Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1547463 times)

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
I wanna see racers running on prosthetic legs. :hrt: The last time there was one was TAR21, and we only saw her race for 2 legs. :(
Cory of Jody & Cory in TARCan1 had prosthetic legs. Was awesome to watch :hearts:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
I wanna see racers running on prosthetic legs. :hrt: The last time there was one was TAR21, and we only saw her race for 2 legs. :(
Cory of Jody & Cory in TARCan1 had prosthetic legs. Was awesome to watch :hearts:
And kind of unfair because Cory used his story to gain money in the penultimate leg's RB, which was supposed to have them perform in public. Still like them enough though.
(Granted, Vanessa & Celina also had an advantage in that task.)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
And kind of unfair because Cory used his story to gain money in the penultimate leg's RB, which was supposed to have them perform in public. Still like them enough though.
Can that horrible task that eliminated Jet & Dave not be mentioned?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can that horrible task that eliminated Jet & Dave not be mentioned?
That horrible task that I thought they would've been amazing at? Sure.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I want to see another little person race.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I wish the entire world get along so TAR can journey through new countries that its lands can be easily noticed on a wall map. :<3
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Without Asia. Countries just visited once, or long time ago.

Leg 1: Phoenix, USA to Calgary, Canada
Leg 2: Canada to Reykjavík, Iceland
Leg 3: Iceland to Helsinki, Finland
Leg 4: Finland to Prague, Czech Republic
Leg 5: Czech Republic to Zagreb, Croatia
Leg 6: Croatia to Dubrovnik, Croatia
Leg 7: Croatia to Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 8: Sout Africa to Johannesburg, South Africa
Leg 9: South Africa to Tasmania, Australia
Leg 10: Australia to Dunedin, New Zealand
Leg 11: New Zealand to Uyuni, Bolivia.
Leg 12: Bolivia to Seattle, USA.

Really good route but I'd change Dunedin to Queenstown personally!

Anywhere of New Zealand is fine as well as
1) It was a winter leg with snow <3.
2) It was not a adventure/adrenaline centric leg like TAR13 NZ leg.
3) More Maori culture task.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

You are very likely to get snow in Dunedin or Queenstown at this time of year. If you have two NZ legs you can have a more culturally focused leg in and around Dunedin with the adventure/adrenaline leg in Queenstown.

For Dunedin, Have the teams visit Baldwin Street which is the world's steepest residential street. It also has a couple of museums that could feature  maori/NZ history themed tasks, Animal related tasks on the Otago Penninsula and then a pit-stop at Larnach Castle.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:40:23 AM by SamualDude »
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3

You are very likely to get snow in Dunedin or Queenstown at this time of year. If you have two NZ legs you can have a more culturally focused leg in and around Dunedin with the adventure/adrenaline leg in Queenstown.

For Dunedin, Have the teams visit Baldwin Street which is the world's steepest residential street. It also has a couple of museums that could feature  maori/NZ history themed tasks, Animal related tasks on the Otago Penninsula and then a pit-stop at Larnach Castle.

I like it! Go up Baldwin Street by bicycle would be so fun (and hard). xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

I like it! Go up Baldwin Street by bicycle would be so fun (and hard). xD

I've walked up Baldwin Street and it is really hard as it is XD
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Thinking about TAR Australia vs NZ and how TARUS will probably at least try TAR US vs Canada before eventually getting cancelled, I remembered my dream of an International All-Stars season with teams from the various TARs around the world.  One big possibility would be that such a season could be co-produced with all the other home networks/production companies (ActiveTV, AXN, TV5, 7, Reshet, etc.) pitching in to pay for production.  Can you imagine what kind of locations and tasks they could now attempt with more money?! Maybe even 13 or 14 Legs!  :yess: Hehe.

(As for the passport issue, they could always hold teams and release them from the airport at the same time. It's not like they haven't done that before with all American teams anyway.) :hoot:

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
I wish the entire world get along so TAR can journey through new countries that its lands can be easily noticed on a wall map. :<3

This times ten
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Season 27!

