Author Topic: Gnatterly and the Crazy Eights  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
Gnatterly and the Crazy Eights
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »
O.K., well I found my last post at the bottom of the comments board, so something's going right.

This next question has been bugging me for a long time now (and it may be unanswerable)

regarding Gnatterly and Her Game of Crazy Eights:

Where did Gnatterly get the idea that she should be counting things in the house and that sets of eight had special significance?

Did BB give a hint to HGs that clues were in the house, and, if so, what were the clues supposed to point to?

I know that with her obsession with eights, if BB9 did have any intention of making a question of them, it has long since been abandoned, as she has talked about it so much (when does she not talk about anything too much?); the producers are constantly adjusting challenges and rewards according to what is going on in the house.

Again, a must see for any reality fan is Joe Schmoe on Spike TV -- watch for reruns or request them.  It's brilliant.  The entire cast of the other "regular people" is made up of improv actors, and the main person, "Joe Schmoe" is a real guy from Pittsburg -- a super-nice regular Joe, as it turns out.  The producers were stumped time after time when they engineered things to have certain outcomes because he never acted with the expected greed and self-interest of people on reality shows.

It is the Holy Grail of reality shows for me!  Because of the nature of the program -- a regular guy picked out, who will win at the end, and has no idea that everyone else is an improv actor, fulfilling the representative roles of the jock, the princess, the gay guy, the older guy and so on -- we get to see the behind-the-scenes production work.

I wonder if they have put it out on DVD.

and back to the question: Where did this Crazy Eights idea come from?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: Gnatterly and the Crazy Eights
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
I am guessing that it is partly because she is crazy, but it could be something from the Diary Room. You know, "have you noticed anything in common around the house?" and then she goes looking for it!

I find it amazing that she came to the "Evil Dick" conclusion with it! LOL

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »
I was amazed at that too:  the eighth week and "Evel Dick" from "BB 8 will come in and 'Evel Dick' has eight letters . . . ."

and then on the other hand, she was amazed that there were "eight plates, eight cups, eight saucers, eight spoons . . . ." set up on the table [which was, in simpler terms, set for eight people]. 

How many people are in the house right now?  Eight?  Nine when Matt left, so yes, eight. Of course the table is set for eight.   :pull

Maybe the "Evel Dick" guess was sort of like the thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters eventually typing out Shakespeare axiom.  Here we have one indescribable piece of work running her mouth at the speed of light with no respite: eventually she might say something that makes sense.    :snicker:

I am guessing that it is partly because she is crazy, but it could be something from the Diary Room. You know, "have you noticed anything in common around the house?" and then she goes looking for it!

I find it amazing that she came to the "Evil Dick" conclusion with it! LOL

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »
Maybe she will stumble upon the meaning of life while inside the BB house!!

Offline Playing Games

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »
She really annoys me. I mean really really annoys me. Does RRF have a board shrink who can make a diagnoSEES of this retard?

:groan: 

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:10:41 PM »
She has been counting things from when people were partnerd up. But what I don't get is like there are really 9 sailboats but one got moved to the BY so when she counted there was 8. I think its just BB liking even numbers.

And then the DR kinda started 'making fun' of her and pressing her about it so she really thinks shes on to something when I really believe they are just yanking her chain. And if it was something I seriously doubt they would have made her seem like a crazy person on Sunday's show kwim?

As for Evel Dick coming back and having 8 letters. It was actually Sheila who was like "I think Dick will come host a comp" - or just come back. And then they got the mallets, and Dick won it last year. And then I think Natalie who talks herself into things was like "Dick is 4 letters, ooooh they called him Evel Dick". I mean because in reality wouldn't she have tried Donato or something first.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »
She now thinks that Dr Will will come into the house because he was in seasons 2&7 = 9, lmao

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »
I guess my hubbys theory of her not being able to count past 8 is wrong. She now knows there is a number 9 *sigh*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 12:43:06 AM »
I guess my hubbys theory of her not being able to count past 8 is wrong. She now knows there is a number 9 *sigh*
:lol3:

" I did not give Matty oral pleasure, I touched his penis once, he wanted me to but I wouldn't so if he started rumors that I did I have lost all respect for him!"   :crazy: :knock:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 01:46:59 AM »
Thats right Natalie, you did it twice :lol:

Did you see her face when Josh said that stuff gets You Tubed :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 02:06:49 AM »
"my family must be watching and my friends, GO NATALIE GO!!!"

