 3MM, but I know that 5FF teams would be too much for CBS, so this is unreal.

*Or at least another season with 4FF teams, but with no so "weak" MM teams.

*Older 40+ FF team!!!!! Last older FF teams were in TAR16!!! I do not understand why only yong FF teams are cast now, especially when CBS have no problem with older MM teams - Ron&Tony, Tony&Bill, Art&JJ, Mark&Bopper, Gary&Will, Brent&Josh, James&Abba, Rowan&Shane, Micheal&Scott, Jon & Harley. That is 10 older MM teams in last 8 regular seasons, and no older FF team!!!

*Minimum mactors, celebrities and already famous people in cast!!! I know that TAR25 cast is loved by fans, but I do not like it! So many celebrities... Bethany was well known by public, wrestlers were famous and have a lot of fans, Keithney were known from Survivor, Misti is beauty queen, Isabele is host/model/actor, Lisa have rich and famous husband. Te Jay and cyclicts were clearly mactors. (drag queen and YouTube promo)  Only "regular" people in cast were Amaya, Shenici and firefighters.
TAR 26 format did not allow cast so many celebrities, but we have NKOTB and olympians there.

+1
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish for another 12-team race. :trampb:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So I know somewhere here I had race routes inspired by the British and Portuguese empires; accordingly, here's the third season of such a thing:

Leg 1: St. Louis, Missouri to Wuhai, China
Leg 2: to Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
Leg 3: to Kratie, Cambodia (via Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
Leg 4: to Chennai, India
Leg 5: to Antananarivo, Madagascar
Leg 6: to Toliara, Madagascar
Leg 7: to Douala, Cameroon
Leg 8: to Wonga-Wongue Presidential Reserve, Gabon
Leg 9: to Andorra la Vella, Andorra (via Toulouse, France)
Leg 10: to Fontainebleau, France (via Paris)
Leg 11: to Montreal, Canada
Leg 12: to New Orleans, Louisiana

Sadly the Spanish empire isn't really diverse enough for a full season  :(

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
^ A bit of a stretch, but possible!

Leg 1: Miami, Florida, to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Leg 2: Arequipa, Peru
Leg 3: Lake Titicaca, Peru
Leg 4: Rosario (& surrounding areas), Argentina
Leg 5: Bata, Equatorial Guinea
Leg 6: Tangier, Morocco
Leg 7: Bilbao, Spain
Leg 8: Cebu/Mactan, Philippines
Leg 9: Iloilo City, Philippines
Leg 10: Taipei/Keelung, Taiwain
Leg 11: Koror, Palau
Leg 12: San Jose, California
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Another Route Wishlist with modification: :hrt:

Best visit period: Early June - Late June

Start Line: Los Angeles, CA (Since WRP was being cheap nowadays.)
Leg 1: Seoul, South Korea (Korean Wave culture leg such as K Pop and Drama) :hearts: 
Leg 2: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)
Leg 3: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt: 
Leg 4: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)
Leg 5: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)
Leg 6: Alice Springs/Uluru, Australia (A fantastic Australian outback leg is overdue)
Leg 7: Dunedin/Invercargill/Mount Cook, New Zealand (A winter + snow leg in New Zealand is long overdue)
Leg 8: Sao Paulo, Brazil (An urban South America leg)

Leg 9: Manaus, Brazil (First ever Amazon leg in TAR US please)
Leg 10: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Hispanic Caribbean leg in TAR US please)
Leg 11: Montreal, Canada (Long overdue full Canadian leg in TAR US, infused more Quebec culture)
Leg 12: Seattle, WA (First North West finish since TAR13 in Portland, OR)

A TAR 7 style of route but this time without crossing the Atlantic Ocean generally. :luvya: 

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I think the only problem with that route actually being picked up is that flying over the Pacific Ocean is pretty expensive, so doing it twice would probably be out of the question. Other than that, is very good!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
First North West finish since TAR13 in Portland, OR

TAR 23? (on that topic I'd say have *either* Seattle (preceded by Vancouver/Victoria) or more likely Montreal (followed by Boston)

Aaaaaaaand a route without a theme unless the theme is 'paying lip service to WRP's budget and planning':

START - San Francisco, California ("we're running out of places in LA to start in...it's either San Fran or the Big Brother house")
Leg 1 - Havelock Island, Andaman, India ("but I mean India is cheap right?")
Leg 2 - Assam Province, India (see above)
Leg 3 - Mumbai, India (see above, also I feel like 3 legs in India can be done well since there are really three distinct areas being explored as opposed to a massage parlor and  swimming pool in Beijing - no T, no shade)
Leg 4 - Triglav National Park, Slovenia via Austria (so instead of having a crappy mountain leg in the same Swiss mountain range, how about a trip back to the Julian Alps?)
Leg 5 - Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina ("but I mean two legs in former Yugoslavia is cost effective right?")
Leg 6 - Porto, Portugal ("right like Portugal is one of the cheapest countries in Europe that has decent infrastructure so ya")
Leg 7 - Luanda, Angola ("Africa isn't expensive plus there are like, direct flights and everything so that a team isn't completely stranded yay")
Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :)")
Leg 9 - Katse, Lesotho ("It's like RIGHT THERE JEEZ")
Leg 10 - Iguazu Falls, Brazil ("hmm...we've had a leg here right? And there was a Brazilian edition there as well? AND the Latin one? The leg just wrote itself!")
Leg 11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ("the Internet says there was a boring leg here, we can actually afford to do better here")
Leg 12 - Phoenix, Arizona ("didn't some old woman complain about wanting to go here a while ago? omg plus it's close enough to LA that we can be home in time for dinner yaaaaas")

