Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!  (Read 24974 times)

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
Re: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »
I am bad and give all my votes to Cheryl every week.  :-[  I  :hrt: Cheryl. I am looking forward to the top 10 judge favorites tonight.  she's sure to be in at least one if not more.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »
Well, my first thought was "you've got to be kidding", rosesrred in your preference for Marissa and Tony and your obvious disdain for the better dancing of Kristi and Mark. However, I guess you can use other factors than pure dancing ability in a dancing ability contest! Let's bring back Marie Osmond!!! Where is she when you need her? Here are the actual scores of each couple, with Cristian and Cheryl surprising in the lead last night and certain to do well with the sympathy vote from the fans even if they were not:

Kristi and Mark 29 Quickstep 26 Samba    55 total
Mario and Karina 27 Waltz 26 Jive            53 total
Marissa and Tony 25 Foxtrot 25 Mambo    50 total Note that this is 10% below Kristi and Mark
Jason and Edyta 29 Tango 23 Samba       52 total
Cristian and Cheryl 29 Foxtrot 28 Mambo 57 total Congratulations for what had to be an extremely gritty perofrmance, with more of that to could from them since Cristian must keep his arm stiff

Oh apskip I don't have disdain for Kristi at all I think she is a great dancer - I just think she has a huge advantage over everyone else because she has had quite a bit of dancing knowledge for one she can stay on point when she does her turns, how to keep her hands, body and moves that most of the other dancers are learning for the first time.  She has done this for years upon years you don't gold medal in ice dancing without that.  She has just moved it to the dance floor rather than ice.  Marissa or Jason may go home tonight I just feel they should stay (mainly Jason) because he started from square one and has really improved.  That's all I love Kristi  :-*

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
I am bad and give all my votes to Cheryl every week.  :-[  I  :hrt: Cheryl. I am looking forward to the top 10 judge favorites tonight.  she's sure to be in at least one if not more.

My favorite is Julianne Hough I just love her she is not only cute, but her choreography is flawless and our 2 girls (Cheryl and Julianne) have won the most if I'm not mistaken.  But I'm liking Derek on the mens side his dancing and choreography are great too!  My least favorite is Edyta (sorry any Edyta lovers) I just feel when it comes to costumes every week her one demand is use as little material as possible and the top can be a bra that's all - very little material and a bra.  :lol:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:00:07 PM by rosesrred »

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »

Oh apskip I don't have disdain for Kristi at all I think she is a great dancer - I just think she has a huge advantage over everyone else because she has had quite a bit of dancing knowledge for one she can stay on point when she does her turns, how to keep her hands, body and moves that most of the other dancers are learning for the first time.  She has done this for years upon years you don't gold medal in ice dancing without that.  She has just moved it to the dance floor rather than ice.  Marissa or Jason may go home tonight I just feel they should stay (mainly Jason) because he started from square one and has really improved.  That's all I love Kristi  :-*

OK, since figure skating is another passion of mine, I have to make one quick correction....Kristi was a singles figure skater.  Ice dancing is something completely different, but yes, the point of ice DANCING is to translate ballroom dances onto the ice.  Kristi was a figure skater, different thing altogether.  :) :) :)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »
Well, the public has spoken! Mario and Karina, with the middle score out of 5, get eliminated. Popularity wins out over dancing once again. Marissa and Tony and Jason and Edyta get the opportunity to continue. Based on prior week performance, that is deserved for Jason, but not for Marissa. She should have gotten the boot this week. I hope we are not heading for a Marie Osmond replay!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »

OK, since figure skating is another passion of mine, I have to make one quick correction....Kristi was a singles figure skater.  Ice dancing is something completely different, but yes, the point of ice DANCING is to translate ballroom dances onto the ice.  Kristi was a figure skater, different thing altogether.  :) :) :)

I think you know what I meant by ice dancing I know Kristi is a figure skater (she doesn't use a partner on the ice but she did in the beginning of her career)  but her moves are artistic and they are definetly choreographed even though she has required jumps, spins, etc in her routines.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:31:56 PM by rosesrred »

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »
  I think you know what I meant by ice dancing I know Kristi is a figure skater (she doesn't use a partner on the ice but she did in the beginning of her career)  but her moves are artistic and they are definetly choreographed even though she has required jumps, spins, etc in her routines.

