Author Topic: TAR: more versions from around the world  (Read 27854 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR: more versions from around the world
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
OK. I know this is soooooo late, but I just found this thread, and wanted to share something without you.

You posted (LOOOOOOOOOONG AGO) about a Spanish reality called La vuelta al mundo en 80 días, that is "Around the Globe within 80 days" or something like that. I have to say that noone bet for it in Spain, and it became the biggest disappointment to Reality (Road) Programmes Fans. It was supposed to be a kind of Amazing race, but much different. Teams were sent, for example, to Italy for a week. On Tuesday, they had a gymkhana in Venice, on Thursday they completed another one in Firenze and on Saturday, it was held in Rome, for example. Then, in a LIVE show hosted from Madrid, Spain, they connected LOOOOOTS of times with the place they were. That became in a complete disaster, because it slowed things down so much... Then, the team who took the most time overall, was "marled for elimination". Then, after some other tasks, two more teams were also "marked for elimination". Then, PEOPLE HAD TO VOTE! That was AWFUL! So, you could win the "race" just by being nice to people watching you and just win the last week's tasks. That was a complete horrible programme which wanted to be a **** and became the biggest one ever done!!

I also have to say that, if you have any Spanish questions or whatever, you can ask me for translate and I'll be glad to help you.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »
I was watching the History Channel and found a reality with a similar concept. It's called Historia Extrema (Extreme History). It's a reality in which three teams have to re-create a very important feat in Chile's History. They have to cross the Andes like San Martin's Army. Each day they face a different challenge based on historical events form the battle and tasks to test their survival skills and how would they perform had they taken part in the battle. The three teams are made up of Latin Americans from different countries. It mixes elements of Survivor, TAR and a dash of History. Looks promising.

Here's the link in Spanish:
http://www.tuhistory.com/py/series/historia-extrema.html
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2010, 04:04:48 AM »
Amazing Race, Argentine-style

This couple, laden with enormous backpack, burst into the flea market screaming, "Does anyone know where the...(something, I couldn't make it out) is? We need the (blah blah blah)!" At first I thought they were nuts, but then this guy at one of the stalls produced this envelope that they needed. And THEN we saw the camera crews. I think they may have restaged the handing over of the envelope.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/celestemarie/4250438282/

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:47 AM »
Amazing Race, Argentine-style

This couple, laden with enormous backpack, burst into the flea market screaming, "Does anyone know where the...(something, I couldn't make it out) is? We need the (blah blah blah)!" At first I thought they were nuts, but then this guy at one of the stalls produced this envelope that they needed. And THEN we saw the camera crews. I think they may have restaged the handing over of the envelope.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/celestemarie/4250438282/

Could be TARLA 2 or Amazing Race 16.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:12:54 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
TARLA2 is still taking applications.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 05:58:55 AM »

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
There was this Finnish show called Reitti 44 (Route 44) that was advertised as Finnish version of The Amazing Race. The show was big flop because in the end it wasn't Finnish version of The Amazing Race. It was more like mixture of the Amazing Race and Peking Express.

In Route 44 eight Finnish persons traveled around the world by solving clues. The route around the world was unknown to the contestants and took them to eleven different countries and five different continents. The clues that helped the contestants to go further could've been anywhere and anything. Clues that were solved incorrectly led contestants to very odd places. Contestants had amazing challenges, they had chance to get to know the world better and they tried to bear each other during the trip. In the final episode contestants competed against each other in a quiz. Questions were about their trip and the contestant who gave most right answers won. And the winner was Henri who won 30 000 euros. Countries visited during the trip included Norway, India, Indonesia, Mexico, USA, Tanzania, Australia, Argentina, South Africa, Hong Kong and Japan.

Opening intro: http://www.fremantlemedia.fi/index.php?p=ohjelmat&id=38
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:18:43 PM by inomu »