The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (738/966) > >>

claude_24hrs:

--- Quote from: nrh2110 on August 20, 2017, 10:01:04 PM ---My main problem with your map is Medellin to New Orleans. Usually, with newer TAR seasons, the final city is a city that can be flown to nonstop from the previous city. If you're looking for a Latin American country, I'd consider Panama City, Cancún, or Punta Cana.

Also, instead of Taipei, maybe consider Kaohsiung? I used both in my map, but if I only did one leg in Taiwan it would've been just Kaohsiung, because every season so far has gone to Taipei and Kaohsiung has so much to offer.

Other than, it's a cool map

--- End quote ---

Obviously, newer seasons since TAR 28, the final 3 teams may not release the departure times at the start of the final leg. In case, they got a flight to the final American city.

Medellin has two airports, Jose Maria Cordova International Airport is the busiest in the city and does have direct flights to some American cities (only AA operates the flight to Miami). The other airport, Enrique Olaya Herrera Airport, serves only limited domestic scheduled flights. Even more, they have to take a free transportation from Medellin to El Dorado International Airport in Bogota and could get a flight to New Orleans via Houston or Dallas.

nrh2110:

--- Quote from: BritishTARFan on August 21, 2017, 05:38:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: nrh2110 on August 20, 2017, 10:01:04 PM ---My main problem with your map is Medellin to New Orleans. Usually, with newer TAR seasons, the final city is a city that can be flown to nonstop from the previous city. If you're looking for a Latin American country, I'd consider Panama City, Cancún, or Punta Cana.

Also, instead of Taipei, maybe consider Kaohsiung? I used both in my map, but if I only did one leg in Taiwan it would've been just Kaohsiung, because every season so far has gone to Taipei and Kaohsiung has so much to offer.

Other than, it's a cool map

--- End quote ---

S26: Trujillo —> Lima —> Dallas
S25: Manila —> Tokyo —> LA
S23: Tokyo —> Seattle —> Juneau
S22: Belfast —> London —> Washington
S18: Rio —> São Paulo —> Miami

--- End quote ---

Okay I guess definitely 23 and 26 weren't direct flights, but where did they say they took those flights? 22 they flew out of London, so that was a direct flight, but, again with the exception of 23 and 26, all other of those have options for nonstop. There are direct flights from Seoul to Chicago, Guangzhou to LAX (because they flew out of Guangzhou not Shenzhen), HKG to NYC, Manila to LAX, London to Vegas, London to Washington, Paris to NYC, Osaka to Honolulu, Panama City to Atlanta, Rio to Miami, Seoul to LAX, and Shanghai to San Francisco. Alaska was tricky because it's incredibly difficult to get direct flights outside of the US to Alaska as the only options are Canada, Reykjavik, Frankfurt and Kamchatka. 26 is really the only real exception to this rule.

I personally would really love a final leg in New Orleans. Beautiful city, and as music composition major, I would love to see tasks related to the jazz culture there. That being said, I think we'll have to see penultimate legs in Cancun, Panama City, Frankfurt or London.

I don't mean to come off as s***ting on your map, but I wanted to help make it a bit more realistic.

nrh2110:
New maps, as always, give me feedback! Longest map I've made, 37,581 miles.

Starting Line: Mount Rubidoux, Riverside, California

Leg 1: Vieux Fort, Saint Lucia

* Two flights via Miami and JFK
* Jazz festival task
* Pit Stop: Moule a Chique
Leg 2: Manchester, United Kingdom

* Self-drive
* Soccer task
* Detour option relating to Manchester's literary history
* Pit Stop: Mamucium
Leg 3: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

* Self-drive to Newcastle and throughout leg
* Nightlife task
* Pit Stop: Theater Royal
Leg 4: Dakar, Senegal

* Task ideas?
* Pit Stop: Pink Lake
Leg 5: Helsinki + Turku, Finland

* Self-drive
* Music roadblock at Sibelius Academy
* Task in Turku, then come back for pit stop
* Pit Stop: Finlandia Hall
Leg 6: Beirut, Lebanon

* Cliff climbing roadblock
* Detours in Souk Tawileh
* Pit Stop: Imam Houzai Square
Leg 7: Beirut, Lebanon

* Banking task
* Other task ideas?
* Pit Stop: Raouché
Leg 8: Hyderabad, India

* Cultural tasks?
* Pit Stop: Golconda Fort
Leg 9: Sapporo, Japan

* Teams fly to Tokyo and take a bullet train to Sapporo
* Task involving miso ramen
* Double U-Turn
* Pit Stop: Odori Park
Leg 10: Adelaide, Australia

* Self-drive
* Task ideas?
* Pit Stop: Adelaide Oval
Leg 11: Canberra, Australia

* Self-drive
* Nature tasks
* Pit Stop: Commonwealth Park (Grant Bowler as greeter)
Leg 12: San Francisco, California

* Alcatraz visit
* Memory challenge involving food (there will be food presented in some shape or form in each leg)
* Finish Line: The Presidio

Marionete:
Too many legs in English speaking countries I would say.

Bookworm:
Dakar needs two legs imo, and I'd exchange Leg two for either Ireland or Spain
Canberra isn't the best penultimate city, another Australian city would be better

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version