Of course I knew what you meant, roses!   :hugs:  Just couldn't resist the opportunity to share the wonderful world of figure skating with you all!  :-* :-[

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »
Well, the public has spoken! Mario and Karina, with the middle score out of 5, get eliminated. Popularity wins out over dancing once again. Marissa and Tony and Jason and Edyta get the opportunity to continue. Based on prior week performance, that is deserved for Jason, but not for Marissa. She should have gotten the boot this week. I hope we are not heading for a Marie Osmond replay!

:funny: Your so funny apskip.

I'm with you on that one. As adorable and bubbly as she is Marissa doesn't do a thing for me when I watch her dance.

I find although she can certainly dance with great spirit and enthusiasm she must be able to win for the overall criteria of the competition.

My fav to win this season is Kristi.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »
I want Kristi to win, too, because she's just so stunning on the dance floor!  But, I also want Marissa to make it all the way to the end.  She works SOOOO hard, has improved SOOOO much and she's just incredibly appreciative of the whole experience.  I can't help but have fun watching her.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »

I think it's about now that the judges tone down their antics and stop being so lenient with their scores.

I mean we are down to the final 4 and with the final 3 fast approaching we should be left with the best of talent in this season.

So we might be in for some serious critiquing and real scores.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:58:30 AM by ca bb fan »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2008, 02:02:59 AM »
I want Kristi to win, too, because she's just so stunning on the dance floor!  But, I also want Marissa to make it all the way to the end.  She works SOOOO hard, has improved SOOOO much and she's just incredibly appreciative of the whole experience.  I can't help but have fun watching her.
:ythat: LOL! Gooo Marissa!  Her dancing isn't stunning like Kristi's of course, but she doesn't have the experience that Kristi has.  Considering that, Marissa's plump bod & short legs are doing purty dang great!!  Wow, I give her a lot of credit for how she moves her bod around--with finesse, on the beat, graceful, stylish, with exuberance and enthusiasm!  :tup: :tup: :tup:

Marissa Gal, keep rockin that short chubby cutie bod with all your heart and soul!
 Hey, YOU just might win!  :yess: 

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2008, 07:14:30 AM »
As an overachiever, there is no question that Marissa is spectacular and has no peer.

As a dancer, there is no question in my mind that Kristi has outperformed everyone else and she is my favorite too.

As the other star likely to make the Final 3 I think it will be Jason for his solid performances earlier in the competition.

As the odd man out not making the Final 3, I expect that will be Cristian(despite the fact that he has 2-time winner Cheryl Burke as his partner)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2008, 09:02:25 PM »
As an overachiever, there is no question that Marissa is spectacular and has no peer.

As a dancer, there is no question in my mind that Kristi has outperformed everyone else and she is my favorite too.

As the other star likely to make the Final 3 I think it will be Jason for his solid performances earlier in the competition.

As the odd man out not making the Final 3, I expect that will be Cristian(despite the fact that he has 2-time winner Cheryl Burke as his partner)

:lol:  Why does this not surprise me  :hfive:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »
Here are the dances and scores for tonight's semifinal round:

Jason and Edyta    Foxtrot 28  Paso Doble 27   Total 55

Marissa and Tony  Quickstep 26  Rumba  26   Total 52

Cristian and Cheryl  Viennese Waltz 27  Samba 29   Total 56

Christi and Mark   Tango 29  Jive 28   Total 57

Some comments:
It's finally time to say bye-bye to Marissa and Tony. Marissa does not have that many fans that she can overcome clearly superior competition.
Why did Christi and Mark do the Latin tango first when the Latin round was second?  This puzzles me.
How can the judges rationalize having given Christi adn Mark all 10s for the Jive earlier, seeing them dance quite a bit more brilliantly and effectively this time, and have Carrie Ann and Len give them 9s? It makes no sense to me.
It's going to be close between the top 3 teams in the finals, assuming that I am correct in predicting that they will be the Final 3.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »
Go Jason ;)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2008, 04:13:08 AM »

I thought the judges where off in their scores as well. To receive a 9 the dance requires a near perfect execution so I really thought they were generous at times.

