The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (583/966) > >>

Ozzymayhem4:
Leg 01 - (United States - Sao Tome and Principe)
Leg 02 - (Sao Tome and Principe)
Leg 03 - (Sao Tome and Principe - Italy)
Leg 04 - (Italy - Czech Republic)
Leg 05 - (Czech Republic - Tanzania)
Leg 06 - (Tanzania - Croatia)
Leg 07 - (Croatia - Nepal)
Leg 08 - (Nepal - Mongolia)
Leg 09 - (Mongolia - Hong Kong)
Leg 10 - (Hong Kong - Australia)
Leg 11 - (Australia)
Leg 12 - (Australia - Brazil)
Leg 13 - (Brazil - Nicaragua - United States)

TARUSAFan:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on June 04, 2016, 10:59:05 AM ---Because of this being a wishlist:

After having the Speed Bump-U Turn combo for 16 seasons, I feel like it would be nice for a refreshing change for the non-elimination penalty and slowdown twist. And part of me wants the Speed Bump to be ousted entirely because look at this signage travesty Scott & Blair encountered... :faint:
Show content
I can't handle these Speed Bumps if that's going to be the quality of these signs.
Firstly, I wish a "handicap", somewhat like in the Norwegian version, would be the new non-elimination penalty for a route info task or Roadblock. As a pro for production, they don't even have to reserve a venue for this new penalty so "Heck yes to cost efficiency! :hoot:" For example, if a task asked teams to fill 50 containers with ground coffee, the penalized team must do double the work, filling 100 containers. Plus, it doesn't take away the challenge and joy for other teams trying to overtake them in the same situation.

As a substitute for the U-Turn, I think it would pretty cool if they tested out a pseudo-Speed Bump and it's what I call a "Workzone". Exactly like a Speed Bump, a Workzone would be an extra regular task the slowed down team must perform before collecting their next clue at the SAME location. The task has to be part of a relevant everyday activity in the locale that stalls teams into frustration or possibly taking the penalty of not completing a Workzone. For example: fit a 16-piece tangram puzzle into a large hexagon while in China or ride the London Eye for a full revolution before continuing. It can work as an infused Yield and U-Turn while still showing culturally relevance. Best placed in the middle of a leg or near the beginning.

Hoping WRP pays attention this thread and RFFers enjoy! :waves:

--- End quote ---

I love the idea of the Workzone, provided it is culturally relevant. The Handicap is also good as it is cost efficient. As Marionete stated, the U-Turns should stay, maybe a new U-Turn, a Triple U-Turn for early legs where 8-10 teams still remain. I think the Speed Bump & U-Turn combo should be removed, or at least lessened, both should not be on the same leg.

Kiwi Jay:
Everyone loves this page it seems :)

Check out: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,32182.0.html

For all of us race-fans, a new thread for thoughtful and constructive discussion around where the show is going and what we want to change / go back to what it was. Please send something in! Tell CBS/WRP how we can improve TAR.

Marionete:
Idk where to post this but I really hope they finally visit Latvia this season :colors
And then pls cross the border into Lithuania to have a stellar, hot coastal leg on the Curonian Spit (UNESCO WHS!) :luvya:

ghmorello:
Twist Idea: After each leg, you switch partners. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version