The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (783/966) > >>

NELs:

--- Quote from: Gra1162 on March 22, 2018, 08:12:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on March 22, 2018, 06:25:33 PM ---I highly doubt any country would alienate TAR viewers. Especially now.
And to be honest, I think a return to Russia would alienate more viewers than a visit to Israel.

At the same time, you could "alienate" viewers who have negative views on Vietnam or any other communist country or the Philippines because you think the president is horrible, for example.

TAR visiting a country has never been about supporting or rebuking its government or politics. At least a 1/3 of the countries already visited would've been eliminated in the planning stages if so. Racers' safety, whether or not they can get TV-ready locations and what kinds of incentives the local tourism board are offering are a higher priority than making a geopolitical statement.

--- End quote ---
No not really I don't think going to Russia would boost the rating cause in Russia u only dance have tea parties, swimming, dolls and time zone Israel on the other hand has dead sea so they can have some dead sea task, Memory task of the gods and thing or temples like in indonesia in asia 5 they can go to the crying wall beach task in tel aviv art task in tel aviv too desert task black sea task Israel has so much to offer however if we go to israel for one season we need to wait for other season to go to jordan cause they are simillar

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry but what is the point you're trying to make. This post is honestly stereotypical of the countries you mentioned. There are plenty of things to do in countries, even The Vatican has plenty to do in a day. The reason why people are doubting that Russia is not going to be visited anytime soon is because of current events with the US and Russia, the same thing can be said with Israel. There is also no problem with visiting two bordering countries for consecutive seasons  Look at TAR 1 it visited both South Africa and Zambia. then in TAR 2 they visited Namibia which borders both Zambia and South Africa. Look at my earlier post on this page about Oman and Kuwait. They don't need to wait about 2-5 seasons to visit the same region again. Look at Zambia and Namibia for example they are both in Southern Africa and they are both different countries with different cultures and most importantly different terrain. Namibia is mostly desert while Zambia is mostly a rain forest/savanna. All I'm trying to say is that you should put more research in posts. I'm not trying to sound mean but I put research in my Wish Lists and know which countries to avoid and which are safe. I might make mistakes, but that is normal.

Gra1162:

--- Quote from: NELs on March 22, 2018, 09:43:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on March 22, 2018, 06:25:33 PM ---I highly doubt any country would alienate TAR viewers. Especially now.
And to be honest, I think a return to Russia would alienate more viewers than a visit to Israel.

At the same time, you could "alienate" viewers who have negative views on Vietnam or any other communist country or the Philippines because you think the president is horrible, for example.

TAR visiting a country has never been about supporting or rebuking its government or politics. At least a 1/3 of the countries already visited would've been eliminated in the planning stages if so. Racers' safety, whether or not they can get TV-ready locations and what kinds of incentives the local tourism board are offering are a higher priority than making a geopolitical statement.

--- End quote ---
No not really I don't think going to Russia would boost the rating cause in Russia u only dance have tea parties, swimming, dolls and time zone Israel on the other hand has dead sea so they can have some dead sea task, Memory task of the gods and thing or temples like in indonesia in asia 5 they can go to the crying wall beach task in tel aviv art task in tel aviv too desert task black sea task Israel has so much to offer however if we go to israel for one season we need to wait for other season to go to jordan cause they are simillar

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry but what is the point you're trying to make. This post is honestly stereotypical of the countries you mentioned. There are plenty of things to do in countries, even The Vatican has plenty to do in a day. The reason why people are doubting that Russia is not going to be visited anytime soon is because of current events with the US and Russia, the same thing can be said with Israel. There is also no problem with visiting two bordering countries for consecutive seasons  Look at TAR 1 it visited both South Africa and Zambia. then in TAR 2 they visited Namibia which borders both Zambia and South Africa. Look at my earlier post on this page about Oman and Kuwait. They don't need to wait about 2-5 seasons to visit the same region again. Look at Zambia and Namibia for example they are both in Southern Africa and they are both different countries with different cultures and most importantly different terrain. Namibia is mostly desert while Zambia is mostly a rain forest/savanna. All I'm trying to say is that you should put more research in posts. I'm not trying to sound mean but I put research in my Wish Lists and know which countries to avoid and which are safe. I might make mistakes, but that is normal.

--- End quote ---
But there is this blog writen by a british that lives in Israel and he says it is really safe to visit

Marionete:
No one's talking about Israel being unsafe to visit. :groan:

NELs:

--- Quote from: Gra1162 on March 22, 2018, 11:39:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: NELs on March 22, 2018, 09:43:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
But there is this blog writen by a british that lives in Israel and he says it is really safe to visit

--- End quote ---

You are not understanding what we are saying, ties with Israel and the United Kingdom are different than ties with Israel and the United States. There is a reason as to why current events reflect on the countries they can visit. Look at Tunisia and Egypt for example. They were safe to visit at the time when TAR 1 and TAR 5 were filming. Then go to the present day and Tunisia and Egypt have had major political problems. Bertram said himself that Egypt was "Off the list" at the time the violent revolution in the country started.

BourkieBoy:
You'all are DREAMING! NO WAY TAR will visit Iraq! Once again, thanks to Mr Trump...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version