My one problem was when Len gave an excuse for Marissa’s Rumba stating that the dance itself does not have a wow factor. I disagree. The Rumba is a beautiful sensual slow moving dance performed correctly can leave a person wowed. I felt Marissa had the sexiness down pat but lost me in the dance. I agree with Carrie Ann’s remark on the Quickstep but I felt that way all along is that Marissa’s dance performances do nothing for me.

I only hope it’s time to say bye-bye to Marissa. Her over the top enthusiasm has worn thin with me.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 02:51:04 PM »
Unfortunately, I have to agree that it looks like poor Marissa is going home tonight.  I wanted her to make the final so badly just because she's so darned much fun to watch.  I love her enthusiasm and joy on the floor.  I know she won't win, but I just wanted her to make it all the way to the end.

One the other hand, am I the only one who feels like Jason Taylor is really being over-scored???  (Sorry Mama! I know he's your fav!) I mean, I agree that, for a big guy, he really dances well, but if we saw the same quality of carriage, arm placement and flat-footedness from a shorter guy, the judges would blast him.  I just don't get it.   

As far as Christian, I though his second dance was definitely better than the first. In the waltz, I really felt him protecting the arm.  The choreography didn't mask the injury as well as last week.  The samba was fun, and much better as far as choreographing around the injury. 

To me, it seems like the judges are being intentionally harsh on Kristi and easy on Jason and Christian.  Seems to me, none of the judges want Kristi to win, and they will pick any little detail to mark her down on. 

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2008, 01:25:26 AM »
I'm so happy Marissa and Tony are finally eliminated!

Next week is the grand finale!!!!

Kristi/Mark

Jason/Edyta

Cristian/Cheryl

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »

Kristi/Mark

Jason/Edyta

Cristian/Cheryl

I have to agree with you on that one Marissa needed to go.  I only hope that Jason wins Football star (no dancing experience) to ballroom dancer now that is an accomplishment that needs to be rewarded!  Love Kristi but Ice Skater (with dancing experience) to ballroom dancer that's great but not an accomplishment.  But I do think she will win  :duno:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 02:43:53 PM »

Kristi/Mark

Jason/Edyta

Cristian/Cheryl

I have to agree with you on that one Marissa needed to go.  I only hope that Jason wins Football star (no dancing experience) to ballroom dancer now that is an accomplishment that needs to be rewarded!  Love Kristi but Ice Skater (with dancing experience) to ballroom dancer that's great but not an accomplishment.  But I do think she will win  :duno:

I really want Kristi to win, I have from the beginning.  I think it was Len who made the point last night that although everyone says Kristi came in with the advantage, that's really not the case because since she was able to move well from the beginning, her degree of difficulty has been much higher than the other stars.  The dancers are judged based on how they perform the dance they are given so Kristi doesn't receive a bonus for more difficult dances.  I never really thought of it that way.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »
Unfortunately, I have to agree that it looks like poor Marissa is going home tonight.  I wanted her to make the final so badly just because she's so darned much fun to watch.  I love her enthusiasm and joy on the floor.  I know she won't win, but I just wanted her to make it all the way to the end.

One the other hand, am I the only one who feels like Jason Taylor is really being over-scored???  (Sorry Mama! I know he's your fav!) I mean, I agree that, for a big guy, he really dances well, but if we saw the same quality of carriage, arm placement and flat-footedness from a shorter guy, the judges would blast him.  I just don't get it.   

