Author Topic: So you think you can dance?  (Read 33552 times)

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
So you think you can dance?
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »
it is coming in May, I love this show, LOVE it..... i have been a huge fan, anyone else like this?
Having some Spring Fun

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
Re: So you think you can dance?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
Oh, ME ME ME ME!!!  Yes, careybear, I'll be watching!  This is one is a must-watch in the summer.  Glad to hear it's back so soon!

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
I know i was stoked when I heard it was coming back soooo soon
Having some Spring Fun

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 02:52:06 PM »
same here

and Cat Deeley went to the same high schoola as me back in england, she is friends with my sister so I love to support over here  :js:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
 :jumpy: My daughter and I absolutely Love, Love, Love this show.   What would the summer be without it.  And patlini how exciting that you know Cat Deely so you have a personal interest in the show.  I love the way she says "Judges"  Can't wait  :girly

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:57 AM »
 :jumpy: yay me too something to watch in May I love it, great story patlini and thanks for the heads up careybear

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
a month away.. whooo :wohoo:
Having some Spring Fun

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:00:20 AM »
:wohoo:  Me too...a fan of this show!  I love dance shows! :jumpy:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

:girly :nana :pickle: I can't wait   :yess:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 12:58:40 AM »

:jumpy: Did eveyone catch the promo for So you think you can dance during American Idol tonight

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »

:jumpy: The website is up for So You Think You Can Dance.

There are 20 more days until the 2 hour premiere, click on the link below:

http://www.fox.com/dance/

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »
 :jumpy:  we love this show at our house too!

on a side note, the Canadian version auditions are under way now. they will be here in Calgary next Monday, May 12th. I have a daughter planning to try out. we are so stoked.   :yess:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »
:jumpy:  we love this show at our house too!

on a side note, the Canadian version auditions are under way now. they will be here in Calgary next Monday, May 12th. I have a daughter planning to try out. we are so stoked.   :yess:

:-*  hey cinni I know I keep seeing the commercials for it.

Wow good luck I hope your daughter makes it.

I love Calgary one of the cleanest cities I ever saw and just loved Banff that was breathtaking

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
thanks, as her mother, she is the best dancer ever. As a casual observer, well, we can hope to see her in the auditions. I keep telling her to do one of her Hawaiian numbers and at least get on TV. she's not buying and setting up to do a jazz or hip hop type number. drat. I had hoped to have the day off to go with her but the auditors are coming Monday/Tuesday yikes!
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »
thanks, as her mother, she is the best dancer ever. As a casual observer, well, we can hope to see her in the auditions. I keep telling her to do one of her Hawaiian numbers and at least get on TV. she's not buying and setting up to do a jazz or hip hop type number. drat. I had hoped to have the day off to go with her but the auditors are coming Monday/Tuesday yikes!

Oh cinni Good Luck to her I hope she does fantastic.  I have to say I do agree with her on the jazz or hip hop but I'm more towards the jazz because the judges really look for your technique and how much you really know so I hope she does great!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:25 PM »

:jumpy: That is so exciting. Best of luck and please do tell us how it went.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »

Good luck to your DD, cinni!!!  Hope she does well! 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 04:40:57 AM »
Great to hear your daughter is trying out and hope she does great!  Good Luck to her, cinni! :tup:

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »
she has a big show this Sunday, the day before the auditions and she's back pedalling, sigh. chicken. I think it would be so much fun to just try.

but thanks for all your good wishes. I'll tell her that she has to do it for you all.   :jumpy:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:38 PM »
she has a big show this Sunday, the day before the auditions and she's back pedalling, sigh. chicken. I think it would be so much fun to just try.

but thanks for all your good wishes. I'll tell her that she has to do it for you all.   :jumpy:

:jumpy: Absolutely we will be cheering her on  :cheer: :cow :hyper: :pickle: :nana :happy: :dancer: :cheer:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »
Oh, cinni!  I hope she tries!  What's the worst that can happen??  They say no.  But she'll never know if she doesn't try!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »
Oh I hope she tries out we would all be rooting for her even if we aren't there for her!  Just for the experience would be wonderful.  I hope she goes.  Our fingers are crossed!!!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
 :jumpy:  she went   :jumpy:  she just texted me, no ticket  :'(

details pending.

