The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Asia

TARA 2 Media/Ratings/post race news

(1/3) > >>

georgiapeach:
Sounds like fabulous ratings!

(If you haven't seen it yet, this link contains winner info)

--- Quote ---Quoting data from TNS Singapore and AGB NMR Malaysia, the channel says that it was ahead of other international cable channels during the 9-10 pm time slot. It adds that the finale even outperformed all terrestrial channels in Malaysia.

Online, the AXN site recorded over 17 million page views since October 2007, more than double of what the first season had.
--- End quote ---

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/feb/feb284.php

georgiapeach:

--- Quote ---
Bertram van Munster Takes Stake in activeTV

SINGAPORE, February 28: Bertram van Munster, co-creator and executive producer of The Amazing Race, has taken a stake in activeTV, the company that produces the Asian version of the hit CBS reality-competition series.

“We hope to bring a lot of value to the region and look forward to our team becoming one of the biggest creative production forces in Asia,” van Munster said of his plans to work with activeTV. The value and size of his investment was not disclosed.
--- End quote ---

http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=active022808.htm

apskip:
van Munster and Doganieri have always been on the major credits for Amazing Race Asia, but their collaoration is not apparent in the actual casting, planning and production of ARA1 and ARA2. I think that Michael McKay needs some major help, particularly in casting and episode planning, for ARA3 and beyond.

nikita:

--- Quote from: apskip on February 29, 2008, 12:26:05 PM --- I think that Michael McKay needs some major help, particularly in casting and episode planning, for ARA3 and beyond.

--- End quote ---

I agree!  :jam:  Michael McKay and his casting team should be more discerning with their team choices. I think having local celebrities on the race seems akin to laziness as if they were recruited not casted. A friend of mine from an PR company told me this when she saw the cast for TARA2. Sure they had audition videos but they were not that impressive. Marc and Rovilson had the most scripted (there is an unconfirmed report McKay admitted this) while Paula and Natasha bored me to tears.  :res: Ann and Diane had the best.  :tup:  I hope Mr. Van Munster would give a huge amount of input because quite frankly  TARA producers had the weakest and unbalance set of teams and tasks for season 2. Only Collin and Adrian's win and Ann and Diane's casting saved the show.

georgiapeach:
Vanessa update/Interview

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/you/super/view/20080307-123390/The-afterlife-of-Vanessa-Chong

--- Quote ---When watching the race, one cannot help but wonder, is that really ALL real? With CGI and the wonders of editing it’s hard to believe everything you see. However, Vanessa was quick to ensure me it was ALL real. “It’s real time. You are always racing. When you open your first clue there is no stopping. You try not to stop even to buy water but you think twice. The pitstop is the only time you get to freshen up, get a good meal, 3-4 hours of sleep, life is on adrenaline.” Being on a reality show is probably the hardest thing to be cast for. Viewers see all the moments in your life: the sad, the funny, the heartwarming and the ugly. “It’s amazing that people recognize us around Asia,” Vanessa humbly says. ” People feel like they know you and are genuinely concerned!”
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version