The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (367/966) > >>

Platrium:

--- Quote from: Karpov617 on May 20, 2014, 08:37:52 AM ---Actually what I want them to do is this:
Leg 4: Double U-Turn. Told to teams at the start of the leg.
Leg 7: Double U-Turn. Told to teams with the Detour clue.
Leg 10: Single U-Turn. Told to teams at the END of the Detour. So the last team standing having not yet used the U-Turn could change the game's landscape.

--- End quote ---

Your 1st sentences can be shuffled. :) I like your idea on those underlined.

G.B.:

--- Quote from: amazing1604 on May 20, 2014, 08:00:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Loken on May 13, 2014, 10:05:52 AM ---^ The Twinnies Stragety :)

New Route, ignored europe. Southern Hemisphere

Leg 1: USA > Ecuador (Quito)
Leg 2: Ecuador > Peru (Lima)
Leg 3: Peru (Cusco)
Leg 4: Peru > Australia (Melbourne)
Leg 5: Australia (Hobart)
Leg 6: Australia > Indonesia (Banda Aceh) [I have a feeling..]
Leg 7: Indonesia > Maldives (Male)
Leg 8: Maldives (Addu City)
Leg 9: Maldives > Mauritus (Bel Aire)
Lg 10: Mauritus > Reunion (Saint Dennis)
Lg 11: Reunion > Namibia (Windhoek)
Lg 12: Namibia > USA
http://www.rome2rio.com/trip/VBjBZk

--- End quote ---

Well, Banda Aceh is not a great idea since they have their own culture that is REALLY different with any other cities in Indonesia. EVERY WOMAN in the province should wear veils and wear an extremely closed outfit. EVERY MAN couldn't wear shorts. If they don't want to use trousers, they have to wear sarongs.  blahblah yes, it's really depressing.

Btw, I'm agree that Padang will someday be visited. They have great culture and so on.

I'm Indonesian btw, so trust me  ;) OH ! and you have to visit Jakarta someday!

--- End quote ---

I think that would make a really good leg. Heavy culture shock was always something this show was great at, and seems to have lessened a little bit in later years. Not to mention, I'm always a fan of dressing teams up  :o

airn10:

--- Quote from: Karpov617 on May 20, 2014, 08:37:52 AM ---Actually what I want them to do is this:
Leg 10: Single U-Turn. Told to teams at the END of the Detour. So the last team standing having not yet used the U-Turn could change the game's landscape.

--- End quote ---

I like the way you are thinking!

It definitely would add some strategy to the race!

albegrato:

--- Quote from: airn10 on May 20, 2014, 04:19:13 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I like the way you are thinking!

It definitely would add some strategy to the race!

--- End quote ---

Especially if teams don't expect a third U-Turn board to come up. :snicker:

If I could add to a season's design:

10 teams, 12 legs.
Leg 1: Non-elimination. Starts out in Texas (the Alamo, maybe?) and teams goes to South America. Peru or Bolivia, perhaps. Even Suriname. 1 Roadblock and 1 Detour.
Leg 2: Elimination. Teams go to the Caribbean. Curacao, The Bahamas, or Trinidad & Tobago.
Leg 3: Elimination. Teams go to Canada. Maybe they'd splice a task or two from the first TARC. Or even better, have an Intersection with the Canadian teams if their filiming coincides. The first Fast Forward would appear.
Leg 4: Non-elimination. Teams fly to the Philippines (either direct or via South Korea I think...). I'm guessing teams would enter through Manila, but I'm actually hoping they would visit Cebu, Vigan, or Davao.
Leg 5: Elimination. Teams stay in the Philippines, but fly to another island. A Double U-Turn would appear. The second Fast Forward would appear.
Leg 6: Non-elimination. Teams go to Oceania (Australia, Palau, New Caledonia)
Leg 7: Elimination. Teams go to Nepal. Second Double U-Turn would appear. Another Fast Forward (maybe they could use that special helicopter that flies towards the summit of Everest?)
Leg 8: Non-elimination or Keep Racing. South Africa. A task that I'd like to show up would use that fact that South Africa has so many official regional languages.
Leg 9: Elimination. Stay in South Africa or go to Namibia/Angola. The fourth and last Fast Forward appears. I actually want this to be a double-length leg (w/ a faux pit stop with no Phil, just a clue box by the mat). So teams had to run 3 legs straight with no pit stop (but probably with HoO) The FF appears in the second part of the double-length leg.
Leg 10: Elimination. Race goes to Europe. Maybe Romania, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, or Finland. A Single U-Turn appears.
Leg 11: Elimination. Teams head to either West Europe (Gibraltar, Ireland, Andorra) or Central America (for this one, I'd like them to go to Costa Rica and make a Switchback to the red coffee bean Roadblock in S8 [Hi Tammy! :waves:])
Leg 12: Finale. They could probably go to Chicago as the final destination city, but I actually want to see cross-state driving (like in S8). The memory task would be the one Roadblock, and the finale also have a Detour. So that's 12 RBs, so only up to 6 RBs per team member.

Boring Dude:
Concept for a future season of TAR:

At least one twist or extra task per leg.

Twists & special tasks:
- W-turn (2 of these)
- Speed Bump (3 of these)
- Fast Forward (3 of these)
- Start line task/Hazard
- Intersection
- Bypass: An optional task that lets the first team who finishes start an hour earlier on the following leg.
- Double-back: A double u-turn on a roadblock.
- Fork-in-the-road: A splice of detour and roadblock, with two tasks, each of which one team member must perform simultaneously.
- First leg prize: Free U-turn on any detour through leg 8.
- Double express pass goes to first team to win 2 legs OR first team to win SL task and 1 leg, whichever happens first.

Legs:
1 - Honolulu, USA -> Melbourne, Australia (SL task)(Hazard)(11th place EL)
2 - Melbourne, Australia -> Manila, Philippines (Intersection)(10th place EL)
3 - rural Philippines (FF #1)(9th place NEL)
4 - Manila, Philippines -> Kolkata, India (SB #1)(9th place EL)
5 - Kolkata, India -> Darjeeling, India (FF #2)(8th place EL)
6 - Darjeeling, India -> Doha, Qatar (W-turn #1)(7th place EL)
7 - Doha, Qatar -> rural Angola (Bypass)(6th place NEL)
8 - Luanda, Angola (W-turn #2)(SB #2)(6th place EL)
9 - Luanda, Angola -> Prague, Czech Republic (Double-back)(5th place NEL)
10 - Prague, Czech Republic -> Paris, France (Night leg)(FF #3)(SB #3)(5th place EL)
11 - Paris, France -> Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Fork-in-the-road)(4th place EL)
12 - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic -> Colorado Springs, USA (FINALE)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version