Author Topic: Project Runway Season 6  (Read 9638 times)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Project Runway Season 6
« on: April 07, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »
Thanks to E! News

Project Runway Shocker
By Joal Ryan
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 01:11:47 PM PDT

No one said the fashion world was boring.

In a major TV shakeup, Project Runway will say auf Wiedersehen to Bravo and jump to cable rival Lifetime, it was announced Monday.

NBC Universal, which owns Bravo, responded swiftly to the defection with a lawsuit, according to Lifetime and Project Runway producer the Weinstein Company. The suit was noted, if buried, in Lifetime's own press release trumpeting its programming coup.

A publicist for Project Runway did not immediately return a call seeking comment. In a statement, a spokesman for the Weinstein Company called NBC's lawsuit "without merit."

As announced, Project Runway will strut on over to Lifetime in November for the launch of its sixth season. Heidi Klum will continue as host; Tim Gunn will continue as mentor to the designers. Deals with judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia haven't been closed yet, a Lifetime spokesman said.

The fifth season of Project Runway ended last month with the victory of the fierce-minded Christian Siriano. The series put together its highest-ever ratings, averaging 3.8 million viewers.

Just last week, the series was tapped for the prestigious Peabody Award.

Breaking news. More to come.

:jumpy: :yess: It's coming back but we have to wait until NOVEMBER  :pull

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Re: Project Runway Season 6
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »
And more breaking news from E! News Online:

Nina Garcia Out at Elle?

One day Nina Garcia was in, but now she's supposedly out. 

Insiders are saying the Project Runway judge has parted ways with Elle magazine, where she has served as fashion director since 2000, Women's Wear Daily's website reported Friday.

Garcia was said to be in her Manhattan office on Friday morning but was noticeably absent from a dinner Elle cohosted Tuesday with fashion house Moschino to celebrate Simon Doonan's new book, Eccentric Glamour: Creating an Insanely More Fashionable You.

Neither Garcia nor anyone from Elle has yet commented on the possible shakeup.

The news comes just a few days after the Weinstein Company., which produces Project Runway, announced the Peabody Award-winning Bravo series would be moving to Lifetime, a surprise move that brought the wrath of NBC Universal's legal department down upon the Weinstein brothers' heads seemingly overnight.

In the breach-of-contract lawsuit it filed Monday, Bravo's parent company called the Weinsteins' five-year deal with Lifetime an "invalid agreement" and accused the producers of engaging in "sham negotiations."

Host Heidi Klum and the guy who makes it work, Tim Gunn, are already onboard with the network swap, which is set to occur after Project Runway's upcoming fifth season. 

While Lifetime execs have professed hope that Garcia and fellow finicky fashionista Michael Kors, neither have whom have signed on for more seasons yet, will both accompany the show to its new home, it's unclear whether Garcia's reported break with Elle would affect future deals.

The Colombian-born style maven took maternity last spring while awaiting the birth of her first child with hubby David Conrod and started penning a new column, "Fashionina," for the glossy monthly upon her return.

Garcia is author of The Little Black Book of Style, which hit shelves in September. She is also slated to appear on Ugly Betty next month along with the fiercest Runway winner to date, Christian Siriano.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »
WHOA! Big changes coming!!  :ascared  Thanks for posting this news Roses! :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
Personally, I'm thrilled to see PR going to Lifetime.  I love this show, but my (ultra-lame!!) cable company doesn't carry Bravo!  (:;)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »
 (:;)  And my satellite company doesn't have Lifetime in HD but Bravo is  :pull 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
(:;)  And my satellite company doesn't have Lifetime in HD but Bravo is  :pull 

Pretty soon they will, we'll have HD all the time, next year!  ;) I forget to watch the HD channels to be honest.   :res:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »
This in from E!News

Project Runway Is Makin' Whoopi for the Tonys
Today 6:38 AM PDT by Marc Malkin

The Tony Awards are gonna be fierce this year.

We can exclusively report that show host Whoopi Goldberg will be wearing a design by Project Runway winner Christian Siriano on the big night.

"I am dressing Whoopi Goldberg for the Tonys," Siriano revealed the other night at the Declare Yourself and American Eagle celebrity T-shirt launch in Los Angeles.

Reps for the Tonys and Goldberg confirmed Siriano's latest gig.

The Tonys will be handed out at Radio City Hall in New York City June 15 and telecast live on CBS.

Meanwhile, the New York Daily News reported yesterday that Goldberg has gotten the Big Apple's mayor, Michael Bloomberg, to tape a bit for the show. "He's my friend, and who better to start the night than the mayor of New York City?" Goldberg told the News.

—Additional reporting by Laura Lane

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »
Personally, I'm thrilled to see PR going to Lifetime.  I love this show, but my (ultra-lame!!) cable company doesn't carry Bravo!  (:;)

:'( I don't think I will be able to watch PR too (:;)

But great updates roses  :hugs:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
Next 'Project Runway' put on hold
 A New York judge has just issued an injunction that will temporarily halt Lifetime from airing Project Runway after five seasons on Bravo, reports USA TODAY's Gary Levin. Bravo parent NBC Universal sued Runway producer The Weinstein Co., alleging it had the right to match any competing offer for its top-rated series.

Lifetime was to have aired a sixth season of the show starting in November, but recently pushed back the premiere to January. It now appears the show's future on Lifetime will await the outcome of a meeting next month at which a potential settlement could be discussed.   

NBC Universal said in a statement it was "pleased" about the injunction. "The overwhelming evidence demonstrated that The Weinstein Company violated NBC Universal's right of first refusal to future cycles of Project Runway. After hearing all of the evidence, the court issued an order prohibiting The Weinstein Company from taking the show or any spin-off to Lifetime."

And Lifetime said it was "disappointed" with the decision. "It’s unfortunate that the people hurt most by this ongoing dispute are the loyal fans of Project Runway. In the meantime, Lifetime will pursue all measures to uphold its valid and binding agreement reached with The Weinstein Company for season six of Project Runway.   

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SmartWater

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 02:10:10 AM »
My favorite designer, hands down, is Leanne! I love her signature style and how she is consistent with her deisgns. I hope she wins!! Who do you think is going to win?