and i just got off the phone with her. today was the freestyle round as it were. they were put into groups of 10 and asked to perform to 30 seconds of music of their choice. she went with two friends and one of them got the call back for tomorrow for the individual performance. of course, he's the one of the 3 that can't return tomorrow.  (:;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:43:53 PM by cinni »

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »

details pending.

and i just got off the phone with her. today was the freestyle round as it were. they were put into groups of 10 and asked to perform to 30 seconds of music of their choice. she went with two friends and one of them got the call back for tomorrow for the individual performance. of course, he's the one of the 3 that can't return tomorrow.  (:;)

I know I am proud of her for trying!  I bet she was so nervous but yet excited!  Give us all the details of how the auditions work, ok.  That must have been hard for her to do, my daughter is a dancer too and I know auditioning would have been hard for her and somewhat intimadating.  And how can her friend not make time to go the next day, that could be the chance of a lifetime for him.  Tell him to slip her the ticket LOL!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »
a bit of a blurb in today's Calgary Herald. sorry, no pictures of my beautiful daughter.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=3b305eac-93f4-42e7-b037-1d671a0dc1f3

i'm guessing she may post her pics on her facebook page. i'll have to look later.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »
a bit of a blurb in today's Calgary Herald. sorry, no pictures of my beautiful daughter.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=3b305eac-93f4-42e7-b037-1d671a0dc1f3

i'm guessing she may post her pics on her facebook page. i'll have to look later.

Thank you for the article cinni!   :angel:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »

details pending.

:tup: Good job to her for trying out. What an experience that must have been.

We will all be here next season she shouldn't give up and try try and try again  :hugs:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »
cinni, tell your daughter congratulations anyway!!  It takes a ton of courage to put yourself out there like that.  She should be proud that she tried!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 10:12:36 AM »

Any fans in the LA area if your free on Monday May 19th at 3:00pm.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

:jumpy: The 2 hour season premiere is tomorrow  :wohoo:

I loved all the commercials they have been showing all week. The dancers looked amazing.

I must say for the entertainment effect Mary Murphy is my fav judge, she is hilarious.

But my fav dance has to be contemporary, it's just so beautiful to watch.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »

:jumpy: The 2 hour season premiere is tomorrow  :wohoo:

I loved all the commercials they have been showing all week. The dancers looked amazing.

I must say for the entertainment effect Mary Murphy is my fav judge, she is hilarious.

I love contemporary, too I love lyrical and Jazz, but my least favorite and I'm sorry is Hip Hop!!  As a mother of a dancer and sitting through numerous dance concerts I find that when I see one hip hop dance I've seen them all it seems very repititous to me (love the songs but dread the same ole stuff). 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »

I love contemporary, too I love lyrical and Jazz,

Bring on MIA MICHAELS!!!! 

Looking at the web site, they're only listing 5 choreographers.  Does that mean those are the only ones they're going to use the whole season????  I will cry if Wade Robson doesn't come back!!!  His zombie dance was amazing!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

Looking at the web site, they're only listing 5 choreographers.  Does that mean those are the only ones they're going to use the whole season????  I will cry if Wade Robson doesn't come back!!!  His zombie dance was amazing!

Mia is amazing I looked up her bio wow she is involved with a lot of things.

I also noticed there were some new judges and I must admit upset me because I thought our old fav's did a great job

But maybe they are just busy with other things, but yea it's a disappointment.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »

I also noticed there were some new judges and I must admit upset me because I thought our old fav's did a great job

I loved the guy from Hairspray when he judged!  He was honest, but in a very supportive way.  (Except his comment about Danny being arrogant, but in that case, I gave him a pass because he really said what I had been thinking all along.)

By the way, anybody notice that the top 10 from last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the American Idol finale tonight?!!!!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:04 AM »

I loved the guy from Hairspray when he judged!  He was honest, but in a very supportive way.  (Except his comment about Danny being arrogant, but in that case, I gave him a pass because he really said what I had been thinking all along.)