As far as Christian, I though his second dance was definitely better than the first. In the waltz, I really felt him protecting the arm.  The choreography didn't mask the injury as well as last week.  The samba was fun, and much better as far as choreographing around the injury. 

To me, it seems like the judges are being intentionally harsh on Kristi and easy on Jason and Christian.  Seems to me, none of the judges want Kristi to win, and they will pick any little detail to mark her down on. 

i agree with ya! i think jason is way over scored...IMO! yes he has done a ok [good job at learning BUT not 9's and 10's JMO! Kristi is not a ballroom dancer, just because she has great movement cuz she is a skater.. doesnt mean she shouldnt win! she has had to learn these dances, just b/cuz she has great movement doesnt mean she is a ballroom dancer, she has had to learn just like the rest have.....look at almost all the winners in the past, [they all have some movement i.e can atlease move thier hips, go to a club and just dance, that doesnt mean they are ballroom dancers just mean maybe they can pick it up faster and better... GO KRISTI!!!!!!!!!! i vote for her and only her. i hope she wins!
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »

Marissa girl had to go, I'm glad she had fun.

I can't wait for next weeks finale  :wohoo:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2008, 11:36:23 AM »
.... an interview with Kristi

Kristi Yamaguchi goes up against the boys this week on Dancing with the Stars' sixth season finale as she faces off against NFL star Jason Taylor and Latino actor Cristián de la Fuente. In what promises to be a fantastic night of cha cha chas and freestyle dances, Kristi and her partner Mark Ballas could be the ones to end the mens' streak — there hasn't been a female winner since Season 1's Kelly Monaco. But this Olympic gold medalist says she's too busy having fun to think about that.

TV Guide.com: You've been a favorite from the start, and it's been a while since a woman has won Dancing with the Stars. Are you feeling any extra pressure?
Kristi Yamaguchi: No, I'm not looking at it as extra pressure. I think there's been pressure throughout the competition. I'm really proud and thankful for the fans who have voted us all the way through. At this point, I just want to dance my heart out and do all I can and hopefully have a good time.

TV Guide.com: You'll be going up Cheryl and Edyta. One of them is the two-time champion and the other is a show veteran.  What tricks are you and Mark planning to pull out for your freestyle?
Kristi: We've definitely got tricks up our sleeve. We've been working really hard and I think we've got some good surprises in store.

TV Guide.com: If you make it to the final two, who would you like to go up against?
Yamaguchi: Both Cristián and Jason bring something different, so I think both will be equally difficult competitors.

TV Guide.com: Is your partner Mark really as nice as he seems?
Yamaguchi: Mark is really patient, and he's an amazing teacher. He's obviously a very talented and innovative choreographer, and we work really, really well together. I'm used to being in the mode of the student, and I don't mind letting him take the lead. It's been a blast, so I think it works out well with this relationship.

TV Guide.com: You guys seem to have a really nice rapport. I hear that Mark and your husband (NHL star Bret Hedican) have started playing music together.
Yamaguchi: My husband is a self-taught musician and does it as a hobby. Mark is actually a real musician and has a band of his own. They have a lot in common, and they enjoy talking and playing music together.

TV Guide.com: How do you manage your time between training, family and your other commitments?
Yamaguchi: It's been tough. Dancing with the Stars has really consumed my life at this point. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the support of my husband, who has been here with me the whole time. It's rotated throughout the weeks with different people helping out. I definitely wouldn't be able to do this show without all the extra help.

TV Guide.com: Were you hesitant to come on the show?
Yamaguchi: They extended the invitation, and I met with them and got the lowdown on what to expect. I took a couple weeks to make the decision and work out the logistics. Part of me really wanted to do it because I love the show. The thought of learning how to dance intrigued me, but at the same time I was like, "Do I really want to be nervous every Monday and Tuesday night and put myself out there on live television?" It's a scary, scary thing.

