Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1546414 times)

Offline TooAmazingTAR23

• RFF Not So Newbie
I'm sure this has probably been said (I just don't want to read all 102 pages), but I'd like to see a 50/50 split of previous winners vs. never raced before. I'm sure you could get 5 winning teams to come back.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
A Leg 2 non-elimination happened on the Ukrainian Race

TBC legs where the last team is eliminated happen often on the Latin American race
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
A Leg 2 non-elimination happened on the Ukrainian Race

TBC legs where the last team is eliminated happen often on the Latin American race
Those don't count because it's not the US version :P

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm not sure what the reason is behind having 2 seasons per year, ??? but I have nothing against it. :lol: It's better than having 1 season a year.

My wish: Film 3 seasons per year if possible? :) Or film 3 seasons in a year, at least once? :)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm not sure what the reason is behind having 2 seasons per year, ??? but I have nothing against it. :lol: It's better than having 1 season a year.

My wish: Film 3 seasons per year if possible? :) Or film 3 seasons in a year, at least once? :)
budget
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

budget

Oh right! :lol: thanks for the info! :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

budget

Oh! right. :lol: Thanks for the info! :)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

TAR5, 6, 7 already done that.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

TAR5, 6, 7 already done that.

Oh cool. I must've been too young to remember that. :lol:

Wadsy591

In terms of countries that haven't yet been visited which I want to see:

The Bahamas
Guyana
Venezuela
Fiji
Bhutan
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Congo
Montenegro
Bosnia Herzegovina
Slovenia
Latvia
Luxembourg
Belarus

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member

The Bahamas
Guyana
Venezuela
Fiji
Bhutan
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Congo
Montenegro
Bosnia Herzegovina
Slovenia
Latvia
Luxembourg
Belarus

They did go to Kenya on TAR5 but just go change the plane.  :funny:

I think Venezuela is too dangerous? Bhutan is pretty hard to access. Belarus still got problem with Ukraine-Russia? But the rest should be fine.

I wanna see Bahamas / Fiji / Luxemborug / Latvia / Zimbabwe so much!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

The Bahamas
Guyana
Venezuela
Fiji
Bhutan
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Congo
Montenegro
Bosnia Herzegovina
Slovenia
Latvia
Luxembourg
Belarus

They did go to Kenya on TAR5 but just go change the plane.  :funny:

I think Venezuela is too dangerous? Bhutan is pretty hard to access. Belarus still got problem with Ukraine-Russia? But the rest should be fine.

I wanna see Bahamas / Fiji / Luxemborug / Latvia / Zimbabwe so much!

The Bahamas
Guyana
Venezuela
Fiji
Bhutan
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Congo
Montenegro
Bosnia Herzegovina
Slovenia
Latvia
Luxembourg
Belarus

I would love to see Israel, Canada, Maldives, Bahamas, Fiji, Zimbabwe, Latvia and Luxembourg

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
I would love to see Israel, Canada, Maldives, Bahamas, Fiji, Zimbabwe, Latvia and Luxembourg

Maldives would be decent destination! But I wonder what kind of leg they can handle there since it's very small island. (Smaller than Bora Bora from 22?) ???

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

Maldives would be decent destination! But I wonder what kind of leg they can handle there since it's very small island. (Smaller than Bora Bora from 22?) ???

Treat Maldives as island/clean version of chaotic India/Bangladesh leg like Sri Lanka. Since Maldives culture resembles to Bangladesh (Islamic country in South Asia) but far less crowded and more cleaner than Bangladesh and India. I hope TAR27 can visit Maldives if India was not on the list next season.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Just recast the entire TAR 26 cast, with Kym & Alli replacing Tyler & Laura, and have them race again.  :funny:

But seriously, I'd love to see a returning racer Season with 12 Legs, and NO Eliminations.  Yea, it's never gonna happen, but imagine all 11 teams racing from the Start, right through to the Finish Line.  :didimiss:

And we wouldn't have to worry about there being "too many teams to know who's who" because they're all returnees so we'd already know them.  :lol:

If only we had a budget for such a thing though.  :'(
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

The Latin American race managed to get away with a visit to Venezuela, because they flew directly to a remote airport in a remote national park in the middle of the wilderness. The leg was held there, and then they left for Manaus, Brazil in the next leg.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11

The Latin American race managed to get away with a visit to Venezuela, because they flew directly to a remote airport in a remote national park in the middle of the wilderness. The leg was held there, and then they left for Manaus, Brazil in the next leg.

From Colombia, who's also out of the limits (at least by now) for TARUS.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
fwiw I've seen ads for tourism in Cartagena here so maybe it's one of those circumstances where it's possible if WRP highly corrals the racers?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
You mean like they did in Mozambique?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm gonna place my wishes for TAR27 in here:
~Visit at least 4 continents, but do 7 if possible.
~Have a Leg 2 and/or Top 10 NEL.
~Have an early leg in the Philippines. :hoot: Around Legs 1-4.
~More FF teams. I miss those since the last season didn't have any.
~More Fast Forwards! :hoot: I'm hoping for 3-5.
~3 EPs! :hoot:
~Return of the single U-turn, or add a good twist. (By good, that means not something as powerful as the Save.)
~Visit 1 more new country!  :hearts:
~90-min premiere or finale please?

That's all I can remember for now. :lol:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
A 7 continent race would be awesome, but I doubt they'd do it since they didn't do it in All-Stars 1, which would've been the perfect time to go to Antarctica.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm gonna place my wishes for TAR27 in here:
~Visit at least 4 continents, but do 7 if possible.
~Have a Leg 2 and/or Top 10 NEL.
~Have an early leg in the Philippines. :hoot: Around Legs 1-4.
~More FF teams. I miss those since the last season didn't have any.
~More Fast Forwards! :hoot: I'm hoping for 3-5.
~3 EPs! :hoot:
~Return of the single U-turn, or add a good twist. (By good, that means not something as powerful as the Save.)
~Visit 1 more new country!  :hearts:
~90-min premiere or finale please?