By the way, anybody notice that the top 10 from last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the American Idol finale tonight?!!!!

No but I recorded it (I hope) and i'll check it out.  Can't wait for tomorrow night!  My daughter works so I'm not going to say anything so she's not disappointed and she might call in sick  :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 02:06:15 AM »
Hmmm...I didn't notice last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the AI finale tonight!!  I just rewatched it & found that I missed Ryan's announcement they would be dancing. 
At the time, I wondered who the extras were!  Thanks for telling us, vanillalatte. :)

Wow, I can't believe SYTYCD starts tonight!  Bring it on! 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »
Hmmm...I didn't notice last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the AI finale tonight!!  I just rewatched it & found that I missed Ryan's announcement they would be dancing. 
At the time, I wondered who the extras were!  Thanks for telling us, vanillalatte. :)

Wow, I can't believe SYTYCD starts tonight!  Bring it on! 

Yeah, I recognized Lauren first, then caught Danny, Lacey, Sarah, Hok and Dominic.  Later in the show, there was a hip hop number where I saw Dominic, Hok and Sarah back, but some of the dancers I didn't recognize. 

YAY!!!!  Tonight's the night!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »

:popcorn:  2-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE, Day 1**"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"(8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC

THE ORIGINAL DANCE COMPETITION SHOW IS BACK! "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" BOOGIES DOWN WITH A TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE THURSDAY, MAY 22, ON FOX

The Emmy Award-winning SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE is back for an all-new season! It's time to pop, lock and drop in to the hottest original dance show featuring new contestants and the best and worst of auditions. See what happens when dancers skilled in everything from Ballroom and Ballet to Salsa, Jive, Hip-Hop and Krumping all compete to be named the best. In Season Four, producer travel across the country to Dallas; Charleston; Salt Lake City; Washington, DC; Los Angeles; and Milwaukee in search of dancers who represent the rhythm of America. Don't miss the auditions that everyone will be talking about the next day. See who struts into the producers' hearts and who trips up on the season premiere of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
So, what did everyone think of night 1 which included the LA auditions????

My favorites of the night...

• The Asian couple who did the cha cha.  The girl was especially adorable!
  • The soccer player girl.  Yeah, Dominic was completely smitten with her.
  • That last guy with his contortion/popping routine.  He was amazing, but I'm afraid he's going to end up like Cedric.  If he is unable to pick up other styles in Vegas week, I doubt the PTB will make the same mistake twice.  He won't make it through on "Dancing for his life" alone. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »

• That last guy with his contortion/popping routine.  He was amazing, but I'm afraid he's going to end up like Cedric.  If he is unable to pick up other styles in Vegas week, I doubt the PTB will make the same mistake twice.  He won't make it through on "Dancing for his life" alone. 

Oh I so don't like seeing when they show us those bad dancers and that David aka sex  :groan:

I ended up not watching the last half hour and tuned into RFF radio  :angel:

Mia is the best but Mary was hilarious, you can't help but laugh just listening to her.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »

I loved the Asian couple who did the cha-cha, especially the girl!  I also loved the first girl who auditioned.  And I felt really sorry for the girl who was visually impaired and tried out, but just couldn't cut the mustard.  I also liked the guy with his contortion/popping routine, but I agree with you -- without any real training he's not going to get very far -- especially after Cedric last year!

When I learned the guy who called himself "Sex" was back, I thought "Oh no, not again!"  I really think he's from outer space!  He's either from Planet Fruitcake or Planet Fruit Loop or Planet Just Plain Nuts!   :funny:

As for the judge who choreographed Hairspray and his comment about Danny being arrogant, I think the truth is that he was more guarded than truly arrogant, though Danny probably had a few arrogant moments peppered into the guarded behavior.  Remember he had a tough childhood before being adopted so Danny probably built up some walls and that came off as arrogance.

Belle Book

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
Since I didn't tape the show like usual and don't remember names very well...uh...

I liked the Asian couple and think they'll go far.  Also liked the first gal.  And, I loved that REALLY double, triple, or quadruple jointed guy!!  As a dancer, I agree w/ the judges, he probably won't make it, esp when partnered.  But just the fact that he's sooo unusual may take him where his bi/tri or whatever jointedness he has can really entertain.  Hmmm...a circus?  Yes, but he's far beyond that.  I'm not sure.  Maybe like Nigel said...Commercials?

