The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (705/966) > >>

Platrium:
I'd actually like a spin-off of TAR in US areas only, but it might not be a success after TAR8. :(

Meanwhile, I wish TAR is not always having pre-detour U-turns or W-turns. I'd like a mix of it depending where it fits best. Also, not having them announced on any clue would be a great surprise factor in my opinion.

ZBC Company:

--- Quote from: Erebus1111 on May 24, 2017, 01:28:40 PM ---I had this really weird idea of having an entire season of TAR in America, for some reason. Maybe they could make a spin off and call it The American Race? I don't know. My basis for this race was that at least to legs had to be in each area of America (West, Mountain States, Midwest, Southeast, and Northeast). If anyone else wants to try and make a season based on this, go ahead. Maybe I've been watching Season 8 too much.

Starting Line ~ Echo Park
Leg 1: Los Angeles, CA --> Long Beach, CA (Self Drive)
Leg 2: Long Beach, CA --> Seattle, WA
Leg 3: Seattle, WA --> Salt Lake City, UT
Leg 4: Salt Lake City, UT --> Santa Fe, NM
Leg 5: Santa Fe, NM --> Madison/Wisconsin Dells, WI
Leg 6: Madison, WI --> Chicago, IL (Self Drive)
Leg 7: Chicago, IL --> Baltimore, MD
Leg 8: Baltimore, MD --> Washington D.C. (Self Drive)
Leg 9: Washington D.C. --> Richmond, VA
Leg 10: Richmond, VA --> Nashville, TN
Leg 11: Nashville, TN --> Orlando, FL
Finish Line ~ Raymond James Stadium

All feedback is welcomed

--- End quote ---

TARUSAFan:

--- Quote from: Platrium on May 25, 2017, 05:43:27 AM ---I'd actually like a spin-off of TAR in US areas only, but it might not be a success after TAR8. :(

Meanwhile, I wish TAR is not always having pre-detour U-turns or W-turns. I'd like a mix of it depending where it fits best. Also, not having them announced on any clue would be a great surprise factor in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to see this one. Unknown U-Turn, it could end up in rash decisions.

Erebus1111:
Here's some more stuff I thought of for American Race.

1. New Leg

Because of my twist, I added a new first leg that would be from Honolulu, HI --> Los Angeles, CA.
Also apologies to ZBC because I didn't think a map of my route would be made. The starting line will be along a beach.

2. The Pitstops
Leg 1: Echo Park
Leg 2: The Walter Pyramid
Leg 3: Space Needle
Leg 4: The Tracy Aviary
Leg 5: San Miguel Chapel
Leg 6: Noah's Ark Water Park (After RB with Point of No Return Slide)
Leg 7: The Field Museum
Leg 8: Fort McHenry
Leg 9: Rock Creek Park
Leg 10: Petersburg National Park
Leg 11: Centennial Park
(Note, with the exception of leg 5, there are no challenges related to each location, other than getting there. That way, detours and road blocks can relate to other famous places in each city).

3. 'Twist'
Like the recent season 29, teams are formed at start with 22 random strangers

Legs 1, 4, and 8 will be non elimination, with leg 2 being a double elimination

Leg 3 will have 2 detours, with a u-turn board at the start of each detour. No information other than location will be given about the detours. You can only u-turn a team once and any team that is u-turned at the first board will NOT be u-turned at the second board. No teams will know about the u-turn boards ahead of time. Leg 7 will be a normal double u-turn.

Leg 6 will have the FF

Leg 11 will have two roadblocks.

Marionete:
Erebus, your idea of 2 detours and 2 single u-turns in a single leg sound amazing to me, but...
It would be really hard to execute, if we try to imagine it in actual TAR. Just imagine a scenario, where the 1st team passes the first board without u-turning, but decides to u-turn at the second board, without knowing that a certain team was already u-turned after they left.
Or, even, the 1st-place team might be so in front that they u-turn somebody at the second board BEFORE someone else arrives at the first board and u-turns the same team.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version