Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1551102 times)

Gra1162

I did no reserch on this but I would love Tar to go to Turkmenistan (but is it safe? I dunno) They have to go to doors the hell place
I just searched and it was level one so I think its safe
Plus i would love Tar to go to Angola,Kiribati,Belarus (however only 5 day stay still enough for two legs) :conf:

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Angola is never happening. It is ridiculously hard to get a visa for Americans, also Luanda is a tremendously expensive city thanks to inflation. I think I read something about a watermelon costing $100

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Countries that are yet to be visit by teams:

Central & South America: Nicaragua, Guyana, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Caribbean Islands, French Guiana, The Bahamas

Africa: Ivory Coast, Gabon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Liberia, Angola, Lesotho, Rwanda

Asia: Brunei, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Israel, Jordan, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus

Europe: Belarus, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Bulgaria

Oceania: American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Palau, Marshall Islands

Nicaragua = 2
Guyana = 2
Belize = 2
Guatemala = 3
El Salvador = 3
Caribbean Islands :
Cuba = 3
Dominican Republic = 2
Haiti = 3 
Honduras = 3
Jamaica = 2
Trinidad and Tobago = 2
Turks and Caicos = 2 
The Bahamas = 2
Ivory Coast = 2
Maldives = 2
Nepal = 2
Israel = 2
Jordan = 2
Saudi Arabia = 2

I highly doubt these ^ would be visited. Everything else are a 1, so they're good to go!
Jamaica was visited in season 7. You missed out on some pretty great moments if you haven't watched them. :) Uchenna & Joyce's cash comeback, the limbo task, and "Martha Stewart, look out".

My bad! I forgot. I fixed it.

Gra1162

Angola is never happening. It is ridiculously hard to get a visa for Americans, also Luanda is a tremendously expensive city thanks to inflation. I think I read something about a watermelon costing $100
But in seychelles everything is so expensive I think i herad something about 8 euros for some bannaas and  2 euros for 1 banna (ignore my spelling)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
But in seychelles everything is so expensive I think i herad something about 8 euros for some bannaas and  2 euros for 1 banna (ignore my spelling)

In the Seychelles, they use rupees, not euros. 1 US dollar is equal to 13.80 Seychellois rupee. Seychellois rupees (Paper) are 10, 25, 50, 100, and 500. What might be seen as about 100 rupees in the Seychelles, might be really cheap. But if you look at something costing 100 dollars in the USA, might be very expensive. Please start doing more research, before I and other people start to correct you. Also stop trying to prove us wrong when we actually do hard work researching and making changes to our posts. You should also start proofreading your posts as well. Don't mean this in a negative way and start accepting criticism.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:20:27 PM by NELs »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Regarding the Seychelles, if I'm remembering accurately production partnered with the country's tourist board AND that leg had the forced 7-up promotion, meaning cost may have been less of an issue in that leg.

More importantly, what would they do in Angola? Not to be combative but I'm curious; wiki doesn't really provide anything unique that would be worth featuring over a different destination (*coughs*Senegal, Rwanda*coughs*).

Gra1162

Regarding the Seychelles, if I'm remembering accurately production partnered with the country's tourist board AND that leg had the forced 7-up promotion, meaning cost may have been less of an issue in that leg.

More importantly, what would they do in Angola? Not to be combative but I'm curious; wiki doesn't really provide anything unique that would be worth featuring over a different destination (*coughs*Senegal, Rwanda*coughs*).
National parks like other African countries I like Angola cause I saw a pic of Angola and it was beautiful

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
https://macauhub.com.mo/2018/03/28/pt-angola-emite-vistos-de-entrada-a-chegada-para-cidadaos-de-61-paises/

As it happens, as of two days ago, Angola has made itself easier to visit.

What a coincidence.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
https://macauhub.com.mo/2018/03/28/pt-angola-emite-vistos-de-entrada-a-chegada-para-cidadaos-de-61-paises/

As it happens, as of two days ago, Angola has made itself easier to visit.

What a coincidence.