Overall, the show was Fantastic!  Loved it, except for that Sex guy.  Hope he's not there next year! :groan: 
There was another couple I liked.  Names?  ??? 

Hope to tape the show from now on to jog my memory. 

Oh nooo...just thought of something.  I think this dance show AND The Mole will air on Monday night, same time...starting June 2!  The Mole will be my priority since I need to rewatch to figure out who the Mole is!! 
So, watch Dance, tape Mole. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
Oh nooo...just thought of something.  I think this dance show AND The Mole will air on Monday night, same time...starting June 2!  The Mole will be my priority since I need to rewatch to figure out who the Mole is!! 
So, watch Dance, tape Mole. 

:-* You should be good RudyRules it looks like Monday's show is a repeat only incase anyone missed the premiere episode.

Enclosed is the schedule for So You think You Can Dance:

5/22/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-401/402) Season Premiere, Part 1

5/26/08 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-401/402) Season Premiere, Part 1 (R)

5/28/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-403/404) Season Premiere, Part 2

5/29/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-405/406) Auditions Episode

6/4/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-407/408) Auditions Episode

6/5/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-409/410) Las Vegas Round

6/11/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-411/412) Top 20 Perform

6/12/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-411A/412A) 2 of 20 Voted Off Live

6/18/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 18 Perform

6/19/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 18 Voted Off

6/25/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 16 Perform

6/26/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 16 Voted Off

7/2/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 14 Perform

7/3/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 14 Voted Off

7/9/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 12 Perform

7/10/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 12 Voted Off

7/16/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 10 Perform

7/17/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 10 Voted Off

7/23/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 8 Perform

7/24/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 8 Voted Off

7/30/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 6 Perform

7/31/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 6 Voted Off

8/6/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 4 Perform

8/7/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Winner Announced

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
WOW thank you ca bb I've got quite a bit of planning to do around those episodes.  I'm like the rest of you Sex has got to go!  And you all know what I mean  :funny:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 03:47:59 AM »
:kuss:  Whew, ca bb fan!  Thank you so much for the schedule! :hugs:
I am verrry relieved that there's no time conflict for these two great shows!! :jumpy: 
Me happy! :) 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
:kuss:  Whew, ca bb fan!  Thank you so much for the schedule! :hugs:
I am verrry relieved that there's no time conflict for these two great shows!! :jumpy: 
Me happy! :) 

:whew Me too, I'm glad you brought that up RudyRules.

I didn't realize the show would be on Wednesday's at 8:00pm and Thursday's at 9:00pm.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
Yes, after the Top 20 are revealed, the show's on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.   Also, I've found out that the performances that we see on Wednesday nights are actually taped.  They tape the performances on Monday nights (I think), probably to get more than one shot and because it's harder to show dancing performances live than it is to show singing ones.

Belle Book

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
I totally forgot about David/Sex because we the premiere with about a 20 minute delay on the DVR.  I FF'd through him as soon as I saw his face!  Just couldn't deal with him again.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »
Yes, after the Top 20 are revealed, the show's on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.   Also, I've found out that the performances that we see on Wednesday nights are actually taped.  They tape the performances on Monday nights (I think), probably to get more than one shot and because it's harder to show dancing performances live than it is to show singing ones.
Belle Book

:tup: That's right Belle Book it's on at 8:00pm and starting June 12th it will be on at 9:00pm, Thursday's only.

I will have to watch the repeat show tonight seeing I missed the last half hour last week  :angel:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:21:05 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »
Yes, after the Top 20 are revealed, the show's on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.   Also, I've found out that the performances that we see on Wednesday nights are actually taped.  They tape the performances on Monday nights (I think), probably to get more than one shot and because it's harder to show dancing performances live than it is to show singing ones.
Belle Book

:tup: That's right Belle Book it's on at 8:00pm and starting June 12th it will be on at 9:00pm, Thursday's only.

