Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538727 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
First 2 Legs of a future TAR:

Leg 1: San Francisco → Albay, Philippines (Recycled TARAu2 premiere + TARA4)
Starting Line: Fort Baker, Sausalito, CA (Sound familiar? ;))
Starting Line Task: Use maritime flags to spell "PHILIPPINES." Then ride jetskis across Golden Gate to Crissy Field to choose between 7hr bus ride (arriving earlier which teams don't know) or 1hr plane ride from Manila to Legazpi City.
Route Marker: Lignon Hill, Legazpi
Detour: Cagsawa Ruins, Daraga - Pig or Jig
Task: Luyang Beach - Build Raft
Pit Stop: Mosboron Beach
TBC/KOR/Double/SuperLeg

Leg 2: Albay → Ilocos Norte (Partly recycled TARPH2, Leg 5)
Task: Paoay Sand Dunes, search for clue using ATVs
Road Block: Bangui Windmills, unlock wind turbine for clue
Detour: Laoag Public Market, Condiment or Main Dish
-Deliver burnay jars for, transport and deliver and eat bagoong or buy ingredients for and eat Ilocano dish dinengdeng.
Pit Stop: Paoay Church

:-[

http://dryedmangoez.com/2014/11/14/the-amazing-race-26-legs-1-2-san-francisco-%E2%86%92-albay-%E2%86%92-ilocos-norte/

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
I wish they didn't waste a 90-minute premeire episode on one that could be a trainwreck :/
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jig and Pig!~ :hrt:

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
My Wishlist: I wish they could visit Rothenburg ob der Tauber in Germany!!!  :fun  :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
San Francisco finale Leg! :wohoo:

Paris (Paris-Orly Airport) to Millbrae, California, USA (San Francisco Int'l Airport)
• San Francisco (Christmas Tree Point)
• San Francisco (Cable Car Museum)
San Francisco (Star Glass Co. & Russian Hill District or Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory)
• San Francisco (Cupid's Span)
• San Francisco (Fort Mason, Great Meadow)
• San Francisco (Gashouse Cove - East Harbor)
San Francisco (Alcatraz Island)

DETOUR: Home or Heritage | In Home, teams traveled by taxi to Star Glass Co. where they had to pick up two window panes and window repair supplies. Using only a photo of a San Francisco-style house as reference, teams must find the building on the photo, travel there on foot, and replace the two defective windows properly to receive their next clue. In Heritage, teams traveled by foot into one of the United States's oldest Chinatown districts. Teams had to find the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory, located on an obscure street (Ross Alley), where they must package four boxes of 60 fortune cookies in order to receive their next clue.
ROADBLOCK: "Who can slide things into perspective? | One team member had to rearrange a slider puzzle with pieces carved into the silhouette of eleven items encountered along the race. The racer has to match the silhouette with the numbered squate, corresponding with its Leg number, engraved under the slide-able pieces. Once the racer has all their piece in the correct spaces, they will receive their final clue.

Additional tasks:
• Riddles directing teams to Christmas Tree Point, the Cable Car Museum, and Cupid's Span.
• After the Roadblock, teams had to travel by foot to East Harbor where they had to select a marked boat and steer themselves across the San Francisco Bay to the Finish Line, Alcatraz Island.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Thinking about San Francisco as a Starting Line.  It's a very rainy, gloomy day today in the Bay Area.  It got me thinking all Starting Lines have had good weather, right? At least for TARUS.
It started raining at TARPH1's Starting Line just as host Derek Ramsay said "GO!" It was very cinematic. Hehe.

I'd love to see it rain and cold at a Starting Line WITH a Starting Line task!  That would be very exciting.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Thinking about San Francisco as a Starting Line.  It's a very rainy, gloomy day today in the Bay Area.  It got me thinking all Starting Lines have had good weather, right? At least for TARUS.
It started raining at TARPH1's Starting Line just as host Derek Ramsay said "GO!" It was very cinematic. Hehe.

I'd love to see it rain and cold at a Starting Line WITH a Starting Line task!  That would be very exciting.
Reminds me of TAR10's teams starting in Seattle with their jackets. :hearts:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More Fast Forwards! I want 3-5 per season!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Make it 4-6, haha. :lol:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Make it 4-6, haha. :lol:

No please, 1 per season is nice (for me). xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I agree with 1 or 2. Too many is overkill and makes legs too predictable IMO. The fast forward takers generally win the leg and knowing the winner of 6 legs would be annoying lol. jmo

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
They need to visit more of the European Islands for example Corsica and Sicily have been visited what about Sardinia I went there and it was absolutely beautiful also Ibiza and they forgot all about Crete Rhodes and all the Greek Islands. Also The Canary Islands I love Tenerife ( if they go there must be a task at Siam Park ) and the rest of the canaries but gr8 job S25 for The Shetlands Sicily and even MALTA!!!  :hearts:

