Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158808 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2600 on: April 09, 2023, 05:55:28 AM »
What else could TARCAN book besides economy/coach class like seemingly every other franchise?

Air Canada has flex and comfort fares. Flex is more expensive on certain routes.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/business-travel/for-business/offers/comfort-for-flex.html
https://thesupacoowackiestblogintheuniverse.files.wordpress.com/2023/04/calgary-flex.jpg
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 07:05:37 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2601 on: April 09, 2023, 10:01:05 PM »
Except both fall under business class and would thus be inaccessible for use by TARCAN racers.

Offline Tober2005

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2602 on: April 30, 2023, 12:12:18 PM »
When is The Amazing Race going to get back to normal again with the tasks, departure times, flights, speed bumps, u-turns, etc?

Because since Season 33 post-COVID, many things have changed.
just graduated from high school. moving off to college soon.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2603 on: April 30, 2023, 12:18:29 PM »
When is The Amazing Race going to get back to normal again with the tasks, departure times, flights, speed bumps, u-turns, etc?

Phil's been asked that again and again on Twitter. His answer is basically... when they feel safe enough to ditch the charter.

Offline Tober2005

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2604 on: April 30, 2023, 05:41:03 PM »

Phil's been asked that again and again on Twitter. His answer is basically... when they feel safe enough to ditch the charter.

So probably when there's no more restrictions on any place at all.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2605 on: April 30, 2023, 06:37:24 PM »
I believe we are done with the charter plane ...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tober2005

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2606 on: April 30, 2023, 07:27:21 PM »
I believe we are done with the charter plane ...

Yay!! Looks like everything's going to be normal like usual when they film season 36.

And probably an All-Stars one next for season 37 and 38, but they should have teams starting all the way from 25 so maybe one team per previous season.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2607 on: May 01, 2023, 08:19:02 AM »
Incidental timing with President Biden's intended declaration on the eleventh of May.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #2608 on: August 19, 2023, 03:04:43 PM »
Very random question - I'm rewatching TAR Aus 6 Ep 12, and at the start there's a warning that states "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are advised that this program contains images, names and voices of those who have died."

Do we know what this is referring too? I tried looking up natural disasters or incidents that occurred but couldn't find any information on it?
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2609 on: August 19, 2023, 03:54:03 PM »
Very random question - I'm rewatching TAR Aus 6 Ep 12, and at the start there's a warning that states "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are advised that this program contains images, names and voices of those who have died."

Do we know what this is referring too? I tried looking up natural disasters or incidents that occurred but couldn't find any information on it?

https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/mourning-an-aboriginal-death

Traditional law across Australia said that a dead person's name could not be said because you would recall and disturb their spirit.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2610 on: August 19, 2023, 05:58:10 PM »
I think the question is which dead person(s) appeared in the episode, and I was wondering that myself as well.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2611 on: August 19, 2023, 06:33:57 PM »
I think the question is which dead person(s) appeared in the episode, and I was wondering that myself as well.

Stuart talked about both of his deceased parents with photos shown.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2612 on: September 18, 2023, 02:13:37 PM »
What caused so many dominant winners to emerge during the show's middle era? The earlier era had a few dominant winners, but never a team winning 6+ legs. Two won 5 legs (S9 and S1 winners), but none more.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2613 on: September 19, 2023, 06:09:43 PM »
I think it's a mix of factors - the casts lent themselves to only a handful of capable teams (plus there were no real 'alpha male' teams between TAR 11 and TAR 19 aside from Jet & Cord who had their share of flaws as racers), the legs were shorter and easier, there were fewer legs involving self-driving or complex travel, and the teams themselves were more equipped to handle the TAR metagame by preparing more, studying during the race, and being efficient in racing in general.