I will have to watch the repeat show tonight seeing I missed the last half hour last week  :angel:
Just want to get the time zone straight!!  You gals are meaning 9pm EDT and 8pm CDT, right?  (So I'll get it at 7pm MDT). 

On Thurs June 12, it airs at 9pm EDT. 

Since RFF's clock is set for Eastern time, I think we need to go by that in our posts, then everyone can more easily figure out the time for their own zone! :tup:
:ty3: 
Rudaaaaaay  :dancer: :hfive:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
Just want to get the time zone straight!!  You gals are meaning 9pm EDT and 8pm CDT, right?  (So I'll get it at 7pm MDT). 

On Thurs June 12, it airs at 9pm EDT. 

Since RFF's clock is set for Eastern time, I think we need to go by that in our posts, then everyone can more easily figure out the time for their own zone! :tup:
:ty3: 
Rudaaaaaay  :dancer: :hfive:

Please read the posts in this thread as already stated in my post # 37 that indicates "8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC"

repeating this information has become redundant and I don't think it's needs to readdressed again.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:50:55 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »
Yeah, I most definitely check my TVGuide and knew when it airs here. 

I was just saying the time ZONE should always be included here, not just a time.  And, it would be a good idea to use ET here since RFF's clock is set for that zone!  :-*   

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
Yeah, I most definitely check my TVGuide and knew when it airs here. 

I was just saying the time ZONE should always be included here, not just a time.  And, it would be a good idea to use ET here since RFF's clock is set for that zone!  :-*  

:lol: RudyRules if I'm not mistaken you initially were concerned that the dates of Dancing With The Stars that it might interfer with The Mole so in order to help I supplied a schedule to confirm the dates only. It was not an issue of time when I posted that. Frankly I was a little surprised that you now requested confirmation of the time but looking back at an earlier post I thought you had seen the premiere episode and were able to establish the time with your own time zone. I apologize for any confusion I had with my posts.

Offline neoknows

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
I want to know - where's the new talent on this show?! It seems like it's just a rehashing of old people who failed to make it on previous seasons. Bring on the new people tonight.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »
I want to know - where's the new talent on this show?! It seems like it's just a rehashing of old people who failed to make it on previous seasons. Bring on the new people tonight.

I know how you feel about the auditions

I personally start faithfully watching once they reach the Top 20 it's when the competition begins

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »

Oh wow the one guy Brandon Bryant that had initially tried out when he was 15 too young then and had to come back.

Anyways wow that was amazing and I'm with Mary when she said he was a pleasure to watch, just incredible.

I can see him the winner of this season  :tup:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:57:00 AM by ca bb fan »

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »
Great show tonight! Did anyone watch?

I really loved Josh and Katee's hip-hop routine and Chelsea and Mark's contemporary routine. Most of of the couples were really great. Oh gosh and I think my favorite pairing is Kherington (such a cool name) and Twitch.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »

Oh wow the one guy Brandon Bryant that had initially tried out when he was 15 too young then and had to come back.

Anyways wow that was amazing and I'm with Mary when she said he was a pleasure to watch, just incredible.

I only saw part of the show when they picked the top 20.  Did the judges say why Brandon didn't make it?   I remember his story about trying out when he was 15 ...... am I confusing him with someone else ..... is he the very muscular dancer that danced in really tiny shorts?  Thanks .... I wished I had recorded the tryouts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »

I only saw part of the show when they picked the top 20.  Did the judges say why Brandon didn't make it?   I remember his story about trying out when he was 15 ...... am I confusing him with someone else ..... is he the very muscular dancer that danced in really tiny shorts?  Thanks .... I wished I had recorded the tryouts.

:ascared I have no idea pledge so sorry I haven't been watching since then.