Starting Line: Los Angeles, CA ( (:;) as much as I hate to say it the LA starts are strategic since LAX is such a big airport)
Leg 1: Santiago & Valparaiso, CHILE (They just went there in season 23, but this time they should focus on the modern and urban centers of this up-and-coming nation!)
Leg 2: Antuco, CHILE (A ski resort town about 300 miles south of Santiago. A good leg for the stereotypical "South American wilderness" leg)
Leg 3: Sucre, BOLIVIA (The last time they went to Bolivia was in season 13, so it's long overdue. Plus the beautiful city coupled with the elevation would be just amazing.)
Leg 4: Potosi & Uyuni, BOLIVIA (A visit to the Salar de Uyuni. 'Nuff said)
Leg 5: Dublin, IRELAND (One of the few remaining cities in Europe that is unvisited, and Ireland itself has only been visited once. Also, I've personally been to Dublin and I can attest that it is absolutely stunning!)
Leg 6: Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC (Another undervisited country, as well as another gorgeous city)
Leg 7: Kutna Hora, CZECH REPUBLIC (In the Bohemian countryside. A visit to the Church of Bones and the nearby palace at Nove Dvory would be stunning!)
Leg 8: Larnaca, CYPRUS (A very safe Mediterranean country that has never been visited! Great opportunities for scuba diving challenges and ancient history reenactments (Othello anyone?  :funny: )
Leg 9: Kolkata, INDIA (Stereotypical leg in India, which hasn't been visited since Season 20!)
Leg 10: Darjeeling, INDIA (Northern highlands of India. A nice change of scenery since India is normally pictured as the urban cluster of poverty)
Leg 11: Taipei, TAIWAN (Typical East Asian penultimate urban leg)
Leg 12: Seattle, WA (Awesome city if I may add. It deserves a full leg!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:42:42 AM by Brannockdevice »
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
My Teams Wishlist:
Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval & Lauren Froderman (Dating)
Sophie LaMontagne & Katherine Kallinis (Sisters/DC Cupcakes or Georgetown Cupcakes)
Amanda & Michelle Babin (Top Model Twins)

Pit Stops/Finish Lines/Starting Lines Wishlist:
Barasoain Church (Malolos, Philippines) (Pit Stop)
Heroes Square (Budapest, Hungary) (Pit Stop)
Disneyland California (Los Angeles, California) (Starting Line or Finish Line)

Country Destinations/Locations Wishlist:
Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Bavaria, Germany)
Yerevan, Armenia

Tasks Wishlist:
Sell taho task (Philippines) (Roadblock)
Eat 10 baluts (Philippines) (Fast Forward)

Final Tasks Wishlist:
Disneyland California (Los Angeles, California) (Mental Challenge)

Just edited this AGAIN!

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
tar 27 spec..

Leg 1: USA (Chicago) > French Guinea (Kourou)
Leg 2: French Guinea > Uruguay (Tacuarembo)
Leg 3: Uruguay (Montevideo)
Leg 4: Uruguay > Cape Verde
Leg 5: Cape Verde > Ireland (Limerick)
Leg 6: Ireland > Iceland (Reykjavik)
Leg 7: Iceland > Greece (Heraklion)
Leg 8: Greece > Cyprus
Leg 9: Cyprus > Indonesia (Jakarta)
Lg 10: Indonesia (Yogyakarta)
Lg 11: Indonesia > Fiji (Suva)
Lg 12: Fiji > USA (Salt Lake City)
http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?tripid=754486#/tripid/754486
Creating Routes ~

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How would one dodge the various issues of the world this summer for TAR 27? Maybe:

START: Chicago, Illinois - whee not LA! You know what this means...

Leg 1: US to Xi'an, China - so the lock task was ~iconic~ but was limited by the hours operation and the fact that the Detour was generic and not actually a Detour. Cultural tasks plus lock task starting earlier in the day ensures there are meltdowns without multiple teams being thrown out of contention.

Leg 2: China to Rangali Island, Maldives - or more accurately, UNDER Rangali Island at the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant and were I not on my phone I'd show a link but it is preeeety cool.