TV Guide.com: What's the best advice Mark has given you?
Yamaguchi: The best thing he's done is just prepare me for every Monday. We work really hard — we spend six to eight hours in the studio a day. Were adding on hours now because this week we have three dances to get ready. It's really non-stop. He has been good at knowing how to push me and how far to push me.

TV Guide.com: What advice do you have for next year's dancers?
Yamaguchi: I wanted to do it because it always looked like everyone was having so much fun.  Don't stress out. It's not the Olympics. It's not your career on the line. This is fun. If you're enjoying it, the audience is going to enjoy it.

TV Guide.com: What's been your favorite dance?
Yamaguchi: That's a tough one. I really loved all of them. I would say our tango this week was one I enjoyed doing, and our first jive was fun too.

TV Guide.com: Which dance has been the hardest for you?
Yamaguchi: Definitely the samba. I think we danced it well, but we got our toughest criticism on that dance. It just showed me how technically difficult it is to get the correct motions of the samba.

TV Guide.com: Is it weird to be ballroom dancing to music that you're used to hearing on the radio?
Yamaguchi: A little bit. I think it's a way to keep the show interesting and current because otherwise it would be boring ballroom music that no one knows. It's nice to modernize it and keep the audience entertained.

TV Guide.com: Will you keep on dancing?
Yamaguchi: I think so. Obviously not to this extent, but I think socially it would be fun to do.

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/news

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »
... an interesting article:

Julianne Hough rooting for Kristi to win

Julianne Hough knows a thing or two about how to win the mirror ball trophy, and she thinks Kristi Yamaguchi has put together a recipe for success when it comes to Dancing with the Stars' sixth-season title.

"I'm really rooting for Kristi Yamaguchi," Hough told Entertainment Tonight in an interview released Monday.  "I think she's phenomenal and that she deserves to win.  She just has the most consistency throughout the whole show."

Yamaguchi and her professional partner Mark Ballas are one of Dancing with the Stars' final three sixth-season couples going into tonight's final performance episode -- in which she'll be the only remaining female celebrity participant competing against NFL star Jason Taylor and his partner Edyta Sliwinska and telenovela star Cristian de la Fuente and his partner Cheryl Burke.

"Since no Houghs are on the season anymore, I think we'll put it on Kristi and Mark," Hough told Entertainment Tonight, as she was ousted from the competition with partner Adam Carolla during the fourth week, while her brother Derek and his partner Shannon Elizabeth were booted in Week 7.

Hough had won Dancing with the Stars' previous two installments -- capturing the fourth-season title with Apolo Anton Ohno and the fifth-season crown with Helio Castroneves.  Now that she's no longer dancing on the show, she said she's enjoyed it as a spectator.

"I try to watch as much as I can.  Being an outsider now -- watching as a fan -- it's kind of cool," she told Entertainment Tonight.  "You get to get angry at [judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli].  It's kind of fun because you're not there anymore and you can get mad."

Hough has also been busy promoting her self-titled debut album, which will be released tomorrow.

"I'm so excited.  I can't wait for everybody to hear it," she told Entertainment Tonight.  "Everybody knows me as a dancer and doesn't really know that I've gone through so many experiences in my life, even though I'm 19.  So with those experiences come great songs -- and passion and emotion through the songs.  It's going to be a whole new side that people get to see of me." 

While it's only been a few weeks since she stopped dancing, Hough has apparently already become smitten with her latest endeavor.

"Singing is my No. 1 passion," she told Entertainment Tonight.  "I couldn't be happier that I'm here doing it."

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/julianne-hough-rooting-for-kristi-yamaguchi-win-dancing-with-stars-7128.php

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »
It's all over but the voting. Kristi and Mark received two perfect scores for a total of 60. Cristian and Cheryl got a 26/26 for 52 total. Jason and Edyta got 24/27 for a total of 51. I call that a blowout. I expected a lot of differentiation between Kristi/Mark and the other 2 teams because the judges have to play it straight in the finals and cannot overscore Jason or Cristian when it would grossly distort the outcome. If Kristi and Mark do not win this, there is no justice.