Author Topic: So you think you can dance?  (Read 33649 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: So you think you can dance?
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »
Well, at least we have only one Courtney and one Chelsie left -- the other two with the same name (but different spelling) are gone.

I'm not too surprised that Kourtni & Matt are gone.  I predicted Matt's departure and I was probably thinking Kourtni would go if Jessica wasn't in the bottom three.

My favorite couple is Katee & Joshua.  I learned Katee is part Asian American (her mother's Japanese) and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, so once we get down to the top 10, I'm going to be voting just for her!

Belle Book

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2008, 02:35:16 AM »
Love this show!  :hearts: :hearts:

Katee and Josh
Kherington and Twitch
Chelsea and Mark

Best three couples throw Will and Courtney and I think you have the top 8 dancers.
:ythat:   :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: 
My favorite show this summer...of the very few I'm watching.

One of those couples will be in the finals.  I've been voting for Kherington & Twitch & Chelsie & Mark, but like Katee & Josh also. 
This is the greatest season evah!  :jumpy:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »
I'm not sure if it is as good as last season overall. But those three couples above and Will are amazing dancers!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2008, 08:13:03 AM »
Based on their performances last night, it's a no-brainer of who will be leaving tonight.....

Comfort and Thayne are gone!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2008, 02:09:48 AM »
Bottom 3 Couples:

Comfort/Thayne
Jessica/Will
Kherington/Twitch

Eliminated:

Comfort/Thayne

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »
Now I think we have the best dancers left. I feel bad for the guy that ends up with Jessica. I would love to see Will with Chelsie or Kherington. I have to say I really like the couples we have now hopefully Jessica goes soon.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »
Jessica probably will go soon -- like next Thursday.

Belle Book

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
Jessica probably will go soon -- like next Thursday.

Belle Book

Jessica is gone! Apparently she got hurt and Comfort has been brought back according to an interview with Nigel. Also Courtney and Josh have been paired up he let that slip.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
The bottom four this week were:   Kherington and Comfort
                                                       Mark and Gev

Kherington went home     :'(        IMO    Kherington is a much better all around dancer than Comfort.
I really wish they would have had Comfort dance just to fill Jessica's spot and then that spot would have been eliminated.  Then Jessica and Comfort would be gone and Kherington would be there for one more week.     :jumpy:

Gev also went home.   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2008, 03:13:29 PM »
The bottom four this week were:   Kherington and Comfort
                                                       Mark and Gev

Kherington went home     :'(        IMO    Kherington is a much better all around dancer than Comfort.
I really wish they would have had Comfort dance just to fill Jessica's spot and then that spot would have been eliminated.  Then Jessica and Comfort would be gone and Kherington would be there for one more week.     :jumpy:

Gev also went home.  
:ythat: pledge, I couldn't have said it any better!  I'm so sad that Kherington is gone.  :'( :'(  It totally shocked me that Comfort didn't get the boot. ???  I really thought she would be gone. Yeah, she finally stepped up to the plate as Nigel says, but she was lacking OVERALL in most of her performances.  Her solos were always samo-samo...no variety.  I give her credit for doing great after returning, but that shouldn't have been the main reason for keeping her.  America, bzzzt...you goofed. I'm really sad that I didn't cast my votes for Kheri, in addition to Chelsie OR, voted ONLY for Kherington.  But I thought she was safe.  Just can't take anything for granted w/ these shows!! :groan: 

I figured Gev would go, no shocker there.  I like him though...but think Mark is the best of those two guys.

It's great that after the finalists leave, they can still go on Tour and get even further instruction to promote their abilities and give them a very good chance for their future career. 

I love this show!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :yess:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
The bottom four this week were:   Kherington and Comfort
                                                       Mark and Gev

Kherington went home     :'(        IMO    Kherington is a much better all around dancer than Comfort.
I really wish they would have had Comfort dance just to fill Jessica's spot and then that spot would have been eliminated.  Then Jessica and Comfort would be gone and Kherington would be there for one more week.     :jumpy:

Gev also went home.   

Yes, Kherington is an overall better dancer than Comfort is.  However, Kherington had two bad partnered dances this week and Comfort had just one (albeit her great dance was in her own genre).  Worse, she had a bad dance the week before.  Also, I think there were people who didn't want to have Comfort come back in only to go out the following week.  Moreover, Kherington is one of three contemporary dancers and Comfort is a hip-hop dancer.  Comfort stands out more than Kherington.