That's all I can remember for now. :lol:

Gonna add African Leg 1 and Leg 11.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think some of your hopes and dreams will be realized here (though it's for TAR 28 for reasons which will become apparent  :funny:). My kiiiiiiind of serious take on WRP's budget route planning.

Leg 1 - Washington, DC, USA to Port Elizabeth, South Africa - like 300 races have already been here. I would prefer original tasks but if they have a Switchback to HMLM 1 where someone has to break a hand mirror to cut a rope they poorly tied onto their truck I won't be mad.
Leg 2 - South Africa to Malolotja Nature Reserve, Swaziland - just about every race there's a leg where people get to see poor people live their lives as usual. This is that leg.
Leg 3 - Swaziland to Petra National Park, Jordan - I'm still surprised TAR hasn't eliminated someone on 'The High Place of Sacrifice'.
Leg 4 - Jordan to Aswan, Egypt - As it turns out most of the issues in Aswan are typical of most cities (pickpocketing, the joy of being a female traveler in a Muslim country, etc.) and not so much due to the events of the past few years as is more true in Cairo. Camels, the Nubian people, and a TBC because why not.
Leg 5 - Egypt to Inle Lake, Myanmar - Imagine that leg in Angkor Wat from TAR 13...but better. And an NEL because consecutive NELs are fun and good.
Leg 6 - Myanmar to Yangon, Myanmar - When was the last time we had a double leg in a new country (depending on your interpretation, it'd be either 6 seasons or 9 :O.)
Leg 7 - Myanmar to Hong Kong, China - blahblah overused I don't care, I just want a leg in Hong Kong that doesn't suck.  :'( (Also in my dream India is visited in 27 rather than China even though the opposite is likely true)
Leg 8 - China to Rotorua, New Zealand - see above. Also I kind of needed a leg in New Zealand so as to facilitate
Leg 9 - New Zealand to Easter Island - mmmhmm. SURE it might just be your standard bathing suit leg but EASTER ISLAND.
Leg 10 - Easter Island to Santiago, Chile - I mean there's really only one logical destination from Easter Island plus this route has a dearth of big cities in it to begin with so hopefully it sucks less then every other leg in Chile?
Leg 11 - Chile to Mt. Aconcagua, Argentina - If they insist upon this whole 'nonelimination at the end of leg 11' thing then I'd really like to see the racers suffer as a result. Difficult tasks, altitude weariness, and several hours of driving only to be told to get lost.
Leg 12 - Argentina (to Chile) to Miami, FL, US - how is it both legs in Miami suck? I don't get it *shrugs*.

Incidentally most of this could occur in real TAR - the first leg is consistent with having two flight options kind of reasonably close together, and the last third would likely be what the route is built around (there's an actual sequence of Auckland - Papeete - Easter Island - Santiago - Aconcagua via car - Santiago - Miami that exists) so the only hiccup is getting to and from Hong Kong but that's part of the challenge.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing route, Zack! I'll do one that could fit well too...

Leg 1 - Miami, FL, USA to Lisbon, Portugal. - since we all get to see the eleven teams racing on a small country for the last seasons, i'm really pumped for this one to happen!

Leg 2 - Lisbon, Portugal to Faro, Portugal - Faro has like a huge amount of rich people living there. It is a small but really organized city! That would be incredible.

Leg 3 - Faro, Portugal to Toledo, Spain - The city of swords! Toledo is a huge part of Spain and there is a beautiful fortress on town.

Leg 4 - Toledo to Athens, Greece - Just to change it out a little bit. Greece is a beautiful country and i wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

Leg 5 - Athens to Cairo, Egypt - Like, we REALLY need to re-visit Egypt. It's a incredible place.

Leg 6 - Cairo, Egypt to Baku, Azerbaijan - That leg on TAR 20 was really really crappy. I'm sure they can explore more of the city and do SUCH a better job.

Leg 7 - Baku to Shirvan, Azerbaijan - Explore the country!

Leg 8 - Shirvan to Delhi, India - Like, India might be overused but we don't have a leg there since AR 20!!

Leg 9 - Delhi to Seoul, South Korea - Of course TAR has to go there. To me, that's the most incredible city on earth.

Leg 10 - Seoul to Sosan, South Korea - This is another country that HAS to be explored.

Leg 11 - Sosan, South Korea to Montréal, Canada - Why there was never a pit stop in Canada? Why there was never a full leg there? I'll never understend this.

Leg 12 - Montréal to New York City, US - Like, the most incredible ending city. Remember AR21? Great finale. 
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
A 7 continent race would be awesome, but I doubt they'd do it since they didn't do it in All-Stars 1, which would've been the perfect time to go to Antarctica.

I wonder what kind of task they can handle there? Find Penguins or something? :lol:

I think they didn't do it on AS1 because there are still too much teams at that point? If the Ushuaia leg were at F5/4, I think there are high chance they visit Antarctica. I still hold my breathe for Antarctica in latter season since I think it can also be access via New Zealand, right? ???

Leg 7 - Myanmar to Hong Kong, China - blahblah overused I don't care, I just want a leg in Hong Kong that doesn't suck.  :'( (Also in my dream India is visited in 27 rather than China even though the opposite is likely true)

I think Hong Kong in TAR17 was pretty fantastic.  :'(

But your route was so <33. Easter Island <33. Mt.Aconcagua <33. Burma <33. And skipping Europe for a season might be a great choice since we got overload Europe lately. (I wanna say skip Asia too but it's inevitable to do that, right?)