Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538836 times)

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
Custom Season 31 (Only States/countries/and cities)
Starting Line ~ Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Just cause it's a beautiful city. (I don't live here)

1.Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania --> Panama, Panama
The last time TAR went to Panama was in season 8. Just thought it'd be interesting to have contestants 'revisit' this country.

2. Panama, Panama --> Lisbon, Portugal

3. Lisbon, Portugal --> Vienna, Austria --> Bratislava, Slovakia

4. Bratislava, Slovakia --> Skopje, Macedonia
It's a new country.  :cmas18

5. Skopje, Macedonia --> Cairo, Egypt

6. Cairo, Egypt --> Alexandria, Egypt

7. Alexandria, Egypt --> Astana, Kazakhstan
Another New country, I'm on a role.  :cmas32:

8. Astana, Kazakhstan --> Karagandy, Kazakhstan

9. Karagandy, Kazakhstan --> Hong Kong, China

10.Hong Kong, China --> Shanghai, China

11. Shanghai, China --> Vancouver, Canada

12. Vancouver, Canada --> Seattle, Washington or Gardiner, Montana
Gardiner is one of the cities that is outside of Yellowstone National Park, just thought it'd be interesting to have contestants do challenges relating to where some of America's most famous natural landmarks are.

Two days til Christmas  :xmas110

:MC: everyone  :xmas110

Not to ruin your christmas, but they visited Kazakhstan in season 13, but they visited Almaty. TAR Norge also visited Almaty in the first season  :cmas16 So you can say it´s first time they visit Astana  :cmaslol

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
I like your idea, BritishTARFan.

The Amazing Race 29 wishlist (filming will likely to start in May to June 2016):

Starting line: Los Angeles, California
Traditionally, its the standard race start city. Starting line probably be in Rose Bowl at Pasadena where they must take a public transportation by train to LAX.

Leg 1: Melbourne, Australia
A beautiful Australian city that hasn't yet to visit, and the country's first winter visit in TAR that is long overdue. Destinations for the leg include Old Melbourne Gaol and Federation Square.

Leg 2: Melbourne, Australia
A double leg in one single city. Places could visit for the leg are Brighton Beach, Queen Victoria Market and Royal Exhibition Building.

Leg 3: Seoul, South Korea
Seoul hasn't had a full leg and its overdue many times as well. Tasks will include the homage of "Gangnam Style" in the famous Gangnam district.

Leg 4: Da Nang/Hoi An, Vietnam
Central Vietnam hasn't been a visited for a long time since TAR 3.

Leg 5: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Whether the producers decide to choose for a train ride to the large city, bus is more longer and much faster.

Leg 6: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Hasn't visited since TAR 11 and it's a beautiful island. Thoroughly will be in the urban region of Zanzibar like the cities of Old Zanzibar (Zanzibar City), plus a visit of Freddie Mercury's childhood home known as Mercury House, in which that hasn't had a Sub-Saharan urban metropolis leg since TAR 17.

Leg 7: Zanzibar, Tanzania
The leg will be taking place in rural Zanzibar just not quite far from Zanzibar city, ala second Indo leg of TAR 23, second Moroccan leg of TAR 25 and first PH leg of TAR 25 as well.

Leg 8: Stockholm, Sweden
Last time, TAR visited Stockholm in season 15 and we have to get a proper Stockholm leg. The places could be going include Vasa Museum, Stockholm City Theatre and Drottingholm Palace. Tired of overused countries such as France, Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland.

Leg 9: Riga, Latvia
It's a new country and the only unvisited Baltic nation remain in the Race, a way long overdue.

Leg 10: Madrid, Spain
Beautiful Spanish city that hasn't visited in US TAR. Tasks to be included like playing football (soccer). It's way better than Barcelona and Seville.

Leg 11: Dublin, Ireland
Dublin is one of major cities in the British Isles has not yet visited. Ireland last visited in TAR 12 and that is also overdue, it's a beautiful city with great culture such as Guinness, Leprechauns and other tourist spots. A penultimate leg in Europe since TAR 24.