I was really sad when I learned that Jessica had to drop out because of an injury.  Rotten luck for her.  But hopefully she'll get to go on tour, even if it's only as an alternate.

Belle Book

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
I was really sad when I learned that Jessica had to drop out because of an injury.  Rotten luck for her.  But hopefully she'll get to go on tour, even if it's only as an alternate.

Belle Book

Yes, me too, sad about Jessica having to drop out.  I hope she will be well in time for the Tour. :tup:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2008, 07:59:08 PM »
Now I think we are slowly starting to widdle down the numbers and get to the best dancers.

The best dancers easily are Chelsea, Katee, Josh and Will. That should be the top 4.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »
Now I think we are slowly starting to widdle down the numbers and get to the best dancers.

The best dancers easily are Chelsea, Katee, Josh and Will. That should be the top 4.

I completely agree with you.  I hope they are but with "Joe America" voting .......who knows    :duno:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »
Unfortunately, "Joe America" didn't entirely agree with you guys -- or me, for that matter.  They chose Mark (and Twitch) over Will.  The problem is that this isn't a search for America's Best Dancer, it's a search for America's Favorite Dancer.  And that's where Will fell short.  Will is an excellent dancer, but he's had some problems with performance (partly due to getting a partner who may have been dancing while injured).  Also, while Mark and Will are both contemporary dancers, I think Mark was a little more unique than Will.  This (and the fact that Mark's from Hawaii) probably explains why Mark got a bigger fan base than Will.  But the bigger problems were that the judges were pimping Will, while Mark was savaged when he was partnered with Kherington (and may have been criticized before that, too).  And then Mark was one of the Bottom 2 guys.  After that, I think his fan base went all-out for him, while Will's fan base may have gotten complacent with all the praise he got for his two routines with Courtney (although I thought one of them wasn't so good).  So Will is gone.  Although I didn't think he'd win, I didn't think he'd go home this early either!

Belle Book

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »
I think at this point it is anyone contest to win. I like everyone left and wouldn't mind if any of them one. However, I think Katee may suffer the same fate as well. She is an amazing dancer but I think Chelsie and Courtney are better performers and more likable.

My pick to win would probably be Joshua.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »
I think at this point it is anyone contest to win. I like everyone left and wouldn't mind if any of them one. However, I think Katee may suffer the same fate as well. She is an amazing dancer but I think Chelsie and Courtney are better performers and more likable.

My pick to win would probably be Joshua.

Not if I can help it!  If Katee goes, it won't be because I didn't vote all-out for her!  In fact, I'm voting an hour and a half this coming Wednesday!

Belle Book

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »
I'm happy that Joshua won.   :jumpy:   I always enjoy watching him.  I think Katee is a much better dancer, technically, but as we know it is not voting for the best but for the favorite.  I am glad that they gave her $50,000 for being the top female dancer.  I think she should have come in second and Twitch third.   (JMO)  I think they will all do very well in their profession.  They are coming to my city in October and I would love to see them but I won't be able to    :'(   :'(        Until next season      :waves:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2008, 08:41:29 PM »
I'm very happy Josh won, he deserved it. I don't think Twitch deserved to be top 2 it should have been Katee. And I think the final four would have been even better if Mark and Chelsea had been there instead of Courtney and Twitch.

Loved Bleeding Love it was my favorite performance of the season by my two favorite dancers.

Overall a great finale however I could have done without Mary and Nigel dancing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:03:58 PM by BballKates »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
Katee deserved to be in the final two and not Twitch.  However, there are reasons to explain why she came in third.  She was a female contemporary dancer and although she's different from Sabra, we already had a female contemporary dancer.  Although she had a goofy personality and we saw it in clips, we didn't see it quite as much on stage.  We saw Twitch's personality on stage and off, however.  Also, Katee was memorable for being a great dancer, but also for her ill-fated comment when it was between her and her best friend to see who'd be going to the Top 20.  And finally, Katee started out great and basically stayed there; whereas both Joshua and even Twitch improved on their dancing skills.  If you start at the top, most often there's not much room for improvement.  Ask LaKisha or Melinda from Season 6 of American Idol.

Belle Book

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2008, 10:50:22 PM »
My two favorite dancers didn't make the final so it didn't really matter to me who won. I really would have liked to see Chelsea do a ballroom routine. They should have had her dance with Dmitri instead that would have been amazing.