But wow I'm surprised, I do wonder why he did so bad

I will make an effort to watch tonight, the top 20 must be really good  :popcorn:

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »
Thanks     My son and I were curious.  The show was good last night.  Curious to see who will go home.  I will probably peek as it won't be on here for another 3 hours.     : ) 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 08:02:28 PM »
Thanks     My son and I were curious.  The show was good last night.  Curious to see who will go home.  I will probably peek as it won't be on here for another 3 hours.     : ) 

It's starting now for me I can't believe I don't even know who the top 20 are,  :groan: I'm so behind

:funny: Don't miss the very beginning it's sooooo funny and good  :hugs:

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
I am in love with this show, I love it.. Very good dancers
Having some Spring Fun

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:58 AM »

I really loved Josh and Katee's hip-hop routine and Chelsea and Mark's contemporary routine. Most of of the couples were really great. Oh gosh and I think my favorite pairing is Kherington (such a cool name) and Twitch.
Hey BballKates, nice to cya! 
Yeah, I've been watching and enjoying it sooo much!  This is the best season, IMO.  :tup:
My favorite pair is also Kherington/Twitch!  :yess:  I've been voting for them and Chelsie/Mark...via Dial Idol. 

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »

Hey BballKates, nice to cya! 
Yeah, I've been watching and enjoying it sooo much!  This is the best season, IMO.  :tup:
My favorite pair is also Kherington/Twitch!  :yess:  I've been voting for them and Chelsie/Mark...via Dial Idol. 

Those are easily my favorite two couples. Interestingly enough they are both doing hip-hop this week. I'm excited to see how they do, we know Twitch will kill it.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 01:45:52 AM »
Thanks for letting us know they're doing hip-hop, BBKate.  :tup:
I bet Abc.com posts the list of dances each week, right?  I would go look, but ABC is such a sloooo loading site.  

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2008, 08:44:27 AM »
Thanks for letting us know they're doing hip-hop, BBKate.  :tup:
I bet Abc.com posts the list of dances each week, right?  I would go look, but ABC is such a sloooo loading site.  

The show is on FOX. I get the spoilers from a tv blog.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2008, 09:57:57 PM »
Some awesome performances tonight:

Twitch and Kherington
Courtney and Gev
Mark and Chelsie-- Probably my favorite routine this season, not to mention Chelsie absolutely killed it!
Katee and Josh

I also really liked Kourtni and Matt.

My prediction is bye bye Chris and Comfort.

Overall a strong show.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2008, 10:35:07 AM »
Love this show!  :hearts: :hearts:

Katee and Josh
Kherington and Twitch
Chelsea and Mark

Best three couples throw Will and Courtney and I think you have the top 8 dancers.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2008, 11:01:51 AM »
My prediction to be eliminated tonight are Kourtni and Thayne. Then Comfort will have to partner with Matt.

As for my favorites, I'm torn between Mark and Matt. I do like Kherington as well.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2008, 11:06:14 AM »
I think Kourtni and Matt are gone. They are amazing in their own style but out of all the couples they are not improving at all. And I don't think it is fair to see mediocre routines week after week while other partners and people are improving each week.

I was surprised by Comfort and Thayne and I think they deserve to stay based on their performance. They had 2 good performances while Matt and Kourtni's performances were just terrible.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »
My prediction probably will be wrong and I have a feeling we will be in for a shocking elimination tonight for some reason.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2008, 11:20:47 AM »
My prediction probably will be wrong and I have a feeling we will be in for a shocking elimination tonight for some reason.

As long as it's not Kherington and Twitch or Mark and Chelsea, then I'm fine.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »

You meant Chelsie, since Chelsea was eliminated last week with Chris.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »
Kourtni and Matt are gone!

Down to 12

Comfort/Thayne
Kherington/Twitch
Courtney/Gev
Jessica/Will
Katee/Joshua
Chelsie/Mark

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »

You meant Chelsie, since Chelsea was eliminated last week with Chris.

Too many people with the same name!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »
Well, at least we have only one Courtney and one Chelsie left -- the other two with the same name (but different spelling) are gone.

I'm not too surprised that Kourtni & Matt are gone.  I predicted Matt's departure and I was probably thinking Kourtni would go if Jessica wasn't in the bottom three.

My favorite couple is Katee & Joshua.  I learned Katee is part Asian American (her mother's Japanese) and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, so once we get down to the top 10, I'm going to be voting just for her!