Leg 12: San Francisco/Napa, California
After the three previous visits in San Fran took place in winter, it's time to get the city for its summer finale. Plus, the finish line in California's popular wine region.

Route map: http://i.imgur.com/B0Ov8b1.png

:MC: :HH: and  :HNY:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 01:51:25 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I want an India/Cambodia-South Korea string of legs I have been begging this since 23  :cmaslol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would like to see a U-turn (or a yield if it could be resurrected) wherein it was not stated in any previous clue. I'd call it the surprise U-turn! :cmas16

It could make some teams happy and surprised especially if they wanna get rid of another team all of a sudden, or it could surprise teams in a bad way by not giving them enough time to strategize.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
 :MC:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Taking up BritishTARFan's idea, here's my view of TAR 29 aka "We need to make a cheap race after 27 and 28"

START: Niagara Falls, NY
FE throwbacks <3 Visually great starting lines <3 If you're thinking "wouldn't it be difficult to have a starting line task at the falls" then

Leg 1: to Toronto, Canada
Teams are given (product placement) vehicles and are told to have at it to get to Toronto initially but then are forced at some point to use public transportation <3 I feel like the CN Tower can be used as an RB (climb the thing then rappel back down <3) and I imagine there's some sort of BINGO like task involving Toronto's multiculturalism; really anything to disguise the fact that it's Toronto y'know?

Leg 2: to Mumbai, India
Given the second Agra leg of 27 this miiiight not be a great idea but there has to be something to counter the ease of getting around Toronto and really, having India so early on is probably the easiest way of doing this (cf TAR Australia 2 though they had a leg in the Philippines in between.

Leg 3: to Khumjung, Nepal
From an insurance perspective TAR can't get too close to Everest but there's a lot of things to do with the primary school attached, sherpa culture, and the fact that teams will have to hike everywhere. NEL because I'm not awful.

Leg 4: to Kathmandu Valley (Bhaktapur), Nepal
Much of the leg is in Kathmandu but I figure if fitbit is sponsoring the race then a city with no taxis, rickshaws or any motor vehicles of any sort is the perfect place to visit.

Leg 5: to Kabale, Uganda
Standard rural African leg, featuring tea, coffee, pack animals and the occasional gorilla ( :cmas18). NEL because it's a giant bottleneck to get here.

Leg 6: to Lake Victoria (Jinja), Uganda
We haven't really had an urban Subsaharan metropolis leg since TAR 17 so...here we are ^_^

Leg 7: to Athens, Greece
Given the last visit to Greece was a) in TAR 9, b) during the winter, c) rainy, and d) an awful leg there's nowhere to really go but up? The FF can stay though; that was a good task  :cmas9

Leg 8: to Plovdiv, Bulgaria
New countries <3 Not immediately going to the largest / capital cities (okay teams fly into Sofia and travel by land to Plovdiv but still!) <3 Given how old the city is there's potential for MANY legs based on the variety of cultures found in its history but I'm just here for one for now. :)

Leg 9: to Luxor / Aswan, Egypt
Cairo is probably a No Go for insurance purposes but I suspect the 1-2 punch of Luxor and Aswan (complete with train rides down the Nile so that Phil can get a jump on teams) is a nice way to have a leg about ancient Egypt

Leg 10: to Bath, England
Given that TAR seems to have a leg in the UK every 3-5 seasons this would be the appropriate time for such a leg. While the main draw is having a pit stop on the Royal Crescent there's fun to be had with baths and tasks regarding Jane Asuten and Charles Dickens. If all else teams can drive to Glastonbury and act out some of the Arthur-related legends  :cmaslol

Leg 11: to San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
...and just when you thought this route wasn't going to cut costs lol. Penultimate legs in Latin America tend to be great (18, 19, 26) or else from TAR 7 which is awful in nearly every aspect, and so I imagine this keeps with tradition <3

Leg 12: Austin, TX
I feel like precedent would suggest that I finish in Los Angeles but I feel like the only way we're going to get Austin (which is a sufficiently developed and unique city but without good long-distance flight connections) is to set up for a short flight from the penultimate city. Tasks involving Whole Foods (<3), Austin's large amount of live music, and general weirdness will lead to a Switchback of the TAR 12 memory task where teams have to cobble together random things because why not?

