Author Topic: So you think you can dance?  (Read 33631 times)

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
So you think you can dance?
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »
it is coming in May, I love this show, LOVE it..... i have been a huge fan, anyone else like this?
Having some Spring Fun

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
Re: So you think you can dance?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
Oh, ME ME ME ME!!!  Yes, careybear, I'll be watching!  This is one is a must-watch in the summer.  Glad to hear it's back so soon!

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
I know i was stoked when I heard it was coming back soooo soon
Having some Spring Fun

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 02:52:06 PM »
same here

and Cat Deeley went to the same high schoola as me back in england, she is friends with my sister so I love to support over here  :js:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
 :jumpy: My daughter and I absolutely Love, Love, Love this show.   What would the summer be without it.  And patlini how exciting that you know Cat Deely so you have a personal interest in the show.  I love the way she says "Judges"  Can't wait  :girly

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:57 AM »
 :jumpy: yay me too something to watch in May I love it, great story patlini and thanks for the heads up careybear

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
a month away.. whooo :wohoo:
Having some Spring Fun

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:00:20 AM »
:wohoo:  Me too...a fan of this show!  I love dance shows! :jumpy:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

:girly :nana :pickle: I can't wait   :yess:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 12:58:40 AM »

:jumpy: Did eveyone catch the promo for So you think you can dance during American Idol tonight

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »

:jumpy: The website is up for So You Think You Can Dance.

There are 20 more days until the 2 hour premiere, click on the link below:

http://www.fox.com/dance/

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »
 :jumpy:  we love this show at our house too!

on a side note, the Canadian version auditions are under way now. they will be here in Calgary next Monday, May 12th. I have a daughter planning to try out. we are so stoked.   :yess:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »
:jumpy:  we love this show at our house too!

on a side note, the Canadian version auditions are under way now. they will be here in Calgary next Monday, May 12th. I have a daughter planning to try out. we are so stoked.   :yess:

:-*  hey cinni I know I keep seeing the commercials for it.

Wow good luck I hope your daughter makes it.

I love Calgary one of the cleanest cities I ever saw and just loved Banff that was breathtaking

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »
thanks, as her mother, she is the best dancer ever. As a casual observer, well, we can hope to see her in the auditions. I keep telling her to do one of her Hawaiian numbers and at least get on TV. she's not buying and setting up to do a jazz or hip hop type number. drat. I had hoped to have the day off to go with her but the auditors are coming Monday/Tuesday yikes!
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »
thanks, as her mother, she is the best dancer ever. As a casual observer, well, we can hope to see her in the auditions. I keep telling her to do one of her Hawaiian numbers and at least get on TV. she's not buying and setting up to do a jazz or hip hop type number. drat. I had hoped to have the day off to go with her but the auditors are coming Monday/Tuesday yikes!

Oh cinni Good Luck to her I hope she does fantastic.  I have to say I do agree with her on the jazz or hip hop but I'm more towards the jazz because the judges really look for your technique and how much you really know so I hope she does great!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:25 PM »

:jumpy: That is so exciting. Best of luck and please do tell us how it went.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »

Good luck to your DD, cinni!!!  Hope she does well! 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 04:40:57 AM »
Great to hear your daughter is trying out and hope she does great!  Good Luck to her, cinni! :tup:

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »
she has a big show this Sunday, the day before the auditions and she's back pedalling, sigh. chicken. I think it would be so much fun to just try.

but thanks for all your good wishes. I'll tell her that she has to do it for you all.   :jumpy:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:38 PM »
she has a big show this Sunday, the day before the auditions and she's back pedalling, sigh. chicken. I think it would be so much fun to just try.

but thanks for all your good wishes. I'll tell her that she has to do it for you all.   :jumpy:

:jumpy: Absolutely we will be cheering her on  :cheer: :cow :hyper: :pickle: :nana :happy: :dancer: :cheer:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »
Oh, cinni!  I hope she tries!  What's the worst that can happen??  They say no.  But she'll never know if she doesn't try!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »
Oh I hope she tries out we would all be rooting for her even if we aren't there for her!  Just for the experience would be wonderful.  I hope she goes.  Our fingers are crossed!!!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
 :jumpy:  she went   :jumpy:  she just texted me, no ticket  :'(

details pending.

and i just got off the phone with her. today was the freestyle round as it were. they were put into groups of 10 and asked to perform to 30 seconds of music of their choice. she went with two friends and one of them got the call back for tomorrow for the individual performance. of course, he's the one of the 3 that can't return tomorrow.  (:;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:43:53 PM by cinni »

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
:jumpy:  she went   :jumpy:  she just texted me, no ticket  :'(

details pending.

and i just got off the phone with her. today was the freestyle round as it were. they were put into groups of 10 and asked to perform to 30 seconds of music of their choice. she went with two friends and one of them got the call back for tomorrow for the individual performance. of course, he's the one of the 3 that can't return tomorrow.  (:;)

I know I am proud of her for trying!  I bet she was so nervous but yet excited!  Give us all the details of how the auditions work, ok.  That must have been hard for her to do, my daughter is a dancer too and I know auditioning would have been hard for her and somewhat intimadating.  And how can her friend not make time to go the next day, that could be the chance of a lifetime for him.  Tell him to slip her the ticket LOL!

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »
a bit of a blurb in today's Calgary Herald. sorry, no pictures of my beautiful daughter.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=3b305eac-93f4-42e7-b037-1d671a0dc1f3

i'm guessing she may post her pics on her facebook page. i'll have to look later.