Belle Book

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2008, 02:35:16 AM »
Love this show!  :hearts: :hearts:

Katee and Josh
Kherington and Twitch
Chelsea and Mark

Best three couples throw Will and Courtney and I think you have the top 8 dancers.
:ythat:   :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: 
My favorite show this summer...of the very few I'm watching.

One of those couples will be in the finals.  I've been voting for Kherington & Twitch & Chelsie & Mark, but like Katee & Josh also. 
This is the greatest season evah!  :jumpy:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »
I'm not sure if it is as good as last season overall. But those three couples above and Will are amazing dancers!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2008, 08:13:03 AM »
Based on their performances last night, it's a no-brainer of who will be leaving tonight.....

Comfort and Thayne are gone!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2008, 02:09:48 AM »
Bottom 3 Couples:

Comfort/Thayne
Jessica/Will
Kherington/Twitch

Eliminated:

Comfort/Thayne

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »
Now I think we have the best dancers left. I feel bad for the guy that ends up with Jessica. I would love to see Will with Chelsie or Kherington. I have to say I really like the couples we have now hopefully Jessica goes soon.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »
Jessica probably will go soon -- like next Thursday.

Belle Book

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
Jessica probably will go soon -- like next Thursday.

Belle Book

Jessica is gone! Apparently she got hurt and Comfort has been brought back according to an interview with Nigel. Also Courtney and Josh have been paired up he let that slip.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
The bottom four this week were:   Kherington and Comfort
                                                       Mark and Gev

Kherington went home     :'(        IMO    Kherington is a much better all around dancer than Comfort.
I really wish they would have had Comfort dance just to fill Jessica's spot and then that spot would have been eliminated.  Then Jessica and Comfort would be gone and Kherington would be there for one more week.     :jumpy:

Gev also went home.   

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2008, 03:13:29 PM »
The bottom four this week were:   Kherington and Comfort
                                                       Mark and Gev

Kherington went home     :'(        IMO    Kherington is a much better all around dancer than Comfort.
I really wish they would have had Comfort dance just to fill Jessica's spot and then that spot would have been eliminated.  Then Jessica and Comfort would be gone and Kherington would be there for one more week.     :jumpy:

Gev also went home.  
:ythat: pledge, I couldn't have said it any better!  I'm so sad that Kherington is gone.  :'( :'(  It totally shocked me that Comfort didn't get the boot. ???  I really thought she would be gone. Yeah, she finally stepped up to the plate as Nigel says, but she was lacking OVERALL in most of her performances.  Her solos were always samo-samo...no variety.  I give her credit for doing great after returning, but that shouldn't have been the main reason for keeping her.  America, bzzzt...you goofed. I'm really sad that I didn't cast my votes for Kheri, in addition to Chelsie OR, voted ONLY for Kherington.  But I thought she was safe.  Just can't take anything for granted w/ these shows!! :groan: 

I figured Gev would go, no shocker there.  I like him though...but think Mark is the best of those two guys.

It's great that after the finalists leave, they can still go on Tour and get even further instruction to promote their abilities and give them a very good chance for their future career. 

I love this show!!  :hearts: :jumpy: :yess:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
The bottom four this week were:   Kherington and Comfort
                                                       Mark and Gev

Kherington went home     :'(        IMO    Kherington is a much better all around dancer than Comfort.
I really wish they would have had Comfort dance just to fill Jessica's spot and then that spot would have been eliminated.  Then Jessica and Comfort would be gone and Kherington would be there for one more week.     :jumpy:

Gev also went home.   

Yes, Kherington is an overall better dancer than Comfort is.  However, Kherington had two bad partnered dances this week and Comfort had just one (albeit her great dance was in her own genre).  Worse, she had a bad dance the week before.  Also, I think there were people who didn't want to have Comfort come back in only to go out the following week.  Moreover, Kherington is one of three contemporary dancers and Comfort is a hip-hop dancer.  Comfort stands out more than Kherington.

I was really sad when I learned that Jessica had to drop out because of an injury.  Rotten luck for her.  But hopefully she'll get to go on tour, even if it's only as an alternate.

Belle Book

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
I was really sad when I learned that Jessica had to drop out because of an injury.  Rotten luck for her.  But hopefully she'll get to go on tour, even if it's only as an alternate.

