The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (789/966) > >>

NELs:

--- Quote from: G.B. on March 25, 2018, 12:42:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: NELs on March 25, 2018, 12:26:46 AM ---If there's any part of the world that I find underrated I would say it's Central Asia. Why doesn't TAR visit these "-stan" countries. The only one they visited is Kazakhstan. Central Asia needs more love. Of course they won't visit Afghanistan or Pakistan right now. I want them to stop visiting China and Southeast Asia in general. It's overdone, if you want to visit this region again then visit Laos or Myanmar (Burma), those will be something new. I want all the SAFE "-stan" countries visited. I would personally choose Kyrgyzstan as my pick for the next they visit. Many of the former Soviet Union nations in Asia have grown safe between the time the separated and to present day. Another country that I find surprising that the race has not gone back and visited is Kenya. I know it might be a bit iffy, but the thing thing they did in TAR 5 is one of the most infuriating things the race has ever done. I would rant about that on the "Worst TAR leg" thread later on. They can go to the major national park there. I would also want Canada to finally have a pit stop. My top two picks for cities they can do penultimate legs in are Winnipeg and Vancouver. After that they can Go to Minneapolis (Winnipeg penultimate) or Seattle (Vancouver penultimate).

--- End quote ---

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but TAR Israel just visited Kyrgyzstan a few months ago and spent two legs in and around Bishkek.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I am aware, although I did not watch the season myself, I did read your guys' recaps and thoughts about the episodes one by one after each one aired. I would personally want Tashkent, Uzbekistan to be paired with Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. As two consecutive legs.

violetb1911:

--- Quote from: Gra1162 on March 24, 2018, 09:03:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: violetb1911 on March 24, 2018, 10:32:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zack. on March 24, 2018, 07:20:01 AM ---Just glancing but it seems Bhutan is 1 and while I know the visa situation there is complex, I think there's precedent for TAR visits being "sponsored" by some agency or organization so maybe? 99% sure they would make it an NEL though lol

--- End quote ---

Not really! I visited Bhutan in early 2017 and Bhutan is not that strict with visa admissions I forgot I'm an Indian and Indian citizens get a visa on arrival...
Still though, Bhutan Is BEAUTIFUL. It's worth all the hassle.

--- End quote ---
But For me a hongkonger it is so much harder i took me so long to get my visa for Bhutan and lots of chinese and hongkongers want to go there so its really hard I think it is the Same for the other countries that are not nieghbours of Bhutan.

--- End quote ---

I understand. However the government of Bhutan only issues visa(s) on arrival only to citizens of India, Bangladesh and Maldives. Bhutan is a country that places a heavy importance and prioritizes its environment and is not willing to sacrifice its forestry at the cost of foreign exchange and tourism, so naturally the country is a bit hostile to tourists. However if you respect the nature around them they're pretty friendly on the inside. The Bhutanese constitution has made special arrangements on environmental laws so you need to be very careful so as to not pollute.

Marionete:

--- Quote from: G.B. on March 24, 2018, 11:23:39 PM ---It's a weird screwed up world when Djibouti and Myanmar are safer to visit than France, Italy, Germany and the UK...

--- End quote ---
And why do you think that places like Djibouti and Myanmar should be more unsafe?

G.B.:

--- Quote from: Marionete on March 25, 2018, 03:17:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: G.B. on March 24, 2018, 11:23:39 PM ---It's a weird screwed up world when Djibouti and Myanmar are safer to visit than France, Italy, Germany and the UK...

--- End quote ---
And why do you think that places like Djibouti and Myanmar should be more unsafe?

--- End quote ---

Don't put words in my mouth, you know what I mean. I'm talking about the U.S. Goverment's travel site that Peach linked above.

Marionete:
Haha, maybe I didn't word it correctly. :cmaslol
I was asking, why do you think that Djibouti and Myanmar should be more unsafe than France, Italy, Germany and the UK? Cause you said it was weird.
The mentioned European countries have some terrorist risk linked to them, and D & M (especially D) don't seem to have any risks attached to them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version