Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538659 times)

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
  • Guy,Alfronia & Gargamel (Schlutz Schrimmage)
All I want is another 12-team, 13-leg race again :hrt:
well maybe morocco and Tunisia would be safe
whoops sorry replied to the wrong post
Zeebra😜

Offline Zeebra

• RFF Full Member
  • Guy,Alfronia & Gargamel (Schlutz Schrimmage)
To TPTB:
Please refer to this wishlist if you can as I need TAR to skip Europe for one season just what you did on TAR2.

Leg 1: Portland, OR --> Mount Cook National Park, New Zealand
Leg 2: Mount Cook National Park, New Zealand --> Hobart, Australia
Leg 3: Hobart, Australia --> Melbourne, Australia
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia --> Jeju Island, South Korea
Leg 5: Jeju Island, South Korea --> Luang Prabang, Laos
Leg 6: Luang Prabang, Laos --> Vientiane, Laos
Leg 7: Vientiane, Laos --> Harare, Zimbabwe
Leg 8: Harare, Zimbabwe --> Porto Alegre, Brazil
Leg 9: Porto Alegre, Brazil --> Manaus, Brazil
Leg 10: Manaus, Brazil --> Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Leg 12: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic --> New Orleans, LA
i could probably just do with putting 4 European countries in two legs , here is my route:
Leg 1 :Niagara  falls (American side) ➡️ San Salvador El Salvador
Leg 2: San Salvador El Salvador ➡️ Angel falls venezuela➡️ Caracas Venezuela.
Leg 3: Caracas Venezuela ➡️ Lisbon Portugal ➡️ Cadiz Spain
Leg 4 : Cadiz spain➡️ Rabat morocco
Leg 5: Rabat morrocco➡️ Tunis Tunisia
Leg 6: Tunis tunisia➡️ Budapest Hungary ➡️ Bratislava Slovakia
Leg 7: Bratislava slovakia➡️ Istanbul Turkey ➡️ Dubai U .A.E
Leg 8 :Dubai U.A.E ➡️ Manama Bahrain
Leg 9:  Manama Bahrain ➡️ Pusan South Korea
Leg 10: Pusan South Korea ➡️ Pyongyang South Korea
Leg 11 Pyongyang South Korea ➡️ Perth Australia ➡️ Out back Australia ➡️ Sydney Australia
Leg 12: Sydney Australia ➡️ Port Villa Vanuatu 
Leg 13: Port Villa Vanuatu ➡️ Christchurch New Zealand ➡️ Columbus Ohio ( U.S.A )

I know they would never do this for budget reasons but I can allways dream  :colors
Zeebra😜

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
START LINE: Naval Station Great Lakes - North Chicago, IL :hrt:
Leg 1 (United States --> Mexico) | flight to Mexico City w/ Pit Stop at Teotihuacan
Leg 2 (Mexico --> Jamaica) | flight to Kingston; driving cross-country to Montego Bay
Leg 3 (Jamaica --> Colombia) | flight to Bogotá; bus to Chia, visit Zipaquira Salt Cathedral
Leg 4 (Colombia) | Self-drive towards Bucaramanga
Leg 5 (Colombia --> South Africa) | Palonegro Int'l Airport to Johannesburg; train to Pretoria
Leg 6 (South Africa --> Bulgaria) | flight to Sofia, Pit Stop at Rila Monastery
Leg 7 (Bulgaria --> India) | flight to Bhubaneswar
Leg 8 (India) | ferry to Kolkata via private charter dhow
Leg 9 (India --> Laos) | flight to Luang Prabang
Leg 10 (Laos --> China) | flight to Shanghai, find your way to Suzhou; last Pit Stop at the base of Grand Buddha in Wuxi
Leg 11 (China --> United States) | flight from Shanghai Pudong Int'l Airport to Houston, Texas!
FINISH LINE: Battleship USS Texas - La Porte, Texas
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Getting hyped for tomorrow night! Time to make India shine on their own Amazing Race program.
START LINE: Buddh International Circuit - Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Leg 1 (India) | Rickshaw ride in Delhi; take train to Jaipur; navigate Jaipur and surrounding areas in taxis & on foot
Leg 2 (India --> Singapore) | flight to Singapore; Sentosa MegaZip, Singaporean noodle-making task
Leg 3 (Singapore --> Cambodia) | flight to Siem Reap; Tonlé Sap floating village and Angkor Wat visited
Leg 4 (Cambodia --> Oman) | flight to Muscat; relative tasks around the city
Leg 5 (Oman) | rural self-drive to Nizwa and Manah; ride ATVs over sand dunes
Leg 6 (Oman --> Madagascar) | flight to Antananarivo; taxiing about the city
Leg 7 (Madagascar --> Greece) | flight to Athens, Greek heritage themed Leg
Leg 8 (Greece --> Italy) | ferry to Venice; TAR4 Carnival mask Roadblock; paddle along canal
Leg 9 (Italy) | train to Verona feat. "Romeo & Juliet" task; visit Lake Garda; Pit Stop in Milan
Leg 10 (Italy --> United States) | flight to Las Vegas; Stratosphere ride, ice bar cocktail luge task, buffet Roadblock, slots Fast Forward
Leg 11 (United States) | flight to San Francisco; bay window installment task, bread baking, piano delivery on foot, Fisherman's Wharf and Alcatraz visited
Leg 12 (United States --> India) | flight back to Delhi!
FINISH LINE: Hauz Khas Village Garden Pavilions - South Delhi, Delhi
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see more of South America (not Chile-Argentina-Brazil as always)  :res:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
Route with countries that have version of The Amazing Race

