The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (792/966) > >>

nrh2110:
There are direct flights on both United and Norwegian from Barcelona to Newark! Also, I'd prefer a Los Angeles starting line over a finish line, bc I personally don't see TAR going off of 30 and breaking the 18 season streak of always going to LA.

As for Tibet, Tibet is fine, I have no clue what you're talking about. I know people who have traveled to Tibet. You're making the Tibetans sound like savages (which btw is not cool, dude), when they're actually ridiculously nice and friendly people. Tibet has such a beautiful culture and it would be awesome for TAR to do a visit there.

claude_24hrs:
Love it, Zack! Here is my route analysis for TAR 31 on a summer 2018 filming:

See my post at page 155

Show contentSTART: Oxnard Beach Park, Oxnard, California
LEG 1: Melbourne, Australia
LEG 2: Port Campbell, Great Ocean Road, Australia
LEG 3: Osaka and Nara, Japan
LEG 4: Vientiane, Laos
LEG 5: Siem Reap, Cambodia
LEG 6: Johannesburg, South Africa
LEG 7: Pretoria, South Africa
LEG 8: Stockholm, Sweden
LEG 9: Riga, Latvia
LEG 10: Barcelona, Spain
LEG 11: Bogota, Colombia
LEG 12: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Show contentRoute Map

START: Oxnard (Its getting away for starting line around LA area than Ventura County)
Starting line task: Teams must find a sailboat at Channel Islands Harbor for 11 marked buoys into a distinct color code in each boat. Once they found a right color on the boat, they would get a clue. Teams are provided with marked vehicles to Los Angeles International Airport to one of two Qantas flights to Melbourne (leaving 50 minutes apart).
LEG 1: Melbourne (flight) (I do generally Australia is way long overdue and we will visit Old Melbourne Gaol and Eureka Tower Pit Stop)
LEG 2: Great Ocean Road (drive) (It is time for a scenic view in South Central Victoria to see The Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge; teams would have to drive from Melbourne CBD to Cape Otway Lighthouse at Apollo Bay)
LEG 3: Osaka and Nara (flight) (The first half of the leg to focus in Nanba district and travel to Nara for the remainder of the leg to do ninja techniques)
LEG 4: Vientiane (flight) (It will be the first TAR in the country of Laos, Patuxai is one of notable landmarks in the city)
LEG 5: Siem Reap (flight) (Revisiting the old wonders in the city and Angkor Wat would have a pendant match into a correct Buddhist monk)
LEG 6: Johannesburg Metropolitan Area (flight, then drive) (Just like Zimbabwe 1 in the last season, it is going to be taken in rural outside Joburg like taking rappel down the caves at Sterkfontein Caves and looking gem stones in RB)
LEG 7: Pretoria (train) (Urban African legs; take a Gautrain from Johannesburg Park Station to Pretoria Station; Apartheid-era tasks)
LEG 8: Stockholm (flight) (Vikings task like searching rune stones and riding Viking boats)
LEG 9: Riga (ferry) (Another unvisited nation to complete the Baltic country list and visiting Soviet-era bunkers)
LEG 10: Barcelona (flight) (Within a majority of overused Western European countries such as France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Switzerland; its cultural and amidst places like Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia)
LEG 11: Bogota (flight) (Tasks between Fernando Botero and coffee bean tasks outside the city; the penultimate leg in South America could be worthy)
LEG 12: Minneapolis (flight) (This is the right spot for the summer and will get a flight from BOG to MSP via MIA or IAH departs on midnight and that arrives in the morning; teams would have to rappel down 4 stories inside Mall of America and some tasks in neighboring Saint Paul like the State Capitol and Memory Task in Minnetonka Orchards)

PIT STOPS
LEG 1: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne
LEG 2: Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell
LEG 3: Nara Deer Park, Nara
LEG 4: Pha That Luang, Vientiane
LEG 5: Pre Rup Temple, Siem Reap
LEG 6: Nelson Mandela Square, Johannesburg
LEG 7: Fort Klapperkop, Pretoria
LEG 8: Waldemarsudde, Stockholm
LEG 9: Latvian Ethnographic Open Air Museum, Riga
LEG 10: Montjuïc Castle, Barcelona
LEG 11: Bogota Botanical Garden, Bogota
LEG 12: Longfellow House, Minneapolis (finish line)

MAJOR CHANGES
Johannesburg and Pretoria legs have replaced both Cape Town legs due to the ongoing water crisis in that city.

violetb1911:

--- Quote from: Gra1162 on March 26, 2018, 06:41:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: nrh2110 on March 26, 2018, 06:02:54 AM ---I'm procrastinating on this paper that I need to write for my Korean history class, so here's a route I came up with!

Starting Line: Rancho Los Alamitos, Long Beach, California
Leg 1: Raratonga, Cook Islands
Leg 2: Christchurch, New Zealand (I'd love to see a leg in Christchurch, especially around Mount Cavendish. I went there in December and it was beautiful)
Leg 3: Lhasa, Tibet, China
Leg 4: Tibet, China (have Leg 4 be exclusively Lhasa and then Leg 5 explore the Himalayas, maybe a sherpa task)
Leg 5: Goa, India (night leg)
Leg 6: Astana, Kazakhstan
Leg 7: Frankfurt, Germany
Leg 8: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Leg 9: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Leg 10: Douala, Cameroon
Leg 11: Barcelona, Spain
Leg 12: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (fly to Newark)

--- End quote ---
NO NO NO Tibet is in xibei in china witch is  north west in english and you have lots of tribes and if you say something wrong like for example pig zhu they have the right to kill you so I think the china legs could be Harbin? or Xian if you want xibei area cause there arn't as many tribes and its much better plus the communication is better Harbin is a much better choice

--- End quote ---

I know people who live in Tibet. No offense but NONE of this happens there?

violetb1911:

--- Quote from: nrh2110 on March 26, 2018, 09:41:17 AM ---
As for Tibet, Tibet is fine, I have no clue what you're talking about. I know people who have traveled to Tibet. You're making the Tibetans sound like savages (which btw is not cool, dude), when they're actually ridiculously nice and friendly people. Tibet has such a beautiful culture and it would be awesome for TAR to do a visit there.

--- End quote ---

YES. The people are peaceful and they don't particularly like to involve themselves in warfare. I mean the place also holds religious significance (Potala Palace) so I don't really see them reserving the right to kill.

Zack.:
I feel like Minneapolis would be the perfect end city for a race with a motif of books given all the used book stores that are in the city.

Finish line would obviously be here  :)x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version