A presidential order from February provides for four African countries (Botswana, Mauritius, Seychelles and Zimbabwe) and one Asian country (Singapore) to be exempt from tourist visas and 61 countries to benefit from a procedure to simplify the process of granting a tourist visa.

Algeria, Cabo Verde (Cape Verde), Madagascar, Malawi, Morocco, Lesotho, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland and Zambia are countries that have benefited from simplification processes and in Europe, in addition to the 28 countries that make up the European Union, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Monaco, Norway, United Kingdom, Russia, Switzerland and Vatican City are included in the presidential order.

Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Cuba, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela are the American countries covered by the visa simplification process and in Asia the order specifies China, South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, India, Indonesia, Israel and Japan, with Australia, New Zealand and Timor-Leste (East Timor) covered in Oceania. (macauhub)

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/6619.htm

I think Angola should be safe nonetheless...

EDIT: I use wikitravel as a source (I'm pretty sure it's a reliable source of info) of background verification and...

In general, you shouldn't travel within Angola without the assistance of qualified personnel. However, if you follow some basic rules, travelling in Angola isn't dangerous. First of all, travelling after dark and alone is never a good idea. If possible, join with several cars of the same make and model because of the possible need for spare parts. Carry a satellite telephone in the case of a breakdown or other emergency. Be aware, that while Iridium satellite phones have global coverage, Thuraya satellite phones have coverage in most of Angola, but may not have coverage in the southern parts of the country.

Avoid using your camera in front of police (dressed in blue uniforms). Photography will result, at best, in a very heavy fine, but could also have more dire consequences.

NEVER step beyond the red and white HALO Trust posts. These denote mine fields.

Due to the high rate of HIV in the country, all forms of prostitution are illegal, and punishments are severe.

Yeah... the race will DEFINITELY pass on Angola.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 01:55:40 AM by violetb1911 »

Gra1162

I Made this list cause I am bored and I am in Zhuhai China so can’t do much research
San Diego,California (start)
Harbin,China (elimination leg)
Upaanbaatar,Mongolia (elimination leg)
Ashgabat,Turkmenistan(elimination leg)
Derweze,Turkmenistan (non elimination leg)
Sofia,Bulgaria (elimination leg)
Tirana,Albania (ordered to countinue racing)
Split,Croatia (elimination leg)
Cape Town,South Africa(its level 2 so I think it’s still fine)(elimination leg)
Libreville,Gabon (non elimination leg)
San Juan,Puerto rico (elimination leg)
Castries,Sanit Lucia (elimination leg)
Las Vegas,Nevada (finals)
I did a bit of recerch

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Albania, Gabon, Puetro Rico and Cape Town isn't happening! :lol:

Gra1162

Well most of them are level one so I guess it was ok except South Africa (I did little research cause I have really bad WiFi cause I am having Easter break at zhuhai :si:)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

I think Albania is okay, my friend (who is Albanian) is in Tirana right now.

but Cape Town  :groan: you need to watch the news, like China doesn't block you from seeing CT is in a massive crisis right now as well as Puerto Rico.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Wishlist I stormed up this weekend:

L1 : New York, USA --> Valencia, Spain --> Ibiza, Spain [U-TURN, KOR]
L2 : Ibiza, Spain --> Gdansk, Poland --> Malbork, Poland [ELIM]
L3 : Malbork, Poland --> Nida, Lithuania --> Juodkrante, Lithuania [Via the Curonian Spit] [ELIM] [Self-Drive]
L4 : Juodkrante, Lithuania --> Palanga, Lithuania --> Vilnius, Lithuania [Going via Palanga because Palanga has an airport] [ELIM]
L5 : Vilnius, Lithuania --> Rovaniemi, Finland [Head-to-Head, ELIM]
L6 : Rovaniemi, Finland --> Nairobi NP, Kenya --> Tana River [Intersection, W-TURN NEL]
L7 : Tana River, Kenya --> Nairobi, Kenya [ELIM]
L8 : Nairobi, Kenya --> Vang Vieng, Laos [ELIM]
L9 : Vang Vieng, Laos --> Singapore [ELIM, U-TURN]
L10 : Singapore --> Jakarta, Indonesia [NEL]
L11 : Jakarta, Indonesia --> Queenstown, New Zealand {including Milford Sound!} --> Dunedin, New Zealand [Self-Drive] [ELIM]
L12 : Dunedin, New Zealand --> Seattle, USA