Leg 1: USA (NYC) -> Canada (Toronto)
Leg 2: Canada -> Norway (Bergen)
Leg 3: Norway (Oslo)
Leg 4: Norway -> Ukraine (Odessa)
Leg 5: Ukraine -> China (Tianjin)
Leg 6: China (Guangzhou)
Leg 7: China -> Vietnam (Hồ Chí Minh City)
Leg 8: Vietnam -> Philippines (Cebu)
Leg 9:  Philippines -> Australia (Canberra)
Leg 10: Australia -> Brasil (Recife)
Leg 11: Brazil (Brasília)
Leg 12: Brazil -> USA (Las Vegas)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:27:41 PM by SsossoJeff »
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
^^ Ooo! That's a great idea.  And then have the local hosts be the Pit Stop Greeters!  :hoot:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My view of TAR 26 or 'How can WRP dodge the various social, political, and health-related issues currently facing the world?':

STARTING LINE: Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois  - not Los Angeles! (given this show's history, though, we know what this means for the Finish Line...) Lincoln Park is large and secluded enough so as not to have spoilers.
LEG 1: to Zaragoza, Spain (via Madrid) - we've had exactly 1 full leg in continental Spain and it sucked *shrugs* Bonus points for referencing potato Jesus.
LEG 2: to Ordino, Andorra - I mean there are only certain unused countries in Europe we can go to, and though I was tempted to have a Malaga / Gibraltar 1-2 punch Andorra sets up for the next leg
LEG 3: to Toulouse, France to Athens, Greece - RB in Toulouse at night involving rockets so as to set up for the early morning departures to Athens. Not only was the first, last, and only Greek leg of the race horrid but there's enough flights and potential for enough difficult tasks to shuffle the order via actual skills.
LEG 4: to Mumbai, India - given that both Russia and the Middle East are Not Great Travel Destinations right now, I'm left having to make a somewhat large leap somewhere in Asia, thus I chose the place with the greatest chance of someone getting assaulted on a train  :hearts:
LEG 5: to Luang Prabang, Laos - what better way to counter the hustle and bustle of Mumbai then a country that's inherently slow paced? I certainly don't know.
LEG 6: to Uluru, Australia (via Alice Springs) - yup, that's a giant rock.
LEG 7: to Perth, Australia - again, the last time we visited Perth it sucked and even though it seems like it I'm not *just* trying to trash TAR 9  :snicker:
LEG 8: to Cape Town, South Africa - how is it we haven't been here in 10 YEARS?
LEG 9: to Thaba Bosiu, Lesotho - I feel like everyone, self included, has slotted Lesotho in a fantasy route at least once. I think it's the hat dance, myself.
LEG 10: to Buenos Aires, Argentina (via various cities in Buenos Aires Province) - again, the legs here haven't been the best, but I think that's largely because it's mostly been used as a transit hub rather than a destination in it's own right)
LEG 11: to Ollantaytambo, Peru (via Cusco and Maachu Pichu) - still not over TAR 7 going to Cusco then taking random trucks and then...not going to Maachu Pichu.
LEG 12: to Chicago, Illinois (like I said, history repeats itself <3 granted, slightly better than JUST deep dish pizza at Gino's)
FINISH LINE: Salvage One rooftop terrace, Chicago, Illinois

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My view of TAR 26 or 'How can WRP dodge the various social, political, and health-related issues currently facing the world?':

STARTING LINE: Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois  - not Los Angeles! (given this show's history, though, we know what this means for the Finish Line...) Lincoln Park is large and secluded enough so as not to have spoilers..
LEG 12: to Chicago, Illinois (like I said, history repeats itself <3 granted, slightly better than JUST deep dish pizza at Gino's)
FINISH LINE: Salvage One rooftop terrace, Chicago, Illinois
As a Chicago native, Promontory Park in Southside Chicago would make the perfect Finish Line. Quite discreet and a beautiful area for a panorama view of trees and buildings. :luvya:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would love a task where teams have to search through fortune cookies for their next clue! And to prevent a waste of food, they'll have to eat every cookie they go through. Or, to make it harder, find a fortune with the correct Chinese symbols. Has this been done before?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would love a task where teams have to search through fortune cookies for their next clue! And to prevent a waste of food, they'll have to eat every cookie they go through. Or, to make it harder, find a fortune with the correct Chinese symbols. Has this been done before?
Starting Line task for BTAR  :)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I want a Top 10 NEL for TARUS. :hrt:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

There was a task somewhat similar to this in TARAus1

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I want a Top 10 NEL for TARUS. :hrt:

This! ^^^
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I want Phil to start saying "MAY be eliminated" in the first leg.