Also Lord help us if the race *does* start in the BB house  (:;)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood

TAR 23? (on that topic I'd say have *either* Seattle (preceded by Vancouver/Victoria) or more likely Montreal (followed by Boston)

Aaaaaaaand a route without a theme unless the theme is 'paying lip service to WRP's budget and planning':

START - San Francisco, California ("we're running out of places in LA to start in...it's either San Fran or the Big Brother house")
Leg 3 - Mumbai, India (see above, also I feel like 3 legs in India can be done well since there are really three distinct areas being explored as opposed to a massage parlor and  swimming pool in Beijing - no T, no shade)
Leg 4 - Triglav National Park, Slovenia via Austria (so instead of having a crappy mountain leg in the same Swiss mountain range, how about a trip back to the Julian Alps?)
Leg 5 - Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina ("but I mean two legs in former Yugoslavia is cost effective right?")
Leg 6 - Porto, Portugal ("right like Portugal is one of the cheapest countries in Europe that has decent infrastructure so ya")
Leg 7 - Luanda, Angola ("Africa isn't expensive plus there are like, direct flights and everything so that a team isn't completely stranded yay")
Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :)")
Leg 10 - Iguazu Falls, Brazil ("hmm...we've had a leg here right? And there was a Brazilian edition there as well? AND the Latin one? The leg just wrote itself!")
Leg 11 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ("the Internet says there was a boring leg here, we can actually afford to do better here")
Leg 12 - Phoenix, Arizona ("didn't some old woman complain about wanting to go here a while ago? omg plus it's close enough to LA that we can be home in time for dinner yaaaaas")

I love the comments <3  :funny:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

I think the only problem with that route actually being picked up is that flying over the Pacific Ocean is pretty expensive, so doing it twice would probably be out of the question. Other than that, is very good!

Yeah. This is maybe a reason why we never see the a TAR7 style route again.

In that case I think this is how the route will it come from:

Best visit period: Early June - Late June
Start Line: Los Angeles, CA (Since WRP was being cheap nowadays.)
Leg 1: Seoul, South Korea (Korean Wave culture leg such as K Pop and Drama) :hearts:
Leg 2: Dunedin/Invercargill/Mount Cook, New Zealand (A winter + snow leg in New Zealand is long overdue)
Leg 3: Alice Springs/Uluru, Australia
(A fantastic Australian outback leg is overdue)
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia (A Night leg infused with Melbourne culture such as Melbourne shuffle dance)
Leg 5: Kathmandu, Nepal (Interesting Indian-ish leg with Nepali culture)
Leg 6: Lumbini, Nepal (Buddhism culture tribute leg in Buddhism cities) :hrt:
Leg 7: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa (Full leg focus in African urban cities and culture)
Leg 8: Sao Paulo, Brazil (An urban South America leg)

Leg 9: Manaus, Brazil (First ever Amazon leg in TAR US please)
Leg 10: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Hispanic Caribbean leg in TAR US please)
Leg 11: Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver, Canada (Long overdue full Canadian leg in TAR US)
Leg 12: Boston/Detroit/Seattle (Self driving across the border to the final destination city and finish line) :hearts:  (Special thanks to Zack. for remember me a Canadian border leg with a US border leg in following leg)

P/S: The route seem like it still expensive due to the route have a South Korea leg (South Korea leg expenses = Japan leg expenses), 3 Aus/NZ legs, a South Africa legs (it's expensive to have a leg actually), a transatlantic flights to South America, a leg in Sao Paulo, and a leg in Canada. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:41:48 AM by naejae91 »

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

Leg 8 - Port Elizabeth, South Africa ("I mean like four other races have been here, it'll be just like Trendy Connections :) ")

A race start in BB house was so hilarious.  :funny: Brenchel and Jordeff appearance on stating line please. :lol:

I do agree India is cheap, but don't forget Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives are cheap as well. :lol:
So, try not to make the India is overused. The Andaman Island leg can be replaced by going to Maldives while Assam province can be replaced by going to Nepal, and the Mumbai leg can be replaced by going to Chittagong, Bangladesh.

Technically it is still 3 legit "Indian" legs but India was not overused. :lol:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The route started out as a joke making fun of how the budget has impacted routes (triple India <3) but turned kinda serious lol.

Actual cheapish routing:

Leg 1 - Los Angeles, California to Mexico City, Mexico
Leg 2 - Teotihuacan, Mexico (or, more accurately, two legs around Mexico City lol)
Leg 3 - Waterloo, Belgium (yes, that one)
Leg 4 - Lake Balaton, Hungary
Leg 5 - Trieste, Italy
Leg 6 - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Leg 7 - Axum, Ethiopia
Leg 8 - Nevsehir, Turkey (Cappadocia leg whee!)
Leg 9 - Sylhet, Bangladesh
Leg 10 - Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Leg 11 - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Leg 12 - Los Angeles, California (when was the last time we made a full lap around the world?)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Angola is apparently really expensive for an African country though :(