Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!  (Read 25059 times)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Re: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »
... an interesting article:

Julianne Hough rooting for Kristi to win

Well with that said ca bb I change mind and have to go for who Julianne says only because I love her to death!
 :lol:  Can't help it I do she is so darn cute so I go for whom ever she wants! Shes my favorite.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
I go for what my eyes tell me is the best dancing. Kristi and Mark had 2 dazzling routines with excellent synchronization and footwork. The only thing I did not like about their routine was Mark's flip. It was perfectly performed, but why use tricks when the level of dancing they have is so high? Jason/Edyta and Cristian/Cheryl appeared to use even more tricks. It's not dancing in my opinion. It's just pandering to the audience.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:00:59 PM by apskip »

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2008, 10:59:01 AM »
If Kristi and Mark do not win this, there is no justice.

unfortunately, the voting public's vote could swing the winner to one of the guys. By the scoring, Kristi has 36.81, Christian 31.9 and Jason 31.29 as their judges share of the scoring. a big vote for either of the guys could swing it back to one of them.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but from the ABC webpage:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=aboutthevote
THE PROCEDURE FOR ELIMINATING COUPLES:
Each week every couple receives points from the judges and votes from the public. For every couple we work out the share they got of the points given by the judges on the night, and the share they got of the public's votes on the night and we add these two shares together. The couple with the lowest combined total is eliminated from the show.

For example if couple A, B and C receive 38, 26 and 14 points from the judges, we calculate what share these points represent of the total awarded by the judges on the night. In this case the judges gave 78 points in total, and each couples' share of 78 points breaks down as follows: 38= 48.72% of 78, 26= 33.33% of 78, 14= 17.95% of 78. Let's suppose that when the public votes are tallied, each couple has the following shares: A= 20%, B=40%, C=40%. To determine who's eliminated we combine these two shares for the total:

Couple A: 20+48.72%= 68.72%
Couple B: 40+33.33%= 73.33%
Couple C: 40+17.95%= 57.95%

In this case, the bottom two couples would be A and C, and C would be eliminated.

always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2008, 02:45:33 PM »

As much as the men are pretty to look at they certainly haven't achieved the same level of skill and technique as Kristi

The men are lucky to have been coupled up with great professional dancers like Cheryl and Edyta to mask their incapability

The performance last night given by Kristi was one of a champ. It was superb and a pleasure to watch.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
I will announce the final standings:

Winner - Kristi Yamaguchi/MarkBallas

2nd Place - Jason Taylor/Edyta Sliwinski

3rd Place - Cristian de la Funte/Cheryl Burke

We knew the judges had it right and expected that the public would too. They did. Jason and Ciristian were close going in to the Finale but they switched places as a result of the popular vote.

I have to say now what I should have said one day earlier. I found the visit of  Julianne Hough(last year's winner), to show Kristi how to improve lifts and to flip Mark, to be delightful.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »
Thank you all for the wonderful updates my daughter and I sat down to watch the show this morning got a 1/2 hour into it and then we had a beautiful black screen and no show  (:;) :pull (:;) :pull oh well a season of watching and no finale  :'(  and yes I am on the phone YET AGAIN with Directv!!!

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »
try the link at ABC. They don't work for me but if you're in the USA, should for you. The finale is posted.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
Thank you all for the wonderful updates my daughter and I sat down to watch the show this morning got a 1/2 hour into it and then we had a beautiful black screen and no show  (:;) :pull (:;) :pull oh well a season of watching and no finale  :'(  and yes I am on the phone YET AGAIN with Directv!!!

:ascared Oh no again wow roses I would hate to be the customer service agent that receives your call  :lol:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »
Oh roses!!  That just flat out sucks!  So all you got was part of the season recap which was total fast forward material. 

I'm so happy for Kristi!  I was so afraid Jason was going to win after Christian was eliminated prior to the final dance. 

YAY KRISTI!!!!