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
I thinking of an All Star Season (Season 30) with 13 teams, consider this is the biggest All Stars Special Season:

Amazing Race 25:
1. Adam and Bethany
2. Kym and Alli
3. Shelley and Nici

Amazing Race 26:
4. Hayley and Blair
5. Aly and Steve
6. Jeff and Jackie

Amazing Race 27:
7. Justin and Diana
8. Tanner and Josh
9. Denise and James Earl
10. Ernest and Jin

I am leaving 3 empty spots for Season 29, and also I'm not considering Season 28 which is "Social Media Celebrities Season" because I don't think it's necessary for them to race again TBH, so this is my wishlist for the next All Stars.

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
Custom Season 31 (Only States/countries/and cities)
Starting Line ~ Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Just cause it's a beautiful city. (I don't live here)

1.Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania --> Panama, Panama
The last time TAR went to Panama was in season 8. Just thought it'd be interesting to have contestants 'revisit' this country.

2. Panama, Panama --> Lisbon, Portugal

3. Lisbon, Portugal --> Vienna, Austria --> Bratislava, Slovakia

4. Bratislava, Slovakia --> Skopje, Macedonia
It's a new country.  :cmas18

5. Skopje, Macedonia --> Cairo, Egypt

6. Cairo, Egypt --> Alexandria, Egypt

7. Alexandria, Egypt --> Astana, Kazakhstan
Another New country, I'm on a role.  :cmas32:

8. Astana, Kazakhstan --> Karagandy, Kazakhstan

9. Karagandy, Kazakhstan --> Hong Kong, China

10.Hong Kong, China --> Shanghai, China

11. Shanghai, China --> Vancouver, Canada

12. Vancouver, Canada --> Seattle, Washington or Gardiner, Montana
Gardiner is one of the cities that is outside of Yellowstone National Park, just thought it'd be interesting to have contestants do challenges relating to where some of America's most famous natural landmarks are.

Two days til Christmas  :xmas110

:MC: everyone  :xmas110

Not to ruin your christmas, but they visited Kazakhstan in season 13, but they visited Almaty. TAR Norge also visited Almaty in the first season  :cmas16 So you can say it´s first time they visit Astana  :cmaslol

Also, Panama had a leg in s19

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
I thinking of an All Star Season (Season 30) with 13 teams, consider this is the biggest All Stars Special Season:

Amazing Race 25:
1. Adam and Bethany
2. Kym and Alli
3. Shelley and Nici

Amazing Race 26:
4. Hayley and Blair
5. Aly and Steve
6. Jeff and Jackie

Amazing Race 27:
7. Justin and Diana
8. Tanner and Josh
9. Denise and James Earl
10. Ernest and Jin

I am leaving 3 empty spots for Season 29, and also I'm not considering Season 28 which is "Social Media Celebrities Season" because I don't think it's necessary for them to race again TBH, so this is my wishlist for the next All Stars.

That was a good choice...  <3

IMO... I don't mind if there are some returnees for TAR 28 if the racers delivers
what might have been

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member

Amazing Race 25:
1. Adam and Bethany
2. Kym and Alli
3. Shelley and Nici

Amazing Race 26:
4. Hayley and Blair
5. Aly and Steve
6. Jeff and Jackie

Amazing Race 27:
7. Justin and Diana
8. Tanner and Josh
9. Denise and James Earl
10. Ernest and Jin

Mostly good choices, but I'd have Tiffany and Krista in season 27 come back over Justin and Diana only because they had never one a race compared to the seven Justin and Diana won. Would also bring back Chester and Ephraim from season 23 because they had so many flight issues in leg 3 that they had to be told they were eliminated at the airport.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
What if we had a second-chance season like in survivor? And maybe we could vote for team from all seasons (like how CBS got Kimmi who people never dream of seeing again 15 years later!). Only rule would be that this teams never raced twice, and they didn't win:

My guess: (my pick in bold)

(1): Frank and Margarita (even if they are not together anymore, would be soo cool to see them again)
(2): Tara and Will (same as ^)
(2): Blake and Paige
(3): Ken and Gerard
(3): Derek and Drew: The Wonder Twins
(4): Kelly and Jon
(4): Tian and Jaree : got eliminated in India because they were the only girl to do the task
(5): Collin and Christie: of course!
(5): Linda and Karen: The bowling mom
(5): Kami and Karli: Blond twins
(6): Kris and Jon
(6): Hayden and Aaron: now they are parents
(6): Lena and Kristy: Poster child for second chance
(7): Meredith and Gretchen: if they are not too old to do it
(9): Joseph and Monica
(9): Fran and Barry
(10): Lynn and Karlyn: first FF to be in finale 3
(10): Erwin and Godwin: The cho brothers
(12): Nathan and Jennifer
(13): Ken and Tina
(13): Toni and Dallas: A given also
(14): Mark and Michael
(15): Sam and Dan
(15): Maria and Tiffany
(16): Brent and Caite
(16): Carole and Brandy
(16): Louis and Michael
(16): Jeff and Jordan
(17): Brook and Claire: Lock if they are not preggo
(17): Jill and Thomas
(19): Armani and Marcus
(19): Andy and Tommy
(19): Bill and Cathi: Yes
(20): Art and JJ
(20): Bopper and Mark  : because they didn't really race twice together
(21): Jaymes and James
(22): Max and Katie
(22): Mona and Beth
(23): Tim and Marie
(23): Travis and Nicole
(25): Misti and Jim
(25): Adam and Bethany
(25): Kym and Alli
(26): Hayley and Blair
(26): Mike and Rochelle
(26): Matt and Ashley
(27): Justin ad Diana
(27): Tiffany and Krista
(27): Tanner and Josh

and we would need to add 28 and 29!!! thats a lot of teams haha

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Love your idea, stunami. The second-chance version of TAR is much like Survivor, but a similar theme with Unfinished Business. That could be for TAR 29/30. Not including TAR 8 teams that which is a 4-person team race.

If either the producers will pick a pool of 25 potential candidates and 11 or 12 teams to be selected for participate.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:00:13 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
I would also include Eric and Lisa from Season 15 in the next All Stars! It would be good if the production cast them, they deserve a second chance! Plus, I even dreamed they entered the F3, but they got 2nd overall.  :cmaslol

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Love your idea, stunami. The second-chance version of TAR is much like Survivor, but a similar theme with Unfinished Business. That could be for TAR 29/30. Not including TAR 8 teams that which is a 4-person team race.

If either the producers will pick a pool of 25 potential candidates and 11 or 12 teams to be selected for participate.

My guess for the 25 team candidates (my picks in bold):

2: Blake and Paige
3: Derek and Drew
4: Kelly and Jon
5: Colin and Christie
6: Kris and Jon
10: Erwin and Godwin
10: Lyn and Karlyn
12: Nathan and Jennifer
13: Toni and Dallas
15: Maria and Tiffany
15: Sam and Dan
16: Jeff and Jordan
17: Chad and Stephanie
17: Brook and Claire
19: Andy and Tommy
20: Joey "Fitness" and Danny
21: Jaymes and James
23: Tim and Marie
25: Keith and Whitney
25: Kym and Alli
26: Bergen and Kurt
27: Tiffany and Krista
27: Justin and Diana

That will leave two empty spots for any racers from TAR 28 (because that season's theme will be a "social media season") that either of them will be chosen to participate.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:45:26 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline jlim201

• RFF Not So Newbie
Haven't done one in forever, so what I think now.

Leg 1: New York, USA- Halifax, Nova Scotia

Leg 2: Halifax, Nova Scotia- Glasgow, Scotland

Leg 3: Glasgow, Scotland- Stockholm, Sweden

Leg 4: Stockholm, Sweden- Belgrade, Serbia

Leg 5: Belgrade, Serbia- Sochi, Russia

Leg 6: Sochi, Russia- Colombo, Sri Lanka

Leg 7: Colombo, Sri Lanka

Leg 8: Colombo, Sri Lanka- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Leg 9: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia- Manila, Philippines

Leg 10: Manila, Philippines- Hobart, Australia

Leg 11: Hobart, Australia-Launceston, Australia

Leg 12: Launceston, Australia- St Louis, Missouri

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
Custom Season X (Only States/Countries/ and Cities)

Starting Line ~ San Antonio, Texas
Have contestants start at The Alamo and possibly due a challenge relating to the wild west before leaving like in season 19

1. San Antonio, Texas --> French Polynesia
I didn't put down a specific island because there are numerous ones that contestants could go to and many sights/things to do. Possibly also have a switchback to the sand castles. >: D

2. French Polynesia --> Manila, Philippines
Although they did have contestants go here in season 25 (And also possibly season 28), it's still one of the lesser nations that have been visited in Asia.

3. Manila, Philippines --> Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
It was only visited once in season 10. Maybe have contestants help people in Nomadic Mongolia.

4. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia --> Moscow, Russia
Just Cause

5. Moscow, Russia
Because there is always a leg where contestants stay in the country from the last leg. Or at least all the legs I've seen. (Yes, I sadly haven't watched every leg)

6. Moscow, Russia --> Skopje, Macedonia
I really want them to go to Macedonia.

7. Skopje, Macedonia --> Athens, Greece --> Rome, Italy
Because who doesn't love the ancient Romans and Greeks?

8. Rome, Italy --> Corsica, France
It's the birth place of Napoleon, so possible Napoleonic War themed detours and/or roadblock.

9. Corsica, France --> Barcelona, Spain
I've run out of excuses for these things. I just wish I could be in the race and go to these places.

10. Barcelona, Spain --> Marrakesh, Morocco --> Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
It's a city on one of those Islands off the coast of the Western Sahara and Morocco. It's actually quite interesting.

11. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain --> Halifax, Nova Scotia
Because Hockey. Also shout out to jlim201 for suggesting this first.

12. Ottwa, Canada --> Washington D.C.
what better place to end a trip about traveling around the world than to end in our own capital? (The UN, but they've already been there. Not ended, but the last roadblock was there.)

Final pit stop, National Museum of Natural History
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:58:34 PM by Erebus1111 »
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

TAR dabbled with these themes in TAR 9 (Italy, Greece) and TAR 24 (Italy). The results were less than impressive. (Also TAR 6 visited Napoleon's birthplace...only to do one of two physical Detours barely related to Corsica)

Also the Natural Museum of Natural History has no place indoors large enough to house the finish line so you'd have to have it on the National Mall and while that would certainly be the best location of the final mat it would probably be spoiled as they were filming (<3). fwiw there are a bunch of places in Rock Creek Park or Thomas Jefferson Island that would make for great finish lines  :cmas16

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member

TAR dabbled with these themes in TAR 9 (Italy, Greece) and TAR 24 (Italy). The results were less than impressive. (Also TAR 6 visited Napoleon's birthplace...only to do one of two physical Detours barely related to Corsica)

Also the Natural Museum of Natural History has no place indoors large enough to house the finish line so you'd have to have it on the National Mall and while that would certainly be the best location of the final mat it would probably be spoiled as they were filming (<3). fwiw there are a bunch of places in Rock Creek Park or Thomas Jefferson Island that would make for great finish lines  :cmas16
Your probably right about the finally pit stop area. (Was trying to think of a museum that would have something relating to other countries). but maybe fans could pitch ideas for gladiator ideas and Napoleonic wars? For example, contestants could have to either recite a scene from an ancient Greek play in Greek (obviously) and have correct pronunciation or plant X amount of olive trees at a nearby farm (to relate to the Greek story of Athena bringing olives to Athens) and eat 20 olives each (just cause food challenges are hilarious to watch.) Yeah, these suggestions probably suck, but I bet someone else could come up with a better idea.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Eating 20 olives isn't difficult at all.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mass eaing tasks tend to be untelegenic BUT forcing teams to eat a bunch of grape leaves or BAKLAVA (or even better, RB with one person making it and an ARI of them eating it) would be fun.