Leg 3: Maldives to Ein Gedi, Israel - so the MERS outbreak makes it less than the usual amounts of desirable to go to the various countries that have Issues with Israel so we might as well go now yay!

Leg 4: Israel to Tel Aviv, Israel - it's weird, most legs in the Middle East devolve into legs based on nomadic culture, the desert in general (incl. camels) or ridiculous artifice (UAE legs) - this might be the first modern legin the region we get since...ever?

Leg 5: Israel to Sibiu, Romania - remeber that time we went to Romania and the leg reinforced a lot of stereotypes, from the lame to the offensive, and then it was overshadowed by Victor being a drama queen and a ridiculously obvious elimination? Good times right?

Leg 6: Israel to Grand Comore, Comoros - so while this is a not-so-obvious candidate for your annual 'look at these poor people' leg really I'm just here for the Livingstone bat.

Leg 7: Comoros to Menabe, Madagascar - really the leg centers around Morondava and the various animals that live near there but the Avenue of the Babosas sort of demands a Pit Stop.

Leg 8: Madagascar to Bloemfontein, South Africa - at first I was against the notion of spending so much time in southern Africa but I literally just saw a post on tumblr pimping it out and was all 'why not both *insert Hispanic child*?'

Leg 9: South Africa to Vienna, Austria and Bratislava, Slovakia - I really like the structure of the France/Monaco leg aside from the roulette wheel and so I think having that again, except this time ignoring self-driving in favor of forcing teams to decide how to get into and out of Slovakia (bus, train, taxi, etc) would be fun no?

Leg 10: Slovakia to Riga, Latvia - Lithuania + Estonia + Latvia = Baltics and 12 + 15 = 27 so it's perfect.

Leg 11: Latvia to Skogafoss waterfall, Iceland - if we're still doing this whole 'the final leg starts now so this physically demanding leg had not purpose' thing then this should be perfect with the driving around and various physical challenges and whatnot. If not, then it makes a good car leg and another homage to TAR 6.

Leg 12: Iceland to Cleveland, Ohio - aaaand another not-LA finish! kind of random Final City but populationwise it's within spitting distance of Atlanta and Miami PLUS there's a bunch of cool things to do, like a sport task which is culturally relevant for reasons beyond being able to rent out a stadium for a few hours or any task concerning rock and roll or golf or amusement parks. Best part is that any flight from Europe would get in in the afternoon, leading to a nighttime finish <3

I can see someone crow about budget what with 11 countries and all but most of them are off the beaten path and Iceland was saved for the endgame so it works out yay

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:00:00 AM by Zack. »

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing route, Zack!

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
Less Asia.

Leg 1: USA (Detroit) > Canada (London, Toronto)
They could start at Detroit and Drive up to London for some tasks then self drive to Toronto. This can be KOR so there will be flight drama plus Canada haven't been visited since season 8

Leg 2: Canada > French Guinea (Cayenne)
South American Start and New country.

Leg 3: French Guinea > Uruguay (Montevideo)
Again , undervisited country.

Leg 4: Uruguay > South Africa (Port Elizabeth)
Safer than the other parts of Africa cause of Ebola and under visited Country. Last visit was Season 7.

Leg 5: South Africa (Durban)
Self Drive to another unvisited city which has potential

Leg 6: South Africa > Czech Republic (Prague)
Haven't been visited and typical European Leg

Leg 7: Czech Republic > Hungary (Budapest)

Hungary has been ignored for a long time

Leg 8: Hungary

Deserves two legs.

Leg 9 Hungary > Cyprus

I want Cyprus , everyone wants Cyprus. It has potential

Leg 10: Cyprus > Australia (Cairns)

Skipping Asia due to MERS

Leg 11: Australia > Fiji (Nadi , Suva)

Again Everyone has been wanting to See Fiji for a long time.

Leg 12: Fiji > USA (Pheonix, Arizona)

Never seen finale here

Creating Routes ~

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
Europe Overloaddd

Leg 1: USA (Miami) > Ireland (Limerick and Dublin)
Yay somewhere else than LA! And Ireland Love :)

Leg 2: Ireland > Isle of Man
Ferry from Dublin. Historic leg to this special state. It would be cool for racers to be racing here.

