Author Topic: BB 9 Mafia??  (Read 1852 times)

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
BB 9 Mafia??
« on: April 04, 2008, 08:53:32 AM »
Ok this is a really fun game and keeps you intrested to the very end, we need quite a few players though,I will explain how to play, I think this is something we would all have alot of doing here at RFF, Here is the name of the game

The game of Mafia is about convincing others, about being able to lie believably, and about being able to figure out if other people are lying. It will reveal a lot about players to each other,  It is tremendous fun if the players have a sense of humor.

The setting is a once peaceful House which has been invaded by the dark forces of corruption - the Mafia.

The Mafia's sole purpose is to murder the big brother house while in their bed. They have free reign of the house at night, but by day they appear to be normal citizens.

As a response to these terrible events, the big brother 9 people have hired an Inspector, whose job is to remain disguised while attempting to root our the members of the Mafia.

Game Rules
Game Setup
The game of Mafia is played by an odd number of people. Good numbers are 9, 11, or 13. Players are either big brother contestants or Mafia. In addition, one of the bigbrothers is the Inspector. Who plays what is determined at random. I will probably draw names to assign someone there person

The number of Mafia and big brothers can vary, depending on which side is winning more often:

Players  Mafia  Leans Toward 
9  3  Even 
9  2  Townspeople 
11  3  Even 
11  4  Mafia 
13  3  Townspeople 
13  4  Even 
13  5  Mafia 

Starting with 3 Mafia is generally recommended.

Order of Play
The game takes place over the duration of several "days" and "nights". Play begins at the start of the first "day", and proceeds as follows:

Everyone discusses who might be in the Mafia. Eventually, a vote is called and the (un)lucky candidate is run out of town (or lynched, or tarred and feathered, or... You get the idea). As they are run out of town (of whatever), the player gets to make one final statement.

Night falls. and everyone will PM me with who they think is the mafia, and the mafia will pm me with the kill, lol The members of the Mafia then select someone they will kill, by pointing at people until they all agree on one.
The Moderator tells the Inspector to guess 3 people they think are mafia and the moderator will tell the inspector 1 person. This happens even if the Inspector has been killed, or run out of town. 
The Moderator announces the coming of the morning, and the name of the luckless victim. Embelishments on the method of death are fun here (Ooh, Nat was found choking on her tongue in the hot tub!).
The houseguests, realizing that their previous council did not root out all the evil, return to step one and play proceeds from there.
Winning Conditions
The game is over when:

All of the Mafia have been eliminated. The houseguests win
There are an equal number of houseguests and Mafia at the end of a "day". The Mafia wins
Play Hints
Calling a Vote
During the day, the houseguests get to vote on who to run out of town. At any point during the discussion, someone can call a vote by saying "I vote So-and-So is a Mafia and should be run out of town." If more than half the living players agree, then the elected person is unceremoniously removed from the game. There should always be an odd number of players during the day, so a vote will not end in a deadlock.. That's where the fun lies! So like the BB house you really dont know who to trust in this game, you try tro make alliances in this game, and hope you are right that they are not mafia

The First Day
During the first day, members of the Mafia have no information about who's in the Mafia or not. The person to get voted out is pretty random, so it's up to everyone to make a good, convincing first statement that will result in them not being voted out. ex. Hi I am sheila and I am NOT mafia, I am a loyal single mother, lol.... NOW sheila could be mafia so you have to go with how strong that players opening statements are

Once the first night falls, though, the Mafia will be able to act in a much mure unified way.

The Inspector
The Inspector has no way to prove their role, since players are not allowed to tell one another to prove they are what they say there are. Admitting one is the Inspector can result in a swift death in the middle of the night, unless only one member of the Mafia was left alive.

Then there is a doctor who one time in the game can ressurt a past houseguest who has been brought to his or her death

This is a very easy game, and FUN FUN FUN.. LET ME KNOW if we want to play and I will host this fun game.. here is how the players would go

The inspector would be Julie Chen
The Doctor would be Alison Grodner

Then the houseguests would be

James
Adam
Sheila
Natalie
Ryan
Sharon
Josh
Chelsia
Matty

Then we would have 4 people who are mafia, we would need 15 players, this is fun guys, and we get to know each other, So if you want to play BB9 Mafia lets do it.. if you have questions ask and I can make this a little easier if it is hard to understand
Having some Spring Fun

Offline I'm Ron Burgundy?

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: BB 9 Mafia??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »
I'm actually killer at this game. I've played it over like, 30 times. :P

In.
Let's do this like Judas.