Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks and prophetic dreams!  (Read 685838 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • rosa diaz x gina linetti
I agree on Laos and also to Cambodia to make a Southeast Asia bi-country combo in two legs. One in Vientiane and the other is Siem Reap.

Vladivostok in Russia seems more unlikely that flight routes between East Asian cities to that city have daily limited schedule flights.

Same perhaps. You can also try out Vang Vieng in Laos and Sihanoukville in Cambodia. They are great cities too.
Also it's not necessary that we need flights from east asian cities to vladivostok. You could also fly in from Juneau/Anchorage, and for that matter people even fly from Japan and ROK. I still think Vladivostok can be possible!
TAR Crossworlds, 2018.

Online Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
  • GO ADMIRL LINDSAY HER HOTNESSS
The twist and changes I want In Tar (us)
Switchbacks:
nesting dolls
The digging thing in season 5 in Egypt
Wasabi bomb
bug eating thing
Poland sausage thing
Chomnix paraglide thing (I know its to early)
Twist
No MORE PARTNER SWAP
I WANT Intersection back
Bring back the yield
make a triple u turn
make u turn after a detour

Changes
Make 12 teams (4 f/f 4 m/f 4 m/m)
The amazing race (us) the amazing race (Israel)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Given the current  political climate with our diplomats being expelled, no way will TAR go to Russia.
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Online Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
Given the current  political climate with our diplomats being expelled, no way will TAR go to Russia.
I think if u go to Russia not so main city you are good to go maybe go to the Asia side of Russia maybe the remote places it just depends on were u go

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Vladivostok would be an easy Leg to pair with a Southeast Asia, China or South Korea Leg.

Online Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
Vladivostok would be an easy Leg to pair with a Southeast Asia, China or South Korea Leg.
However its really close to north korea and they might capture the teams and bring them to north korea like what they did to south koreans

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
However its really close to north korea and they might capture the teams and bring them to north korea like what they did to south koreans

I can ensure you that won't happen.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I totally agree with a visit to Laos. They can do a leg in Luang Prabang and then do a visit to Vang Vieng, kind of similar to TAR 29's Hanoi then Ninh Binh. Vientiane, according to several people I met while backpacking around Asia, is pretty boring compared to the rest of Laos and I think those two places, or maybe even Phonsavan would be really cool. Keeping to Southeast Asia, I'd really like to see a visit to Myanmar (I just did one in my fantasy game  :lol:) and go to Bagan, which would make another incredible Southeast Asian leg.

We also haven't had a visit to Russia since 21, which is kind of understandable given the current relations between us and them. In my opinion, the Russian legs always seem to have at least one difficult task :

5 - Caviar task (would LOVE this as a Switchback, even as just a fast forward)
9 - Russian nesting doll task
13 - the entire penultimate leg
14 - wood stacking
17 - music/film detour
21 - synchronized swimming, time zones

I would like a visit to St Petersburg! It's been a bit, and then we can do the Caviar task again. If not, I'd really just like to skip Moscow altogether and go somewhere new. Maybe a visit to Vladivostok? A winter leg in Sochi would be cool, they can do Olympic tasks.

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure about the prospect of going to Myanmar. Right now there is kind of a civil war and there is a lot of civil strife between the Muslim and Buddhist communities in Myanmar. Look em' up : Rohingya Muslims.
As a result of internal violence and discrimination, The Rohingyas are migrating to Bangladesh where they are being massacred for illegally entering the country for refuge. Plus, I think Aung San Suu Kyi is being prosecuted, and there's just a whole lot of drama going down there. Besides, Myanmar and Thailand and their neighbouring countries are sort of similar. I'd seriously opt for Laos instead.

Yes! I agree with Russia. I did a fic with Vladivostok, and there's enough for 2 legs in Vladivostok. I highly recommend the race visit Russia again.

I'm aware of the situation in Myanmar, I spent an entire semester researching it for one of my classes. But that's in the Rakhine state. When I backpacked around Asia in December/January, I met a lot of people who visited Yangon and/or Bagan and they absolutely loved it and it was safe. But I guess TAR probably won't take risks.

Would really love to see Laos, would really prefer not Vientiane.