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
Custom Season X (Now with tweaks/they are in the descriptions of legs)

Starting Line ~ San Antonio, Texas
Same reason as last time, possible western theme challenge at start like in Season 19

1. San Antonio, Texas --> Tahiti, French Polynesia
This time I chose a specific island. Very beautiful, has multiple places to visit for challenges like Mont' Orohena or the obvious Pacific ocean for another water related challenge.

2. Tahiti, French Polynesia --> Manila, Philippines

3. Manila, Philippines -->  Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

4.  Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia --> Moscow, Russia --> Sofia, Bulgaria
Possibly have connecting flights or have contestants due a roadblock before getting tickets to Bulgaria. Places could include Boyana Church, St. George Rotunda, and St. Sofia Basilica.

5. Sophia, Bulgaria --> Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Same reasoning as I had for the Russian one. Destinations can include the Rila mountains, Forum of Philippopolis, and the Trakart Center.

6. Plovdiv, Bulgaria --> Skopje, Macedonia

7. Skopje, Macedonia --> Cairo, Egypt OR Athens, Greece
I'm still debating if I should include at least two African countries in this custom season. I'll let you guys decide because I'd be fine seeing either of these cities reappearing again.

8. Cairo, Egypt OR Athens, Greece --> Corsica -->  Marseilles, France
Started to debate if Napoleon idea was a really good idea, so decided contestants should go on a cruise to Southern France. (From Corsica of course ;) )

9.Marseilles, France --> Barcelona, Spain
This is where they can drive and win (sponsored car here)

10. Barcelona, Spain --> Marrakesh, Morocco
Felt having contestants travel to small islands off the coast of Africa would be a challenge for them and the production crew.

11. Marrakesh, Morocco --> Barbados OR Trinidad and Tobago
Because waiting for them to visit another Caribbean nation after season 25 is Jamaican me crazy. Also these island nations have not been visited yet.

12. Barbados OR Trinidad and Tobago --> Washington D.C.

Final Pit Stop, Theodore Roosevelt Monument on Theodore Roosevelt Island
Because it's a beautiful sight and Roosevelt was a 'GREAT' diplomat.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Fruitegable

• RFF Jr. Member
Made this route based off of a unique idea for a final memory challenge.

Leg 1: Crater Lake, Oregon --> Nagoya, Japan
Because California starting lines are boring. Eleven teams. No starting line twist, just paddle across the lake and have fun driving to Portland.
In Nagoya, have some detour regarding feudal Japan. Then drive themselves to the Mt. Fuji area for a skydiving roadblock. And why not end it by driving yourself to Tokyo with some form of 'giant wacky obstacle course' roadblock? 1st place gets a nice Express Pass!

Leg 2: Tokyo, Japan --> Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Because Southeast Asia is <3 After a self driving leg with 2 roadblocks and a detour, teams will get some relief by staying in the city for some RI tasks, and end it with a detour at a wildlife center or zoo, perhaps? 1st place gets a nice Express Pass(assuming they don't have one already)! There's also the first of three fast forwards on this leg.

Leg 3: Phnom Penh, Cambodia -> Pattaya, Thailand
Teams bus it to Thailand and head out into it's rural side. The Face-Off makes its American debut, and the second FF is here.

Leg 4:Rayong, Thailand -> Thimphu, Bhutan
A new country, and a new twist - Teams must swap members for the detour segment! Have it be a non-elimination though. Challenges can relate to Buddhism.

