Author Topic: POLL: Dancing With The Stars 6  (Read 8620 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
POLL: Dancing With The Stars 6
« on: March 17, 2008, 04:25:55 AM »
Pick two celebrities you think are most likely to win Season 6.  You can change your vote each week if you want. 
Comment on your choices too.  :happy: :nana :pickle: :dancer: :dance:
Have fun! :jumpy:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 07:56:48 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Dancing With The Stars 6
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:39:59 AM »
Adam: I like radio show hosts! :lol:  He has no dance background, so he's the underdog, which I usually vote for if they're likable.  His awesome partner Hough has chalked up two wins for DWTS. 

Kristi: She's a graceful skater with excellent focus & a positive attitude.  I think she'll dance gracefully, after a round or two.  Even wearing a totally different type of footwear, she'll soon adjust and do an excellent job! :tup:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:37:14 AM »
Why is there a new thread? What was wrong with the old one, which I don't write in but do read?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »
Well, I usually need a few episodes to get a feel for the celebrities, because I don't know all of them, but here's my take.

Adam Carolla:  Hilarious, I am a subscriber to his radio shows via iTunes, and I love him and Jimmy Kimmel from "The Man Show."  It would be wrong of me not to root for him.  And yes, I do like Julianne too.

Shannon Elizabeth:  She was good in "American Pie".  Enough said.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:37:13 AM »
Cristian de la Fuente - i just like his name
Kristi Yamaguchi - she should be a fan favorite
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:06:05 PM »
Why is there a new thread? What was wrong with the old one, which I don't write in but do read?
Because we are a forum and want members to feel that they can post freely, I think that it is pretty clear that this is not a duplicate topic.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »
Because we are a forum and want members to feel that they can post freely, I think that it is pretty clear that this is not a duplicate topic.

TheCinera obviously agrees with you, but RealityFreakWill probably wouldn't. What about Texan, Mandoli, Mam2Myboys, reedthis and cc bb fan, all of whom have posted on the other thread and were waiting for it to actually start? The most recent posting on that thread was March 16, less than 2 days ago. That's not an indication of a dead thread!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »

TheCinera obviously agrees with you, but RealityFreakWill probably wouldn't. What about Texan, Mandoli, Mam2Myboys, reedthis and cc bb fan, all of whom have posted on the other thread and were waiting for it to actually start? The most recent posting on that thread was March 16, less than 2 days ago. That's not an indication of a dead thread!
Maybe you should start a poll apskip's  :lol:? Like what say you RFWill, Texan, Mandoli, Mama, reedthis and ca bb?

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
Maybe you should start a poll apskip's  :lol:? Like what say you RFWill, Texan, Mandoli, Mama, reedthis and ca bb?

:lol: You guys are funny I only posted it as a reminder that it was going to be aired on Monday

Honestly I don't keep with all the shows and the threads that get started

especially the ones I don't start so I don't feel obligated to keep it up to date  ;)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
I thought this one was a poll and not really a discussion thread.    I did not see the show so I can not tell you my favorites.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
I changed one of my votes from Adam to Jason.  I like Adam as a person & radio show host, but unless he improves drastically and soon, he'll soon be gone.

I switched my vote to Jason, who is showing he is a very smooth dancer.  Anyway, he's a NFL football player! Like Emmitt Smith who won DWTS 4, maybe Jason will do as well?!

I'm keeping Kristi for now.  However, one thing that dawned on me about Kristi: Will people regard her like they did Season 5's Sabrina, and vote her out sooner before later, simply b/c she's so good!?  Will her past skating experience hurt her chances of going far in the DWTS competition b/c people will regard that experience as being very similar to dancing?

Marlee, the deaf actress, is doing great, and I've considered changing my vote to her...but for now will keep Kristi & Jason.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: POLL: Dancing With The Stars 6
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »
I changed my votes, but Not to Kristi.  She's a shoo-in unless she gets the boot b/c she's TOO good...like Sabrina in Season 5.