I need verification on Spain = 2, Kenya = 2 and Indonesia = 2, everything else is a 1.
I KNOW that some of these places have been visited before [Spain, last visit s24, Poland last visit s27 and Gdansk last visit s23, Lithuania last visit s12, Finland last visit s10, Kenya last visit s5, Singapore last visit s25, Indonesia last visit s28, New Zealand last visit s22] but still
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:20:16 AM by violetb1911 »

Gra1162

I think Albania is okay, my friend (who is Albanian) is in Tirana right now.

but Cape Town  :groan: you need to watch the news, like China doesn't block you from seeing CT is in a massive crisis right now as well as Puerto Rico.
It's true now the news in China are mostly about Korean pop stars are going to north Korea and also Kim jong um

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I wonder when will the The Amazing Race finally visit Timbuktu, Mali?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

Sadly, not right now Mali is at a 4. Which means it is unsafe to visit, but when the country becomes safe to visit I would love a visit to Timbuktu.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

Sadly, not right now Mali is at a 4. Which means it is unsafe to visit, but when the country becomes safe to visit I would love a visit to Timbuktu.

*sigh* I wish the wars will stop in North and Central Africa. Gabon, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde and Liberia are safe, right?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!

*sigh* I wish the wars will stop in North and Central Africa. Gabon, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde and Liberia are safe, right?

Here are the stats
Gabon: 1, So they can go here
Cote D'Ivoire: 2, Maybe, if they avoid certain areas.
Cabo Verde: 1, So yes
Liberia: 1, So yes

I also wish the wars can stop.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I'm sure the following countries that should visit are:

> Australia & New Zealand - would love to see both. Why not have the starting point from Hawaii then get to New Zealand for Leg 1 and Australia for Legs 2 and 3.

> Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Bangladesh or another new Asian Country - I'm sure they'll be visiting Asia again. range from Legs 4 to 6. a new country must be either Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Israel, Kyrgyzstan, Jordan, or Uzbekistan.

> South Africa - a visit to South Africa is a must. Legs 7 and 8.

Legs 9 to 11 has two options.

TWO OPTIONS:
If Europe:
> Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Hungary, Romania, Ireland, Germany or a new country - I'm sure these are the ones that should visit by the Amazing Race. New country include Slovenia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Moldova and or Latvia.

If South America and Central America:
> Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Costa Rica, and The Carribean countries - What if Africa to South America to Central America then back to USA in Minneapolis, Minnesota or St. Louis, Missouri? I'd love to see that!

Gra1162

I'm sure the following countries that should visit are:

> Australia & New Zealand - would love to see both. Why not have the starting point from Hawaii then get to New Zealand for Leg 1 and Australia for Legs 2 and 3.

> Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Bangladesh or another new Asian Country - I'm sure they'll be visiting Asia again. range from Legs 4 to 6. a new country must be either Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Israel, Kyrgyzstan, Jordan, or Uzbekistan.

> South Africa - a visit to South Africa is a must. Legs 7 and 8.

Legs 9 to 11 has two options.

TWO OPTIONS:
If Europe:
> Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Hungary, Romania, Ireland, Germany or a new country - I'm sure these are the ones that should visit by the Amazing Race. New country include Slovenia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Moldova and or Latvia.

If South America and Central America:
> Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Costa Rica, and The Carribean countries - What if Africa to South America to Central America then back to USA in Minneapolis, Minnesota or St. Louis, Missouri? I'd love to see that!

Yes I think all of the countries should get a visit except maybe India I wish they could start at Fiji instead of new Zealand though Israel would be nice but I would love them to go to Turkmenistan it's so beautiful there I would rather Europe than south America and I think 1 leg in South Africa (Joshanberg or that ostrich town ) and 1 leg in Mauritius or reunion island

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I made a list of travel destinations that should be visit by teams although some countries are at medium to high level of danger.