Leg 5: Thimphu, Bhutan -> Moscow, Russia
It's been a few seasons. After getting to know the competition, teams get a chance to Blind U-Turn somebody. But this right here is a Double Leg!

Leg 6: Moscow, Russia -> Volgograd, Russia
Teams will now have to catch a train to Volgograd, where the last fast forward resides. This'll be a hard labor leg.

Leg 7: Volgograd, Russia -> Khiso, Georgia
Georgia is a beautiful country, and here teams will get a chance to trek alongside its gorgeous landscape. End the leg in Akhmeta. The Express Pass must be used by the end of this leg.

Leg 8: Akhmeta, Georgia -> Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
It's been a long time since we've been to Ethiopia, and it's about time for a safari leg! The Bale Mountains National Park is a beautiful area, and I would not mind teams spending all day there. Oh, and there's a Double U-Turn.

Leg 9: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia -> Monrovia, Liberia
Yeah yeah, I know that whole 'Ebola' thing just happened, but just stay with me here. A route info task will have teams headed to a Vai school where they will learn to survive in the wilderness, and learn to write the language of the Vai people. But first, a second face-off will ramp up the competition between our remaining teams.

Leg 10: Monrovia, Liberia -> Agadir, Morocco
Part beach leg, part food leg. Detour includes riding the waves or selling some trinkets. A roadblock has teams precisely preparing a couscous dish. At the end of this leg only three teams are left. What does that mean?

Leg 11: Agadir, Morocco -> Pangnirtung, Nunavut, Canada
3 Teams on the penultimate leg? Hell yeah! After making it to Pangnirtung (this might take a while), teams will immerse themselves in the creative nature of the town by helping make some prints by lithography. They will then head to the local high school, where the next clue will be given in Inuktitut, and they will have to figure out what it says by using a syllabic chart. When they can recite the clue to the teacher, they will give them the real clue telling them to head by helicopter to Auyuittuq National Park. Here, one team member will climb part way up a cliff to retrieve the next clue. Teams will then helicopter back to Pangnirtung, where they will find the pit stop at the southern outskirts of the town. Of course, this is a Non Elimination.

Leg 12: Iqaluit, Canada -> Boston, Massachusetts
Teams were moved to Iqaluit over the duration of the pit stop. After a luge challenge at the old Winter Games Arena, teams fly to the final destination, Massachusetts. Once In Boston, they must head to where Griffins Wharf once stood (Independence Wharf) and search for their next clue. The clue leads them to the Boston Tea Party Museum, where one team member must re-enact part of the Boston Tea Party in a play. Once they've done this correctly, they will be given the next clue. This will direct them to the One Federal Street building, where teams must repel down a side of the building, while searching for their next clue. It's located at Fort Independence, where helicopters are waiting to take teams to Long Point Beach on Provincetown by Cape Cod. Here they will find the final memory roadblock (in detail below). When it's finished, they can run a mile and a half to the finish line, at the tip of Long Point Beach.

Final Roadblock:
How well do you remember the script?

One team member must remember the countries they visited around the world and the dominant non-latin writing systems they encountered while there. First they most correctly order the countries by hanging signs with the name of each country on top of a long display, which they can reach by ladder. Once they are correctly ordered, they’ll be able to unlock a safe. Inside the safe are heavy stone slabs, each with a rough translation of the phrase 'Amazing Race' carved into them for each of the scripts they encountered, plus five extra scripts. They must lift the slabs into the display. When they can match the scripts with the countries they’ve visited they can run to the Finish Line.

The scripts in order are:
Katakana
Khmer
Thai
Dzongkha
Cyrillic
Georgian
Ethiopic
Vai
Arabic
Inuktitut

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Hell yeah for that memory challenge idea, just please no F3 NEL. I hated that so much in the early seasons and still have no idea why they would do that.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Pattaya is not rural at all lol. It's even more developed than some area in Bangkok. But I'd love to see a leg in Pattaya or other eastern part of Thailand. (Rayong/Trat/Chantaburi/Koh Chang/Koh Samet) I don't understand why they keep going back to Phuket. While the eastern part is even more easier to access and also have beautiful coastal area to build a leg.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:47:59 AM by Keepcopz »

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
Custom Season XX (With locations and roadblocks) (Because why not make more than one dream race?)

