The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (847/966) > >>

PikaBelleChu:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on June 17, 2018, 07:27:39 PM ---Leg 1: Los Angeles to Christchurch, New Zealand
Leg 2: Christchurch to Uluru, Australia
Leg 3: Uluru to Bontoc, Philippines
Leg 4: Bontoc to Laoag City, Philippines
Leg 5: Laoag to Amman, Jordan
Leg 6: Amman to Tel Aviv, Israel
Leg 7: Tel Aviv to Rome, Italy/The Vatican
Leg 8: Rome to Johannesburg, South Africa
Leg 9: Johannesburg to Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 10: Cape Town to London, England
Leg 11: London to Liverpool/Manchester, England
Leg 12: England to Boston, USA

I do think Jordan and Israel might deserve two legs each so it might be best to have them on different seasons.

--- End quote ---

Swap both Laoag and Bontoc and you will get Cebu City and Iloilo City as Legs 3 and 4. Iloilo City is the no. 1 best airport in the Philippines and no. 12 in Asia.

dryedmangoez:

--- Quote from: justmjlayson on June 17, 2018, 10:44:12 PM ---Swap both Laoag and Bontoc and you will get Cebu City and Iloilo City as Legs 3 and 4. Iloilo City is the no. 1 best airport in the Philippines and no. 12 in Asia.

--- End quote ---
I'm partial to the North since my family is from there.  :-[
The Philippine Legs from TAR5 and TAR25 have either been more tropical (Palawan) or urban (Manila/Cavite) with a little bit of rural with the carabaos/ox of course.

So I've been hoping for TAR to do a more cultural Leg, which they haven't done yet in the Philippines. Bontoc/Mountain Province and any of the cordilleras can definitely fulfill that. A nice Detour or Road Block involving traditional native dances. Plus more rural, farm-like tasks. And I paired a Bontoc Leg with Laoag so they can travel over land and just because the Bangui windmills, Paoay church and sand dunes would be beautiful to feature.

The Laoag Leg can be swapped out for Baguio or Vigan (TARA5-style Leg) too.

PikaBelleChu:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on June 18, 2018, 12:23:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: justmjlayson on June 17, 2018, 10:44:12 PM ---Swap both Laoag and Bontoc and you will get Cebu City and Iloilo City as Legs 3 and 4. Iloilo City is the no. 1 best airport in the Philippines and no. 12 in Asia.

--- End quote ---
I'm partial to the North since my family is from there.  :-[
The Philippine Legs from TAR5 and TAR25 have either been more tropical (Palawan) or urban (Manila/Cavite) with a little bit of rural with the carabaos/ox of course.

So I've been hoping for TAR to do a more cultural Leg, which they haven't done yet in the Philippines. Bontoc/Mountain Province and any of the cordilleras can definitely fulfill that. A nice Detour or Road Block involving traditional native dances. Plus more rural, farm-like tasks. And I paired a Bontoc Leg with Laoag so they can travel over land and just because the Bangui windmills, Paoay church and sand dunes would be beautiful to feature.

The Laoag Leg can be swapped out for Baguio or Vigan (TARA5-style Leg) too.

--- End quote ---

Overall it's a good route. That's why we love the Philippines most.

dryedmangoez:
To help decide between Laoag, Vigan and Bontoc, here are some of the possible tasks on each hypothetical leg  :-[

Laoag, Ilocos Norte
(I forgot I had already made up a whole leg here lol)
-Paoay Sand Dunes – Recycling the basket task from other TARs
-Something at Bangui Windmills
-Detour: Working with bagoong/bugguong (fermented fish or shrimp) or a typical market shopping task

Vigan, Ilocos Sur
-Longganisa Task (Making or Eating... or both)
-Something with a horse and calesa or cart along the cobblestone roads. Recycle the TARAu/TARPH1 task of transporting pots on a cart?

Bontoc, Mountain Province
-Traditional banga/jar dance
-Something with the rice terraces
-Make the 1 hour+ journey to neighboring Sagada and the hanging coffins?

Also, any location in the Cordillera region would be good. Very cultural Legs possible. Kalinga province might be easier access with direct flight from Manila to Tuguegarao. Then an hour drive to Kalinga's capital of Tabuk.

Any of the locations
-Pig or Jig (FINALLY) or just an Active Route Info or Road Block catching a couple of pigs.
-Also Pig or Palayok Detour. Instead of Jig, a modified and more difficult version of Pukpok Palayok (pinata with a pot)

CocoNuts:
Anyone who makes really good tar maps pm me.... need one for a fanfic that will nor be posted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version