Also on the topic of Southeast Asia, I know they just visited Vietnam (my favorite country I've ever been to), but I hope the next time they visit, they go somewhere completely new like Nha Trang or Phu Quoc.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Minnesota would be a good place for the final leg as the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area is considering very likely and safe that TAR will visit the West North Central region of the USA. It will be the 25th US state to visit TAR and the first new state since TAR 19.

Since when it was heard, Claude?

Due to language difficulties sometimes Claude presents things as FACT instead of using the conditional "Could/Might/May/wish/possibly" occur.

So take it FWIW.
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
There are two things I really liked that TAR 30 brought back.

1. Starting the race in Europe. The last season to do this was TAR 17. Since then, there has been 6 east-bound routes, all of which either went to the Caribbean or South America before heading to Europe/Africa. I would love for TAR to do this more often, or maybe start the race in Africa (as I mentioned before, there are direct flights to Africa from NYC and other American airports). Of course, I really hope that TAR 31 is a west-bound route, but if not, I hope they change it up again

2. Starting and ending this race outside of Los Angeles. I think we can all agree we're tired of seeing Los Angeles. San Francisco was a nice change up, but I'd also like to go back to the old Amazing Race style of starting and ending the race outside of Los Angeles. Los Angeles can happen every now and then, but I'm sick of seeing it every season.

Offline justmjlayson

• RFF Jr. Member
Minnesota would be a good place for the final leg as the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area is considering very likely and safe that TAR will visit the West North Central region of the USA. It will be the 25th US state to visit TAR and the first new state since TAR 19.

Since when it was heard, Claude?

Due to language difficulties sometimes Claude presents things as FACT instead of using the conditional "Could/Might/May/wish/possibly" occur.

So take it FWIW.

Oh sorry but I really do appreciate and believe in Claude's facts. T_T

Online Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
ISRAEL HAS TO HAVE A LEG :furious:
Tel Aviv cause its safe there sam beach task or some art task
Ein Bokek cause of some dead sea task
Tar us has to have two Israel legs

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • rosa diaz x gina linetti

I don't think USA and Israel have the safest of connections... Recently in December I believe the US recognized Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and it's safe to say there was a lot of violence within the city, in Palestine and all over this decision was frowned upon.
Israel is looooooooooong due. Tbh there are so many things to do in Israel and TAR definitely should visit, but granted the violence they should avoid it for some time...
TAR Crossworlds, 2018.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Keep Taiwan in mind. A leg on the "country" side would be nice!

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member

I don't think USA and Israel have the safest of connections... Recently in December I believe the US recognized Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and it's safe to say there was a lot of violence within the city, in Palestine and all over this decision was frowned upon.
Israel is looooooooooong due. Tbh there are so many things to do in Israel and TAR definitely should visit, but granted the violence they should avoid it for some time...

I agree that a visit to Israel is a bad idea. Personally, I am pro-Palestine but favor a two state solution, but politics aside, I think a visit to Israel may alienate a lot of the pro-Palestine viewers, and is a bad idea at a time that TAR is trying to win back ratings. Israel is NOT a good choice. Jordan is safe and great to visit though! Or maybe a visit to Beirut in Lebanon—two middle eastern countries that haven't been visited. We won't see Qatar because production has already stated they won't because of the disorganization of the government there, and we won't see visits to Saudi Arabia, Yemen, or Syria anytime soon, so those are two countries that are great ideas to visit for new visits! Or like I said before, Iraqi Kurdistan is VERY safe and has very relaxed visa requirements.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Keep Taiwan in mind. A leg on the "country" side would be nice!

I second this! Both Taiwan and South Korea are undervisited East Asian countries with direct flights to the US. Would love to see more of both and less China.

