Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1549859 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Let's say that the Big Brother Edition of 31st season should work out with this full destination travels:

(4 Continents, 11 Countries)

Leg 1: USA to Taiwan
Leg 2: Taiwan to New Zealand
Leg 3: New Zealand to Australia
Leg 4: Australia
Leg 5: Australia to Laos
Leg 6: Laos to Myanmar
Leg 7: Myanmar to Israel
Leg 8: Israel to Latvia
Leg 9: Latvia to Bulgaria
Leg 10: Bulgaria to Slovenia
Leg 11: Slovenia to Italy
Leg 12: Italy to USA

Feel like going to Asia then Oceania and back to Asia and then Asia to Europe and finally back to USA.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I really hope TAR31 visits over-used countries, such as China, India (and hey why not, SYDNEY. Throw in the Sunshine and Cairns again, why don't ya? :res:)!

This season DOES NOT deserve a good route, such as Israel, Latvia, Myanmar and Laos!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
I really hope TAR31 visits over-used countries, such as China, India (and hey why not, SYDNEY. Throw in the Sunshine and Cairns again, why don't ya? :res:)!

This season DOES NOT deserve a good route, such as Israel, Latvia, Myanmar and Laos!

Because Australia is way long overdue and has not visited since Unfinished Business. It needs to be the first country to visit for TAR 31 perhaps its winter away in the Southern Hemisphere. It would be the first American TAR to visit Oceania in Southern Hemisphere winter.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:09:25 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member

TAR 31 complaints aside, it would make perfect sense if they visited Fiji tbh

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
To be honest, I would be happy if they visited it this season as opposed to last, when we all speculated they would.
As cliche as it may sound, I trust that TAR could pull off a nod to Survivor seasons airing there. And it would be cool for the contestants, I guess.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
To be honest, I would be happy if they visited it this season as opposed to last, when we all speculated they would.
As cliche as it may sound, I trust that TAR could pull off a nod to Survivor seasons airing there. And it would be cool for the contestants, I guess.

Please see my post above, TAR hasn't traversed the western route since TAR 26 and it is been awaiting for so long that Australia is the first country to visit after teams leave Los Angeles.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Please see my post above, TAR hasn't traversed the western route since TAR 26 and it is been awaiting for so long that Australia is the first country to visit after teams leave Los Angeles.

Fiji has been waiting even longer.
And visiting Fiji doesn't eliminate the possibility of visiting Australia.
Fiji is closer to the west coast as compared to Australia, so Teams can fly from LAX to Suva or Nadi, spend 1 or 2 legs in Fiji, following which they can visit Australia.

Gra1162

YASSSSS Fiji bourkie would go crazy is its australia too but I would 100% rather Tasmania than Melbonue  :lol: (sorry bourkie)

Fiji is closer to the west coast as compared to Australia, so Teams can fly from LAX to Suva or Nadi, spend 1 or 2 legs in Fiji, following which they can visit Australia.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Unpopular opinion: I would appreciate a visit to India again!

Since season 7, we've yet to see teams interact in western India. I would love to see the action take place in luxurious Udaipur, the metropolis of Ahmedabad, or revisit Jodhpur just for the sake of "we have a bad elephant" again.

Show content
Who could say no to this jewel? :lol:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:47:15 AM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Since season 7, we've yet to see teams interact in western India. I would love to see the action take place in luxurious Udaipur, the metropolis of Ahmedabad, or revisit Jodhpur just for the sake of "we have a bad elephant" again.

Show content

Unpopular opinion to your unpopular opinion:
Visit the north-eastern states instead. They've already gotten the shorter end of the stick from the Indian government, face racism and discrimination on a daily basis and have little to no development in their areas because of corruption.

I do agree north-east India is a little bit similar to south-east asia, but north-east India is filled with beautiful sights and amazing spots for adventure activities. They're also brimming with culture, and plus all international versions of TAR seem to visit Rajasthan and other Western Indian states instead.
And besides, if you want a bad elephant switchback, travel to southern states. I'm really unsure as to why they showed the elephant task in Rajasthan when you don't even find elephants there. Camels are more common there. Southern states revere the elephant more (As seen in TAR 20 Leg 10).

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook

YASSSSS Fiji bourkie would go crazy is its australia too but I would 100% rather Tasmania than Melbonue  :lol: (sorry bourkie)

Let's be honest Fiji would be ruled out for TAR 31 as it is being reserved for Survivor seasons till 2020. Australia is better for the starting destination in Oceania region.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!

Show content

Visit the north-eastern states instead. They've already gotten the shorter end of the stick from the Indian government, face racism and discrimination on a daily basis and have little to no development in their areas because of corruption.