Even without spoilers, it was so obvious that Leg 1 of TAR 18 & 19 were non-elimination points.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I want Phil to start saying "MAY be eliminated" in the first leg.

Even without spoilers, it was so obvious that Leg 1 of TAR 18 & 19 were non-elimination points.

:tup: I agree.

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
What do you guys think of this route?? I try to be realistic as possible

Leg 1: Los Angeles, California --> Andros, Bahamas
Leg 2: Andros Bahamas --> Lulea, Sweden
Leg 3: Lulea, Sweden --> Rotterdam, Netherlands
Leg 4: Rotterdam, Netherlands --> Prague, Czech Republic *SuperLeg*
Leg 5: Prague, Czech Republic (BLIND DOUBLE U-TURN)
Leg 6: Prague, Czech Republic --> Chipata, Zamibia)
Leg 7: Chipata, Zambia (Non-Elimination)
Leg 8: Chipata, Zambia --> Seoul, South Korea
Leg 9: Seoul, South Korea --> Shenyang, China
Leg 10: Shenyang, China --> Nanjing, China
Leg 11: Nanjing, China --> Bangalore, India (Double U-Turn) *TAR 14 teas*
Leg 12: Bangalore, India --> New York City *I need a night finale, it would be awesome*

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Now that I saw the post above me, I just realized that we never had an Indian penultimate leg. ???
I don't think we had an F5 or F6 in China as well.

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
1. US -> Chile
2. Chile -> Norway
3. Norway-> Denmark
4. Denmark -> Hungary -> Poland
5. Hungary -> Greece
6. Greece -> Turkey
7. Turkey -> Czech Republic
8. Czech Repub. -> Russia
9. Russia -> Kenya
10. Kenya -> China
11. China -> Canada
12. Canada -> Jamaica -> US

For the final memory challenge, teams must make a skit including the countries visited.

A: "I am hungary."
B: "Maybe you should czech the fridge."
A: "I'm russian to the kitchen."
B: "Maybe you will find some turkey."
A: "We have some but it is covered in greece."
B: "Ew, there is norway you can eat that."
A: "I think I'll settle for a can of chile."
B: "That sounds good, I would love a canada chile as well"
A: "Denmark your name on the can."
B: "I'll Polish it off!"
A: "You're jamaican me laugh!!'
C: "You two china' be funny? Kenya stop it, geez"
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Pi, the puns are making me tempted to give you a 1 hour penalty in BTAR.... :lol:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
Pi, the puns are making me tempted to give you a 1 hour penalty in BTAR.... :lol:
Rn my position wouldn't even change.  :funny:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Rn my position wouldn't even change.  :funny:
lol true
stupid lack of flights to Samoa

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
lol true
stupid lack of flights to Samoa
#FirstFlightFTW

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
Wishlist for a hopefully third season of The Amazing Race Norge (based on the 2015 Lonely Planet's top 10 list of countries for 2015)

Leg 1: Norway --> Ireland (Oslo to Dublin)
Leg 2: Ireland --> St. Lucia (Dublin to Castries, with visit in Soufriere)
Leg 3: St. Lucia --> Nicaragua (Castries to Managua)
Leg 4: Nicaragua --> Republic of Congo (Managua to Brazzaville)
Leg 5: Republic of Congo (Brazzaville to Pointe-Noire)
Leg 6: Republic of Congo --> Namibia (Pointe-Noire to Walvis Bay and Swakopmund)
Leg 7: Namibia --> Singapore (Windhoek to Singapore)
Leg 8: Singapore --> Philippines (Singapore to Palawan)
Leg 9: Philippines (Palawan to Manila)
Leg 10: Philippines --> Serbia (Manila to Belgrade)
Leg 11: Serbia --> Morocco (Belgrade to Tangier and Fez)
Leg 12: Morocco (Fez to Marrakech)
Leg 13: Morocco --> Lithuania --> Norway (Marrakech to Vilnius, Vilnius to Bergen)

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
Now that I saw the post above me, I just realized that we never had an Indian penultimate leg. ???
I don't think we had an F5 or F6 in China as well.

Indian penultimate leg will be awesome tbh. The final 4 fight against each other at the streets of India for the final 3 spot and added double uturn to the mix, it will be an episode that full of drama which I will like tbh.