Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1539041 times)

Online BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Night leg in Tokyo or New York would just be  :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
For twists, these are what I think might work:
-Leg 1 winner would win an express pass and an extra u-turn power.
-Leg 11 could still have 5 teams with that leg being a double elimination leg.
-Final leg can still have 4 teams, but one will be eliminated somewhere within that leg.
-The revival of the intersection during the final 10 or final 4 teams.
-The intersection-elimination twist wherein the total number of teams left in that leg is an odd number, the team that wouldn't be able to join forces with another team will be eliminated right away at the intersection. (unfair elimination though)
-The reincarnation of the intersection wherein the background of the intersection is red instead of yellow; however, the rules would be exactly the same as the double battle in TAR Israel 2 and the intersection at TAR Latin America 2.
-The return of the yield with some added twists. :hearts:
-The return of the hazard, this time the team who would receive the hazard will have to do it in every leg (except the final leg or by skipping it by means of a fast forward) until they win a leg or until they get eliminated. (brutal I guess)
-A special w-turn wherein the team who received the 1st u-turn can not use the 2nd one until they finish the other side of the detour.
-More fast forwards! About 3 to 6 fast forwards per race.
-2 TBC/"keep racing" pit stops in a row. (But this would probably exhaust the cast and the crew)
-More 1st leg NELs.
-A NEL penalty wherein the last team to arrive must complete a speedbump and must arrive 1st the following leg. If the team fails to arrive 1st, that team will receive a 30-min penalty. (For short: NEL penalty = speedbump + MFE) (may be brutal too)

My wishlist when I joined RFF. TAR25 FTW! :hrt:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
New fast foward
Nude model in public :cmas16
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
For twists, these are what I think might work:
-Leg 1 winner would win an express pass and an extra u-turn power.
-Leg 11 could still have 5 teams with that leg being a double elimination leg.
-Final leg can still have 4 teams, but one will be eliminated somewhere within that leg.
-The revival of the intersection during the final 10 or final 4 teams.
-The intersection-elimination twist wherein the total number of teams left in that leg is an odd number, the team that wouldn't be able to join forces with another team will be eliminated right away at the intersection. (unfair elimination though)
-The reincarnation of the intersection wherein the background of the intersection is red instead of yellow; however, the rules would be exactly the same as the double battle in TAR Israel 2 and the intersection at TAR Latin America 2.
-The return of the yield with some added twists. :hearts:
-The return of the hazard, this time the team who would receive the hazard will have to do it in every leg (except the final leg or by skipping it by means of a fast forward) until they win a leg or until they get eliminated. (brutal I guess)
-A special w-turn wherein the team who received the 1st u-turn can not use the 2nd one until they finish the other side of the detour.
-More fast forwards! About 3 to 6 fast forwards per race.
-2 TBC/"keep racing" pit stops in a row. (But this would probably exhaust the cast and the crew)
-More 1st leg NELs.
-A NEL penalty wherein the last team to arrive must complete a speedbump and must arrive 1st the following leg. If the team fails to arrive 1st, that team will receive a 30-min penalty. (For short: NEL penalty = speedbump + MFE) (may be brutal too)

My wishlist when I joined RFF. TAR25 FTW! :hrt:

Amazing wishlist, by the way. The ones in bold are the ones that I really want to happen. At least TAR25 had one of those done.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Not sure exactly where this goes but I heard about the USA looking to normalize relations with Cuba, could that mean that the US version of TAR could finally go to Cuba in the near future?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Not sure exactly where this goes but I heard about the USA looking to normalize relations with Cuba, could that mean that the US version of TAR could finally go to Cuba in the near future?
That was my first thought when I heard the news too.

---

I just remembered how the Trendy Connections Road Block has been done 3 times now AND by TARUS.  It brings me back to my incessant and annoying wish for TARUS to do Pig or Jig.   :cmaslol  If TARUS and Active TV think a simple sewing task is worthy, they MUST do Pig or Jig when (IF?!) they return to the Philippines  :xmas146

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Philimination had a great idea in the TAR26 Bitch, Moan and Squeal Thread.

A Blood vs Water type of twist would be much more interesting and less a deviation of the TAR format.

How about making it seem like they're doing another Family Edition, asking for teams of 4 to apply.  But then at the Starting Line, Phil drops the bomb that the teams will be split up and they must decide which 2 will Race with each other.  Essentially, each family of 4 will be split and must race as separate 2-person teams.  So 6 families split into 12 teams. 

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

A Blood vs Water type of twist would be much more interesting and less a deviation of the TAR format.

How about making it seem like they're doing another Family Edition, asking for teams of 4 to apply.  But then at the Starting Line, Phil drops the bomb that the teams will be split up and they must decide which 2 will Race with each other.  Essentially, each family of 4 will be split and must race as separate 2-person teams.  So 6 families split into 12 teams.