I do agree north-east India is a little bit similar to south-east asia, but north-east India is filled with beautiful sights and amazing spots for adventure activities. They're also brimming with culture, and plus all international versions of TAR seem to visit Rajasthan and other Western Indian states instead.
And besides, if you want a bad elephant switchback, travel to southern states. I'm really unsure as to why they showed the elephant task in Rajasthan when you don't even find elephants there. Camels are more common there. Southern states revere the elephant more (As seen in TAR 20 Leg 10).
Popular opinion. :tup: I remember the camel feeding Roadblock in Jaipur in season 14, but that's still a very interesting fact to me. All in all, India still has a mix of different sceneries, dialects and cultures that deserve to be explored and not shunned despite TAR visiting the country many times in the past. Probably my favorite over-visited country by TAR. And I do agree north-east India needs a visit - Gangtok is a beautiful town and kind of reminds me of a mini-sized La Paz, Bolivia. Plus, it's accessible to the original Darjeeling estates!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Fingers crossed for Amritsar  :)x

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Claude, there are hundreds of islands in Fiji, so they don't necessarily need to go where Survivor films.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Show content

Popular opinion. :tup: I remember the camel feeding Roadblock in Jaipur in season 14, but that's still a very interesting fact to me. All in all, India still has a mix of different sceneries, dialects and cultures that deserve to be explored and not shunned despite TAR visiting the country many times in the past. Probably my favorite over-visited country by TAR. And I do agree north-east India needs a visit - Gangtok is a beautiful town and kind of reminds me of a mini-sized La Paz, Bolivia. Plus, it's accessible to the original Darjeeling estates!

Yes!! Darjeeling is a beautiful hamlet. You'll find many towns like Darjeeling along Assam, lined with tea plantations and sites reminiscent of a British colonization. Logistics is a concern as there is only one major international airport (Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati) for the 7 states in the north east. Digboi in Assam has a crude oil refinery and they should visit that too. Still, a myriad of cultures to be explored. Look up the Hornbill festival and you'll be amazed !

Fingers crossed for Amritsar  :)x

Seconded! The Golden Temple is a HUGE complex. And it's beautiful. And it remains open late till the night (I just visited in December) and opens early in the morning. Having a night leg and overnight rest within the temple complex is an idea waiting to happen. The Punjab government has transformed the entire complex, so you'll find many shops (including a McDonald's, sigh) within a 100 metres of the Temple. It's extremely well maintained and the people are very friendly, so can't wait for TAR to visit them  :2hearts:
I've had a leg in a fanfic. Based on the Golden Temple, teams can spend the night half of the leg in Amritsar and then cross the Indo-Pakistani Border (The Wagah Border, as far as I can remember tourists can cross the border but local citizens can't) to Lahore, another cultural hub. I can't believe they've visited India so many times but skimmed over Pakistan.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Here are two routes I'd like to see for S31 and/or S32, and if you know me, you know I love to make 13 legs with 12 teams

Westward Route:
Starting Location: The Getty Villa (Los Angeles Area, USA)
Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA to Nadi, Fiji (EL- 12th place)
Leg 2: Fijian Islands close to Nadi, Fiji (EL- 11th place)
Leg 3: Nadi, Fiji to Melbourne, Australia (EL- 10th place)
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia to Taipei, Taiwan (W-turn; EL- 9th place)
Leg 5: Taipei, Taiwan to Delhi, India (NEL- 8 teams)
Leg 6: Delhi to Amritsar, India (EL- 8th place)
Leg 7: Amritsar, India to Amman, Jordan (EL- 7th place)
Leg 8: Amman, Jordan to Akagera National Park, Rwanda (NEL-6 teams)
Leg 9: Kigali, Rwanda (EL- 6th place)
Leg 10: Kigali, Rwanda to Pompeii, Italy (W-turn; EL- 5th place)
Leg 11: Pompeii, Italy to Wroclaw, Poland (KRL- 4 teams)
Leg 12: Wroclaw, Poland to Amsterdam, Netherlands (EL- 4th place)
Leg 13: Amsterdam, Netherlands to Minneapolis, USA (Finale)

Eastward Route:
Starting Line: La Brea Tar Pits and Museum (Los Angeles)
Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA to Belize City, Belize (EL- 12th place)
Leg 2: Belize City, Belize to Cuzco, Peru (EL- 11th place)
Leg 3: Cuzco to Juliaca, Peru (EL- 10th place)
Leg 4: Juliaca, Peru to Dover, England, UK (W-turn; EL- 9th place)
Leg 5: London, England, UK to Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire (NEL- 8 teams)
Leg 6: Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire (EL- 8th place)
Leg 7: Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Budapest, Hungary (EL- 7th place)
Leg 8: Budapest, Hungary to Muscat, Oman (NEL- 6 teams)
Leg 9: Muscat, Oman to Singapore (EL- 6 teams)
Leg 10: Singapore to Luang Prabang, Laos (W-turn; EL- 5th place)
Leg 11: Luang Prabang to Pakse, Laos (KRL- 4 teams)
Leg 12: Pakse, Laos to Osaka, Japan (EL- 4th place)
Leg 13: Osaka, Japan to Seattle, USA (Finale)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Visit Bangalore, so Violet can track them!  :conf: :cheer:

Pakistan is still too dangerous too visit. I mean, their own cricket team won't play in their own country!