Leg 3: Isle of Man > UK (Liverpool) > Sweden (Gothenburg)
Ferry to Yet again UK for 1 or 2 tasks then fly to Sweden for a proper Swedish Leg than in Season 25

Leg 4: Sweden > Slovenia (Ljubljana)
New country and I chose that city cause look at it! How do you pronoune that??  :funny:

Leg 5: Slovenia > Croatia (Zagreb)
Train to Zagreb. Another Ignored country.

Leg 6: Croatia > Seychelles
I really loved Seychelles last time it was visited.

Leg 7: Seychelles > Nepal (Kathmandu)
Would love to see teams help out and react to the destruction.

Leg 8: Nepal (Pokhara, Lumbini and Butwal)
Birthplace of Buddha and culture leg and self driving I want to see them get lost in Nepal :funny:

Leg 9: Nepal > Indonesia (Jakarta)
Who doesn't love Indonesia? :funny:

Leg 10: Indonesia > New Caledenia (Nouméa)
Another unvisited country. There's so much potential in Oceania!!

Leg 11: New Caledonia (Gadji)
Water Tasks in this beautiful island <3

Leg 12: New Caledonia > USA (Denver)
YAY Someehere other than LA!

http://www.rome2rio.com/trip/qGNqFs
Creating Routes ~

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
My Season 27 hopes...

Leg 1: Usa (Los Angeles) > Australia (Melbourne)
Melbourne looks like a great and Australia needs a visit

Leg 2: Australia (Tasmania)
Tasmania looks beautiful and is easily accessible from Melbourne

Leg 3: Australia > China (Beijing)
Beijing hasn't had a visit since S14 and I want another foot massage  :funny:

Leg 4: China > Laos (Luang Prabang)
Laos just need a visit

Leg 5: Laos > South Africa (Cape Town)
South Africa hasn't been visited since S7

Leg 6: South Africa (Port Elizabeth)
By bus and Port Elizabeth hasn't been visited by the Us version

Leg 7: South Africa > Hungary (Budapest)
Such a beautiful City

Leg 8: Hungary (Budapest)
It deserves two legs!

Leg 9: Hungary > Ireland (Dublin)
Ireland's beautiful capital needs a visit

Leg 10: Ireland > Brazil (São Paulo)
Brazilian busy City life

Leg 11: Brazil > Ecuador (Galapagos Islands)
Honestly looks amazing, Easily accessible via Quito or Guayaquil

Leg 12: Ecuador > USA (Chicago)
The Windy City needs more attention!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
This! :conf: Sears/Willis Tower, Crown Fountain, Jackson Park and Promontory Point are well over due for a visit. Plus, a firefighting task to pay homage to the media term "Chicago Fire" would make a unique finale.

Perhaps a Finish Line on Northerly Island :please:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
This! :conf: Sears/Willis Tower, Crown Fountain, Jackson Park and Promontory Point are well over due for a visit. Plus, a firefighting task to pay homage to the media term "Chicago Fire" would make a unique finale.

Perhaps a Finish Line on Northerly Island :please:

Chicago Fire task would be <3333.

Galapagos would be very nice to see. <333

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
My Season 27 hopes...

Laos just need a visit

Such a beautiful City

It deserves two legs!

Brazilian busy City life

Oh gosh you made it look better than my route. It was inspired by mine right? :funny:
Creating Routes ~

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
My Season 27 hopes...

Laos just need a visit

Such a beautiful City

It deserves two legs!

Brazilian busy City life

great route ★★★★
skateboard task like learn and act it from the legendary hometown skateboarder Bob Burnquist in Sao Paolo would be fun :-D

what might have been

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
My Season 27 hopes...

Laos just need a visit

Such a beautiful City

It deserves two legs!

Brazilian busy City life

Oh gosh you made it look better than my route. It was inspired by mine right? :funny:

Yes it was / Thank you  :funny: