The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (782/966) > >>

NELs:
Due to the political status of the US and Israel, it will be unlikely, and why are people complaining about visiting the Middle East twice in a row when they visited India for three consecutive season being TAR 12-14. They've done the Middle East twice in a row before. TAR 9 in Oman (was a new country at the time) and then one season later in TAR 10 they visited Kuwait (only visited in season 10 and is the deepest in the Middle East they've gone.) I hope they can break Kuwait's record any time soon. Now I'll have (yet another) countries from ___ region again:

Qatar: I know this might be unlikely, but this is where they are hosting FIFA 2022, and will make a nice visit.
Jordan: The only wonders of the (modern) world they have visited are The Great Wall of China, Cristo Redentor, The Colosseum, and The Taj Mahal, I feel like Petra and Jordan are long overdue and will break Kuwait's record. After this they will have visited all countries that start with "J."
Lebanon: Now if they stay close or in Beirut and avoid the Lebanon/Syria border then it will be all right.
Iraqi Kurdistan: I agree 100% with nrh2110 with this. It will be a nice surprise and we need more positives of Iraq. Like I said with Lebanon if they stay away from borders they will be all right.
Kuwait: I would love to see this country again and have a switchback, to what I think is the most dangerous Fast Forward the race has ever done.

dryedmangoez:
I highly doubt any country would alienate TAR viewers. Especially now.
And to be honest, I think a return to Russia would alienate more viewers than a visit to Israel.

At the same time, you could "alienate" viewers who have negative views on Vietnam or any other communist country or the Philippines because you think the president is horrible, for example.

TAR visiting a country has never been about supporting or rebuking its government or politics. At least a 1/3 of the countries already visited would've been eliminated in the planning stages if so. Racers' safety, whether or not they can get TV-ready locations and what kinds of incentives the local tourism board are offering are a higher priority than making a geopolitical statement.

nrh2110:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on March 22, 2018, 06:25:33 PM ---I highly doubt any country would alienate TAR viewers. Especially now.
And to be honest, I think a return to Russia would alienate more viewers than a visit to Israel.

At the same time, you could "alienate" viewers who have negative views on Vietnam or any other communist country or the Philippines because you think the president is horrible, for example.

TAR visiting a country has never been about supporting or rebuking its government or politics. At least a 1/3 of the countries already visited would've been eliminated in the planning stages if so. Racers' safety, whether or not they can get TV-ready locations and what kinds of incentives the local tourism board are offering are a higher priority than making a geopolitical statement.

--- End quote ---

Comparing Israel to Philippines or Vietnam is a terrible analogy. There's a huge difference in sentiment between those who are just against political views and those who are against a country because of their apartheid/genocidal tendencies, to the point that they will boycott anything that supports that country, in this case, Israel. The Wonder Woman, for example, was successful, but not as successful as it could've been because of Gal Gadot's history of supporting Israel's militant/hawkish/genocidal/apartheid policies. I saw that at my university. Amazing Race does not want to risk this, especially now given the contentions between pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian groups being as high as they are now. Maybe I'm wrong and they will, but it's a bad move, and TAR is pretty smart about it. Hence, this is why Philippines and Vietnam is not a good analogy.

Russia on the other hand, you're right, will probably alienate some viewers, so now that I think about it, it probably won't happen, at least until things cool down between us and them. But it's still not comparable to Israel.

Gra1162:

--- Quote from: dryedmangoez on March 22, 2018, 06:25:33 PM ---I highly doubt any country would alienate TAR viewers. Especially now.

--- End quote ---
No not really I don't think going to Russia would boost the rating cause in Russia u only dance have tea parties, swimming, dolls and time zone Israel on the other hand has dead sea so they can have some dead sea task, Memory task of the gods and thing or temples like in indonesia in asia 5 they can go to the crying wall beach task in tel aviv art task in tel aviv too desert task black sea task Israel has so much to offer however if we go to israel for one season we need to wait for other season to go to jordan cause they are simillar

nrh2110:

--- Quote from: Gra1162 on March 22, 2018, 08:12:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---
No not really I don't think going to Russia would boost the rating cause in Russia u only dance have tea parties, swimming, dolls and time zone Israel on the other hand has dead sea so they can have some dead sea task, Memory task of the gods and thing or temples like in indonesia in asia 5 they can go to the crying wall beach task in tel aviv art task in tel aviv too desert task black sea task Israel has so much to offer however if we go to israel for one season we need to wait for other season to go to jordan cause they are simillar

--- End quote ---

That’s not the point I was making...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version