Starting Line ~ Fenway Park

1. Boston, Massachusetts --> Monrovia, Liberia
Who won't quilt til the end? One team member will have to bike to a local cotton farm where they must help one of the farmers finish a bushel of cotton. After that, the team member will have to pedal back to where they had originally gotten their clue and exchange the cotton for a custom made quilt. The next location will be on the quilt. (Why quilts? They are an important aspect of Liberian culture.)

2. Monrovia, Liberia --> Tunis, Tunisia
Switchback: Remember to not be afraid of the dark, one team member hadsto light a torch and, with some basic instructions, navigate the ancient arena to find the Pit of Death. Then, they have to retrieve a sword dangling above the pit, find a way out of the maze of tunnels, then bring it to the Pit Stop. Then, teams have to slide the sword into the sheath to finish the leg.

3. Tunis, Tunisia --> Milan, Italy --> Zurich, Switzerland
Roadblock 1: Who'll be a knight in shinning armor? One team member will have to dress fully in medieval armor. Then they will have to do three different tasks. 1. Hit three targets with either a crossbow or bow and arrow. 2. Successfully decapitate a scarecrow with a two handed sword. 3. Raise and lower a metal gate without dropping it.
Roadblock 2: Who's ok with getting a little bit cold? One team member will have to either snowboard or ski with a guide down a hill. They'll have to spot a flag along the way down where their next clue is hidden. If they don't get it, they'll have to go down the hill again.

4. Zurich, Switzerland --> St. Gallen, Switzerland
Good direction is the key to success here. One team member will have to use a compass and a map in German and snowshoe up a mountain to a lounge where they must deliver a bottle of brandy. After taking a shot at the lounge, they can get their next clue. They'll have to snowshoe back to their partner.

5. St. Gallen, Switzerland --> Helsinki, Finland
Who wants to be involved in the local sports? One team member will have to carry a volunteer in wife carrying, one of the local sports of Helsinki. After going through the obstacle course, they'll receive their next clue.

6. Helsinki, Finland --> Moscow, Russia --> Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Roadblock TBD

7. Tashkent, Uzbekistan --> Dhaka, Bangladesh
Who's ready to shop? One team member will be given a list of supplies needed to help a local orphanage. The only problem, all of the items are in the local language. Once they think they've gathered all of the items, they'll have to bring them back to the orphanage. $100 dollars worth of cash will be given, however ALL the money the team has on them must be donated like in season 19.

8. Bangladesh
Roadblock: Who wants soar? One team member will have to para glide while the other follows them in car, kinda like the one in season 27 in Brazil.

9. Bangladesh --> Sydney, Australia
Roadblock 1: This one requires musical talent. One team member will have to play a full scale on a didgeridoo with only one breath in between. They'll then have to put musical sheets in order at the Sydney opera house. The papers will be on the outside of the building and contestants will only be able to bring in one sheet at a time. once the order is correct, they'll receive their next clue. If not, they'll have to continue switching papers.
Roadblock 2: Which of you barneis (inexperience surfers) wants to go on a dawn patrol (Surf early in the morning)? In the morning, one team member will have to last 30 seconds either surfing or kite boarding without falling off their ride.

10. Sydney, Australia
Who wants to face rocky? One team member will get to climb up a section of the blue mountains with a guide. There will be dummy clues along the way. If a contestant opens a dummy one, they must climb back down and start all over again. (One person at a time)

11. Sydney, Australia --> Oamaru, New Zealand
Something with Zip-lining, Rappelling, or the Blue Penguins.

12. Oamaru, New Zealand --> San Francisco --> San Jose, California
Roadblock TBD, Probs something relating to memory. Make suggests please.
School of Griffin 4 Life