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
They should have a task in New York where teams have to go out in a crowd of 1,000 locals wearing a Red Sox hat. Once the booing of the crowd reaches 110 decibels, they can run to their clue 500 ft behind them. However, the angry people in the crowd will also be running toward the clue with the intent of ripping it apart. Once teams finally get their clue, they can proceed on.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I agree with 1 or 2. Too many is overkill and makes legs too predictable IMO. The fast forward takers generally win the leg and knowing the winner of 6 legs would be annoying lol. jmo

The Fast Forward was great when there was one on every leg and there was so much strategy that went into deciding whether to take it or not. It's just a shame that this was way too expensive.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Another version of the Memory task that I want to appear on the show:

If they ever have a finale in LA again, maybe they could have the Memory task in Hollywood and be as follows:

The team must recreate each pit stop of each leg of the race. Starting with Leg 1 going to Leg 11, one team member must dress up as Phil while the other dresses up as the pit stop greeter. They would also have to arrange the set to match the surroundings of their pit stop (for example: if the ground was grassy, asphalt, etc; if it was night or day).

The task location would be a blank set for each team, with only a pit stop mat in the center. They would have all the costumes on one end and all props piled up on another. Maybe to mess with the teams, on one pit stop, Phil would stand on the right of the greeter instead of the left like he usually does.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline misty_falls

• RFF Newbie
A big wish: No crossover contestant from another reality show. It takes away a chance for more interesting people to get a spot as a cast. Less "dating" teams too.

I also took a liberty to make a mock up route like everyone did. I really wanted the show to feature exotic cities/towns and places with huge contrast from each other. For example, from the dense jungle of Africa to the frigid cold Arctic.

Starting Line: Oahu Island, Hawaii
Oahu is nicknamed as the Gathering Place and this will be the first place the teams will gather to start the race.

Leg 1: Melbourne, Australia
Leg 2: Perth, Australia
Leg 3: Harbin, China
Leg 4: Jilin, China
Leg 5: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Leg 6: Samarkand, Uzbekistan with an emphasis on the Silk Road
Leg 7: Kampala, Uganda with heavy emphasis on the Lake Victoria shoreline and community
Leg 8: Eastern Uganda (Wildlife centered)
Leg 9: Elsinore, Denmark - Elsinore is the setting for Shakespeare's Hamlet. It has gorgeous architecture and has a very medieval or classical feel in it.
Leg 10: Nuuk, Greenland - Yes, Greenland.
Leg 11: Quebec City, Canada

FINAL LEG: A night finale leg in CHICAGO, IL

A random wish for a leg: If TAR productions could team up with Nintendo, I would love to see a Nintendo themed leg in either Tokyo or Kyoto. What's interesting in doing it in Kyoto is the juxtaposition of the traditional Japanese city with the modern and eccentric Nintendo 8-bit themed tasks. Instead of a boring bland karting like they did this season in Italy, how about a Mario Kart themed. Also for the whole Nintendo themed leg, all racers will be given a Nintendo costume of either Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Toad.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
 :hiya, misty_falls!  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
A random wish for a leg: If TAR productions could team up with Nintendo, I would love to see a Nintendo themed leg in either Tokyo or Kyoto. What's interesting in doing it in Kyoto is the juxtaposition of the traditional Japanese city with the modern and eccentric Nintendo 8-bit themed tasks. Instead of a boring bland karting like they did this season in Italy, how about a Mario Kart themed. Also for the whole Nintendo themed leg, all racers will be given a Nintendo costume of either Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Toad.

Well, if you want something kinda close to that, I've written a fanfic that crosses over Mario and The Amazing Race. 5 seasons of it, in fact :P
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Starting Line: Oahu Island, Hawaii
Oahu is nicknamed as the Gathering Place and this will be the first place the teams will gather to start the race.

I also wish for a Hawaii Starting Line. :conf:

Well, if you want something kinda close to that, I've written a fanfic that crosses over Mario and The Amazing Race. 5 seasons of it, in fact :P

That was random, but it'd be really nice. :hearts: And yes, close to that is writing fanfiction. :lol: Btw GB, have I read any of your fanfictions? :lol: I wanna read those types of fanfics.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
You can find access to them on my deviantArt (gigaBowserNS). They should be all in groups according to season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thank you! :tup: :hugs:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
You can find access to them on my deviantArt (gigaBowserNS). They should be all in groups according to season.

are you the you tuber who did season 1 in five minutes if you are your vids are awesome

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

are you the you tuber who did season 1 in five minutes if you are your vids are awesome

Yes I am!

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
(It's a wishlist), I wish the teams would go to the city of Rothenburg (that's in Germany), well you said it is somewhere in Europe.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:14:35 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Wishlist:
Winter leg in South Hemisphere country (Eg. South Africa and New Zealand).
Night leg in major big city (Eg. Seoul, London, Auckland, Johannesburg, Taipei, Sao Paulo, Doha, Kuwait City etc.)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.