I think that War needs to end, before TAR can visit an amazing country!

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

Got ya! It's just a joke! None of the new countries would ever be visited by the Big Brother. so I'm hoping for a full returning countries like:

> Australia - Go for Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Cairns or Adelaide as it is long overdue.
> New Zealand - Auckland, of course.
> Taiwan - Taipei should be visited again.
> India - 2 new locations for me,  Amritsar and Bangalore.
> Cambodia - Phnom Penh, maybe visited again?
> Malaysia - Penang, Malaysia for sure.
> Austria - this time go for Salzburg.
> Poland - a new location, maybe Pozńan?
> Italy - Bologna and Pisa as new locations or a return to Florence?
>  Spain - Bilbao, please!
> Switzerland - Basel, please!
> Germany - Frankfurt or a new location: Cologne, Black Forest, Bremen, or Stuttgart?
> South Africa and Egypt, for sure, will be visited again.

What do you think guys?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Claude, there are hundreds of islands in Fiji, so they don't necessarily need to go where Survivor films.

The problem is the flights between the daily flight between Los Angeles to Nadi occurs only one flight. In every TAR season, the producers arranged the pre-determined two or three flights to the first city.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:53:53 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The problem is the flights between the daily flight between Los Angeles to Nadi occurs only one flight. In every TAR season, the producers arranged the pre-determined two or three flights to the first city.

Not necessarily, there's one daily flight from LAX to Nadi & a flight via San Francisco.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook

Got ya! It's just a joke! None of the new countries would ever be visited by the Big Brother. so I'm hoping for a full returning countries like:

> Australia - Go for Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Cairns or Adelaide as it is long overdue.
> Germany - Frankfurt or a new location: Cologne, Black Forest, Bremen, or Stuttgart?

What do you think guys?

You should add these countries are stated for TAR 31:

• Australia - Melbourne is most likely and it is a way long overdue since TAR 23-24. Last visited since UB.
  • Japan - Osaka should be visited again, as well as either Kyoto or Nara.
  • South Africa - Johannesburg will be seen to visit again. The race should travel to Pretoria, please.
  • Sweden - Stockholm revisit please, mostly in Stockholm city area.
  • Spain - Barcelona will have a full leg after last visited the area in TAR 10 that was a partial leg.
  • Colombia - Bogota for sure and the Colombian capital will finally be visited in the original.

New countries

• Myanmar  - Yangon for sure and has many temples and pagodas. An unvisited Southeast Asian country will make its first TAR appearance.
  • Latvia - Riga it is! Unvisited Baltic nation will make a complete list of Baltic countries to be visited in TAR (Lithuania in TAR 12 and Estonia in TAR 15).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:36:49 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

What do you think guys?

You should add these countries are stated for TAR 31:

• Australia - Melbourne is most likely and it is a way long overdue since TAR 23-24.
  • Japan - Osaka should be visited again, as well either Kyoto or Nara.
  • South Africa - Johannesburg will be seen to visit again. The race should travel to Pretoria, please.
  • Sweden - Stockholm revisit please, mostly in Stockholm city area.
  • Spain - Barcelona will have a full leg after last visited the area in TAR 10 that was a partial leg.
  • Colombia - Bogota for sure and the Colombian capital will finally be visited in the original.

New countries

• Myanmar  - Yangon for sure and has many temples and pagodas.
  • Latvia - Riga it is! Unvisited Baltic nation will make a complete list of Baltic countries to be visited in TAR (Lithuania in TAR 12 and Estonia in TAR 15).

Oh I forgot some other countries. yours is perfect for a new season. and ges, Sweden and Spain sure makes a good combo for hot & cold visits. If Latvia gets a visit, then the baltic states arr now complete.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Qantas has a non-stop flight between Los Angeles to Melbourne occurs nightly, only one flight as well. At least there are connections to Melbourne via Sydney or Brisbane, also in Qantas.

Here are the flights shown from Los Angeles to Melbourne (via Sydney or Brisbane) other than the non-stop flight as which is a lot cheaper:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:50:51 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'll imagine Phil to be on the LAX to Melbourne direct...

First six teams would most likely go LAX-Sydney-Melbourne

Second six teams would most likely go LAX-Brisbane-Melbourne

Brisbane Airport sucks! It's small and there's not much to do there!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Visit Bangalore, so Violet can track them!  :conf: :cheer:

Pakistan is still too dangerous too visit. I mean, their own cricket team won't play in their own country!

I think that War needs to end, before TAR can visit an amazing country!

Mehh.
https://www.quora.com/How-safe-is-travelling-in-Pakistan
This is from October 2017.
Pakistan is just filled with a bunch of people who are unsatisfied with the governance. The only hostility they might show, is against Indians.
It is not the safest, albeit I think they would allow American citizens.