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Carlton FC
AWWW Saudi Arabia :( :(

But a visit to Taiwan soon please <3333
LLLL

0 wins and 4 losses. 18th on the ladder. We Suck.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
South Korea for leg 1 and Taiwan for leg 2 or 3 pls

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Carlton FC
Leg 1: Los Angeles, USA-Suva, Fiji
Leg 2: Suva, Fiji-Nadi, Fiji
Leg 3: Nadi, Fiji-Melbourne, Australia
Leg 4: Melbourne, Australia-Gold Coast, Australia
Leg 5: Gold Coast, Australia-Busan, South Korea
Leg 6: Busan, South Korea-Koahsiung City, Taiwan
Leg 7: Koahsiung City, Taiwan-Kolkata, India
Leg 8: Kolkata, India-Durban, South Africa
Leg 9: Durban, South Africa-Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 10: Cape Town, South Africa-San Juan, Puerto Rico
Leg 11: San Juan, Puerto Rico-Nassau, The Bahamas
Leg 12: Nassau, The Bahamas-Miami, USA
LLLL

0 wins and 4 losses. 18th on the ladder. We Suck.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Another Europeless route? :/ why

Offline NELs

• RFF Jr. Member
Another Europeless route? :/ why

We need to see less Europe to be honest, if they want to there again then visit a former Yugoslavia country or an underused country, they have to stop going to France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. If they want to do Italy again, then visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Also how have they not gone there yet out of all their visits to Italy. Here are countries in Europe I would want to see:

Latvia: Complete the Baltic States.
Slovakia: They've visited the Czech Republic before so why not complete the the former Czechoslovakia.
Bosnia and Herzegovina: It's right there, also a Yugoslavia country
Luxembourg: It's small, but they can think of stuff to do there.
Finland: As much as I liked TAR 10, the tasks they did in Finland could have been done anywhere. Needs to be represented better.
Hungary: Is long overdue, and we need a switchback to the spicy soup.

All I'm saying is that we need more variety in Europe.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I wholeheartedly agree on diversity in European visits, I would sure love them to keep visiting new countires in Europe (and I don't get why some of them haven't been visited in 30 seasons), but skipping Europe entirely doesn't seem right to me, no matter how diverse your route is.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wholeheartedly agree on diversity in European visits, I would sure love them to keep visiting new countires in Europe (and I don't get why some of them haven't been visited in 30 seasons), but skipping Europe entirely doesn't seem right to me, no matter how diverse your route is.

Honestly I think it can be done, especially if they're trying to save money - though really that's because they keep insisting on going to like, Iceland or France or Germany or other super expensive western European countries. Instead of visiting Europe, why not visit some of their colonial possessions (read: more Caribbean legs  :cheer: or parts of India / central Asia  :luvya: or doing research into countries with a history of foreign occupation)?

Online Gra1162

• RFF Full Member
My Season 32 wishlist locations (I know I made one so that will be be my Season 31 wishlist)
Fenway Park,Boston(Starting line)
Jerusalem,Israel :cheer: (call me mad since I added it to the other wishlist however I still want it so.......)(ELIM)
Doha,Qatar :cheer:(ELIM)
Rabat,Morocco(New twist x2 Yield)(ELIM)
Tataouine,Tunisia(Given clue at the pit stop(continue racing)
Barcelona,Spain(ELIM) (I know people said its bad B:) but its better than Madrid, Madrid is dirty I have been to both places so I know)
,Greece :conf:(Double U-Turn) (ELIM) (its so nice there and really beautiful so maybe it can boost the ratings)
,Belares (NON)
,Belares (ELIM)(TRIPLE U-TURN AND INTERSPTION)
,Chad (Double U-TURN) (ELIM)
Xian,China (NON)
Jeju,South Korea (NON)
Taipei,Taiwan(I ensure u there are direct flights back to USA cause Taiwan people love USA) (ELIM)
Roswell,New Mexico (it will be nice I think they first need to go to New Mexico then self drive to Roswell they might screw up tho it will be good to watch plus new Mexico never got visited in starting line and Finish Line) (Top 3)
Teams (newbies)
4 f/f
4 m/m
3 m/f
Teams (newbies)
Lesbians f/f (I add Lesbians so they can always create conflict with other teams bring rating up tho i will hate them unless they are like the Lesbians that won Tar Canada 4)
BFF f/f  (I guess)
American Ninga warrior girls f/f (Cause they are strong and will play dirty) (eg Jessie)
Beauty Queens f/f (I hope they are like Dustin and Kandice)
Models m/m (hope they are like Daniel and that other guy from Tar Israel 6)
American ninga warrior guys m/m (If we can't get girl at least get some boys)
best friends m/m
Friends m/m
Twins f/m
Dating f/m
Married f/m

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Israel and Jordan would be great. Pair them with a colder northern European country or something for the middle of a route.