Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 488624 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2225 on: July 20, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »
We need a wiki page on cancelled legs, it's such an interesting and yet forgettable topic.

Problem with that is the complete lack of online  mainstream media sources that can be cited under Wikipedia guidelines.
Might be able to do it on the TAR wiki here,but I don't know offhand what their source guidelines are.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2226 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure Russia is fine to visit. Australia hasn't been visited since Unfinished Business and there's no conflict going on between the States and Australia. I'm simply sensing inopportune coincidence.

Actually Russia is Level 3 and Travel is NOT recommended.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/russia-travel-advisory.html

Please remember to use the US Dept of State warnings and guidelines as your basis. :tup:
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2227 on: July 20, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure Russia is fine to visit. Australia hasn't been visited since Unfinished Business and there's no conflict going on between the States and Australia. I'm simply sensing inopportune coincidence.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/russia-travel-advisory.html

Please remember to use the US Dept of State warnings and guidelines as your basis. :tup:
Did not know that. :o Thanks, Peach! It seemed like yesterday the season 21 teams were in Moscow to me. Time sure flies. Hoping the conflict there will settle.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3

Offline Shaynepc

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2228 on: July 20, 2018, 07:31:33 PM »

Did not know that. :o Thanks, Peach! It seemed like yesterday the season 21 teams were in Moscow to me. Time sure flies. Hoping the conflict there will settle.

Honestly considering the amount of trouble they've run into in Russia including the aforementioned season, even if it wasn't for the travel advisory currently it would be likely production would avoid there.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2229 on: July 20, 2018, 07:33:22 PM »
What trouble did they run into in Season 21?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #2230 on: July 20, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »
James and Abba's belongings sans things they brought outside, was stolen by an unauthorized taxi driver, that's it. It caused a huge headache as they lost one of the passports inside the taxi.
Life is beautiful.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2231 on: July 20, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »
They narrowly made it back in time to stand at the finish line dealing with the embassy. With the level raised, that could be more difficult currently.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2232 on: July 20, 2018, 09:01:41 PM »
Oh, I thought it was something else like Phil got detained again or something production-related, they couldn't get permits or whatever.

Well that's too bad. The TAR China 3 Moscow Leg was great and the TARAu3 Russia Legs were good too.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2233 on: July 20, 2018, 09:15:56 PM »
Nah, that was Ukraine season 10.