Leg 1: USA to San Juan, Puerto Rico
Leg 2: Puerto Rico to Caracas, Venezuela to Maracaibo, Venezuela
Leg 3:  Venezuela to George Town, Guyana
Leg 4: Guyana to Libreville, Gabon
Leg 5: Gabon to Monrovia, Liberia
Leg 6: Liberia to Sarajevo, Bosnia
Leg 7: Bosnia & Herzegovina to Jaipur, India
Leg 8: Jaipur to Jodhpur, India
Leg 9: India to Auckland, New Zealand
Leg 10: Auckland to Rotorua, New Zealand
Leg 11: New Zealand to Suva, Fiji
Leg 12: Fiji to USA

Actually, this is not happening. lol.

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie

Interesting combination you have there on Leg 1. The issues I have with this is: with a U-TURN so early in the season, most racers will not even consider using it; also having a U-TURN and KOR on Leg 1 means that the field could be spread out alot (unless you bunching them at the airport going to Poland).

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

Interesting combination you have there on Leg 1. The issues I have with this is: with a U-TURN so early in the season, most racers will not even consider using it; also having a U-TURN and KOR on Leg 1 means that the field could be spread out alot (unless you bunching them at the airport going to Poland).

Yes, I thought about it.
I made the following changes - L1 [U-TURN] , L6 [W-TURN] , L9 [U-TURN]

Split the teams - 3 flights from New York to Valencia, then have some tasks in Valencia and then sign up for ships to Ibiza. Remember sign ups on premiere legs [TAR 25, *cough* michael and scott *cough* lisa and michelle *cough*] ?? Hoping for a similar reaction.

And even if they don't use the u-turn then there are 2 u-turns more on the race. So not that big of a deal.

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
Countries that are yet to be visit by teams:

Central & South America: Nicaragua, Guyana, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Caribbean Islands, French Guiana, The Bahamas

Africa: Ivory Coast, Gabon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Liberia, Angola, Lesotho, Rwanda

Asia: Brunei, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Israel, Jordan, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus

Europe: Belarus, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Bulgaria

Oceania: American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Palau, Marshall Islands

Nicaragua = 2
Guyana = 2
Belize = 2
Guatemala = 3
El Salvador = 3
Caribbean Islands :
Cuba = 3
Dominican Republic = 2
Haiti = 3 
Honduras = 3
Jamaica = 2
Trinidad and Tobago = 2
Turks and Caicos = 2 
The Bahamas = 2
Ivory Coast = 2
Maldives = 2
Nepal = 2
Israel = 2
Jordan = 2
Saudi Arabia = 2

I highly doubt these ^ would be visited. Everything else are a 1, so they're good to go!
Jamaica was visited in season 7. You missed out on some pretty great moments if you haven't watched them. :) Uchenna & Joyce's cash comeback, the limbo task, and "Martha Stewart, look out".

Laos was visited in TAR Vietnam 4 and Kyrgyzstan was visited in this season of HaMerotz LaMillion :-)
Costa Rica was visited in TAR 8:Family Edition and TAR Latin-America.
Dominican Republic and Guatemala has been visited in TAR Latin-America.
Cuba has been visited in TAR Australia 2, TAR Canada 4 and HaMerotz LaMillion 3

They also haven't visited San Marino, Andorra, Albania, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Moldova in Europe.

Andorra is on a 3rd level of safety so I highly doubt it would visit by the teams. There are two reasons:
(1) There's a war between Catalan and Spain.
(2) It is mountainous like Bosnia so self-driving is a bit difficult.

You can visit Andorra and/or Barcelona, because there is no war between Spain and Catalonia, just a conflict. It's not on the level, like Syria. And it's relatively stable there now. But Andorra is safe.

And saying it's mountainous like Bosnia, and therefore difficult to self-drive there....Well, they did self drive to the Andes Mountains in season 7. But perhaps, a whole leg in Andorra might be a overkill.