Offline Gnattering

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »

Priceless!

"In the ninth week, Wednesday [veto day?] is April 9, and James has nine lives, so we can get him out that week."

Hmmm, so whover nominates him has to nominate him 3/31 officially, unofficially?  No, eviction and HOH are on Sundays, right? 
nominations shown on Tuesdays, vetos on Wednesdays?  Now I'm totally confused.  Need to check my DirecTV schedule.

At any rate, I think it means whoever is new HOH needs to nominate him this week, in the house -- there is some sort of overlap of weeks and events and showing; I watch Showtime BB After Dark and get confused about real time and CBS time.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »
O.K., well I found my last post at the bottom of the comments board, so something's going right.

This next question has been bugging me for a long time now (and it may be unanswerable)

regarding Gnatterly and Her Game of Crazy Eights:

Where did Gnatterly get the idea that she should be counting things in the house and that sets of eight had special significance?

Did BB give a hint to HGs that clues were in the house, and, if so, what were the clues supposed to point to?

I know that with her obsession with eights, if BB9 did have any intention of making a question of them, it has long since been abandoned, as she has talked about it so much (when does she not talk about anything too much?); the producers are constantly adjusting challenges and rewards according to what is going on in the house.

Again, a must see for any reality fan is Joe Schmoe on Spike TV -- watch for reruns or request them.  It's brilliant.  The entire cast of the other "regular people" is made up of improv actors, and the main person, "Joe Schmoe" is a real guy from Pittsburg -- a super-nice regular Joe, as it turns out.  The producers were stumped time after time when they engineered things to have certain outcomes because he never acted with the expected greed and self-interest of people on reality shows.

It is the Holy Grail of reality shows for me!  Because of the nature of the program -- a regular guy picked out, who will win at the end, and has no idea that everyone else is an improv actor, fulfilling the representative roles of the jock, the princess, the gay guy, the older guy and so on -- we get to see the behind-the-scenes production work.

I wonder if they have put it out on DVD.

and back to the question: Where did this Crazy Eights idea come from?

hi ya! Ali :waves: she got it from allison! before allison left the house she was going around writing things and #'s on a paper towel with the nail polish!,[trying to slove some puzzle :duno:] after allison left, nat took over!
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »
"In the ninth week, Wednesday [veto day?] is April 9, and James has nine lives, so we can get him out that week."

Hmmm, so whover nominates him has to nominate him 3/31 officially, unofficially?  No, eviction and HOH are on Sundays, right?
nominations shown on Tuesdays, vetos on Wednesdays?  Now I'm totally confused.  Need to check my DirecTV schedule.

To get James out on the ninth, the new hoh on Wednesday April 2nd, will have to nom him on the fifth or sixth for him to go out on the ninth. That is unless BB does something else like a double eviction or something like that and changes all of this.

Expect the unexpected!
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 10:31:05 PM »
Yep, he would have to be nominated this week, or backdoored (which everyone plays for POV so its not technically that) later on. But we are thinking the double eviction will happen on the 9th so that is another option which is what I think Natalie is aimining for because everything will happen on the 9th.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 12:54:55 AM »
I'm not sure that we have time for a double eviction now that the finale date is moved up, I guess we wait and see?

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
There are six Hg's and three more eviction nights before the finale  ???
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline I'm Ron Burgundy?

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 10:36:44 PM »
^^^
Double Eviction is a for sure with the dates, that's the night I'm the most stoked about. That's the time every year where my jaw drops. Hopefully this year is just as good.

EDIT: Actually, double eviction is next week. It's the only date that's left that could be possibly.(6th evicted, 5th evicted, final four hoh) because they can't do final 3 hoh obviously.

I'm stooooked at the possibility of James and Sharon going home one after the other.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:41:31 PM by Prickzy »
Let's do this like Judas.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:17 AM »
I don't think theres time for a double eviction now that the final is moved up, we'll see.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 04:25:02 AM »
I agree Puddin. 5 left on the 9th, 4 on the 16th, 2 on the 23rd. Finale is 4 days later giving them plenty of time for 3 HOHs and sending the final jury member to sequester.