Belle Book

Yes, me too, sad about Jessica having to drop out.  I hope she will be well in time for the Tour. :tup:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2008, 07:59:08 PM »
Now I think we are slowly starting to widdle down the numbers and get to the best dancers.

The best dancers easily are Chelsea, Katee, Josh and Will. That should be the top 4.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »
Now I think we are slowly starting to widdle down the numbers and get to the best dancers.

The best dancers easily are Chelsea, Katee, Josh and Will. That should be the top 4.

I completely agree with you.  I hope they are but with "Joe America" voting .......who knows    :duno:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »
Unfortunately, "Joe America" didn't entirely agree with you guys -- or me, for that matter.  They chose Mark (and Twitch) over Will.  The problem is that this isn't a search for America's Best Dancer, it's a search for America's Favorite Dancer.  And that's where Will fell short.  Will is an excellent dancer, but he's had some problems with performance (partly due to getting a partner who may have been dancing while injured).  Also, while Mark and Will are both contemporary dancers, I think Mark was a little more unique than Will.  This (and the fact that Mark's from Hawaii) probably explains why Mark got a bigger fan base than Will.  But the bigger problems were that the judges were pimping Will, while Mark was savaged when he was partnered with Kherington (and may have been criticized before that, too).  And then Mark was one of the Bottom 2 guys.  After that, I think his fan base went all-out for him, while Will's fan base may have gotten complacent with all the praise he got for his two routines with Courtney (although I thought one of them wasn't so good).  So Will is gone.  Although I didn't think he'd win, I didn't think he'd go home this early either!

Belle Book

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »
I think at this point it is anyone contest to win. I like everyone left and wouldn't mind if any of them one. However, I think Katee may suffer the same fate as well. She is an amazing dancer but I think Chelsie and Courtney are better performers and more likable.

My pick to win would probably be Joshua.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2008, 05:53:30 PM »
I think at this point it is anyone contest to win. I like everyone left and wouldn't mind if any of them one. However, I think Katee may suffer the same fate as well. She is an amazing dancer but I think Chelsie and Courtney are better performers and more likable.

My pick to win would probably be Joshua.

Not if I can help it!  If Katee goes, it won't be because I didn't vote all-out for her!  In fact, I'm voting an hour and a half this coming Wednesday!

Belle Book

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2008, 11:53:51 AM »
I'm happy that Joshua won.   :jumpy:   I always enjoy watching him.  I think Katee is a much better dancer, technically, but as we know it is not voting for the best but for the favorite.  I am glad that they gave her $50,000 for being the top female dancer.  I think she should have come in second and Twitch third.   (JMO)  I think they will all do very well in their profession.  They are coming to my city in October and I would love to see them but I won't be able to    :'(   :'(        Until next season      :waves:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2008, 08:41:29 PM »
I'm very happy Josh won, he deserved it. I don't think Twitch deserved to be top 2 it should have been Katee. And I think the final four would have been even better if Mark and Chelsea had been there instead of Courtney and Twitch.

Loved Bleeding Love it was my favorite performance of the season by my two favorite dancers.

Overall a great finale however I could have done without Mary and Nigel dancing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:03:58 PM by BballKates »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
Katee deserved to be in the final two and not Twitch.  However, there are reasons to explain why she came in third.  She was a female contemporary dancer and although she's different from Sabra, we already had a female contemporary dancer.  Although she had a goofy personality and we saw it in clips, we didn't see it quite as much on stage.  We saw Twitch's personality on stage and off, however.  Also, Katee was memorable for being a great dancer, but also for her ill-fated comment when it was between her and her best friend to see who'd be going to the Top 20.  And finally, Katee started out great and basically stayed there; whereas both Joshua and even Twitch improved on their dancing skills.  If you start at the top, most often there's not much room for improvement.  Ask LaKisha or Melinda from Season 6 of American Idol.

Belle Book

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2008, 10:50:22 PM »
My two favorite dancers didn't make the final so it didn't really matter to me who won. I really would have liked to see Chelsea do a ballroom routine. They should have had her dance with Dmitri instead that would have been amazing.