That could be an interesting twist but I forsee what happened in TAR 24 happening a lot with answer sharing.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika

That could be an interesting twist but I forsee what happened in TAR 24 happening a lot with answer sharing.

Yeah, I foresee it too... :cmas11

But, that could be interesting IF the Yield/U-Turn appears in every leg is back. :cmaslol Maybe we'll see some Yield/U-Turn decisions made because of their fellow family was U-Turned/Yielded. I foresee some revenge U-Turn/Yield. :cmas32:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
That was my first thought when I heard the news too.

Me too.  :cmaslol
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Would you be annoyed if answer is shared with one another every leg? That would be pointless.. and the reason why the BvW twist won't work on TAR.

Only unless they get 12 teams of 2, then swop every team with a different partner amongst the 12.

That would just render the whole TAR concept pointless.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
But they'd only be working with their family members and not other teams necessarily.
We could get U-Turn drama. Like Family 1-A U-turning Family 2-A who then U-Turns Family 1-B lol
Or the same family fighting for last place lol

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
How about cast more older team (Age 50-70) and put all of them in one season? I would like to see more older team dynamic like Meredith & Gretchen, Fran & Barry and Bill & Cathi.  :cmas51  :xmas146
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
How about cast more older team (Age 50-70) and put all of them in one season? I would like to see more older team dynamic like Meredith & Gretchen, Fran & Barry and Bill & Cathi.  :cmas51  :xmas146
That would be another edition, so even if I want it, it must not be put on TAR27.  :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
TAR Golden edition sounds like a viable concept but I'm afraid the competitive edge may be lessened and viewers may not tune in.

I just want them to do regular TAR. Like TAR25.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Golden edition sounds like a viable concept but I'm afraid the competitive edge may be lessened and viewers may not tune in.

I just want them to do regular TAR. Like TAR25.
This.

Also, wouldn't it be funny if there's a season with 7 TAR25 teams (not including the F4) and 4 new teams?  :cmaslol

Online BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Random thread I know

But Merry Christmas everyone it's 7:30 am here in London and I'm ready and exited  :cmas52

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
That would be another edition, so even if I want it, it must not be put on TAR27.  :cmaslol
TAR27 or beyond should be move back to normal cast but minus all the couple team (Including exes, separated, divorced, formerly dating couple, Only family and friends teams are cast) since couple team twist was used on TAR26. I would like to see a season with ABSOULUTELY NO couple team. (I know it most likely won't be happen.) :cmaslol

Btw Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone from Kuala Lumpur (4pm GMT+8)  :cmas52  :MC:  :HNY:  :cmas9

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR27 or beyond should be move back to normal cast but minus all the couple team (Including exes, separated, divorced, formerly dating couple, Only family and friends teams are cast) since couple team twist was used on TAR26. I would like to see a season with ABSOULUTELY NO couple team. (I know it most likely won't be happen.) :cmaslol

Btw Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone from Kuala Lumpur (4pm GMT+8)  :cmas52  :MC:  :HNY:  :cmas9

I think that TAR will be quite strange without the typical bickering couple that I either love or hate.  :cmaslol

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

I think that TAR will be quite strange without the typical bickering couple that I either love or hate.  :cmaslol

I think TAR 14 was already done that. The entire final 7 teams are all family and friends team since all the couple team are eliminated back to back. I found that the final 7 teams in that season have unique and more variety of team dynamics compare to other earlier season that time. (TAR 1-13). So I think it shouldn't have cause much problem on this kind of cast.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
My wishlist:

-Self-driving in developing third world countries in South America, Asia, and Africa (Not at wild). I wanna see how teams drive in streets of cities in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, and India.
-Please cast more stronger female teams and a team of beauty queens again!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Online BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
My wishlist:

-Self-driving in developing third world countries in South America, Asia, and Africa (Not at wild). I wanna see how teams drive in streets of cities in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, and India.
-Please cast more stronger female teams and a team of beauty queens again!

I never thought of that but that's an awesome idea, what about a roadblock where teams have to drive jeepneys around Manila  :cmas52

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
I never thought of that but that's an awesome idea, what about a roadblock where teams have to drive jeepneys around Manila  :cmas52
Amy & Maya can't even drive a bike around Manila without crashing. Now you want racers in jeepneys? :cmaslol
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amy & Maya can't even drive a bike around Manila without crashing. Now you want racers in jeepneys? :cmaslol
They only crashed because they didn't want to hit Misti & Jim
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
They only crashed because they didn't want to hit Misti & Jim
The Candy Girls' bike was stiff IIRC. :cmaslol