I love the short-legged, smiley, chubby actress Marissa!  She is showing remarkable improvement.  And, all that exercise will probably help her lose weight, which will help her dance even better. 

I adore Marlee...also showing much improvement.  To be able to dance so well in spite of her deafness is truly phenomenal! 

Gooo get'em gals!  :jumpy: :yess:

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 01:17:31 PM »
I said Kristi and Priscilla,
Having some Spring Fun

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »
I picked Marlee and Christian.  I wanted to pick Kristi, but I have a feeling she's going to suffer the same fate a Sabrina last season.  Early front runner....voters get lazy....one bad week with the judges...and she's out. 

Marlee has the sentimental favorite vote and Christian has the hot-Latino vote.  I see them as final 2.  But yeah, I want to see Kristi there!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »
I picked Marlee and Christian.  I wanted to pick Kristi, but I have a feeling she's going to suffer the same fate a Sabrina last season.  Early front runner....voters get lazy....one bad week with the judges...and she's out. 
Marlee has the sentimental favorite vote and Christian has the hot-Latino vote.  I see them as final 2.  But yeah, I want to see Kristi there!
Yep, my sentiments too, vanillalatte.  Kristi was a huge fav of mine in ice skating and just love her personality and positive attitude.  I really hope she won't suffer the same fate as Sabrina. 

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 11:24:24 PM »
I really did Love Priscilla she was so graceful and fluid, I myself am a dancer in ballroom and latin so I love the show  :wohoo:

24, 21, 26?, 22, 21 darn those judges lol!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:51:45 AM »
Whew, I'm so relieved Marlee MARISSA is still there!  :yess: 

I didn't get to vote for her or anyone this week b/c my comp was acting up.  I couldn't do my normal stuff such as Dial Idol to vote or the abc site.  It is a slow loading site, plus I have Dial Up which is so slow. :groan:  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:52:40 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »
I really did Love Priscilla she was so graceful and fluid, I myself am a dancer in ballroom and latin so I love the show  :wohoo:

24, 21, 26?, 22, 21 darn those judges lol!!
Yes, Priscilla is very graceful & fluid.  I enjoyed watching her. 

Do you enter ballroom dancing contests, Kiwi Jay?

I enjoy watching the ballroom competitions on PBS. 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »
RudyRules, Marlee isn't still there. She was eliminated recently. Perhaps you mean Marissa.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
Yes I do Rudy!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »
RudyRules, Marlee isn't still there. She was eliminated recently. Perhaps you mean Marissa.
Most definitely meant MARISSA! :yess:
Thanks for calling that to my attention, apskip!
I corrected it.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 03:10:35 PM »
oh lol I was gonna say, dont you mean Marissa

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
Yes I do Rudy!
Wow!  Awesome, Kiwi Jay!!  How often?  Is there a particular dance season in NZ when they have the contests?  That's the way it is for the contests on the PBS channel here.  
Are your contests televised or "just for fun" groups?

I used to square dance and also round dance.  
Now, just for fun, I do country, & just this n' that once in awhile.  A back injury kinda put a crimp in the wild dances.  
I must be verrry careful!  

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 03:17:28 PM »
oh lol I was gonna say, dont you mean Marissa
:lol: Thanks Kiwi Jay! 

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
1. I dont believe so Rudy

2. The Contests are televised but not always it depends on your grade

3. Injuries kinda put a stop to my dancing for a while, but I guess you could say I made a comeback

4. My partner Kirsten and I dance mostly Ballroom (Quickstep now as our "major" dance)

But less about me and more about DWTS
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:28:22 PM by Kiwi Jay »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 04:09:04 PM »
Thank you for answering all my questions, Kiwi! 
Hey, our topic has to do w/ dancing, so it's ok to yak about our own dancing...once in awhile!

Good luck to you and Kirsten with your dancing!! :tup:

Now back to DWTS...Gooo Marissa! :yess: